#2 of 145 Old 03-12-2012, 07:03 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Happy Monday Everyone!

Cycle #: 1 (first "official" cycle)

DPO (Days Past Ovulation): <10

When will you test? 11-14 DPO

Any plans for March 17th, St Patty's Day? Will be testing! ... if AF doesn't come.

Mama to DD(4) energy.gif&  DS baby.gif

#3 of 145 Old 03-12-2012, 02:27 PM

Cycle #: 4

DPO (Days Past Ovulation): 6 or 7 (FF thinks 7, I think only 6)

When will you test? Starting Wednesday and every day til I get my BFP or AF

Any plans for March 17th, St Patty's Day? Get a BFP, hopefully! Oh and going out of town for the weekend to visit family! :)
#4 of 145 Old 03-14-2012, 07:24 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamabear08 View Post

Cycle #: 4

DPO (Days Past Ovulation): 6 or 7 (FF thinks 7, I think only 6)

When will you test? Starting Wednesday and every day til I get my BFP or AF

Any plans for March 17th, St Patty's Day? Get a BFP, hopefully! Oh and going out of town for the weekend to visit family! :)

let me know how it goes!

dust.gif

#5 of 145 Old 03-15-2012, 06:22 PM

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Cycle #: 19

DPO (Days Past Ovulation):10

When will you test? 3/17

Any plans for March 17th, St Patty's Day? Cheating on my gluten/dairy free diet. If it isn't BFP I am having exploratory laproscopy so I can cheat until then.

C + B + 10y together, 5y married, 4y TTC= endometriosis, Hashimoto's thyroiditis, recurrent miscarriages
IVF 1/6/13 angel.gif @10w , FET 5/21/13 angel3.gif @7w, IVF 10/11/13 angel.gif @5w, FET 2/2/14 angel.gif @5w
Never give up on a dream just because of the time it will take to accomplish it. The time will pass anyway.
#6 of 145 Old 03-16-2012, 07:32 AM

BFP!!! :)  Actually tested yesterday afternoon and got a faint BPF, but I wanted to wait to post anything til I confirmed it this morning. Just took 3 different brand test, they are all pretty light still but definitely all have that beautiful 2nd line. EDD should be around 11/27/12. :)

#7 of 145 Old 03-16-2012, 01:07 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:

BFP!!! :)  Actually tested yesterday afternoon and got a faint BPF, but I wanted to wait to post anything til I confirmed it this morning. Just took 3 different brand test, they are all pretty light still but definitely all have that beautiful 2nd line. EDD should be around 11/27/12. :)

yay! joy.gif

#8 of 145 Old 03-16-2012, 03:53 PM

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)

Quote:

congrats!

C + B + 10y together, 5y married, 4y TTC= endometriosis, Hashimoto's thyroiditis, recurrent miscarriages
IVF 1/6/13 angel.gif @10w , FET 5/21/13 angel3.gif @7w, IVF 10/11/13 angel.gif @5w, FET 2/2/14 angel.gif @5w
Never give up on a dream just because of the time it will take to accomplish it. The time will pass anyway.
#9 of 145 Old 03-18-2012, 10:02 AM

Cycle #: 3

DPO (Days Past Ovulation): ~10

When will you test? well I tested yesterday for some warped reason but I'll be waiting until the 22nd-23rd to test again.

Any plans for March 17th, St Patty's Day? I made tortillas and we has some really good tacos.  You know, traditional Irish tacos

and congrats mamabear, that is awesome!

mama to two little men...3/25/2010 and 10/3/2013
#10 of 145 Old 03-18-2012, 12:13 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ciga View Post

Cycle #: 3

DPO (Days Past Ovulation): ~10

When will you test? well I tested yesterday for some warped reason but I'll be waiting until the 22nd-23rd to test again.

Any plans for March 17th, St Patty's Day? I made tortillas and we has some really good tacos.  You know, traditional Irish tacos

and congrats mamabear, that is awesome!

10DPO is really early, good luck testing at 14DPO! smile.gif

#11 of 145 Old 03-21-2012, 06:01 PM - Thread Starter

Checking in to see how your ladies are doing and update...

Cycle #: 1

DPO (Days Past Ovulation): 15DPO (possibly 11DPO)

When will you test? In 3 days if AF doesn't come.

Any plans for Easter, April 9th? Not yet :)

#12 of 145 Old 04-01-2012, 01:09 PM

Hi all, I'm new to this community, so I'm still getting the abbreviations down :)

DPO: should be around 10 days (haven't been consistent with FAM, so basing that on my normal 28 day cycle)

Testing: I tested this morning, and was negative. I hope to be able to make myself wait until next Sunday to see if my period comes.

FINGERS CROSSED! :)

#13 of 145 Old 04-02-2012, 06:01 PM

aHikaru may I join you gals? :)

Cycle #: 2 or 3 (came off BC 3 months ago but first cycle was off)

DPO (Days Past Ovulation): 4 DPO (But only have a 10 days ish LP)

When will you test? If AF hasn't showed her face by Sunday then I will test - 8 th April

Any plans for Easter, April 9th?  :( Working but then some time off with the hubby :)

treehugger.gifHappy Vegetarian Gal and geek.gif Techie Man-   heartbeat.gifNewly Wed!!!heartbeat.gif  Expecting "Albi" Christmas 2012 diaper.gif

Looking forward to homebirth.jpgbfinfant.giffemalesling.GIF fuzmalesling.gif cd.gif

#14 of 145 Old 04-03-2012, 12:12 PM

Can I join? Been lurking and finally decided I want to interact so I signed up for an account and this is my first post.

Cycle #: 2 or 3 (DH wasn't really on board with the "seriously" trying cycle #1)

DPO: 1, last cycle was the first full chart and LP was 8 or 9 days...

test: will try to wait till day 40 if AF doesn't show before that, my cycles are all over the place, last 12 have ranged from 28 to 41 days

Easter: will be on vacation with family, hopefully keep my mind off the waiting, waiting, waiting.

Now that I am a mom I no longer have time for knit.gif,teapot2.GIF,read.gif
#15 of 145 Old 04-03-2012, 02:23 PM

Cycle #: 1--although we had a chemical pregnancy in december that was not a planned conception.

DPO (Days Past Ovulation): 11 dpo

When will you test? I tested yesterday afternoon and this morning and got faint lines both tests. 

Any plans for Easter, April 9th?  family stuff

So, I have a question {and a long explaination}...in December when I had my chemical pregnancy, I tested and got faint lines on 9, 10, 11 DPO--I could see the lines vanish over the course of the the 3 days until there was no line on 12 DPO and knew I was going to MC--I started my AF on day 28 of my cycle, which is a few days early for me. I know why I had the chemical pregnancy--many spiritual reasons why, and am peace with it--but physically I addressed a thyroid issue that I had been neglecting--so, there should be no reason why the same thing would happen with this conception.....yet....I can't help but want to test obsessively {but am NOT} to watch the line get darker. 

If you were me, when would you re test for confirmation. I would expect my period between 28-32 days, which would mean by April 10th I would be late. Longest week EVER...........
#16 of 145 Old 04-03-2012, 02:48 PM

Cycle #: 1 (first one charting and temping, but have not been using BC since Jan. 2012 and off BCP since May 2011)

DPO (Days Past Ovulation): 8 DPO according to FF

When will you test?  Ughh....I just tested about 20  min, BFN, why oh why?

Any plans for Easter, April 9th?  Spending it with the inlaws, where all of my SIL's seem to get pregnant just by looking at their DH's....help me God!!!!

28 years old, married 6 years to a 27 year old geek.gif man, with cat.gifcat.gifdog2.gif and we have been TTCing seven cycles since Jan. 2012.  Samuel 1:19 "...and the LORD remembered her."

#17 of 145 Old 04-03-2012, 04:12 PM

This is actually a shot in the dark this month. DH wants to wait another few months before TTC, but there's a small chance that we actually caught the egg this month before he made that decision. I personally would be very happy if we did. :) I've been charting temps this cycle and the past few days have been feeling bloated, nauseous, and gassy blush.gif So, here's what I have:

Cycle #: 1 (first one charting and temping. I've been off BCP since Jan. 2012)

DPO (Days Past Ovulation): 10-12 according to FF. Ovulation wasn't totally clear, but I got a positive OPK on Day 17 (currently day 27)

When will you test?  Tested today & got a BFN. Looked back at my chart from 2009 & didn't get my BFP until dpo 15.

Any plans for Easter, April 9th?  Hopefully will take ds to his first Easter egg hunt - he's 22 mos.

Beth - blissfully married to Doug. DS - Liam (5/10) nocirc.gif &  Darcy (2/13). homebirth.jpg waterbirth.jpgNew SAHM & Labor Doula.

babygirl.gif Welcome baby girl! Born at home, in the water, in the caul, and caught by daddy. February 24, 2013!  babygirl.gif

#18 of 145 Old 04-03-2012, 07:50 PM

I'm not exactly TTC... more "whatevering". I haven't gotten AF back since my daughter was born, but had a ton of EWCM today, more than I remember having in ages, and figured what the heck. So now, I wait. This thread popped up in my sidebar, so maybe you ladies will keep me company while I wait.

Cycle #: 0, I suppose. Haven't been charting.

DPO (Days Past Ovulation): Also 0.

When will you test? 2 weeks from today if AF hasn't made an appearance. My LP on the one complete cycle I charted was only 9 days.

Any plans for Easter, April 9th?  Church, then take it easy! :)

WOHM to a girl jog.gif (6-11) and a new baby boy stork-boy.gif (2-14) and adjusting to the full-time life and husband being a SAHD. 
#19 of 145 Old 04-04-2012, 06:46 AM

OK, so I cheated, kinda sorta, and I got my first BFN today. HUGE temp spike this morning. I'm DPO 2 and waaaay toooo early of course but I used an expired internet cheapie and in my mind that's not really testing, right? winky.gif

Last night I was jolted wide awake in the middle of the night, for no reason and that NEVER happens to me. I usually wake up toward the morning because I have to use the bathroom but last night was a first ever. My rational mind tells me to let it go, it's nothing and my emotional side really wants it to mean something but is afraid of being hurt when it's nothing...

Anyway, just my thoughts this morning.

Now that I am a mom I no longer have time for knit.gif,teapot2.GIF,read.gif
#20 of 145 Old 04-04-2012, 06:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dakipode View Post

OK, so I cheated, kinda sorta, and I got my first BFN today. HUGE temp spike this morning. I'm DPO 2 and waaaay toooo early of course but I used an expired internet cheapie and in my mind that's not really testing, right? winky.gif

Bahaha! so funny dakipode, sounds like the kind of reasoning I would use!  I tested yesterday, with 2 tests! and reasoned it was ok because one was no-name and the other one was an internet cheapie....both BFN at 8DPO.  

OK, I was super disappointed last night when I tested and I got a BFN but the past few days I've had a lot of creamy CM (sorry if its tmi for this thread!). It's only my second month monitoring my CM, and last month this didn't happen on these cycles days.  ALSO...today I noticed a very small amount that was a tad tinted pinky-brown ish!!!  I have been spotting 3 days before my period starts since getting off BCP last May, and it always starts with CM that looks like this.  But this seems super early for that.  Either I'm getting AF about 5-7 days early or MAYBE it's implantation?!?  I haven't been feeling many cramps since I O'd....so not sure what to think.  My BB's were a tad sore on and off and that also seems super early for PMS for me.  BUT I also O'd a lot sooner than I thought I would!  AHHHHHHHH!!!!! too many things I obsess over!  

Baby dust to all!  I'm trying not to test for a while....but I doubt I'll last longer than lunch time tomorrow.....crap.gif

Oh and a question, is it normal to have a lot of CM after O'ing if you are pregnant?  I read that it usually dries up before you get AF...so that's why I'm confused!

28 years old, married 6 years to a 27 year old geek.gif man, with cat.gifcat.gifdog2.gif and we have been TTCing seven cycles since Jan. 2012.  Samuel 1:19 "...and the LORD remembered her."

#21 of 145 Old 04-04-2012, 07:56 PM

Cycle #: uh.... 13 or 14 or so of officially TTC, and 2.5 years of TTC combined with "not preventing"?  I kind of lost count after a year.

DPO (Days Past Ovulation):  6 DPO

When will you test?  I won't test unless I miss AF, and even then maybe not for 2-3 days after since my cycles aren't always 28 days.

Any plans for Easter, April 9th?  Having family over.  I don't plan to test b/c AF isn't due until next Friday.  

-
#22 of 145 Old 04-04-2012, 08:00 PM

Cycle #: 3 (with Clomid) 11 (total)

DPO (Days Past Ovulation): 3

When will you test? ASAP!

Any plans for Easter, April 9th? Dinner with the family and relaxing! Trying not to stress! Probably stressing. ;)

Bebe (36) & Hubby (36) married since 2010 . . . expecting our first June 15th, 2013! It's a GIRL!

***4***8***12***16***20***24***28***32***36***heartbeat.gif
#23 of 145 Old 04-05-2012, 07:32 PM

Question for everyone here: In retrospect, if you could pick your ideal time to test, what would you recommend? Some people seem to regret testing constantly, others seem to feel like it has brought them a lot of peace. I am on my first round of TTC and haven't really decided when I'm going to test... though I suspect I will test at times I logically know will produce maybe little or no answer! 

For Easter, I'm running a big easter hunt for my kids (school kids that is, none of my own yet!) at the private school I work at. It's going to be interesting since they are from cultures all over the world and aren't sure what to make of Easter yet! And then I am going to enjoy the spring weather here in China and relax my dislocated knee injury (ouch!) 

Oh and I'm 6 dpo and usually expect Af in 8 days!

#24 of 145 Old 04-05-2012, 08:13 PM

Hi nattery
Good Q!
I only try to test from 10 dpo onwards. I trick myself out of testing earlier by thinking that implantation may take place on day 7 and I want to give hcg enough time to really get into my system!

I have a Q! Those of you with a short LP when do you test? The day AF is due or after if she is late??
(just trying to figure out when to test. My LP is generally 9 or 10 days)

treehugger.gifHappy Vegetarian Gal and geek.gif Techie Man-   heartbeat.gifNewly Wed!!!heartbeat.gif  Expecting "Albi" Christmas 2012 diaper.gif

Looking forward to homebirth.jpgbfinfant.giffemalesling.GIF fuzmalesling.gif cd.gif

#25 of 145 Old 04-05-2012, 11:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nattery View Post

Question for everyone here: In retrospect, if you could pick your ideal time to test, what would you recommend? Some people seem to regret testing constantly, others seem to feel like it has brought them a lot of peace. I am on my first round of TTC and haven't really decided when I'm going to test... though I suspect I will test at times I logically know will produce maybe little or no answer! 

For Easter, I'm running a big easter hunt for my kids (school kids that is, none of my own yet!) at the private school I work at. It's going to be interesting since they are from cultures all over the world and aren't sure what to make of Easter yet! And then I am going to enjoy the spring weather here in China and relax my dislocated knee injury (ouch!) 

Oh and I'm 6 dpo and usually expect Af in 8 days!

I don't really test at all except maybe once every few months or so if I'm having a lot of "symptoms".  Then again, I've been TTC for longer than a lot of people, so if you are just starting out, go ahead and have fun with the testing.  Wait until AF is late, though, or you'll be driving yourself crazy.  If you test a couple days before, and get a BFN, you'll be psyching yourself out thinking that you could still be pregnant but it's just not showing up in the test yet.  And maybe you will be, but either way, it's stress that you don't want to have.  Some people here test every cycle, multiple times per cycle, but I just can't do that.  

-
#26 of 145 Old 04-06-2012, 05:04 AM

This kind of cracks me up because on the cycle I conceived my daughter, I didn't test at all because I thought I'd gotten my period, and only like a week and a half later did it dawn on me "Hmm, my "period" was actually kind of light, and my chart has been weird ever since", so I tested and got a BFP at ~23 DPO.

WOHM to a girl jog.gif (6-11) and a new baby boy stork-boy.gif (2-14) and adjusting to the full-time life and husband being a SAHD. 
#27 of 145 Old 04-06-2012, 07:16 AM

Hm, apparently a few days ago when I posted here it didn't go through. hrm. 

I am currently 10 dpo (short LP, too so at the latest I was expecting a temp dip by now even if I didn't start AF til later in the day).  And I got 2 faint BFP yesterday afternoon.  tested again today and one was even fainter and the second was barely existent, if looked at in the right light lol.  

I've been realizing the past couple months that my FMU is just not that potent though, really watered down.  I'm going to test again later or maybe go get a FRER to confirm. But at this point I do believe I'm knocked up. :-)  I've never, ever gotten a faint pos without it being a true positive.  

Stick, baby, stick!

#28 of 145 Old 04-06-2012, 03:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by travelmumma View Post

I have a Q! Those of you with a short LP when do you test? The day AF is due or after if she is late??
(just trying to figure out when to test. My LP is generally 9 or 10 days)

MY average LP is 9 days, so at 9dpo when my temp actually went *up* to its highest point this cycle instead of down like I expected, I POAS. It was a stupid blue-dyed FRER and I couldn't tell the difference between a faint blue line (positive) or just an evap line/shadow. I dug around and found my Wondfo cheapies and a dollar store test, and took one of each of those. (Because YES, I saved my FMU just in case I wanted to do a different test, lol.) The dollar store test was neg at the prescribed time interval, but became faint positive  within the 10 min "still counts" window. The Wondfo had a faint line at the prescribed time. O_O Since then, I've been POAS every morning this week (M-F) with my Wondfo's and they've gotten progressively darker.

So my thought is that if you have enough hcg in your system to cause a temp jump when you'd normally expect a drop, it's worth it to test. But be prepared for a BFN in case it's not enough to turn your particular brand of tests. (btw, Wondfo's are super-sensitive)

~Rae
homebirthing, homeschooling, natural parenting, attached mama to  treehugger.gifDS1(3/05)  kid.gifDS2(3/08)   rainbow1284.gifboc.gifDD (12/12)

#29 of 145 Old 04-06-2012, 05:01 PM

Congrats to the faint BFP's Bellybaby and Stegenrae!  

I'm so confused with my cycle.  According to FF, I am 11DPO and I've been testing pretty much every day since 8DPO, all BFN's.  BUT I've had a lot more creamy CM this cycle after O and today it's tinted brown-pinkish, same on Wednesday a bit.  This would be really early for my regular pre-AF spotting, but I keep getting BFN's!  If I get AF in the next 3 days, then my cycle would only be 25 days or less! That is pretty short for me.  I would like to think I am pregnant...(I even got heartburn today like crazy and I rarely get this, and extremely vivid dream last night of falling!).  Also, my temp dipped yesterday from 98.3 to 98.0 and back up today to 98.2.  What's happening?  Any thoughts?  Implantation? PMS?

I'm either going to be super happy to be pregnant or SUPER sad because my cycle is so short, I want regularity!  

<a href="http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/3b78a9/">My Ovulation Chart</a>

#30 of 145 Old 04-06-2012, 06:54 PM

CONGRATULATIONS YOU TWO!!!!!!
I bet you are over the moon!! How long have you been trying??

I have been really strong/distracted this time and have not tested at all. (I was in hospital at 4 dpo and they did test although I told them it would of course be neg at that stage- it was. But that doesn't cou t as testing lol)

So 8 dpo of a usually 9 or 10 LP ... Don't think I am this cycle. Got some ewcm last night which usually means AF is on her way

Tags
Trying To Conceive

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page