42 TTC... - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 10 Old 03-13-2012, 08:58 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Wow, I am the mother of 4 children  ages range from 18-6. I had been a single mom for a long time and I remarried my best friend and became step m to his two boys in January of this year. He is 35 and we have decided we want to have another baby ( well he would like 2). I have NEVER had a problem getting pregnant. My periods are VERY regular and all I had to do in the past is think baby and it was done. I came off the pill Oct and NO luck. It is so frustrating and a little scary. I would love to have more children. We love our family and have very god sucessful children. It is frustrating that just being my age makes it so hard.

#2 of 10 Old 03-13-2012, 11:36 AM

welcome to MDC!

Most of the ladies here use FertilityFriend.com (FF) to chart CP (cervical position), CM (cervical mucous), Temping (same time every morning after 3 hrs of rest) and OPKs (ovulation predictor tests).

I myself found using FF to be very stressful, so I predict my ovulation by looking for EWCM (egg white cervical mucous) and using OPKs to confirm O (ovulation).

Best of luck!

dust.gif

Mama to DD(4) energy.gif&  DS baby.gif

#3 of 10 Old 03-13-2012, 01:37 PM - Thread Starter

Yes FF does sound quite stressful! lol Thanks. Do the OPK work well and where do I get what's the best brand?

#4 of 10 Old 03-13-2012, 04:15 PM

Hi SugarBaez

I have to agree that FF can be stressful sometimes but I find that it is far more stressful for me not to know what is going on.. But thats just me!

As for OPKs it seems to be a hit and miss situation.. They can work well for some and not for others.

They tend to wrk well for me, and I buy cheap ones off the internet (David Ovulation is the brand I use).. But some people get positives everyday, others never get positives at all..

If you wanted to start with OPKs then I would suggest tracking your CM (cervical mucus) as well to see if the positives kine up to your fertile mucus...

As for your age- well my mother was 41 when she conceived me.. No medical help, no nothing. Just some very well timed and a lot of baby dancing!  :)

Something else that I know women have found handy is trying the Sperm Meets Egg Plan or SMEP- you can google it... Its basically some good common sense on when to time intercourse and OPKs! My hubby and I are trying it this cycle!

Good Luck! Let us know how you go and what you decide!!!!

treehugger.gifHappy Vegetarian Gal and geek.gif Techie Man-   heartbeat.gifNewly Wed!!!heartbeat.gif  Expecting "Albi" Christmas 2012 diaper.gif

Looking forward to homebirth.jpgbfinfant.giffemalesling.GIF fuzmalesling.gif cd.gif

#5 of 10 Old 03-13-2012, 05:36 PM - Thread Starter

Thank you! That information was helpful and inspiring! I a going to google now and I'll let you know how it goes! Thanks again!thumb.gif

#6 of 10 Old 03-15-2012, 06:31 AM - Thread Starter

Well going to try the sme plan. Today is day 8 and I woke up with a headache from you know where.  I am hoping that is also an indication of ovulation. I ususally do get a head ache around tis time every month. Wish me luck!

#7 of 10 Old 03-15-2012, 07:44 PM

Good Luck!!! Get onto that BDing for the rest of the month!!!!

:)

treehugger.gifHappy Vegetarian Gal and geek.gif Techie Man-   heartbeat.gifNewly Wed!!!heartbeat.gif  Expecting "Albi" Christmas 2012 diaper.gif

Looking forward to homebirth.jpgbfinfant.giffemalesling.GIF fuzmalesling.gif cd.gif

#8 of 10 Old 03-16-2012, 06:35 AM - Thread Starter

Yes baby dancing......alot :-)

#9 of 10 Old 03-16-2012, 06:39 AM - Thread Starter

Yes baby dancing......alot :-)

#10 of 10 Old 03-18-2012, 04:42 PM

If you are age 42 and ttc, come check out our women 40 and over ttc thread. We are quite a supportive and knowledgeable group.

http://www.mothering.com/community/t/1335938/warm-winter-wishes-and-bfps-40-ttc

treehugger.gifMama to DS (3/05 )carrot.gifh20homebirth.gif, wife to DH bikenew.gif, remembering rainbow1284.gifdog2.gifdog2.gif and angel1.gif Spirit 1/07, angel1.gif Hope 5/09, angel1.gif Harmony 6/10, angel1.gif Love 5/11, angel1.gif Joy 6/11

Tags
Trying To Conceive

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page