Placental Abruption, Fibroids, TTC... - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 6 Old 03-26-2012, 08:46 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)

I'm merely dipping my toes in the TTC water right now. I was here back in September - got a BFP in November, just suffered a placental abruption at 18 weeks on March 4th - apparently due to my fibroids. After an HSG and two ultrasounds - two doctors and my midwife all said my fibroids wouldn't be a problem for the baby BEFORE I got preggers... yet, they were. Besides being devastated and pretty much scarred against the medical profession for life - I'm back here... trying to heal my uterus and have the baby we waited 4 years to have (due to finances, stage in life, jobs, etc). I'm wondering if any of you ladies have experience with fibroid removal - both natural and surgical. I've searched the boards and found nothing recent. So - I'm just hoping that someone on these boards has some insight.

Mommy to an amazing rainbow1284.gif baby boy 8.27.13
#2 of 6 Old 03-26-2012, 08:54 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)

you can "bump" a thread that is similar to what your looking for and some ladies can add input based on that.

good luck!

Mama to DD(4) energy.gif&  DS baby.gif

#3 of 6 Old 03-26-2012, 03:26 PM - Thread Starter

yeah - they are pretty old - like '03 and '07 on boards that aren't that active. So - hoping someone has some newer knowledge on this thread.

#4 of 6 Old 03-29-2012, 09:42 AM - Thread Starter

Bump: Anyone?

#5 of 6 Old 03-29-2012, 10:34 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Thebyr

I am so sorry.  I remember you back with the bfp.  ive not had fibroids, but i am an OB/GYN nurse, labor and delivery nurse, and gyn surgical nurse...so I have helped remove plenty (myomectomy) and seen people have success depending on the size.  I have seen people miscarry repeatedly and late...it is so very heart breaking.... some spend lots of time on bedrest- some with on and off bleeding throughout the entire pregnancy.  I have seen people have one instance where the placenta attached at the worst possible place yet they went on to have pregnancies with no further problems.  Did your fibroid grow during the pregnancy?  I know at times that hapens too. 

Get a good opinion or two that you feel comfortable with. 

A big part of the choice will be yours so be confident. 

i would recomend seeing a provider that is on board with your ttc aspirations.  A gyn surgical minded ob/gyn will be of the take things out influence- a OB focused OB/gyn or an RE may understand more about your desires and what you've been through. 

Good luck with whatever you decide. 

a good site for info is ACOG american college of obstetrics and gynecology.  it is all fact based and what the doctors use to stay up to date- and the body that board certifies them.

S

dust.gif

DDX5 '88 '90 '92 '97 '99. TR 5/2011. HSG 9/2011 R TUBE OPEN. HSG 5/12 both tubes closed. SECOND tubal reversal surgery 7/12 , CP 3/2013 ttc "our" first @40 DH 46.
#6 of 6 Old 03-31-2012, 07:57 AM - Thread Starter

Thank you for the advice Sherry. Yes, mine grew and one began to grow into the implantation spot. It is all so very heartbreaking. Especially since we waited 4 years to try and I was cleared to start TTC'ing. I truly feel I was robbed... and of course I cannot even being to think about trying again until I do something about the fibroids - which seems like a long and complicated task so far. *sigh*

But thank you for the info - I am scheduled to see an RE at the end of next month - hopefully she'll understand my plan to conceive and will have a plan for my fibroids.

Tags
Trying To Conceive

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page