miscarrying - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 9 Old 03-30-2012, 11:30 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I am just super bummed right now.  Within an hour of telling all my siblings and parents that we were pregnant last night I started spotting.  I held out hope that it would stop but this morning I started bleeding for real.  I would have been 6 weeks this coming monday so I know it was very early, and I know that like 33% of pregnancies end in miscarriage, and I know this one wasn't meant to be but this really really sucks.  It is making me question whether I want to try again at all.

Maybe I wasn't really pregnant at all and my period was just insanely late and totally freakish and all six of the tests I took were wrong but I think the reality is that I was and its gone.

mama to two little men...3/25/2010 and 10/3/2013
#2 of 9 Old 03-30-2012, 11:35 AM

I'm sorry. I don't have any words of wisdom that you haven't already heard. Just that your post made me sad. I hope it all turns out right.

SAHM to DS stillheart.gif 7/1/2010, So excited for #2 due at the end of February!!!

#3 of 9 Old 03-30-2012, 11:42 AM

I'm so so sorry. I went through this in June and it was the worst, one of the biggest traumas ever. I too thought maybe I wouldn't want to try again for awhile or at all. It is a terrible terrible thing to go through. Just because it's common doesn't mean it isn't painful.

Take some time to mourn, then take time to heal, and when you feel ready, turn your attention to all the other wonderful things in your life for a little while. Revisit it later when you aren't hurting so much.

Happily married for 5 years. Tried for our first baby 6/2011, got preg right away, and miscarried. Took a 4 month break, and then had nothing but infertility & a few early miscarriages until 12/2012 when we learned I had a lumpy edge in my uterus. Doc removed it and now we are trying again....

#4 of 9 Old 03-30-2012, 01:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ciga View Post

hug2.gif If you need someone to vent to I'm here, I had no idea about the 33% greensad.gif, but I do know the cycle after is very fertile... I can understand if your frustrated, especially right after telling your family, it def makes us very pessimistic... Again, if you need someone to converse with, let me know smile.gif

Mama to DD(4) energy.gif&  DS baby.gif

#5 of 9 Old 03-30-2012, 02:48 PM

Ciga, I am so sorry!  no matter how early a loss is it is still heartbreaking.  I hope your family is able to be a support for you.

I am 29, married to DH for 2 years with 2 crazy pups and, after what feels like a huge wait (shorter than many, longer than wanted!), we are expecting our first little one April 2013.joy.gif

#6 of 9 Old 03-30-2012, 05:43 PM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)

hug2.gif

Me - 39
DH - 40
DS - 5 ASD and severe adhd
#7 of 9 Old 03-31-2012, 07:51 AM

hugs Ciga- sorry ive been MIA- I saw your bfp and was so excited for your family.  Heal your spirit...

dust.gif

DDX5 '88 '90 '92 '97 '99. TR 5/2011. HSG 9/2011 R TUBE OPEN. HSG 5/12 both tubes closed. SECOND tubal reversal surgery 7/12 , CP 3/2013 ttc "our" first @40 DH 46.
#8 of 9 Old 03-31-2012, 11:37 AM - Thread Starter

Thanks so much everyone.  Yesterday was pretty rough but I feel much better today.  Fortunately my family is awesome and very supportive.  My sister had an early miscarriage many years ago and talking to her really helped calm me down.  It also helps that I have this amazing little boy smiling at me and hugging me.  I feel very lucky to have one perfect child.  During the last cycle we decided that if I didn't get pregnant we would take a break from officially TTC for a while and even though I know that there tends to be heightened fertility after a miscarriage I think we'll stick to the original plan.  I really appreciate all the support and comradery that I found in this forum and when we do decide to "get back on the horse" I will definitely be back here.  

Good luck to all you ladies! 

ahikaru- Some people say that accounting for unknown early pregnancies the number could be as high as half. Its kind of crazy to think about. It also makes me totally rethink testing early even though that wouldn't have saved me the trauma this time.  In the future, I'm going to stick to testing well after AF is due. 

mama to two little men...3/25/2010 and 10/3/2013
#9 of 9 Old 03-31-2012, 12:04 PM

I'm so sorry Ciga! I was happy for your BFP in the 2WW thread, this is so sad.  Good luck with the not-trying....often times that is when a baby comes and sticks!  hug2.gif

28 years old, married 6 years to a 27 year old geek.gif man, with cat.gifcat.gifdog2.gif and we have been TTCing seven cycles since Jan. 2012.  Samuel 1:19 "...and the LORD remembered her."

Tags
Trying To Conceive

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page