Nursing Mama's TTC- April - Page 3 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 04-07-2012, 11:14 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Welcome to our new members! 

Sorry to hear about your BFN Chloe'sMama..

Thanks for updating the thread WP135.

AFM - Nothing new here..CD 13..I'm hoping to get a positive OPK within the next few days...  Really hoping that my last cycle as a nursing mama TTC will end in a BFP!

Happy Easter and Happy Passover to those celebrating...

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-07-2012, 11:36 AM

I am still in my 2ww :/ waiting to see heh. I've peed on a couple of sticks but I am only 6/7 dpo I think I o'd a day earlier than my chart says but hey I'm excited and hoping for that Christmas baby!!

Old 04-07-2012, 09:37 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Letileon- ddc is due date club!

I am sure you can hang out with us as long as you like! Hopefully you will get a bfp soon though. Have you thought about taking a vit b complex. Heard it can help with a variety of things, including getting your cycle more regular! B6 helped with my lp last month, i will see how the b comples is.

SAHM to Chloe«- 6/2008 (10 lbs, 5 oz), Hannah- 9/2010 (9 lbs, 12 oz), Liam- 2/2013 (9 lbs, 6 oz)

Old 04-08-2012, 06:32 AM

I do take a prenatal that has high levels of B vitamins but not specifically a B complex. Are the levels different? 

Oh and Happy Easter or Passover weekend to all y'all!

SAHM to DS stillheart.gif 7/1/2010, So excited for #2 due at the end of February!!!

Old 04-08-2012, 06:44 AM

Welcome, Anka, MommyKlein and Jules09! I hope your stay here is short!

Sorry, ChloesMama and OSUvet. Looks like we're all in for another cycle. Hopefully, it's a fertile one!

aj, crossing fingers for a BFP soon!

AFM: Thanks, all, for your kind words. I'm dissapointed by the BFN, but really the timing would be much better if we got pregnant this cycle instead. So I'll hope for that! I ran into my midwife last night at a concert, and she was so excited to hear that we're trying again. It was great to catch up with her. I hope we get to spend a lot more time together soon!

Mama to baby girl, born 9/10; expecting baby #2 4/13.

Old 04-08-2012, 08:44 AM

Welcome new members - I hope your stay here is as short as mine was!

Yeah... AFM - That imaginary line a couple days ago? Apparently NOT imaginary! The cramping and temp dip? Apparently IMPLANTATION and not pending AF! Yeah the pink line this morning did not require any imagination. I am still in a bit of shock since we were kind of planning on this taking a couple more months. Yikes! Off to check out the December DDC I guess!! Happy Easter all and lots of  goodvibes.gif for next cycle!!

Oh yeah, and I guess DH is the most sensitive pg test there is, since he told me he was fairly certain when I was like 2dpo. LOL!

Kendra (30),  mum to ds fly-by-nursing1.gif(2/14/11), and one angel1.gif. Pregnant with my rainbow1284.gif due 6/10/13, it's a GIRL!!!
 novaxnocirc.gif familybed1.gifcd.gifhomebirth.jpggoorganic.jpg

Old 04-08-2012, 01:02 PM

Congrats on your Christmas baby, OSUvet!!

SAHM to DS stillheart.gif 7/1/2010, So excited for #2 due at the end of February!!!

Old 04-08-2012, 01:51 PM

Congratulations, OSUvet! Great news!

Old 04-08-2012, 05:26 PM

Congrats OSUvet! 

I am CD 14 and got a positive OPK so I'm hoping to O within the next 2 days! 

Old 04-09-2012, 01:09 AM

Chloe'sMama, sounds like a plan! I'm sorry for your loss in January.

Congrats OSUvet!

A general question for you ladies here: did you feel any signs of your impending first PPAF? Any tricks on how to make it come sooner?

rainbow1284.gifenergy.gifAugust 2010 ; angel2.gif April 2009; angel1.gif m/c 2008

Old 04-09-2012, 07:37 AM

In the TWW Had two temps below cover line (the past 2 days) with a big jump this morning. hopeful that it was implantation, but who knows. If I am pregnant my due date would be 12/24 by fertility friend, or 12/25 by ovulation due date calculators. My cats seem to think I am pregnant (the only other time they have willing laid beside me at night was when I got pregnant with DD)..now for the waiting game.

Mama to  Hadley (2/10) energy.gif& Sawyer (1/13) babyboy.gif familybed1.gif

Old 04-09-2012, 08:36 AM

Hurray Hurray Hurray Osuvet!  How exciting!

Hoping for a Christmas present for you Themothership!

Jules09- I am reading more and more about B complex and it seems to help some ladies get PPAF.  I started taking B vitamins last cycle and it helped lengthen my LP.

JJ- Catch that egg!

AFM-  CD4 here.... waiting waiting waiting.  I O'd on CD27 last cycle and CD42 the cycle before that, so hopefully I will O on CD 20 or so (that is my normal O date).  

SAHM to Chloe«- 6/2008 (10 lbs, 5 oz), Hannah- 9/2010 (9 lbs, 12 oz), Liam- 2/2013 (9 lbs, 6 oz)

Old 04-09-2012, 10:12 AM - Thread Starter

Congrats OSUvet!  Pleast let me know when you want me to move you to success stories.

Just a reminder to everyone to put your updates in bold so that I know you want to be updated.

Mom to DSfemalesling.GIF 13mo.

Old 04-09-2012, 08:04 PM - Thread Starter

AFM-CD19 today and I had some major ovulation pains.  I could barely stand up straight for a couple of hours this afternoon.  I had significantly more EWCM than my last couple of cycles so that's a bonus.  I haven't been temping so I was thinking breaking out my OPKs early and trying them out.  I usually O around day 23 and have a 10 day LP but DS has dramatically slowed his nursing down the past week or so and I'm sure that has something to do with it.  Hopefully my LP will be longer this month too and we'll be ready to go for next month!

Old 04-09-2012, 08:43 PM

Thanks ladies!

I will let you know, wp135. Heading out tomorrow to pick up a few dollar store tests so I can hopefully watch those lines get darker smile.gif  I hope you did just O! Good luck!!

Kendra (30),  mum to ds fly-by-nursing1.gif(2/14/11), and one angel1.gif. Pregnant with my rainbow1284.gif due 6/10/13, it's a GIRL!!!

Old 04-10-2012, 06:30 AM

Jules09, I had signs of my first PPAF for months before it arrived. I tried vitex for a little while, but that didn't do anything for me. Lots of folks have said that it worked for them, though, so maybe something to try? I spent a week on vacation with family, and DD was busy playing with grandparents, so nursed a lot less often. Shortly after that, my first PPAF arrived. I'm not sure if it was that vacation or if it was just my time. The wait can be frustrating! Hang in there!

AFM, just waiting to O, CD8. Nothing new to report. 2whistle.gif

Old 04-10-2012, 09:06 AM

Congrats OSUvet!!!!    FF gave me dotted crosshairs today.  My temps look good for that but nothing else does and we definitely didnt get any bding in during that time.  :/  I sure wish PPAF would come so I could know what is going on.  Im having a hard time knowing if I O'd or not.  Maybe we should just BD every other day no matter what then I should at least have my bases covered.

Amber ~  Wife to Justin ~ Mama to Kaydra ~ Houston ~ Kaitlyn ~ Kaydence ~ Carter ~ Kourtney

Old 04-10-2012, 06:34 PM - Thread Starter

Ok, so I got a +OPK last night like I figured I would and the test line was just as dark as the control line.  Would that mean that my LH was super high and that I ovulated yesterday?  I'm going to take another one tonight.  What day would I start counting my LP from?  My OPKs didn't come with any instructions so I'm a little lost beyond the pee on it and look for a line.

DS got a cold last night (thank you very much sister who failed to tell my her daughter had a fever of 103 all night long) so he nursed through the night last night and off and on all evening poor little guy.  Hopefully it won't affect my LP too much though.

Old 04-11-2012, 12:35 AM

Hello Mama's!!!  I would love to join this group!!!  Can you add me to the First Egg category!  Not sure when that will be though!!  My LO is a voracious eater!  

I see a lot of you are having good luck lately with +'s!!  Yay!!!  Can't wait to get to know everyone!!!

Thanks!!!

Trees

Also!  My LO is 16 months next week!

DD1 7 1/2 years DS1 3 1/2 years And DS2   7/18/13
Old 04-11-2012, 10:02 AM

wp135 - once you get a positive OPK you usually ovulate 12-48 hours later.  I personally usually get 2 days of positives so I would do another one this afternoon/evening to see if it's still positive.  If it is, you will probably ovulate tomorrow.  If it's negative, you probably ovulated today.  Hope you caught that egg!

I haven't been great about temping this month because DD was sick and up a lot, but I did have a temp spike today, so I think I ovulated yesterday.  Please update me to the 2WW, 4 PPAF, 5 mo TTC, DD 16 mo

Old 04-11-2012, 01:29 PM

Hello

Please could I join?  I am new to this site and am loving it.  I THINK I am in the 2WW as I think I ovulated for the first time pp last Sunday (an egg for easter haha).  I can't temp because nights are all over the place so I used OPK's and chart cm and cp.  I am 3 dpo today.  As we have nightweaned to ttc #2 I'm concerned that any extra feeds before any BFP may supress my progesterone levels too much to sustain a pregnancy so am going to try desperately NOT to POAS - my favourite activity - till 12 dpo at least.  I hope I become pregnant soon so I can go back to 24/7 feeding I do miss it.  Oh DS is 15 months.

M x

Mama to my beautiful boy DS superhero.gif 22 months and belly.gifnumber 2 due June '13

Old 04-11-2012, 02:35 PM

Well I had a 26 day cycle this month with only a 9 day luteal phase :( so bummed. It is our first month ttc officially but I went ahead and scheduled to be checked by the ob for the short luteal phase which could very well be due to dd still bf'ing :(

Old 04-11-2012, 07:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aj_18 View Post

Well I had a 26 day cycle this month with only a 9 day luteal phase :( so bummed. It is our first month ttc officially but I went ahead and scheduled to be checked by the ob for the short luteal phase which could very well be due to dd still bf'ing :(

I feel your pain... my LP isn't very long either - like 11-13 days I think on average.  I am still nursing DD (3 yo) frequently. I think I am going to try the Jay Gordon method of night weaning soon to see if that helps my LP and progesterone, or just fertility in general.  We have been TTC for 15 cycles now, and I just don't know what else could be the problem.  It took 9 cycles to get pregnant with DD, but that seems SHORT now compared to this time.  irked.gif  How old is your LO, and how often is she BFing?

-
Old 04-12-2012, 05:45 AM

Hi Ladies, Just checking in. I am still cautious about this and need more sticky baby vibes! I am hoping the batch of dollar store tests I got are just low on dye or something (I think I read somewhere that was possible??). The lines are very pale. BUT I got another FRER to compare to my original, and it was much darker. Hopefully I am just obsessing for no reason, and all is well! Hope and baby dust to you all!!!

Old 04-12-2012, 06:57 AM

Hi all,

Just wondering if I could join in as well. I have a soon-to-be-6 this month DS and an almost 15 month DD. DS was a very easy conception but DD was a whole other story. I BF DS until he was 2.5 years (15 month PPAF, annovulatory for almost 6months, short luteal phase for another 6 months). Overall, we tried for 3 years for DD, had a laproscopy (found minimal endo), got pg, had a m/c, did 3 IUIs, and then had a successful IVF cycle. While there are blessings to having a wider age gap we are hoping to add to our family sooner (and avoid a long heart-wrenching, invasive ttc story). Given how sensitive my body is to prolactin, we nightweaned DD at 11months (Dr. Jay Gordon with dad helping...worked really well). I just started my third cycle (previous 2 were 46 days, and 30 days but both annovulatory). We are going to try on our own for awhile as we've gotten pg twice before and are really "unexplained" for the most part. This board seems so supportive of each other. Has anyone else struggled with infertility or with cutting back/ weaning to get pregnant. I already feel the pressure to cut back because our kids would be 2 years apart already if I got pg this moment which is not very likely. For most people I know they wouldn't think anything about weaning at this age (i.e. baby should be finished already anyways) and the others who do extended BF have gotten pg easily so sometimes I feel like an island. Anyone have any experiences or thoughts? I know at LLL (which I've been very involved in for many years) says to look at the needs of your baby at the breast now vs the baby who want but may not have; that your body will accomodate another baby when your body (and your now-baby) is ready. I'm not sure I can totally agree with this now.

Sorry...didn't mean to write so much but my story's a little complicated!

M

Old 04-12-2012, 08:32 AM

Hey M!  So sorry you struggled so much with number two!  I am new here too.  So I dont know a lot!  But I just wanted to say hey and welcome!  And I hope that with #3 you will have an easier go of it!!  I have a 5 1/2 year old DD and my DS is 16 months.  If I had trouble previously conceiving I may have definitely attempted to wean DS earlier.  But he was really traumatized after his birth and really uses his nursies to sooth.  He still nurses like a newborn, so exhausting and definitely not good for procreation.  haha.

Old 04-12-2012, 11:33 AM

Based on this I'm fairly certain I should be added to Pregnant! positive test at 10dpo due 12/25/12.. 

100_3475.JPG

Mama to  Hadley (2/10) energy.gif& Sawyer (1/13) babyboy.gif familybed1.gif

Old 04-12-2012, 06:43 PM

Hurrau mothership! That is a BFP!!!!!

Old 04-12-2012, 07:54 PM - Thread Starter

Whoa!  Congratulations Mothership!  Our first official success story!

Welcome 2cuties.  You must be really anxious to find out what awaits you this time around.  Hopefully things work quicker this time.  In regards to your comment about he LLL philosophy I'm sort of on the fence about it too.  DS will be 12mo when we officially start trying and I was trying to determine at what point I would consider weaning to help me get pregnant. I definately don't want more than two years between my kids in school so I think that by 16mo if we haven't had success I'd consider weaning him.  My goal was to BF until 1year and I really don't know how long I want to nurse after that, I'd love for him to wean naturally, but I don't see myself BFing a 2yo.  I guess we'll just wait and see what happens since every other thing I said I would/wouldn't do when I had a baby has pretty much reversed.

Old 04-13-2012, 10:01 AM

YAY!!!  Congrats!!!  

Questions: Wheres the cheapest place to get testy strips?  Anyone have and ideas?  I just cant keep paying the cvs prices!  I feel like every box I buy is 1 less outfit for the next one!

Tags
Trying To Conceive
User Tag List