6 months TTC, 6 PPAF, DS 18 months

boomer78

2cutiestolove

DS6yo, DD15mo, 2PPAF

Chloe'smamachartnew.gif

4 months ttc, 4ppaf, dd1-3.75, dd2 -20 months

2WW 

Aj_18

1mo TTC #4, 20thPPAF, DDs (5, 3.5 and 22 month nursling)

GingerNinja

18 PPAF, DS 22 mo

Monday

DS 15mo, 1m TTC

jj1107chartnew.gif

5th mo TTC, 3 PPAF, DD 16 mo

Hopeful Jo

6 PPAF, 6mo TTC, DS 15 months

northwoods

DD18 months, 2nd PPAF

Our Most Recent Success Stories 

April

mothershipchartnew.gif

2 mo TTC, 15 PPAF, DD 24 mo

OSUvet

1 PPAF, DS 13 months

March

gardenbelle chart1new.gif

9 months TTC, 9 PPAF, DD 22 months (the nurser) and DS 3 1/2 

Julie

8 mo DS, 2 PPAF

CityMama2Q

DD 20 MO

February

Lairac

Sere234

8 PPAF, 3 months TTC, DS 18 mo

icy02

6 PPAF, ds 19 m/o & ds 3 y/o

Pittnurse08chartnew.gif

18PPAF, 1 cycle ttc, DD 26m

January

Batia 

9 PPAF, DS ~20 m/o

Carlin chartnew.gif

3 months TTC, 5 PPAF, DD 26 m/o

carmen358 

5 months TTC, 8 PPAF, DD 23 m/o

Jewels*

10 PPAF, DD 12 m/o

Mittens

6 PPAF, 2 months TTC, DD 23 m/o

kelantan

6 PPAF, 8 months TTC, DS 16 m/o

amydiane

9 months TTC #3, DD 29 m/o

Ava's Mama chartnew.gif

12 months TTC, 10 PPAF, DD 34 m/o

December

fazer6 BFPChart2.gif

1 PPAF, DS 23 months, 5 months TTC

Geigerin chartnew.gif

7 months TTC, 10 PPAF, DC 20 m/o

November

ThreeLittleBirds BFPChart2.gif

DD 11 m/o

Maeryn

texasfarmom

7months TTC, 6 PPAF, DD 16 m/o

IBreed BFPChart2.gif

Waiting to O, DS 12 m/o, TTC 7 months

April Thread Hostess: wp135

Please put all changes in bold!

Mom to DSfemalesling.GIF 13mo.

#2 of 150 Old 03-31-2012, 06:37 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Hi! Can you change me to DS 21 months  thanks!!

Oh and Sticky Baby Dust all over April!!!

SAHM to DS stillheart.gif 7/1/2010, So excited for #2 due at the end of February!!!

#3 of 150 Old 03-31-2012, 07:59 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Alright ladies.. please talk me out of testing tomorrow at 8dpo. I am having some serious nausea and my temp took another big jump today. Hoping it was implantation yesterday. Cramping yesterday and today.

How many days past implantation to get a bfp?

Oh, i have 2 tests that detect 10, about dollar tree tests, a clear blue easy digital and i think 2 first response tests
.. i am prepared and love to poas.

SAHM to Chloe«- 6/2008 (10 lbs, 5 oz), Hannah- 9/2010 (9 lbs, 12 oz), Liam- 2/2013 (9 lbs, 6 oz)

#4 of 150 Old 03-31-2012, 08:18 PM

I got a BFP on 9DPO in December. However, I ended up having a chemical pregnancy--fading positive lines over the course of 3 days until finally a BFN and then started my period right on target. I have always been an obsessive POASer, but this time {I am also on 8DPO today and experiencing telltale signs of pregnancy--breast changes, nausea, tiredness} I have decided to wait at least until a missed period and....who knows, I may even do it the old fashioned way and let my body tell me in its own time {not test--gasp!}.

But...it is not at all unlikely to show a BFP on 9DPO for many women. If all you are looking for is a BFP, then I'd wait, but if you are OK with a BFN knowing that it really isn't accurate then I'd say test away--daily--your bound to get a BFP within a 5 day period if you in fact are ; )

#5 of 150 Old 03-31-2012, 08:21 PM - Thread Starter

You are pretty intense Chloe's Mama.  I hate seeing BFN's so I would personally wait until 12 DPO, I'd rather see AF.  But if you love it so much and it will set you at ease do it.  It's not like you'll have to run to the stoere to get another one!

Since I have no life, I went through the theads for the past couple of months and came up with a huge list of people who have not posted since at least January and who's LO's apparently don't age.  I think it's safe to say the these people are MIA and we can probably delete them from the first post, but I wasn to to make sure that was ok with everyone else. 

These are the people:

SoCaliMommy

LawMama1984

Bugglette

Jr.'s mom

nstewart

Sahmpaw

Sunnygal27

Siouxsie

ladyleah

PrettyHippie

C-Momma

anne-girl

babymae09

blissful_maia

Kallie

moonstones

MunchiesMom

OceanRoad

roses25

sammymama

Thandiwe

zubeldia

ears73

Ish's mom

jips

southernmommie

stellamia

If you see your name here please let me know and I won't delete you.  If you're still hanging around, update us!  How's TTC going?  Let me know by April 7th please.

letileon likes this.

#6 of 150 Old 03-31-2012, 10:54 PM

Chloe'sMama, I love to POAS too! But I would wait if I was you. I hate seeing BFN's and I still remember how disappointed I was the first time we were TTC and I would have BFN's every month. I tested on 8 dpo on the month we conceived our son and got a negative, I was so upset and cried all day. And then I got my BFP on 11 dpo, so I would wait a little longer still.

mamaharrison- What?! You're not going to test?! yikes2.gif Ha ha. You're stronger than me. I still regularly test, about every month, even though there is probably no chance of me being pregnant. I would love to be able to do it the old-fashioned way and just not test and miss a period and then actually find out when my body starts feeling and showing it. I don't think that's ever going to happen though... sigh, I'm addicted to pee sticks.

Breastfeeding, Cloth-Diapering, Co-Sleeping, Babywearing Mama to a Sweet Little Boy slingboy.gif

#7 of 150 Old 04-01-2012, 05:09 AM

chloesmama - So did you test?? I got a clear positive at 10dpo with my ds so Im pretty sure I would have seen SOMETHING at 9 dpo. Hope you got an early BFP!!

AFM - Since I'm another POAS addict I already tested a couple days ago at what I think was 11 dpo but BFN. But... I'm still hanging out here in the tww, with my who-knows-how-reliable temps ever climbing! I have decided NOT to test again until the day after tomorrow IF my temp is still up and I dont feel like AF is going to show any minute. Wish me luck!!

Kendra (30),  mum to ds fly-by-nursing1.gif(2/14/11), and one angel1.gif. Pregnant with my rainbow1284.gif due 6/10/13, it's a GIRL!!!
 novaxnocirc.gif familybed1.gifcd.gifhomebirth.jpggoorganic.jpg

#8 of 150 Old 04-01-2012, 05:51 AM

Chloe'sMama- Wait! You should wait two or three more days. From everything I've read 8 dpo is pretty early (I know, I know it always seems that women on these boards got BFP's at 8 or 9 dpo. But the rest of humanity is more like 11-15 dpo) So just occupy your mind with something else, like...get really into figuring out how to make a cheese-less quiche, or start making your halloween costume, make a list of everything you have been putting off and do it (besides if you are pregnant you'll never get those things done after your BFP so get them out of the way now!) .....it's only a few days and it may save a lot of heartache :)

SAHM to DS stillheart.gif 7/1/2010, So excited for #2 due at the end of February!!!

#9 of 150 Old 04-01-2012, 08:55 AM

So I can't sleep in the early morning hours and then feel totally beat down at - say 9am, when me and dd wake up. Went to the dentist and just as they're about to do an x-ray something tells me I'm pregnant, don't do the x-ray! But then again I don't have the $$$ so it was probably my inner excuse for running away from the teeth that need work. :)   Boobs are burning off and on, dd complains there's no nummies after a while of trying. My supply must be dropping from having nursed for so long. I had a pretty bad yeast infection. I only get them now when my hormones change (like before I first got my period at 19m pp). Am I sick or just not feeling well? I added it all up yesterday, bought a test and I couldn't believe my eyes - //.  Every month I got my period I was thinking - those darn bf hormones...when will they all settle? This past month I did something different - not related to ttc. I cut out our morning nursing session, dd is 28 m I feel like she can sure just eat breakfast instead of nurse in the morning, too. She eats more when I don't nurse her in the morning, which makes sense. That must have done the trick, because I don't even remember when we dtd this month and was completely expecting my period. That's probably why I was ignoring all these symptoms. Well, I know it's way too early in the game but just wanted to update that I graduated, at least for now. :)

Sending baby dust your way!!! :)

Mom to dd born Dec 2009 hearts.gif, our little troublemaker hide.gif . cd.gif hang.gif fly-by-nursing1.giffamilybed1.gif

#10 of 150 Old 04-01-2012, 09:08 AM

I caved and took a super sensitive test.... BFN, although, I am ok with it now.  It is so so early at 8dpo, I am not feeling out.

My temps went up again today....   What do you all think?  Also, I am just feeling a little nauseous all the time now.  before I eat, worse after I eat.... my nipple sensitivity left for a few days and now I am feeling a little more sore again (not nearly as bad as the few days after O).  

<a href="http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/2a8bea/">My Ovulation Chart</a>

SAHM to Chloe«- 6/2008 (10 lbs, 5 oz), Hannah- 9/2010 (9 lbs, 12 oz), Liam- 2/2013 (9 lbs, 6 oz)

#11 of 150 Old 04-01-2012, 09:13 AM

and CONGRATS boomer!!!!

#12 of 150 Old 04-01-2012, 09:16 AM

boomer78- Congratulations!!

Chloe'sMama- your chart looks good! Fingers crossed for you.

Breastfeeding, Cloth-Diapering, Co-Sleeping, Babywearing Mama to a Sweet Little Boy slingboy.gif

#13 of 150 Old 04-01-2012, 11:00 AM

Congrats boomer78!! Hooray for two lines joy.gif

Chloe'sMama- everything you've said sounds good. I'd look at your chart but I don't understand charting so that wouldn't really help. Crossing my fingers for you!

As for me, my nipple sensitivity is coming back but not as bad as it was those 5 or so days last week and it's mostly in my right boob....which also feels like it's...stinging on the inside? Has anyone else had that? I think I may have in the past but I don't remember what caused it. Stinging??

#14 of 150 Old 04-01-2012, 12:28 PM

Letileon- i am always concerned when breast pain is only on one side. I get clogged ducts quite often and mine is both stinging and aching. Could it be that? I always drink water and nurse more.... which may not be good for you now. Hopefully not though.

Are you thinking of testing?

#15 of 150 Old 04-01-2012, 12:34 PM

I've heard that the pain could be related to clogged ducts but I've only ever gotten those when my breasts are full and I can feel the lump. I usually just nurse and massage it and they've gone away. This is more like deep breast pain, I guess similar to thrush but when I had thrush my nipple was puffy and shiny and swollen. I also just can't imagine why I'd suddenly have it again.

I am thinking about testing. I'm not super hopeful but I ordered some online tests for the first time and when they get here I might as well since I have like a million of them! I'm trying not to get my hopes up because since that AF-like cramping on the 24th I really haven't had any symptoms to speak of. I figured if I were pregnant the symptoms would be getting worse, not going away,

How 'bout you? I saw that you tested once, are you holding out for a few days or are you going to go all POAS-aholic like I do!

#16 of 150 Old 04-01-2012, 02:27 PM - Thread Starter

What a start to the month!  One BFP already!  Boomer let me know when you want me to move you to success stories.

Hopefully we'll have a few more in a couple of days!

#17 of 150 Old 04-01-2012, 05:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chloe'sMama View Post

I caved and took a super sensitive test.... BFN, although, I am ok with it now.  It is so so early at 8dpo, I am not feeling out.

My temps went up again today....   What do you all think?  Also, I am just feeling a little nauseous all the time now.  before I eat, worse after I eat.... my nipple sensitivity left for a few days and now I am feeling a little more sore again (not nearly as bad as the few days after O).  

Thank you! :) It is probably way too early to have a BFP anyway, at 8 dpo, isn't it? I'm sure it happens once in a while but it just seems to early. So hang in there, it's still a possibility. My nipples are sensitive too, but boobs don't hurt. They kind of 'burn' sometimes, but not all the time and aren't sore. I know everyone's different, just wanted to throw it out there. :)

Edited because I obviously can't spell. shrug.gif

Mom to dd born Dec 2009 hearts.gif, our little troublemaker hide.gif . cd.gif hang.gif fly-by-nursing1.giffamilybed1.gif

#18 of 150 Old 04-01-2012, 05:25 PM

Thank you mamas! grouphug.gif  

wp135 - I will, thank you.

letileon - it's still possible. I did have random shooting pains when pregnant with dd, some time after I tested positive but still very early on and throughout the first few months. I probably had more symptoms before my periods than when I was actually pregnant with dd. Sometimes you can just have some, or none and are shocked when you see a bfp. :) 

#19 of 150 Old 04-01-2012, 06:39 PM

Thanks boomer78! It's good to hear that it could still be in the cards for me. Especially because I'm not experiencing breast tenderness but my nipples are sore and I'm also having that burning sensation off and on that you described. I really don't think it's a plugged duct because I can usually spot those. But I think my hormones are all over the board so I'm not taking any symptoms too seriously. If I did see a BFP I would be majorly surprised.

#20 of 150 Old 04-01-2012, 10:21 PM

letileon-  When I got pregnant with DD2 and DD1 was still nursing, I didn't have any of the typical 'breast tenderness' that I had with my pregnancy with DD1.  I did notice the nipple pain though.... I can't remember if it went away between O and the BFP with DD2 though.  Hmmm, I am interested to see about that since I am just having a tiny bit of nipple sensitivity, and not all the time.  It went away at about 5DPO and was gone for 2 days and came back last night and today... although, not painful, just sensitive.....

I am waiting to test again at least till Tuesday, 10DPO.  If I can, I would like to wait till Thursday.  I should know if AF doesn't arrive on Wednesday though since my longest LP is 11 days.

#21 of 150 Old 04-02-2012, 04:42 AM

Keep us updated Chloe'sMama! I'm pulling for you!!

(Likewise I'll let you know if my "burning boobs" were more than just hormonal madness)  ROTFLMAO.gif

#22 of 150 Old 04-02-2012, 05:39 AM

Well, I'm thinking this may turn out to be the 3 week wait thanks to my wacky temps due to night nursing. I do still think I ovulated since overall my temps are MUCH higher now than at the beginning of my cycle. But just looking at a couple temps that could have been off... if I discard them FF moves O to CD23. This is the day DH thinks I O'd. That would make me only 7DPO. I've never had a cycle longer than 30 days but this is my first PP cycle and especially with nursing who knows. I just wish I was more patient lol.gif

http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/2ae091

Kendra (30),  mum to ds fly-by-nursing1.gif(2/14/11), and one angel1.gif. Pregnant with my rainbow1284.gif due 6/10/13, it's a GIRL!!!
 novaxnocirc.gif familybed1.gifcd.gifhomebirth.jpggoorganic.jpg

#23 of 150 Old 04-02-2012, 08:23 AM

Please add me to 2ww. Dd#3 is still nursing at 22 months and this is our 1st month ttc #4 and our 20th ppaf

#24 of 150 Old 04-02-2012, 08:26 AM

I got a - on 8dpo with dd3 but a + on 9dpo with her :)

#25 of 150 Old 04-02-2012, 12:51 PM

So my temp is down a bit today, but dh said he forgot the heater on for the two nights before that. Should i discard the two super high temps? I am on my phone and cant attach my chart but you can find it with our names in the first post.

#26 of 150 Old 04-02-2012, 04:08 PM

Chloe'sMama- Don't know about the temps....but did you test today? I'm assuming no because you didn't mention it. Are you going to test soon?

I tested and got a BFN. My tests arrived in the mail today so I just had to use one! Funny story: So I've never used strip tests before and there I am waiting to see the results. I'm mostly focusing in the Test Line area to see if any faint line shows up. Right away a nice dark line appears. I couldn't believe it and was totally crazy excited for the half of a second before I realized that I have the test upside down and that nice dark line is the control. I had to laugh cause that just sucks!

Also, I got my Fertile Focus saliva microscope today. It seems pretty cool, especially for those of you who are charting and temping and what not. It seems like another tool that could really help pinpoint when and if you O'd. They aren't that expensive and they're reusable! Although, according to my spit I'm not fertile...drat.

#27 of 150 Old 04-02-2012, 06:01 PM

I tested in the afternoon today with a $store test... I don't know why... it is way less sensitive than the test that was negative yesterday.... Arghhhh.  Of course it was a BFN.

I had a crazy sharp pain in the lower left part of my pelvis.  It was SHARP.  felt like I pulled a muscle.  Stayed for about 30 minutes, regardless of how I moved, and then it went away.  It would be late for me to have implantation since I usually only have a 11 day LP.  it may be too late already..... but with the dip in my temp and with the pain.... hmmmm, something to think about.  

I was going to test again tomorrow with the 10MiU test, but I only have 2 left, so.... I may wait until Thursday.  If I implanted today, I won't have a positive for at least 3-4 days.  

ALso, there is a chance that I ovulated on CD29 instead of CD27.... I got my first (only) positive OPK on the Sunday, but all the other signs pointed to O on Saturday (CD29)..... So, I may only be at 7DPO instead of 9DPO....  I discarded my temp on CD29 because I was sleeping at my sisters house and didn't sleep well at all and I was super cold all night.... usually I am sweating and HOT at night (especially the last few nights)

#28 of 150 Old 04-02-2012, 06:04 PM

Letileon- Sorry about the BFN today.  That stinks.  I would be interested if AF shows up soon.  I think I had the sensitive nipples every few weeks before my first PPAF.  I think it may be your body trying to ovulate.  The saliva microscope should help figure it out.

#29 of 150 Old 04-02-2012, 06:35 PM

Sorry about your BFN too! You should wait a few more days to test, especially if you may only be 7dpo. I think it's a lot less common to get a BFP as early as 8 or 9 dpo despite how it seems on these boards. Since you only have a few tests left you should make 'em count!

Also, a sharp pain sounds promising. That's what been throwing me. That sharp pain I had on the 18th was so distinctive and noticeable, but alas I guess it was nothing. I would at least like to ovulate and get a ppaf. I'm starting to feel like this ttc business is a little useless for us right now. I decided that if I don't start ovulating in the next couple of weeks I may go ahead and wean DS in June (his 2nd bday is July 1)....we've just been trying (thinking I'd ovulate at some point) for a year now.

Anyhoo, keep us updated. I'm really hoping you get that BFP in a few days pos.gif

#30 of 150 Old 04-03-2012, 07:45 AM

Sorry to see the BFNs, letileon, OSUvet and CholesMama. But it's still early, so there is still hope!

Congratulations, boomer!

AFM, hmmm. I'm 8DPO, and woke up to some light spotting. I tested and got a BFN. It is of course early to test, so I'm not sure if it's AF or implantation spotting. When I got pregnant with DD, I had spotting in the morning, tested that night and got a BFP—but that was 15DPO. It's mid-day now, and no additional spotting. I'm tempted to test again this afternoon. This is my first PP cycle, so I won't be devastated if we're not pregnant, but this not knowing is killing me!

Mama to baby girl, born 9/10; expecting baby #2 4/13.

Tags
Trying To Conceive

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page