TTC with new diabetes - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 04-02-2012, 01:01 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

My DH and I have been TTC for 8 months with no luck.  With charting I have noticed I have a consistently low LP, so off to the MD I went to request having my progesterone tested.  Along with progesterone my MD recommended a long list of blood work just to rule out other issues.  My progesterone did come back somewhat low, however, more surprising to me, I also came back with high fasting blood sugar, which a repeat test confirmed.  My A1C and insulin levels were on on the high end of normal and normal respectively but according to my MD the high blood sugars still mean a new diagnosis of type II diabetes.  I am 29 years old, relatively active, and have no family history of diabetes so I am completely in shock!  To top it all off my doctor is on vacation so I have to wait over a week to see her and receive any guidance on what treatment will be, why the tests other than glucose are normal, and what this means for TTC.   Does anyone out there have experience TTC with type II diabetes?  Which medications are safe to take when TTC?  I would love any guidance or just to know there are other people dealing with the same issues.  

I am 29, married to DH for 2 years with 2 crazy pups and, after what feels like a huge wait (shorter than many, longer than wanted!), we are expecting our first little one April 2013.joy.gif

Tags
Trying To Conceive
User Tag List