Vivid Dreaming - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 9 Old 04-04-2012, 05:33 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Hi Everyone

I haven't been that active on the boards but have been lurking a lot. I in in the first month of TTC #1  with my fiancee. We live and work in China until June and then move back to Canada. We aren't actively TTC (we don't time sex ) but are keeping track of temps and where we're at. We're both very excited about the possibility of having kids but also ok if it takes a little while (and we both have medical histories that suggest potential fertility issues).

Anyways

We spent a month in Bali Indonesia in Jan / Feb. I had the opportunity to sit down with a Balinese medicine woman and was curious what she might say or do (I went there with no intentions, just was curious as to what would happen). She was amazingly accurate on a number of things (that I live in China, that I have only 5 students, that I want to own a farm, etc) and at the end she said I would have a baby by December. Due to language barriers I am not sure if she meant I would be pregnant or actually give birth to a child in December. At this time we were TTA but playing with the idea of TTC earlier then planned so I thought her insight was interesting.

Last month I had some fairly clear indications that my Endo has returned. In addition my cycle was off for the first time since charting. I assumed my cycle was annovulartory when it was really a delayed O. To make a long story short my partner and I had sex around the time I actually O'd and spent the next two weeks wondering if we were pregnant. As I got closer to finding out I became very at peace with it (it was never a big stress but certainly not in the plans). The night my AF cane I had the most vivid dream.  It felt like it had really happened and now three weeks later it still sticks with me as if it had happened.

In my dream I was back in Bali and I was at a full moon ceremony, sitting by a fire talking to a Balian (Balinese Medicine Man) whom I've never met before. He laughed at me and asked if I wanted a child and I said yes. He then laughed more and asked me if I was prepared for a child that would bring chaos into my world. I interpreted this to mean I would have a child that would raise a lot of hell in the world (in a good way... I believe chaos is good every now and then and can shake loose stagnant organization). Again I said yes. He said there would be many challenges ahead and I said I didn't care. He then said, 'Alright, you will have this child". At this point I woke up and felt really really strongly.

Now me and my partner have decided due to a number of reasons to just stop TTA and see what comes and I can't help but wonder and feel like there was a huge intuitive knowing that came with that dream... as though the universe was trying to call me on my wishy-washiness and really ask if I was truly ready for this or not. Now I feel a real calm about not TTA where as two months ago the idea made me really uncomfortable and nervous. Now I just feel like what is meant to be will happen and there is no sense in getting overly anxious about TTC or when it will happen.

I'm wondering if other people also have had really vivid dreams about this? I know that many pregnant woman talk about their dreams and how realistic or prophetic they can be but haven't heard a lot of pre-conception dreams. I'm always interested to read about woman's experiences with intuition and thought it might be neat to start a thread where that is discussed. I thought it might also be a way to break the ice a little and get to know some people! :)

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 9 Old 04-04-2012, 06:21 AM

What an amazing dream!

I totally believe in the power of dreams and intuition, though I don't claim to have any real experience with it myself.

I have had dreams where I've seen a glimpse of the future, but it never registers until years later when I live that moment, if that makes sense. And the dreams are always of the most random moments, with no significance whatsoever except for the whole "Gosh, I had a dream about this moment!" I'm sure this sounds completely out there, but I swear it's true. So I completely believe it's possible that your dream was, indeed, trying to tell you something. smile.gif

Mi vida loca: full-time WOHM, frugalista, foodie wannabe, 10+ years of TCOYF 

R-E-S-P-E-C-T spells BRAND NEW User Agreement!!

#3 of 9 Old 04-04-2012, 08:14 PM

Wow, thanks for sharing! I'm very spiritual and I am a Christian.  In the bible, God used dreams many times to help people and to reveal the future.  I have ALWAYS had very vivid dreams, even as a child.  When I got older, I dreamt a few dreams that really stuck with me and can still remember them years later.  One of them was a dream of my cousin telling me that she was pregnant with her 3rd child and that she was telling me about her the father and how they wanted to get married soon because they were going to have a baby.  This cousin has had 2 abortions at that time.  In my dream, she told me she was going to keep this child.  And I was so happy for her!  Anyways....six weeks later, she calls me and tells me she is pregnant!!  I was shocked and told her I just dreamt of this, six weeks previously.  She then asked me if I thought she should have an abortion or not again.  Her last abortion she asked for my advice as well, but aborted anyways.  So I told her again that I dont' think she should abort but it's her choice (and I talked about God, etc.).  She decided to keep the child and now her daughter is a healthy beautiful 2 year old, AND she's getting married to this guy!  I think dreams can be very powerful and many times they do come true.

As for pre-conception dreams, I am first time TTC (hence the name) and I have dreamt MANY times of babies and me holding babies, taking care of babies, etc. and for years I've dreamt these.  Even BEFORE I was ready to have children.  So....who knows, I'm praying those dreams come true!!!!!!!!

28 years old, married 6 years to a 27 year old geek.gif man, with cat.gifcat.gifdog2.gif and we have been TTCing seven cycles since Jan. 2012.  Samuel 1:19 "...and the LORD remembered her."

#4 of 9 Old 04-05-2012, 08:28 PM - Thread Starter

Thanks for sharing everyone! I'm always interested to hear and learn about other people's intuitive side as I learn more about my own. My friend had a very vivid dream a few months ago in her pregnancy and in it she was giving birth to a girl... well a few months later she had a little boy! go figure. 

Firsttimettc - I've had similar dreams where someone in my family dies or is diagnosed with cancer, it can be unnerving sometimes! But I always feel blessed to be intune with that is happening in the world. I am very spiritual too (although not Christian) and find it interesting how many cultures have connected dreams to future knowledge. 

I'm trying to convince myself not to get too excited during my 2ww... just because I had the dream doesn't mean it's going to happen RIGHT THIS SECOND! (That's what I am trying to convince myself of at least). 

#5 of 9 Old 04-11-2012, 10:32 PM

Love this thread!

I have vivid dreams in general but in this current 2WW I've had 3 dreams so far confirming that I am pregnant. I haven't tested yet but AF hasn't shown yet either and I'm 9 DPO... It's probably wishful thinking and self-induced funk but I don't want it to be.

Last night I dreamt I was at a comic book store and one of the clerks, who didn't speak, just gave me an inquisitive look and then presented me with a gold necklace with a pendant. The pendant depicted a bird with a small baby bird showing in it's belly. Totally weird because of course birds lay eggs...

Now that I am a mom I no longer have time for knit.gif,teapot2.GIF,read.gif
#6 of 9 Old 04-12-2012, 12:53 AM - Thread Starter

Wow intense dreaming! It seems we're on the same wave lengths in so many ways it seems! I'm really excited to see the results of everything. I also though keep reminding myself that having the intuition that I'm going to have a baby doesn't mean RIGHT THIS MOMENT (or cycle) he he so trying to keep that in mind :P 

#7 of 9 Old 04-13-2012, 01:47 PM

Hey nattery,

So glad to be able to share this journey with you.

More dreams last night after getting home from our trip and getting a BFN yesterday morning.

Dreamt that I POAS, three or five different ones and they showed various lines and numbers of stages of pregnancy. Somehow the numbers were related to the amt of hormone present and the sticks were showing the levels week by week indicating that I was at 6 weeks.

It seems like so much wishful thinking.

I've had dreams in the past of having a kid/baby, but I have to say these last 2 weeks I've had them more than ever, probably because it's so much on the forefront of my thoughts.

Now that I am a mom I no longer have time for knit.gif,teapot2.GIF,read.gif
#8 of 9 Old 04-13-2012, 04:58 PM - Thread Starter

wow so interesting! I wouldn't look at it as purely wishful thinking... I like to also think of dreams as indications / affirmations of our intuitive side and of our higher consciousness / connection with the greater picture/ universe/ god / whatever name you have for it... and sometimes those intuitions are not perfectly lined up to our 'real' time since what is time anyways (especially when you're talking a matter of months). Even though I am sure my af is coming any moment now and  probably won't conceive this cycle, I still feel very affirmed by my dream that I am on that path. You're on that path too, and it will happen when it's meant to (just sometimes it would be nice to know when damnit!)

#9 of 9 Old 06-28-2012, 01:27 PM

Hello everyone! I had a dream I really wanted to share and hopefully get some input on.

My boyfriend and I have been trying to conceive for the last 2 weeks and I believe that I was ovulating last night. Fell asleep and had THE MOST VIVID DREAM of giving birth to a little baby girl. I saw myself on the table, saw the doctor. He told me to push and I could feel the baby moving inside me. I could feel and see everything like waking life only it had the Warren Beaty soft light, the edges kind of blurred. When she was born the nurse wrapped her in pink terry cloth and placed her in my arms. The Joy I felt was incredible, I was just overflowing with love, in complete awe of my sweet little girl. I could see her face, I could feel her warmth, see her dark hair, and that she had her father's eyes. Ladies, it was the most moving, realrealreal dream. I swear the love inside of me was too much for my dreaming body. I held my little girl to my chest and I promise I would never let anything happen to her, that her mama would always protect her. I have never felt that kind of love before. It was something greater than me.

Do you think it was a sign?

Tags
Trying To Conceive

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page