The ONE Thread April 8 - 15 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 41 Old 04-08-2012, 02:44 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

WELCOME TO THE "ONE" THREAD  for April 8 - 15!!!

posted by alexisyael in 2004:

The One Thread is designed for all on the MDC board. No matter where you are in your cycle, you are welcome to join the One Thread! We are also open to those who are "Waiting to be Ready" for one reason or another. We continue to embrace those of us who have become pregnant as well. Feel free to jump in at any time and introduce yourself!

To help keep the list current and manageable, members will be deleted after a month of not posting to a One thread.

Please make add/remove/change requests in Bold.

whistling.gifWaiting to O whistling.gif

aHikaru

bebelove BFPChart2.gif

dbl_my_luv BFPChart2.gif

filiadeluna BFPChart2.gif

Fnord BFPChart2.gif  

jeslynn BFPChart2.gif

KatCooke

keylimecutie

krunchyk  

Lisoula

LindsayDawn BFPChart2.gif  

livingsky

maia.springgoddess

Mom2IrishBoys BFPChart2.gif

newtoTTC

nattery

rikkitikki

Rockabilly Mama  

Tropicalfever

Shawnamarie BFPChart2.gif    

SilaMarila 

skeemama

Stevi BFPChart2.gif

travelmumma

WildDoula BFPChart2.gif

headscratch.gif Waiting to Know (2WW) headscratch.gif

A2E BFPChart2.gif

aj_18

Angierae BFPChart2.gif

brichole BFPChart2.gif

doularebekah BFPChart2.gif

Gator-mom BFPChart2.gif

gratefulstella

FreedEm11 BFPChart2.gif

indie1976

jpack BFPChart2.gif

kittenbritches BFPChart2.gif

LadyCatherine185

LindsayDawn BFPChart2.gif   

mamabear08 BFPChart2.gif

Myllissa BFPChart2.gif

naynay455 BFPChart2.gif

stegenrae BFPChart2.gif

WildDoula BFPChart2.gif

confused.gif WTF IS GOING ON?!?! confused.gif

southernmommie

RavenMadMommy

idea.gif Waiting to be Ready idea.gif

anyalily BFPChart2.gif

candyshells

gratefulstella BFPChart2.gif

imbjer

jeminijad

jlmschirm BFPChart2.gif

John16n33

LisaAdkins20

LivingSky

Michaels-Mommy

nisojon BFPChart2.gif    

samy23 

sleepingbeauty BFPChart2.gif
Texanromaniac BFPChart2.gif
CDsMom1031 BFPChart2.gif
Zyon'sMommy

joy.gif ~ GRADUATES~ joy.gif

Big congrats to you all!!

Graduate Thread in I'm Pregnant

http://www.mothering.com/community/t/1337758/the-one-thread-graduates-december-2011

(the current thread keeper can update the graduate link as needed)

heartbeat.gif April BFP's heartbeat.gif

bellybaby2012

heartbeat.gif February BFP's heartbeat.gif

gozal BFPChart2.gif

Doula, teacher, designer, maker. Living above the mangroves, looking out over the water in beautiful Aotearoa with my husband, our dear friends and a little grey cat.

#2 of 41 Old 04-08-2012, 02:49 AM - Thread Starter

Hello ladies!

I am so, so sorry for my slackness last week. We've just finished up our first school term (we have four 10-11 week terms with 2 week breaks in between, apart from summer, that make up our school year here) and as I've mentioned before our school is going through lots of fairly major changes so my brain has been mush by the time I get home. That, and we have a teenager staying with us at the moment who used up all our data! I'm now down at my parents place for the next few days and it feels awesome to be finally on break....and to have working internet again! 

Huge congrats to Rae and BellyBaby - that's amazing news! I'm so very happy for you both, please keep us posted on how your'e doing. 

Welcome to any newbies or former lurkers, please let me know if I haven't added you when I should have or if anyone is in the wrong place on the list up there. 

I'm really happy that I'll have a good two weeks away from work to hang out with y'all, looking forward to some more BFP's!

Doula, teacher, designer, maker. Living above the mangroves, looking out over the water in beautiful Aotearoa with my husband, our dear friends and a little grey cat.

#3 of 41 Old 04-08-2012, 05:24 AM

Thanks for the new thread!!!

Me: read.gif, DH: jammin.gif, Two cat.gif, Two dog2.gif, DS: babyboy.gif (10/31/11), DD: babygirl.gif (9/17/13). blowkiss.gif

dizzy.gifcaffix.gifbiglaugh.giffaint.gif

broc1.gifbanana.gifcarrot.gif

#4 of 41 Old 04-08-2012, 06:49 AM

Welcome back, doularebekah!

AF came this morning which means I can be moved to waiting to O.

This was my first cycle taking vitex but I only had a 7 day LP and a 25 day cycle. Bleh. I know it can take a few months so I'm crossing my fingers that between the vitex and the B6 things start looking better! 

Good luck, everyone!

Teacher, wife, food-geek. Celebrating 11 amazing years with my husband this year. We're in our mid-30's and excited to have our first baby in March 2013! smile.gif

#5 of 41 Old 04-08-2012, 09:23 AM

You can add me to graduates.  After something around 5 BFP and 2 sort of maybe BFP's I'm calling it. We are expecting and due December 18th!

Telling family today at Easter, even though it's ridiculously early.   I like the idea of telling them on Easter that we expect a Christmas baby, and I know that even if the worst was to happen, they would want to know early anyway. (My mom and sister are super close and do a lot together on a regular basis.)

Plus, they all think we are done having kids and hubby and I are going to have too much fun telling them otherwise. bwahaha. 

#6 of 41 Old 04-08-2012, 05:12 PM

Can you add me to "waiting to know"?  I'm 8 DPO.  Not too hopeful, though.  I'm getting tired of this game.  :(   Is it possible to even compare BBT from a year ago to this cycle?  I ask because I didn't use BBT for like 9-10 months (just kind of gave up, but still charted CP/CM), so it's the only thing I can compare it to.  Also, the temps a year ago were taken around 7:30am most days, this cycle closer to 7am or sometimes 6:55ish.

Chart here: http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/1c9ff1

-
#7 of 41 Old 04-08-2012, 07:32 PM

Please add me to Waiting to O! We're officially trying again! WOOHOO!

and CONGRATS to the April BFPs!!!!! joy.gifjoy.gif

Married to my wonderful DH 5/2010, Mom to DS1 Kayden 7-14-2011 wild.gif and DS2 Jakob 8-29-2013 babyf.gif

Owned by Friesians and Drum Horses, plus the dogs, cats, rabbits and chickens

#8 of 41 Old 04-08-2012, 09:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LivingSky View Post

Please add me to Waiting to O! We're officially trying again! WOOHOO!

joy.gif

Me: read.gif, DH: jammin.gif, Two cat.gif, Two dog2.gif, DS: babyboy.gif (10/31/11), DD: babygirl.gif (9/17/13). blowkiss.gif

dizzy.gifcaffix.gifbiglaugh.giffaint.gif

broc1.gifbanana.gifcarrot.gif

#9 of 41 Old 04-08-2012, 11:51 PM - Thread Starter

Thanks Shawnamarie! Sorry to hear you're back Waiting to O, but definitely stick with the Vitex because it should make a difference after awhile. I've been taking it for a few months and have noticed a difference a little bit of a difference in terms of a consistent LP length. Hang in there!

bellybaby -  Gladly! I think it's totally up to the individual as to when you tell people, I can understand the feelings of wanting those close to you to know regardless of how things end up turning out. Keep us posted, hope you're well!

filiadeluna - Welcome! I'm not too sure about comparing to charts from that long ago - I guess our bodies do have somewhat of a pattern which is the whole point of charting in the first place, so I would use them for now :)

livingsky - Woop woop! 

#10 of 41 Old 04-09-2012, 01:00 AM

Doularebekah - Welcome back! Thanks for the new thread. May your break be long and restful.

Living Sky - Hoping for a lovely but short season of TTC for you.

AFM - Just looking for some validation. This is my chart this month: http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/3a56f8/  - wouldn't you be encouraged too? But alas, spotting started today and a bit of cramping - foretelling the punctual arrival of AF tomorrow. Not going to start the pity-party-but-trying-to-look-on-the-bright-side stuff til AF shows up in earnest but looks like I may be out of the TTC camp for a while.

#11 of 41 Old 04-09-2012, 02:36 AM

nisojon - For sure, your temps look really really good, I would be encouraged too! I hope the spotting tapers off again for you!

Married to my wonderful DH 5/2010, Mom to DS1 Kayden 7-14-2011 wild.gif and DS2 Jakob 8-29-2013 babyf.gif

Owned by Friesians and Drum Horses, plus the dogs, cats, rabbits and chickens

#12 of 41 Old 04-09-2012, 07:02 AM

nisojon - crossing my fingers for you!

LivingSky - congrats!

Doularebekah - thanks for the encouragement. I'm honestly really conflicted about continuing with the vitex. I'm on a very low dose and during my follicular phase it makes me fatigued, headachy, and moody. Also, my LP and whole cycle were the shortest this past month then they have been in a while. Shouldn't it start lengthening? I'm concerned I'm one of those people that it doesn't work for. I'll give it a few more days and see how I feel. I wish someone could give us simple answers to hormonal issues! ;)

Teacher, wife, food-geek. Celebrating 11 amazing years with my husband this year. We're in our mid-30's and excited to have our first baby in March 2013! smile.gif

#13 of 41 Old 04-09-2012, 07:59 AM

Shawnamarie...   I am trying Vitex for the second time right now. My LP was down to as little as 8 days (it's fluctuating), and my EWCM was getting scant, so I figured it would be worth another try. When I tried it a few years ago my LP was 10-11 days, with plenty of EWCM, and it royally screwed up my cycle. I think it only works if your cycles are really screwy. At least I hope it does something beneficial now, where it didn't before.

43 w/Emphysema - TTC from 2005 - 2013. 2 miscarriages in 2008. Good things do not come to those who wait.

#14 of 41 Old 04-09-2012, 04:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stevi View Post

Shawnamarie...   I am trying Vitex for the second time right now. My LP was down to as little as 8 days (it's fluctuating), and my EWCM was getting scant, so I figured it would be worth another try. When I tried it a few years ago my LP was 10-11 days, with plenty of EWCM, and it royally screwed up my cycle. I think it only works if your cycles are really screwy. At least I hope it does something beneficial now, where it didn't before.

Thanks for the feedback, Stevi. I'm gonna skip it tomorrow and slowly come off of it as it just doesn't seem to be doing good things for my body. My cycles have been pretty regular with good EWCM before this, just with short LPs. I sincerely hope there are other avenues of intervention! Good luck with it this time around.

#15 of 41 Old 04-09-2012, 08:31 PM

Shawnamarie...   A B-Complex brought my LP from 10 to 11 days.

43 w/Emphysema - TTC from 2005 - 2013. 2 miscarriages in 2008. Good things do not come to those who wait.

#16 of 41 Old 04-09-2012, 09:52 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)

H ladies - congrats to Belly Baby and Rae!

I am entering the BD phase and I have no idea if we are going to prevent or not. I guess we will just be spontaneous... I will try not to obsess... Got the word that the insurance thing is not an issue, so that is one less reason to wait. Would still like to lose some weight... Hmmm. Oh well, same line from me, isn't it? Head and heart disagreeing, blah blah blah.

That's me, in a nutshell. [help, i'm in a nutshell!]

Mama to DD luxlove.gif born June 2008 and Wife to my dear Magyar foreign exchange husband. Expecting again in September!joy.gif 
#17 of 41 Old 04-10-2012, 07:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by anyalily View Post

H ladies - congrats to Belly Baby and Rae!

I am entering the BD phase and I have no idea if we are going to prevent or not. I guess we will just be spontaneous... I will try not to obsess... Got the word that the insurance thing is not an issue, so that is one less reason to wait. Would still like to lose some weight... Hmmm. Oh well, same line from me, isn't it? Head and heart disagreeing, blah blah blah.

That's me, in a nutshell. [help, i'm in a nutshell!]

OMG you made me :LOL:  You have a corny sense of humor like me, apparently!  ;)  Or should I say, nutty?  :P   Go for it - be spontaneous.  Once you decide you are officially TTC, you'll obsess anyway!  LOL.

Well, I'm 10 DPO today, and this morning Fertility Friend gave me a, "Possibly Triphasic" thing.  I wish I hadn't seen that, because now I'm actually getting my hopes up when I know that people get triphasic charts and are NOT pregnant. irked.gif  I've had some light cramping the last couple of days, but I never really trust symptoms anymore.  Anyone here have FF actually tell you it thinks you might be triphasic (not just that you think your chart looked that way), and then have AF come? 

-
#18 of 41 Old 04-10-2012, 07:29 AM

Hi all!

I'm back, and waiting to O :) 

I've been MIA trying to get my health in order, but wanted to check in and see who was new and who has graduated.

AFM, I've lost 27 pounds since January, and still not where I wanted to be in order to earnestly TTC, but I feel SO MUCH BETTER that maybe we'll go for it again this month.  I've found out I have food allergies (wheat, dairy and CHOCOLATE!  How unfair is that?!), so I'm learning to avoid all of that and I think the overall healthier diet has helped my cycle.  Then again, I'm on more supplements than I can count. 

Hoping I can keep up here again, and wishing you all happy, healthy cycles!

Homeschooling mama to DS (9/03), DD (VBAC, 4/06) and missing our s (10/4/09 & 12/28/09)
#19 of 41 Old 04-10-2012, 07:44 AM

Hi everyone,

I'm new on mothering, i'm TTC (that's the only abbreviation I know) baby#1 I had an implant which I took out my implant 3/9/12 and my cycle started April 2nd!!! Amazing I'm soo happy!! I hope to make it this month! Good luck to those TTC, congrats to those who had a +clap.gif. I've also been trying to loose some weight so far only 5kg but I'm ok.

PS: I'm really new I have a hard time understanding what you all say because of the abbreviations e.g. DPO, BD, BFP, MIA .... can someone enlighthen me or isthere a link or thread where most abbreviations are explained??? I'm reaaaally happy to have found this website   energy.gif

Thanks you all

namaste.gif           

pos.gif for #1  carefully threadingthe path to motherhood heartbeat.gif

#20 of 41 Old 04-10-2012, 07:48 AM

Can I be added on the waiting to Ovulate list? I did an ovulation test this morning and it was negative, but I feel slight lower abdominal pain, don't know if that counts, anyway hope we all succeed!

#21 of 41 Old 04-10-2012, 07:49 AM

Waiting to O

#22 of 41 Old 04-10-2012, 09:57 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)

Welcome TropicalFever! I hope your stay here is short and you get your BFP soon.

I am back on my diet today after a loooong weekend of chocolate and matzah and brisket. Oy... The weightloss piece of the pie is a good one -  feel like I am actively doing something, even when I'm not, you know, doing something.

Mama to DD luxlove.gif born June 2008 and Wife to my dear Magyar foreign exchange husband. Expecting again in September!joy.gif 
#23 of 41 Old 04-10-2012, 10:04 AM

Thanks anyalily hope to do better with your weight loss than I am and that your stay here be as brief as possible

#24 of 41 Old 04-11-2012, 04:23 AM

Living: Congrats on TTC again! Hope it happens quickly for you! joy.gif

Hey girls, just wanted to pop in to say hi and that we are still sort-of trying. Just relaxing and only charting secondary signs. I feel better about this. Also, can I be moved to waiting to know, please? Thanks. Even though, technically, I'm not really waiting to know because our chances are pretty slim this month. We only BD'd 2 days before and 2 days after O. It was a pretty stressful week that week with our car (we're a one car family) breaking down, buying a new one and just all the headaches that go with having a car payment for the first time in 10 years. GRRRR! Honestly though, it's quite nice not really thinking/obsessing about whether or not I'm knocked up. wink1.gif

Jeri, Natural lovin' Mama to Elijah (9.29.03), Eden (10.2.06), and a little one lost along the way (1/12)., Step-monster to Shelby (18) and Stephen (16). Celebrating 12 years together with my soul-mate, Eric. Hoping for a rainbow1284.gif someday! 
#25 of 41 Old 04-11-2012, 06:34 AM

Hi,

Back Again! Finished my bar exams a few weeks ago, so hopefully I have some time to spend on here again. I am still 2ww, 12dpo, and going to test soon. We were going to skip this month b/c I am nervous about the chaos of the holidays, but couldn't make myself rick missing a good month. So...fingers crossed for myself and everyone else!

Angie, mama to Anna '01, Mia '04, and Leif '08 and angel1.gif '03  angel1.gif'07 angel1.gif'12.Expecting someone new in 7/13! pos.gif

h20homebirth.gif familybed2.gif bftoddler.gif homeschool.gif  novaxnocirc.gif

#26 of 41 Old 04-11-2012, 06:39 AM

UGH.  Slight pink tinged CM last night, and big temp drop this morning.  AF is just around the corner.  That means cycle number FIFTEEN is about to begin. bawling.gif  I don't know how much more of this I can take.  Why, oh why, can't I be one of those women who gets knocked up in one month, or not even trying?  Why is this so hard when I already have one child?  It took 9 months (well technically 10 months and 9 cycles) to conceive DD.  I thought I'd get a break this time, but it's even worse.  I seem to have a fairly short luteal phase (11-12 days normally from what I can tell) and I have pre-AF spotting for a day or two nearly every cycle.  My cycle lengths are pretty similar every month, and my O date is within "normal" range even though it is later than many people.

I have a feeling that is related to my 3-year-old still nursing frequently.  She nurses 3-4x per night, and probably 10x per day.  I really wish she would stop nursing so much - I don't even like to think about it, but regardless of TTC, I am really burnt out/touched-out on nursing after 3 years.  I don't want her to quit completely, but I wish she could at least stop/lessen the night nursing.  I have tried all the gentle things I can think of, but she is a Boobasaurus Rex, and she cries and/or gets angry when I try to offer things other than the boob (hugs, water, food, other distractions).  Anyway, I guess I should post about that in the Breastfeeding forum.  

DH initially agreed to scheduling an appointment with a fertility clinic, until he found out that HE had to go to, and then he started saying that he was worried about how much the lab bills would be for blood tests & whatnot since our insurance sucks.  So he made me cancel it. greensad.gif   He said we could save up for me to get the Clearblue Easy Fertility Monitor if I want to , but to be honest I don't know that it would help me much more than OPKs & BBT, especially if have LPD and/or low progesterone.  I have taken multi vitamins, tried 100mg of B6 + B complex, took EPO the first half of my cycle, drank tons of grapefruit juice and tons of water to help with EWCM, and our timing usually isn't too bad.  

I just don't even know where to go from here... any advice or links to info?  

-
#27 of 41 Old 04-11-2012, 02:01 PM

Anyalily- I can completely understand the heart telling you something different than your head thing. Some thing here. On the one hand I do not want a winter baby due to family issues with that. On the other hand, the very strong emotional one, I can't wait to get pregnant and have a little one of my own. Having so many friends that are pregnant or have little babies around probably does not help either. 

What a confusing time.....

#28 of 41 Old 04-11-2012, 07:21 PM

Filiadeluna - lots of empathy being sent out your way - can you feel it? :) 15 months is a long time of trying. I didn't start having really "solid" cycles again after my #2 until I weaned him (he was 28months) - we both started sleeping better too. My best friend had a hard time getting pregnant until her toddler was weaned too. There really may be something to those BF hormones but it seems that there are plenty of people who get pregnant while BF toddlers so I'm sure there are people with good advice for you around the MDC and I hope you can find a good middle ground.

Angierae - Way to go on getting your bars finished! May you pass and get a BFP soon too.

AFM - AF came right on time - despite a lovely chart this cycle. Just goes to show you can have an "implantation dip" and spotting and a triphasic chart and not be preggers. AF came on my DD's 5th birthday which helped me remain thankful for what I have. I think I'll have some more grieving to do as I won't be able to have a home birth in the states with our families like I was hoping for but I'm trusting that if/when we are blessed with a #3 we'll have the gift of hindsight in seeing how well the timing worked out. Here's to hope! Can I be moved to waiting to be ready? I'm certainly ready but we have to consider travel schedules and what country we'll be in in this whole TTC thing. Blessings and peace to all of you! I'll still be lurking around here and hoping for LOTS of BFPs!

#29 of 41 Old 04-11-2012, 08:17 PM

Hey All,

My name is Emily. My husband, Joe and I have been TTC since March 2011. My cousin Nicole (CDsMom1031, her old screen name is TTCChloeOrConner) recommended this site and this thread, and I was hoping to be a part of it. I am 21 years old and dh just turned 24 on March 30th. This is our last month trying before we start a trial run of Clomid. I ovulated on April 4th and got a bfn this afternoon (still hoping for a bfp later this month).

My Fertility Friend chart: http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/3c6195

hola.gif Married to and TTC with my best friend since 03/06/11 luxlove.gif. One angel.gif and hoping for our rainbow!. bouncy.gif In the meantime, just loving life and trusting God.
#30 of 41 Old 04-12-2012, 04:56 AM - Thread Starter

A2E - Exciting stuff! Total bummer about your car though, but I'm sure it's a little exciting to have a new one? Keeping my fingers crossed that this is your month!

angierae - So good to see you! Congrats on finishing up your exams, that must feel so good! Fingers crossed for sure :)

filiadeluna - Oh no! I'm so sorry. I really wish I had some better advice for you, but it seems like you have a good idea of what your body already is doing (through OPK's, etc) and I would think that after 15 cycles then going to be a specialist is definitely the next step. It sucks so much that decisions about our health like this have to come down to money and insurance! I know that breastfeeding can have an impact on TTC, but I'm not sure how much. I bet there are a ton of woman in the breastfeeding forum with advice though. Please keep us posted, lots and lots of hugs to you!

nisojon - Oh friend, I'm so sorry to hear this. Your chart did look amazing this month, but as you say there's only really one real way of knowing and who knows why our bodies work the way they do sometimes! I'm sorry that you're seemingly not going to have the birth experience that you were hoping for, but I'm sure that when it does happen it will be wonderful and exactly how things were meant to be!

Tropicalfever and FreedEm11 - Welcome to the group! I'm glad you've decided to join us, it's a fantastic group of really knowledgeable and supportive ladies. Here's to BFP's very soon for you both!

AFM - 3DPO here and trying my best to stay relaxed this cycle. My husband and I are making fairly big life plans at the moment (house buying, traveling, going back to school, etc) and I've come to the conclusion that we'll be able to fit that around a baby as best as possible so whenever it happens, it happens. We'll just keep trying and if we get pregnant, make our plans around that. Of course it's too early to tell anything yet but no doubt I"ll have things to report soon!

Tags
Trying To Conceive

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page