The ONE Thread April 15 - 22 - Page 2 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 04-20-2012, 04:20 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

GoBecGo - Thanks so much for your encouraging words, friend :) That is a really lovely story, kids are so insightful hey? Yeah, who knows about the test. I actually had a chemical pregnancy in October of last year on our first cycle of trying and I'm wondering if there's any link between that and potential low progesterone as I seem to spot before my period starts. Who knows, but I might go see my dr anyway as she's pretty proactive about checking things out even though we've only been trying for 6 months or so. I'm not sure what difference it will make to how we try, but I think it's always empowering to have a good understanding of how your body works!

Doula, teacher, designer, maker. Living above the mangroves, looking out over the water in beautiful Aotearoa with my husband, our dear friends and a little grey cat.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-20-2012, 09:03 AM

GoBecGo: what an amazing story. Your DD sounds like a wonderfully intuitive girl.

doularebekah: sorry you're feeling confused and let down. Definitely see your physician if you feel it'll put your mind at ease. I think knowing either way whether there is a problem or not can be such a relief. That said, DH and I haven't had any pre-TTC screening or anything. I will probably go and ask him to go too if it doesn't happen after this month.

Now that I am a mom I no longer have time for knit.gif,teapot2.GIF,read.gif
Old 04-20-2012, 10:49 AM

Hey ladies,

Can anyone tell me what the,5,4,3 in the stats row is on my ff chart?
And yes, still no af, no cramping, and no bfp, and to make matters worse my temp went from 97 to 96 in one day. I just don't understand. I have been testing at the same time 5:15am to the minute every morning and going to bed the same time every night (give or take 20 minutes). I wish my chart wasn't all over the place. DH is getting tested this weekend, hopefully that'll turn out normal.

gobecgo good luck! I hope your tww turns into a bfp with 40 Weeks of pregnancy bliss! Your daughter sounds very sweet, it is great that she was a positive face during that time.
doularebekah I an sorry youkeep getting your hopes up just to have things not work out. I hate to give up just yet because you DID get a bfp and it could just be spotting, but you know your body and if you think its AF, it most likely is... Here is to next month!

hola.gif Married to and TTC with my best friend since 03/06/11 luxlove.gif. One angel.gif and hoping for our rainbow!. bouncy.gif In the meantime, just loving life and trusting God.
Old 04-20-2012, 10:56 AM

Now the 5,4,3 are gone. I put in my temp, bd, and cm... (which I am still having a hard time reading. I can't tell the difference between them) Dh and I bought Taking Control of Your Fertility a long time ago, maybe I should find the time to read it.

Edit: I just got off the phone with the semen analysis people and they are only open Monday through Friday 7-2 and Dh works 6-3. Augh... :-(

hola.gif Married to and TTC with my best friend since 03/06/11 luxlove.gif. One angel.gif and hoping for our rainbow!. bouncy.gif In the meantime, just loving life and trusting God.
Old 04-20-2012, 07:13 PM

FreedEm11...   See if your DH can do his deed in some sort of recepticle before work, for you to deliver to the lab at 7am... Or if he can do it during a lunch hour (in the bathroom), for you to deliver to the lab...

43 w/Emphysema - TTC from 2005 - 2013. 2 miscarriages in 2008. Good things do not come to those who wait.

Old 04-20-2012, 08:33 PM

Stevi - I talked to my husband about it and the location is too far away for him to be able to do it before, during or after work hours but I am getting information on other places in the area. I'm sure we'll figure it out soon. It's not that big of a deal, we have lots of options. I was just very frustrated earlier and it made it seem much worse. :-) Thank you for your advice though, if we find a place closer to his work we will most likely do it that way.

Old 04-20-2012, 10:54 PM

Hey ladies,

So I am reading "Taking Control of Your Fertility" right now and I am learning how to read my body. I have been recording my CM wrong because I am calling EWCM sticky and creamy EWCM because thats what I thought it was supposed to be. If I am reading my body right I should be ovulating right around this time. I still have a lot of reading to do, so we will see if I am doing this right, but from now on I am just going to record what I see regardless of how crazy or unlikely it seems. We'll know in a month or two if I'm right. Sorry I posted this kind of pointless paragraph but I'm very excited. For the first time ever I feel like I know what the heck is going on.

Old 04-20-2012, 11:03 PM

ahhhh I was in the 2ww and now full cycle back to waiting to O' (about a weekish!) BUT I will be in Beijing with my bf so it's not the most optimal month for baby making... but we can still practice right? ha ha. I am going O the day I take off so hopefully a little bd'ing in the morning before I fly out for the week. Fingers crossed!

Old 04-20-2012, 11:27 PM

nattery That sounds like a great trip! I think it would be so cool to conceive your child in Beijing! Good luck and have fun ;-)

Edit: I put Belgium instead of Beijing duh.gif

Old 04-21-2012, 02:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by doularebekah View Post

GoBecGo - Thanks so much for your encouraging words, friend :) That is a really lovely story, kids are so insightful hey? Yeah, who knows about the test. I actually had a chemical pregnancy in October of last year on our first cycle of trying and I'm wondering if there's any link between that and potential low progesterone as I seem to spot before my period starts. Who knows, but I might go see my dr anyway as she's pretty proactive about checking things out even though we've only been trying for 6 months or so. I'm not sure what difference it will make to how we try, but I think it's always empowering to have a good understanding of how your body works!

Seeing your doctor is a good idea - there is progesterone cream isn't there?  I'm sure i've read of ladies using it before to prolong a luteal phase.  Yours seemed a touch short on the charts (10 days-ish?) perhaps an extra day or two would help. Many hugs to you, 6 months isn't so long medically but it must feel like forever. x

Quote:
Originally Posted by dakipode View Post

GoBecGo: what an amazing story. Your DD sounds like a wonderfully intuitive girl.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreedEm11 View Post
gobecgo good luck! I hope your tww turns into a bfp with 40 Weeks of pregnancy bliss! Your daughter sounds very sweet, it is great that she was a positive face during that time.

Thanks ladies, she is a sweet wee thing, a strange mix of great insight and normal 6yo just now.  Both mine were born at home and i'm fairly vocal on the safety of that and the lack of safety of routine interventions, the other day there was something in the news here about a taxi driver catching a sudden baby of a woman who was in a block of flats he'd gone to pick up a fare at.  The mama had basically staggered out yelling for help and he'd heard, caught the baby, called the ambulance and then picked his fare up!  Anyway my DD, hearing me and my friend discuss it, piped up "How come taxi drivers and paramedics and random neighbours can deliver babies so well when the doctors mess it up half the time? They should ask them!"  LMAO!  I did gently correct the impression that all doctors "mess it up" but i'm still laughing about it here typing this.

AFM could i please be shunted into waiting to know?  I think i O'd yesterday.  Actually i'm pretty positive - at 7am i had AF-like cramps and then at about 7.50am a sudden "twist" on the right, then the tenderness remained for a few hours then dissipated - i would regard that as fairly definitive O pain.  It was about 8 hours after we'd DTD, unfortunately we were just too tired to do anything but cuddle last night, so we'll have to see how it goes.  I'm sure sperm can live 8 hours in EWCM, right?  And if not, there's always May :D

Oh, while i'm here does anyone know... I'm sure when i've used them in the past the OPK's said to DTD in the 24-48 hours following the surge showing up, but the batch i have now says to NOT DTD for the first 24 hours but to do it before 48 hours.  Is this a new rule, or a different brand thing?  I mean, i don't care too much because a) you gotta do it when the mood engulfs round here in Sleep Deprivation HQ, and b) i'm SURE i ovulated 20 hours after i saw the surge (and had sex 8 hours before) so i guess that's close enough for this month to have SOME chance.  But still, it got me wondering...

Old 04-21-2012, 08:54 AM

Quote:

Hey ladies,
So I am reading "Taking Control of Your Fertility" right now and I am learning how to read my body. I have been recording my CM wrong because I am calling EWCM sticky and creamy EWCM because thats what I thought it was supposed to be. If I am reading my body right I should be ovulating right around this time. I still have a lot of reading to do, so we will see if I am doing this right, but from now on I am just going to record what I see regardless of how crazy or unlikely it seems. We'll know in a month or two if I'm right. Sorry I posted this kind of pointless paragraph but I'm very excited. For the first time ever I feel like I know what the heck is going on.

FreedEm11: I was sooo excited after reading that book and told a bunch of my female clients it was the most interesting book I've read in years. I used to get a lot of CM and never knew and always felt kinda icky about it. Knowing what it is makes me feel empowered, no longer need to feel weird or ashamed about it!

Quote:

nattery That sounds like a great trip! I think it would be so cool to conceive your child in Belgium! Good luck and have fun ;-)

It says Bejing, but I am partial to Belgium as that's where I'm from! Hehe!

Quote:

Originally Posted by GoBecGo View Post

Oh, while i'm here does anyone know... I'm sure when i've used them in the past the OPK's said to DTD in the 24-48 hours following the surge showing up, but the batch i have now says to NOT DTD for the first 24 hours but to do it before 48 hours.  Is this a new rule, or a different brand thing?  I mean, i don't care too much because a) you gotta do it when the mood engulfs round here in Sleep Deprivation HQ, and b) i'm SURE i ovulated 20 hours after i saw the surge (and had sex 8 hours before) so i guess that's close enough for this month to have SOME chance.  But still, it got me wondering...

I hadn't seen this anywhere. I plan on BDing every other day till the OPK turns positive, then every day till it turns faint again. I'm determined to catch that egg this time.

Also at this point, even though we haven't been trying for that long, I'm ready to do anything to help the process along, whether the practice is rooted in science or superstition...

Old 04-21-2012, 11:44 AM

Hey guys, just checking in. :-)  I was BellyBaby2012, that was my supa secret user name while we were ttc and before we told anyone about the pregnancy.  I'm almost 6 weeks now (which is still early, but I'm showing already and telling everyone.)

anyhoo, good luck to all, and have a fertile week/month!

Shelley, mom to dd 5/19/01, ds 9/06/02, and ds 4/01/07.  Lost babe 4/09

belly.gifDue 12/18/12!

Old 04-21-2012, 11:59 AM

Hi Millie Ivy - I am new to the community so I don't remember your old username. CONGRATS on the pregnancy! That's is so great!

Old 04-21-2012, 05:12 PM

FreedEm11 - Beijing/ Belgium, is all good ;) You must be intuitive because my sister is living in Belgium and I to Beijing (what can I say, we're an international family). Must be a "b" word thing because before that we were in Bali. ha.

I don't really have a plan this month since I will be away from my guy on the day I ovulate, AND I have a friend  visiting me from out of town the week before in a small apartment so it's hard to BD but I 'm sure we'll manage. We're fairly active in that department, and sometimes I think my partner is too active...  we'd BD 3 x a day if it was up to him. I'm almost worried he is going to deplete his resources :P but I'm trying to not be worrisome and put too much anxiety as possible on BD'ing. I would like it to be as fun and as natural as possible (but it's hard to not influence when we do it since we both know when I O).

Wishing everyone else here a productive month! It would be nice to see a few more dragon babies born in the year.

Old 04-21-2012, 11:10 PM

Nattery - I think it's a great idea not to worry or think about bding or ttc too much but I know know know know how sometimes it's the only thing you can think about. The whole time I have been trying to just be non-chalant (sp?) about it but it's so exciting. It cracks me up when people say "just don't try" because once you know when you O it's nearly impossible NOT to try. LOL

Either way have fun with your boy (quietly =P) and hopefully it will result in an awesome dragon baby!

Old 04-22-2012, 06:42 AM

MillieIvy Welcome back as you!  I'm glad things are going well and that your TTC was short.  

FreedEm11 TCOYF is a great book.  It makes you realize what your body is actually doing, which can definitely help for timing with TTC.  Good luck and use it well 

Doularebekah I'm sorry you were disappointed.  

GoBecGo I agree with Dakipode, I generally do every other day for 4-6 days or so before I think I will O then every day I get an OPK +.  I am not sure if that is right, just what I have read, (I think it is actually called the SMEP, sperm meets egg plan smile.gif ) 

AFM Out again this month, AF showed up this morning, just like clockwork.  9 day LP is apparently all I am ever going to get.  Hopefully someday it will be enough.  Honestly after 8 months of trying I am so frustrated.  I know many people try longer and with more challenges, but my family is full of surprise babies and at the moment 3 of my best friends are pregnant, including 1 surprise and 1 on the first try, who keeps saying, "I really didn't expect this to happen so fast.  we were really hoping to be pregnant in 6 months or so."  I really didn't think it would take so long and I just look at other people and think, why do you get to have a baby and I dont?  I try to remember what someone posted here a couple months ago, that its not like it is the last baby on the shelf, they didnt take "our" baby, but it is hard to remember sometimes.  Sorry for the crabby post.  I wasn't really even super hopeful this month, I just really hate starting a new cycle.  

I am 29, married to DH for 2 years with 2 crazy pups and, after what feels like a huge wait (shorter than many, longer than wanted!), we are expecting our first little one April 2013.joy.gif

Old 04-22-2012, 07:36 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

I understand New to TTC. It's so hard when you've been trying etc and there hasn't been any luck in that department. Loads of baby dust your way. At least it's in the drinking water where you are! Drink up! thumb.gif

Loving wife to DH  mama to DS1 3/13/09 , DS2 4/20/11   and DS3 1/12/13 Professional and attempting to  while     
Old 04-22-2012, 08:11 AM

And cycle number 3 without donations.... Another UTI as well. Hmph!

I did ovulate rather early it seems, so maybe the Vitex is fixing my LP?

43 w/Emphysema - TTC from 2005 - 2013. 2 miscarriages in 2008. Good things do not come to those who wait.

Old 04-22-2012, 10:12 AM

AFM Out again this month, AF showed up this morning, just like clockwork.  9 day LP is apparently all I am ever going to get.  Hopefully someday it will be enough.  Honestly after 8 months of trying I am so frustrated.  I know many people try longer and with more challenges, but my family is full of surprise babies and at the moment 3 of my best friends are pregnant, including 1 surprise and 1 on the first try, who keeps saying, "I really didn't expect this to happen so fast.  we were really hoping to be pregnant in 6 months or so."  I really didn't think it would take so long and I just look at other people and think, why do you get to have a baby and I dont?  I try to remember what someone posted here a couple months ago, that its not like it is the last baby on the shelf, they didnt take "our" baby, but it is hard to remember sometimes.  Sorry for the crabby post.  I wasn't really even super hopeful this month, I just really hate starting a new cycle.  

Newtottc, I so know how you feel!  My DH kept pushing off TTCing for years because he assumed it would happen right away.  On the other hand, I always had a "feeling" it would be hard to concieve for me, but I also kind of thought it would happen by now (we've been kind of trying since January, but charting last cycle and this cycle).  It is so hard seeing others close to you (or not close even! haha) get pregnant, I know how that feels.  I'm sorry for your AF arriving!

I'm still waiting to O, I think, unless it happened yesterday, my temp rose from 97.4 to 97.5 this morning, but I still "feel" fertile down there!  sorry, TMI.  Enjoy the rest of your weekend, wherever you are!  

28 years old, married 6 years to a 27 year old geek.gif man, with cat.gifcat.gifdog2.gif and we have been TTCing seven cycles since Jan. 2012.  Samuel 1:19 "...and the LORD remembered her."

Old 04-22-2012, 12:01 PM

Hey newtoTTC,

Just sending a little love and support!

Though we haven't been at it as long as you have I feel I understand and share your frustration.

My AF showed up 5 days ago and initially I was disappointed of course. Now, the past couple of days have actually been peaceful. A nice break from obsessing...

firsttimettc, I haven't seen your chart but I must say that my temp shift has historically been pretty big. One tenth seems questionable, but you know your body best of course.

Old 04-22-2012, 12:35 PM

Newtottc- BD and posting at the same time? Now THAT'S talent! I am impressed! smile.gif
Old 04-22-2012, 02:45 PM

Can you add me to the waiting to O list...thanks wink1.gif

Old 04-22-2012, 05:45 PM

Please move me to Waiting to O! Thx :)

Bebe (37) & Hubby (37) married since 2010 and have one sweet girl (1).
Old 04-22-2012, 06:00 PM

Newtottc - I completely understand the frustration. My DH and I honestly thought we would become pregnant on our honeymoon. It's been 13 cycles now and sometimes I just can't believe it has taken us so long. It seems like all my friends are accidentally getting pregnant, and it can become very frustrating. I like what you said about them not taking "our" baby. I will definitely keep that in mind.

Everyone else - Sorry about being moved to waiting to O. Here's to next month being CRAZY successful!! partytime.gif

AFM - I am on cycle day 39. IDK why FF is showing March 14 as cycle day 1 when I didn't enter any info on that day... oh well. Anyway, I'm on cycle day 39 and still no AF or any signs that she is on her way (I can usually tell). I COMPLETELY missed February, and it's looking like it might be another month of no AF at all... *sigh* so frustrating.

Old 04-23-2012, 03:26 AM - Thread Starter

New threads up! http://www.mothering.com/community/t/1351395/the-one-thread-april-22-29

Doula, teacher, designer, maker. Living above the mangroves, looking out over the water in beautiful Aotearoa with my husband, our dear friends and a little grey cat.

Tags
Trying To Conceive
User Tag List