13 DPO AND A BFN.... ;( - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 22 Old 04-19-2012, 11:46 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Hi Guys... I'm TTC third baby!!

I have 28 day cycles to the DAY!   So... theory says I should Ovulate on CD 14 = 1st April  

But I didnt Ovulate until 5 days later on CD 19 = 6th April..  AF was due to arrive on 16th April it's now 19th April so AF is 3 days late.  BUT....i got a BFN on HPT but a almost +OPK... 

I've read that some ladies OPK's have detected the HCG before HPT's.. ??

Also.. as I ovulated on CD19 rather than CD15 does this mean that AF is due 14 days after Ovulation so my AF is now due on

CD 33 beacause I ovulated "late"         (Ovulated CD19 + 14 days = CD 33)   ????

Thanks in advance... I'm confused.. I've been getting alot of the symptoms... which I didnt notice with my first 2 pregnancies..

#2 of 22 Old 04-19-2012, 12:02 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 15 Post(s)

I found this link about using an OPK as a pregnancy test.

It doesn't sound very reliable.  Can you get a blood test?

http://www.peeonastick.com/opkhpt.html

I wouldn't say that because you ovulated late your AF would necessarily be late also.  It's possible, but not definite.  The luteal phase can vary quite a bit.

Married to a wonderful woman since 2010. Baby boy C arrived in June 2013!

Check out our User Agreement.
#3 of 22 Old 04-19-2012, 02:40 PM - Thread Starter

Fingers crossed AF is not late... I'm planning to go to my doctors on Monday for a blood test.. i'll have to wait for the results so thats going to be frustrating... I'm going to look up the link you gave me...  hopefully my +OPK is a good sign!!!!!

Thanks for the advise.. I signed up earlier today.. You are my first response....thumb.gif

#4 of 22 Old 04-19-2012, 02:53 PM

That's a bummer you have to wait until Monday!

Welcome.gif

#5 of 22 Old 04-20-2012, 01:25 PM - Thread Starter

thanks.gif FOR THE LOVELY WELCOME...thumb.gif

Although... I have what may prove to be bad news...  14 DPO today and bleeding... I guess I'm out this month... but.. this does not quite feel like my usual AF ( Trust me Im a realist.. it is what it is) So im not talking myself into believing I may still have a chance this cycle..

Feels a little lighter.. but I guess the next few days will confirm if its a wait til I next OV....

Disappointed... but hey.. praying.gif

But hey Pokeycip..  How's life treating you?  xx

#6 of 22 Old 04-20-2012, 01:43 PM

Mz J, I'm sorry things didn't work out better.  Our cycles can be so unpredictable that it drives you crazy!  Sometimes you just don't know what happened.  I wish you all the best of luck in the future.  There are lots of trying to conceive threads here that you can join and get to know folks and get lots of helpful info.  Life's treating me pretty well.  I am flying out to visit my family tonight.  I'm 6DPO and waiting and waiting...

#7 of 22 Old 04-20-2012, 02:00 PM - Thread Starter

Thanks for your support...  I hope the visit to your family distracts you a little from the WAIT..  

Fingers crossed all goes well for you this cycle...  xx

#8 of 22 Old 04-20-2012, 06:51 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)

I know how you feel. I am TTC-ing a third baby too, first was a stillborn so I have an only child right now. I was really hopeful about this month but just like clock work my cervix dipped 4 days before my AF is due. I still have to wait 4 days to see if it is really over though.

belly.gif1***5****10****15****20****25****30****35heartbeat.gif***40babygirl.gif

#9 of 22 Old 04-20-2012, 10:07 PM

what were your symptoms??

TTC since July 2011  neg.gif

BFP on April 27th 2012   thumbsup.gif pos.gifjoy.gif

Gave birth to a BEAUTIFUL baby girl January 10th 2013. Never have been so blessed!

Baby Dust to everyone!!

dust.gif

#10 of 22 Old 04-21-2012, 09:25 AM - Thread Starter

Sorry to hear of your loss..xx      

I'm defo out this month.. AF came on April 20th.  But I've estimated when I should OV and when AF is due in May so I have no choice but to play the waiting game... Ooo and purchase some more OPK's.    (Still have enough Pre Natal tablest tho!)

My cycles have been solid 28 days for well...ever really.  But since coming off BC last month this cycle has been 32 days.. Which I don't think is to bad really considering my body has to get used to not having those hormones in my system.    Plus.. I just realised that my Luteal Phase was bang on 14 days..  so another plus sign as I've read that its "normal" to have AF 14 days after you OV.....

But... back to the point which I wondered off. !!!  Hey Bailey B... Hope that Nasty AF stays away and you get a BFP... pos.gif  Let me know.. If she does.. Don't lose hope theres always next month...xx

#11 of 22 Old 04-21-2012, 09:30 AM - Thread Starter

Welcome.gifHEY MY FELLOW NEWBIE....

#12 of 22 Old 04-21-2012, 02:53 PM

Hey thanks! Yesterday my cervix was up one minute and down the next and today it is back up and still firm (hmmmmm...), I have been peeing a lot more, and my boobs are still really sore...like I can feel each mammary gland. I ordered some cheap pregnancy tests online that are suppose to come about the time AF is due.

belly.gif1***5****10****15****20****25****30****35heartbeat.gif***40babygirl.gif

#13 of 22 Old 04-22-2012, 09:45 AM - Thread Starter

Hey BaileyB......  I have no idea how to test the position of my Cervix, I don't know if it being up is good or bad and so on.... I'll research!!   My womb is tilted back so would this make it more difficult?

I never experienced sore boobs with my two previous pregnancies, but everyone is different and knows what is odd or normal for their body.  The weird thing for me is I had all the symptoms of pregnancy such as extra tired, dizzy, high temperature, back ache and stomach cramps I  I just felt crappy -   I NEVER feel like this before a period I only feel bloated with a few stomach twinges and back ache.

Now I'm actually bleeding I don't feel crappy at all, I feel great... I stopped the Birth Control Patch Mid March so I don't know if that's the reason for the light blood flow.  I have a few small drops on my pad but sometimes when I pee there is blood in it. But I can pee and there is not blood at all only a little pinkish when I wipe.     I Know... TMI... 

My periods are usually very dark red and the blood is thick, sometimes with clots.  They last for 5-6 days, generally half way through I get very very hot and moody.  Just weird that I had all the symptoms before bleeding and none now...

My question is,  do you guys think that this is an actual Period, Vaginal bleeding, Implantation Bleeding 

I had a bleed at 14DPO and "PERIOD" 4 days late

SO CONFUSED BUT TRYING NOT TO LET IT STRESS ME WHEN I JUST WANNA SCREAMMMMM.....angry.gif

#14 of 22 Old 04-23-2012, 05:16 AM

Hmmm. I'm not sure if it is a real period or not. With my daughter I had implantation bleeding for 12 days that I thought was my period but really light.

#15 of 22 Old 04-23-2012, 11:34 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaileyB View Post

Hmmm. I'm not sure if it is a real period or not. With my daughter I had implantation bleeding for 12 days that I thought was my period but really light.

I took a test today and got a neg.gif (today is 17DPO) I'm now fine with the fact that I'm unsuccessful this cycle....surrender.gif  

It's my own fault really,  although it was both exciting and nerve racking waiting NOT to see AF , I had'nt actually prepared myself for not having a pos.gif

I'm pretty much over the disappointment... and om.gif until approx 2 weeks when i hopefully OV next...

#16 of 22 Old 04-24-2012, 06:09 AM

Yeah thats the good thing is that its usually only another 2 weeks unitl the next egg. Good luck!

#17 of 22 Old 04-24-2012, 12:48 PM - Thread Starter

Thank you... Not to long to wait now.. If I ovulate on CD19 like last cycle...  It's my daughters birthday.. may be good luck!!!

BaileyB...  is your AF due today...   Lets hope that dreaded witch stays away... well for a good 9 months anyway!!

Keep me posted... wish you luck   xx

#18 of 22 Old 04-24-2012, 01:08 PM

It's due tomorrow or tonight-ish. I did end up getting a positive test this afternoon though! It will be a new years eve baby. (except both my kids have come 2 weeks early)

#19 of 22 Old 04-30-2012, 02:12 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaileyB View Post

It's due tomorrow or tonight-ish. I did end up getting a positive test this afternoon though! It will be a new years eve baby. (except both my kids have come 2 weeks early)

CONGRATULATIONS..... Awwww... Such good news...joy.gif    You must of been over joyed!!!    (Apologies for the late reply!)

Wish you a comfortable pregnancy.. did you suffer from bad Morning sickness in previous pregnancies.... Mine was real bad... ewww just thinking about!!

xx

#20 of 22 Old 04-30-2012, 09:58 PM

I'm also really curious but can't figure out how to post a thread so maybe you guys can help me out? I'm sorry just seems like you had some of the same questions I did. I'm TTC a first child.  Last month (march) I tried for the first time on the 28, 29, and 30 (the days I was ovulating according to ovulation tests). Then I got AF on the 15th like clockwork. I was really bummed, but then something very unusual happened. I haven't EVER spotted between my periods, but yesterday and today, I have been, as well as small clots (sorry if it's TMI). I don't know what this means. I haven't had any pain but I was throwing up all day yesterday. I'm not sure what to do, because I'm still getting negatives on at home tests. I'm not sure if this could be implantation bleeding, a miscarriage, or what. I'm so confused and nervous. Is it possible I'm pregnant and still had a period as well as negative tests after trying exactly 4 weeks ago???? (Sorry so long)

Please help :(

#21 of 22 Old 05-01-2012, 08:15 AM

There's a box up at the top that says "Start a New Thread."  If you click on that you can start your own thread. 

I'm sorry I don't know what's going on with you.  It's definitely not implantation bleeding because implantation should definitely occur in the 2 weeks after ovulation.  It is possible to be pregnant and still have bleeding.  Can you take a blood test and/or talk to your doctor?

I would also like to point out that ovulation tests don't tell you when you ovulate.  They tell you when you are about to ovulate.  When you get a positive you usually ovulate within 24-36 hours after the positive.  You only ovulate on one day, and you need to get the swimmers in there beforehand so it sounds like your timing was pretty good.  Welcome and good luck to you!

#22 of 22 Old 05-07-2012, 10:17 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trying4Baby View Post

I'm also really curious but can't figure out how to post a thread so maybe you guys can help me out? I'm sorry just seems like you had some of the same questions I did. I'm TTC a first child.  Last month (march) I tried for the first time on the 28, 29, and 30 (the days I was ovulating according to ovulation tests). Then I got AF on the 15th like clockwork. I was really bummed, but then something very unusual happened. I haven't EVER spotted between my periods, but yesterday and today, I have been, as well as small clots (sorry if it's TMI). I don't know what this means. I haven't had any pain but I was throwing up all day yesterday. I'm not sure what to do, because I'm still getting negatives on at home tests. I'm not sure if this could be implantation bleeding, a miscarriage, or what. I'm so confused and nervous. Is it possible I'm pregnant and still had a period as well as negative tests after trying exactly 4 weeks ago???? (Sorry so long)

Please help :(

Welcome.gifHi Hun,  Was AF on the 15th a usual flow or was it light.  I've read that bleeding around the time of AF may not actually be AF... If its lighter it could be signs of pregnancy but may not be...( Not trying to get your hopes up)   The spotting in between may be due to pregnancy but also could be that this month your body is just doing something different.  Factors other than pregnancy could contribute to the spotting... I guess there is no way to know other than leaving it another week and testing.. Ive read many women have what they think are AF's each month but as we can not get a period whilst pregnant as the body can not support a baby and a period at the same time, they presume there having AF during pregnancy.   

In a nutshell... (im babbling on!!)      Either you had a real AF and your not pregnant OR the bleeding from the 15th was not AF and you are Pregnant but the pregnancy tests are not positive because you are not producing enough HCG yet.. some women do not get positive's until later on in pregnancy!!

The female body is a weird and wonderful thing, but lets be honest - a pain in the back side aswell ... lol

Tags
Trying To Conceive

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page