How will you announce your pregnancy to family, friends and facebook? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 11 Old 04-19-2012, 09:10 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I know there was an older thread about this, but I want to hear new ideas on how everyone will announce their pregnancies to family, friends and on facebook.  Any cool, funny, original ideas?

28 years old, married 6 years to a 27 year old geek.gif man, with cat.gifcat.gifdog2.gif and we have been TTCing seven cycles since Jan. 2012.  Samuel 1:19 "...and the LORD remembered her."

#2 of 11 Old 04-20-2012, 04:42 AM

I am getting married in August, so if we're 12 weeks by then (lets hope!) we're going to announce it at the wedding in front of friends and family... can't think of a better time!

#3 of 11 Old 04-20-2012, 04:48 AM

Also, had we've become pregnant this cycle, we would have been due Dec. 21, 2012, we joked about posting on facebook, "well we now know how the world is going to end, our spawn will be unleashed on the world" (we're jokers, what can we say, and have a reputation for being a little wacky and weird)

#4 of 11 Old 04-20-2012, 07:51 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by nattery View Post

Also, had we've become pregnant this cycle, we would have been due Dec. 21, 2012, we joked about posting on facebook, "well we now know how the world is going to end, our spawn will be unleashed on the world" (we're jokers, what can we say, and have a reputation for being a little wacky and weird)

Haha! That is hilarious!  It's definitely original! smile.gif  I like the idea of telling everyone at your wedding.  I would like to tell as many close family members at the same time in person, but I'm not sure if thats possible since most of my family lives in another country!  

28 years old, married 6 years to a 27 year old geek.gif man, with cat.gifcat.gifdog2.gif and we have been TTCing seven cycles since Jan. 2012.  Samuel 1:19 "...and the LORD remembered her."

#5 of 11 Old 04-20-2012, 08:09 AM

One of my friends and I made a pact, years ago, that there were two occasions on which we would send each other a text message containing the single word "YES". One when we're engaged to be married and the other one when we're pregnant... I sooo look forward to being able to do that!

From the previous thread I still think the Egyptian flu one is hilarious and I may use that one on FB.

Now that I am a mom I no longer have time for knit.gif,teapot2.GIF,read.gif
#6 of 11 Old 04-22-2012, 09:34 AM - Thread Starter

Dakipode....I like that pact idea! It's so cute and fun.  I also remember the Egyptian flu one, that would be hilarious, not sure if my DH would like to do it so comically though.  I know I won't be posting a pregnancy test stick or an ultrasound picture (unless it looks REALLY cute 20 weeks and on).  SO I'm not sure how we'll reveal just yet....I need a BFP first! haha.

#7 of 11 Old 04-22-2012, 11:17 AM

I don't think we'll do anything cutesy with the family and close friends. Just a plain simple, "we're pregnant!"

On facebook, I still plan to put "In __ weeks, I'm getting a promotion and a new title: mommy!"

wannabmomkt likes this.

Children's librarian, married to J since 5/12, with 3 cat.gifand 1 crazy dog2.gif. TTC #1, planning on femalesling.GIF, bfinfant.gif, and cd.gif.

#8 of 11 Old 05-01-2012, 08:16 AM

I know it's been a while since you started this thread but this came up this morning as I was brushing my hair, getting ready for the day, and noticed that I now have two grey hairs instead of one.

I thought I would update my status today to: apparently having kids is not a prerequisite for having your hair turn grey.

And then I thought, if I posted that today, then maybe someday I could post: now ready for more grey hair... It would be pretty cryptic but the people who follow your status update frequently, i.e. your closest friends, might remember the reference...

Actually, now that I've had a bit more time to think about it I think I will write: is expecting more grey hair after "due date"

Now that I am a mom I no longer have time for knit.gif,teapot2.GIF,read.gif
#9 of 11 Old 05-01-2012, 03:27 PM

i never announced it, I just waited for people to catch on :)

Mama to DD(4) energy.gif&  DS baby.gif

#10 of 11 Old 05-10-2012, 07:49 AM

I dont know yet, in my context its kind of complicated having a child outside marriage is oooh taboo! we've started BD while our marriage is planned for the end of this year, though fianced we don't have the right to live under the same roof it would be sacriligeous! So I will let everyone figure it out, my parents especially my mum will probably not talk to me in a very looong time but I dont know I've become so obsessed with my own child that it gives me the courage to look past that. I don't really put very personnal stuf on facebook so I won't make any announcement there if I post a picture with a round belly thats probably how my facebook friends will get to know.

pos.gif for #1  carefully threadingthe path to motherhood heartbeat.gif

#11 of 11 Old 05-12-2012, 12:12 PM

We're TTC right now and have been for a couple months, so if we get pregnant this cycle (fingers crossed) I'll be far enough along to announce it to both of our parents and siblings on our vacation to Cape Cod this July.  Both families are going together, and we don't live in the same city as any of them, so it would be too perfect to be able to announce it to everyone in person at the same time!  For facebook, I want to post a photo in the style of LOL Cats - a photo of us holding the ultrasound pic, and across the top of the pic the text says "Oh jeez you guyz, guess wut??"  and on the bottom of the pic it says "We can haz baby".  

Tags
Trying To Conceive

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page