The ONE Thread April 22 - 29 - Page 2 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 04-25-2012, 05:11 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Hope everyone is having a smooth day today smile.gif

AFM: Currently 13DPO, no real urge to test... Hubby is leaving for a deployment on Saturday, so I'll be keeping an eye on y'all and cheering you on...

dust.gif

Mama to DD(4) energy.gif&  DS baby.gif

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-25-2012, 08:34 PM

I've been quiet the last week or so... gearing up to O in a few days but will be away from my partner and with my bf in Beijing so who knows. I'm not going to chart while I'm in Beijing so I'm wondering if it will do me some good or drive me crazy that I won't be able to pinpoint O ... who knows! It may be a relief or it may just drive me over the edge nuts.

I'm keeping an eye on all the girls here, hoping and wishing for the best for everyone!

Old 04-26-2012, 09:39 AM

Hi all, I'm new to the TTC board.  I have a 2 year old, and DP and I started TTC last month (no luck!), so I'm waiting to O.  I'm going to start charting this month to try and figure out when I ovulate for sure.  I'm one of the lucky(?) ones who can feel which side I'm ovulating on, but I'm not sure if the sensation is pre or post O.

I had a cone biopsy for severe cervical dysplasia in August and had to wait six months for a clear follow up, so that's done, but I worry that I may have issues TTC because of the surgery.  Only time will tell.  Got a BFP after the first try last time, so I was convinced it would be the same this time.   I've started take EPO as I've read that CM can be affected by the procedure.

So that's me.  

Good luck to everyone!

Megan - DP Mike - DS Jack (Feb 2010)

****5****10****15****20****25****30****35**stillheart.gif*40**

Old 04-26-2012, 11:01 AM

Hi. Can you please move me to Waiting to be ready? My hcg was 6.4 this week and I've been advised to wait to try until it's all the way to zero. I hope to join you all next month!

Good luck everyone.

S (35yo) wife to T (36yo) and mamma to my princess M (5/10/10).  After 3 losses in 2012, found an AMAZING doctor and gave birth to baby sister S on 11/12/13.
Old 04-26-2012, 12:55 PM

Thank you Maydaymom!  I hope his swimmers are strong!  I'm sorry about your DS, is he feeling better?  When do you get to test?  Did you already?

Thanks Tropicalfever for the insight!  I often dream of my SIL's and their babies....I'm hoping it will be my time soon!  

Wannabmomkt,  it's good to know that ovulation occurs on different days!  This is only my second month charting and I'm still trying to learn.  Good luck with your 2WW!

Nattery, have fun with your friend visiting!  I hope there is sometime in there you can maybe BD!  redface.gif

aHikaru, I hope you get a BFP soon, with a sticky baby!  must be hard with your DH leaving, blessings to you!

Nearlyelated, welcome to the board!  This forum is so supportive, I'm so thankful for all the lovely ladies on here to help me through the TTCing!   I hope your TTC time is short!

As for me, I'm pretty bummed today.  As I said, this is only my second month charting and temping so this month I was aiming all our BDing for last month's O-date, which was CD11.  We BD'd four times around this date (see chart below) and it looked like my O was arriving later.  I warned my DH that we should BD again after our last time on Monday and somehow this didn't register for him.  I had sneaking suspicion I was O-ing yesterday (Wednesday).  SO when I got home from my crazy busy 13 hour day, I asked him to have sex with me.  We talked and had a mini arguement about it for 45 min!  I could not convince him to BD!  He says he doesn't like "baby-sex", what a jerk.  It was late....but not that late, and we could've done it twice in the time it took us to talk about it. 

Anyways, I woke up this morning and sure enough, my temp spiked.  I O'd yesterday (most likely) and we missed a good timed BD.  I know sperm can live in fertile CM for 5 days or so....and thats what I've been clinging to the previous months of TTCing, but it hasn't worked so far for us....so this month I really wanted to BD more.  I don't get a lot of EWCM and I have a feeling my DH's sperm isn't super healthy.  I feel so annoyed we tried so hard this month and my DH just decides to give up when we need it the most.  ughh.  I'm praying praying.gif it did work!  (on another note....I feel a tad crampy and my breasts are sore....which never happens around O for me, so who knows!!!  I know its so early to obsess over symptoms, I'm crazy that way!).  

Any BFP's out there to brighten my day?  gloomy.gif

<a href="http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/3b78a9/">My Ovulation Chart</a>

28 years old, married 6 years to a 27 year old geek.gif man, with cat.gifcat.gifdog2.gif and we have been TTCing seven cycles since Jan. 2012.  Samuel 1:19 "...and the LORD remembered her."

Old 04-27-2012, 04:00 AM

firsttimettc i feel so bad for you! :(  If it's any comfort my OH is kind of the same way (i don't know if he'd "refuse" to BD, but i sure know he'd have a really hard time doing it if "it's time" was the reason rather than "i just really want to", to the point that i'd never ASK him to BD verbally, i just go for a seduction!).  I pretty much "save up" the baby sex for the day before and/or of ovulation.  I mean, we DTD other times, when the mood takes, but i don't try to BD lots because i know if we begin doing it every other day at the start of my fertile period he will be out by the time i'm getting close to ovulation, and i don't mention ovulation until afterwards (i.e. i will tell him "i ovulated, maybe we made a baby", but not "if we want to make a baby we need to do it now").  I think for some guys, and maybe you're OH is one, they feel devalued by the process.  I know OH likes to feel i want to BD to be close to him, not just because i want his sperm and that's how i get it, iykwim?  It seems weird to think of THEM being fragile about it when it's us who have to drive ourselves half nuts trying to figure out when we're ovulating, if we're pregnant and THEN carry and give birth to the baby, but i know for OH he's just a bit of a romantic about our intimacy and doesn't want to feel like a timed donor.  He wants to feel the baby that came out of a spontaneous loving expression of affection.  Which to me is very romantic but possibly not really very realistic.  I'm sure you're in with a good chance this cycle ANYWAY, but if you go to another cycle maybe you could tell him you're taking a break and then switch tactics and keep quiet and seduce at the optimal moment?  Also if you don't feel you have much EWCM - have you tried preseed?  I have a few friends who've had great results with it.  Big hugs to you!

AFM 7DPO now, not convinced i have any symptoms that are pregnancy rather than PMT.  Implantation wouldn't have occurred yet anyway, most likely, so i'm still essentially driving myself mental over "nothing"...grrrr.  I feel starving until i eat then sick as soon as i do the whole time.  I'm exhausted but the toddler's sleep has been terrible the last 2 nights.  I'm trying to decide when to test.  I know my 20mIU tests could work even on CD10, but i only have 3 and i don't want to test -ve on 10,11 and 12 DPO and then have to buy more for if/when AF is ACTUALLY late.  I do have 2 of those fancy clearblue conception calculator tests too, but they're so expensive, i don't want to use those until i'm late...

Old 04-27-2012, 07:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoBecGo View Post

He wants to feel the baby that came out of a spontaneous loving expression of affection.  Which to me is very romantic but possibly not really very realistic.

LOL! I think that's how my DH feels, but I think the idea of a "love child" is just as unrealistic as the white picket fence and 2.5 kids...

I like your tactic of saying you're on a break and then just happen to be in the mood the day it matters. I might try that if we don't succeed this month. I've got a while to go though, still waiting to O.

Part of me wants to throw it back at him and say: Yes, now you know how I felt all those years when you were in the mood and I wasn't but I BD'd with you anyway because I love you... That won't help though and it sure wouldn't go over well. ;-)

Now that I am a mom I no longer have time for knit.gif,teapot2.GIF,read.gif
Old 04-27-2012, 10:19 AM

Hi ladies, I've been lurking for awhile but finally got the nerve to jump in.

Please add me to Waiting To Know (2WW).

This is our first cycle TTC.  I was on the pill for 15 years so I quit the pill a couple months early and charted for 2 cycles to make sure I was ovulating okay before moving on to relaxed TTC.  Charts here:  http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/g2u5us6n4

I really wanted to NTNP and ignore the calendar, but after charting a couple months I couldn't help but be aware of my cycle day, and ovulation pain.  So, I'm pretty sure I O'd yesterday.  Also, even though I stuck with only having sex when we were in the mood/spontaneously, we had a LOT of sex.  I've always been the lower-drive partner in our relationship, but it seems that baby-making really improves my drive!

Now I'm waiting waiting waiting (and actually hopeful).  Ugh.  Test day is May 12th if no AF but I'll wait until May 13th if we're at home (might be visiting the ILs overnight on the 12th).

dog2.gifcrochetsmilie.gif Lovin' my sweetheart, pregnant with #1 (EDD Feb.2013) stork-suprise.gif

Old 04-28-2012, 10:53 AM

Quote:

firsttimettc i feel so bad for you! :(  If it's any comfort my OH is kind of the same way (i don't know if he'd "refuse" to BD, but i sure know he'd have a really hard time doing it if "it's time" was the reason rather than "i just really want to", to the point that i'd never ASK him to BD verbally, i just go for a seduction!).  I pretty much "save up" the baby sex for the day before and/or of ovulation.  I mean, we DTD other times, when the mood takes, but i don't try to BD lots because i know if we begin doing it every other day at the start of my fertile period he will be out by the time i'm getting close to ovulation, and i don't mention ovulation until afterwards (i.e. i will tell him "i ovulated, maybe we made a baby", but not "if we want to make a baby we need to do it now").  I think for some guys, and maybe you're OH is one, they feel devalued by the process.  I know OH likes to feel i want to BD to be close to him, not just because i want his sperm and that's how i get it, iykwim?  It seems weird to think of THEM being fragile about it when it's us who have to drive ourselves half nuts trying to figure out when we're ovulating, if we're pregnant and THEN carry and give birth to the baby, but i know for OH he's just a bit of a romantic about our intimacy and doesn't want to feel like a timed donor.  He wants to feel the baby that came out of a spontaneous loving expression of affection.  Which to me is very romantic but possibly not really very realistic.  I'm sure you're in with a good chance this cycle ANYWAY, but if you go to another cycle maybe you could tell him you're taking a break and then switch tactics and keep quiet and seduce at the optimal moment?  Also if you don't feel you have much EWCM - have you tried preseed?  I have a few friends who've had great results with it.  Big hugs to you!

GoBecGo......Thanks for your insight!  Did you test yet?  Or is it still super early for you?  Now that you say my DH may be feeling devalued, I think that's exactly it.  He's made comments about it before that I'm using him for his sperm.  It's just crazy because over the past 5 years of marriage, we had a lot of regular non-baby making sex.  It just seems he needs to get over himself and accept that we need to have sex to make a baby.  ughh.  but you're right, I should change my tactics a little and especially not tire him out before my Odate. I think I'll use my OPK more than I previously did, I never thought they would be reliable, since they are the cheap internet kinds, but this month they were spot on.  We have preseed and I only used it once with the applicator....perhaps this next cycle I'll use all the way!!

I'm now 3DPO and FF put up the crosshairs and all that today.  I really hope this is the month! I don't think I can take another month of BFN's.  But I have a feeling we didn't do enough.  

Sophieanne...welcome!  Looks like we might be testing around the same time.  Good luck to you!

28 years old, married 6 years to a 27 year old geek.gif man, with cat.gifcat.gifdog2.gif and we have been TTCing seven cycles since Jan. 2012.  Samuel 1:19 "...and the LORD remembered her."

Old 04-28-2012, 11:44 AM

Ugg. I'm need support on resisting the urge to test. I know it's too early (DPO 9). My temps spiked last night after a few days of being lower (although I had a restless sleep due frequent wakings from ds), and I've had some symptoms - most noticeably fatigue - that is just sending off some warning bells. Here's my chart if anyone wants to look. I really want to wait until DPO 13, but I don't know if I can hold off, despite the disappointment I know I'll get with a bfn right now.

[url=http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/28dcd1/]My Ovulation Chart[/url]

Beth - blissfully married to Doug. DS - Liam (5/10) nocirc.gif &  Darcy (2/13). homebirth.jpg waterbirth.jpgNew SAHM & Labor Doula.

babygirl.gif Welcome baby girl! Born at home, in the water, in the caul, and caught by daddy. February 24, 2013!  babygirl.gif

Old 04-28-2012, 02:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dakipode View Post

LOL! I think that's how my DH feels, but I think the idea of a "love child" is just as unrealistic as the white picket fence and 2.5 kids...

I like your tactic of saying you're on a break and then just happen to be in the mood the day it matters. I might try that if we don't succeed this month. I've got a while to go though, still waiting to O.

Part of me wants to throw it back at him and say: Yes, now you know how I felt all those years when you were in the mood and I wasn't but I BD'd with you anyway because I love you... That won't help though and it sure wouldn't go over well. ;-)

I'm glad to read this actually, i wondered if other people would see this as deceitful!  I can see though, there's a lot of things about HIS body/ways that i find very appealing in the moment but that having a conversation about immediately beforehand would NOT be sending me wild!  So i can get that a discussion on the appearance of my cervical fluid is maybe not the most inflaming thing, however much he enjoys the sensations of the reality of it during the act!

Quote:
Originally Posted by firsttimettc View Post

GoBecGo......Thanks for your insight!  Did you test yet?  Or is it still super early for you?  Now that you say my DH may be feeling devalued, I think that's exactly it.  He's made comments about it before that I'm using him for his sperm.  It's just crazy because over the past 5 years of marriage, we had a lot of regular non-baby making sex.  It just seems he needs to get over himself and accept that we need to have sex to make a baby.  ughh.  but you're right, I should change my tactics a little and especially not tire him out before my Odate. I think I'll use my OPK more than I previously did, I never thought they would be reliable, since they are the cheap internet kinds, but this month they were spot on.  We have preseed and I only used it once with the applicator....perhaps this next cycle I'll use all the way!!

I'm now 3DPO and FF put up the crosshairs and all that today.  I really hope this is the month! I don't think I can take another month of BFN's.  But I have a feeling we didn't do enough.  

They're funny creatures aren't they, these men of ours?!  I do think to a large extent baby-making sex increases OH's ardour, but only within the strict boundaries of "it might happen if we do it because we're unprotected!" and not including "let's DTD every day to make sure it happens!".  I did NOT test yet, but i am seriously considering it for tomorrow.  I'll be 9DPO, but then i did O at 8am on Oday (as per my distinct ovulation pang) so my FMU will reflect a full 216 hours since O, rather than 193 (which it would be if i'd O'd at 11pm on Oday).  Can you tell i've been overthinking this!? LMAO!

I have had mild cramps 2 days in a row, i'm tired, my nipples are tender when DD2 nurses, i'm thirsty all. the. time and i have a TON of cervical fluid on the go.  So it's all looking pretty positive really.  Also i felt really warm this morning (rare for me because i'm hypothyroid so though i'm well medicated, i'm still always the cooler end of normal**) and when i took my temp (not BBT, just normal temp at 9am when i'd gotten up, had a shower, dried my hair and was about to make us all pancakes and bacon) and it was 37.4.  It's an aural (ear) thermometer, and up to 37.5C is "normal" with it, but MY normal is 36.9C, up to 37.1C if i've been running about.  So that's pretty warm for me!

**funny story but when i was undx hypothyroid i was trying to use BBT for NFP and i went out and solemnly bought the paper chart and BBT thermometer pack from the pharmacy, got home and found not even my AF temps were ON THE CHART, i was so cold!  My chart went from 35C to 37C and i was never out of the 34's!  Unfortunately i didn't twig and go to the GP!  Unbelievably i was still ovulating back then, despite that (oopsie DD1).

Old 04-29-2012, 03:07 AM

Ok, i tested.

It's in my avatar and also in my photo album twice (once with arrows! the last hope of the lineless i always think, LMAO!).

Fell free to check them out and tell me what you think :D

Old 04-29-2012, 07:53 AM

Quote:

Ok, i tested.

It's in my avatar and also in my photo album twice (once with arrows! the last hope of the lineless i always think, LMAO!).

Fell free to check them out and tell me what you think :D

I can barely make out a faint line -- so congrats! thumb.gif

So are you 9 DPO today (was reading a previous post)? I'm 10 DPO today and really want to test. Didn't get the bfp with ds until 13 DPO, so part of me thinks I'm nuts. But, I feel like I've had a lot of sign (tender nipples, huge fatigue, dizziness while exercising, etc). I'll probably just do it to satisfy the urge knowing it means nothing at this point. 

Are you going to test again over the next few days to confirm?? I think it looks good for you. What great way to start the week.

Beth - blissfully married to Doug. DS - Liam (5/10) nocirc.gif &  Darcy (2/13). homebirth.jpg waterbirth.jpgNew SAHM & Labor Doula.

babygirl.gif Welcome baby girl! Born at home, in the water, in the caul, and caught by daddy. February 24, 2013!  babygirl.gif

Old 04-29-2012, 09:46 AM

And now my cycle is 15 days long, and what looks like another 7-8 day lp. That's 5 cycles with 7-8 day lps. Maybe I need to face my infertility?

sniffle

43 w/Emphysema - TTC from 2005 - 2013. 2 miscarriages in 2008. Good things do not come to those who wait.

Old 04-29-2012, 12:40 PM

Maydaymom10 - Thanks!  I am cautiously optimistic.  I am testing probably every day now until AF comes or it gets definitive! LOL!  I am 9DPO today, so this is a 9DPO test.  I am shocked, as i've only every had fairly faint at 13DPO +ve's, and usually not strong positives until i'm several weeks pregnant (5-7).  But having lost 4 i'm trying hard not to get too excited, it's too early to guess what might happen next.

Stevi- i'm so sorry, have you seen a Dr?  I know LP problems can be helped with some medications, but not sure if you've already investigated that?  Perhaps an endocrinologist could help too?  I know hyperthyroidism can cause short cycles with short LP's in some ladies, maybe you have some kind of imbalance going on that they'd be able to treat?  Anyway hugs to you.

AFM- OH really doesn't see the line, but has been laughing at me all day because i'm nauseous, exhausted, thirsty, peeing lots and generally what he has come to recognise as my pregnant self.  Time will tell, but i bought more tests today (just the cheapie kinds) so i'm excited to take more tomorrow morning.  Suddenly one's FMU begins to be more exciting! LOL!  Also for MONTHS i have been thinking i might get twins, they run in my family and breastfeeding an older child increases the chance of them, so maybe a faint line at 9DPO is an indication of that?  Not sure, will have to wait and see anyway, but i am excited.

Baby-wishes to everyone, i can't wait to see which of us end up with a BFP for a January baby.

Old 04-29-2012, 07:03 PM

I've had my thyroid checked a couple of times, both with good results. As for seeing a doctor, my insurance won't cover any sort of fertility testing, and I cannot afford to pay out of pocket.

This seems to have started after taking a regimine of Soy Isoflavones at rather large doses. Maybe I knocked something out of whack? I'm seriously considering doing it again in a month or so to see if it will knock thiongs back where they belong! But, if I'm going to do that I want it to be when I know I can get donors as well, since it would be silly to waste a possibly good ovulation. LOL Yeah, I know, this sounds kind of idiotic. Sigh

Think Fertile Thoughts!!!

43 w/Emphysema - TTC from 2005 - 2013. 2 miscarriages in 2008. Good things do not come to those who wait.

Old 04-30-2012, 09:14 AM

Hi ladies,

I know there will be a new thread soon but I just wanted to say hi.

I check in here every day and even though I haven't said much lately, I still read everything you guys write. I'm still waiting on AF then we are going to start Clomid. I hope everyone has a great week, bfps for everyone!

I'm going to post the same thing in the new thread.

hola.gif Married to and TTC with my best friend since 03/06/11 luxlove.gif. One angel.gif and hoping for our rainbow!. bouncy.gif In the meantime, just loving life and trusting God.
Old 04-30-2012, 09:21 AM

Stevi - hope you get things sorted out soon. I've heard that soy can sometimes affect estrogen in the body - I know that's why it's recommended for menopausal women - but I have no idea what it could do to a cycle. Maybe it's just your system getting "sorted out" and prepared. With your awesome weight loss (congrats, btw), I'm sure your body is just settling into it's new state. Regardless, I'm sending you happy fertile vibes goodvibes.gif

AFM - so I broke down yesterday & tested = BFN. Seeing it was only DPO 10, I wasn't too worried. Out of my own curiosity, I tested again this morning with FMU and... it looked like a VERY faint line orngbiggrin.gif  I'm not chalking it up to a bfp yet, but I am optimistic. I didn't even bother posting a pic, because it was that faint. Needless to say, I'm headed over to the $$ store to pick up some more tests to feed my obsession. I'll keep you posted.

Old 04-30-2012, 09:46 AM

GOBECGO and MAYDAYMOM10.................congrats on your BFP!!! PLEASE spread that baby dust to us....I'm pretty low today, analyzing my non-existant symptoms hoping for something that shows I am pregnant.  I really don't think I am.  I'm so happy at least some of us are getting the BFP! or at least the faint ones....haha.  

Old 04-30-2012, 11:20 AM

dust.gif to everyone!

I tested again!  They're in my avatar, 10dpo and pos.gif  Even poor colourblind OH can see them!

I am exhausted and SICK today, and peeing loads, in fact i'm worrying about it being twins because with my previous pregnancies i have never been sick before 5.5 weeks and never tested +ve before 13dpo!

Old 04-30-2012, 11:37 AM

Mentioned: 48 Post(s)
Quoted: 11 Post(s)

GoBecGo: For what it's worth, I'm pregnant with one and tested + at 9 DPO and M/S started the next day--lasted until about 2 weeks ago. Congratulations! Hoping you get just what you want, whether that's twins or a single baby!

Old 04-30-2012, 11:44 AM

Mentioned: 48 Post(s)
Quoted: 11 Post(s)

stevi: I'm sorry for your past few trick cycles. It's not over til it's over though, and it sounds like it's not yet over! Keep your chin up! I hope your donors work out this cycle.

AFM: I've been lurking, just never really posting anything. I tried a couple of times but my computer decided that it wasn't a fan of the forum and refused to let me submit anything. I got sick of the struggle and gave up. I guess it's finally working again!

Welcome to all of the new members! As others have said, I hope your stay is short!

Quick update: We have our gender scan in about 2 1/2 weeks (20 weeks). Can't wait! Kind of hoping it's a girl, but I won't be disappointed if it's a boy. Got to see the little one do a somersualt on an ER ultrasound last week (precautionary check up after slipping and falling REALLY hard in my garage). All is well with the babe and looking forward to having a pic to post in a few weeks if anyone's interested.

Hoping for more BFPs! lurk.gif

Old 04-30-2012, 04:19 PM

Yay!!!!!! GoBecGo and Mayday

*chants* more pics more pics more pics
Firsttimettc - dust.gif

hola.gif Married to and TTC with my best friend since 03/06/11 luxlove.gif. One angel.gif and hoping for our rainbow!. bouncy.gif In the meantime, just loving life and trusting God.
Old 04-30-2012, 09:39 PM

Waiting to O is not as agonizing as 2WW but it is testing my patience none the less. I just looked up the calendar and figured if we catch the egg this cycle I might be having a Valentine's day baby... Let's hope so!

Good luck this week everyone!

And I agree with FreedEm11: more pics needed of BFPs, GoBecGo and maydaymom10!!! Show us what we're working towards!

Now that I am a mom I no longer have time for knit.gif,teapot2.GIF,read.gif
Old 04-30-2012, 10:10 PM

Please move me to Waiting to Know! :)

Bebe (37) & Hubby (37) married since 2010 and have one sweet girl (1).
Old 05-01-2012, 03:11 AM - Thread Starter

New threads up! http://www.mothering.com/community/t/1352070/the-one-thread-april-29-may-5

Doula, teacher, designer, maker. Living above the mangroves, looking out over the water in beautiful Aotearoa with my husband, our dear friends and a little grey cat.

Tags
Trying To Conceive
User Tag List