The ONE Thread April 22 - 29 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 56 Old 04-23-2012, 02:13 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

WELCOME TO THE "ONE" THREAD  for April 22-29!!!

posted by alexisyael in 2004:

The One Thread is designed for all on the MDC board. No matter where you are in your cycle, you are welcome to join the One Thread! We are also open to those who are "Waiting to be Ready" for one reason or another. We continue to embrace those of us who have become pregnant as well. Feel free to jump in at any time and introduce yourself!

To help keep the list current and manageable, members will be deleted after a month of not posting to a One thread.

Please make add/remove/change requests in Bold.

whistling.gifWaiting to O whistling.gif

aHikaru

baby4makes6

bebelove BFPChart2.gif

dakipode

doularebekah BFPChart2.gif

filiadeluna BFPChart2.gif

jeslynn BFPChart2.gif

KatCooke

Lisoula

LindsayDawn BFPChart2.gif  

livingsky

maia.springgoddess

Mom2IrishBoys BFPChart2.gif

newtoTTC

nattery

Shawnamarie BFPChart2.gif    

SKJ2011 BFPChart2.gif  

Stevi BFPChart2.gif

WildDoula BFPChart2.gif

headscratch.gif Waiting to Know (2WW) headscratch.gif

A2E BFPChart2.gif

aj_18

Angierae BFPChart2.gif

brichole BFPChart2.gif

dbl_my_luv BFPChart2.gif

firsttimettc

Fnord BFPChart2.gif  

FreedEm11 BFPChart2.gif

GoBecGo

jpack BFPChart2.gif

kittenbritches BFPChart2.gif

LindsayDawn BFPChart2.gif   

naynay455 BFPChart2.gif

organicviolin

stegenrae BFPChart2.gif

Tropicalfever

WildDoula BFPChart2.gif

confused.gif WTF IS GOING ON?!?! confused.gif

southernmommie

RavenMadMommy

idea.gif Waiting to be Ready idea.gif

anyalily BFPChart2.gif

candyshells

gratefulstella BFPChart2.gif

imbjer

jeminijad

jlmschirm BFPChart2.gif

John16n33

LisaAdkins20

LivingSky

Michaels-Mommy

nisojon BFPChart2.gif    

samy23 

sleepingbeauty BFPChart2.gif
Texanromaniac BFPChart2.gif
CDsMom1031 BFPChart2.gif
Zyon'sMommy

joy.gif ~ GRADUATES~ joy.gif

Big congrats to you all!!

Graduate Thread in I'm Pregnant

http://www.mothering.com/community/t/1337758/the-one-thread-graduates-december-2011

(the current thread keeper can update the graduate link as needed)

heartbeat.gif April BFP's heartbeat.gif

bellybaby2012

heartbeat.gif February BFP's heartbeat.gif

gozal BFPChart2.gif

Doula, teacher, designer, maker. Living above the mangroves, looking out over the water in beautiful Aotearoa with my husband, our dear friends and a little grey cat.

#2 of 56 Old 04-23-2012, 02:26 AM - Thread Starter

Millie Ivy - Good to see you! So glad to hear you're doing well :)

GoBecGo - Yeah, like others have said I think every other day is the general rule, but once you get a positive OPK I'm pretty sure most people just go for it! 

Stevi - Ack, I'm sorry :( Fingers crossed for next cycle!

Dakipode - I totally know what you mean about the peaceful time after AF comes and goes. At first you're sad and disappointed but there definitely is something so nice about not really having to worry or think about anything for a few weeks until ovulation. 

AFM - First day back at school today and I've been given a new timetable which happens to be really fantastic. Thank goodness! We have Wednesday off for Anzac Day and then I'm taking one of my Science classes on a field trip on Friday, such a great way to start the term!

Doula, teacher, designer, maker. Living above the mangroves, looking out over the water in beautiful Aotearoa with my husband, our dear friends and a little grey cat.

#3 of 56 Old 04-23-2012, 03:54 AM

Hello everyone!

Sorry I missed out a lot I had a terrible malaria attack that pinned me down for almost five days.

Doularebekah:  sorry might not have been this cycle but will most certainly be for the next.

Well for me I think apart from the excitement of TTC, I think I'm heading for a BFN after that malaria attack I dont think there's much hope left plus my body hasn't moved an inch and I just keep having these cramps sinc my ovulation bperiod I'm at CD22 so I'm waiting for AF then I'll go for another round.

Cant't wait to hear the BFPs for April.

Mega hug to everyone

pos.gif for #1  carefully threadingthe path to motherhood heartbeat.gif

#4 of 56 Old 04-23-2012, 06:43 AM

Tropicalfever: that sounds rough! Hope you're recovering well. Good luck to you in the next cycle!

doularebekah: thanks for keeping us all together on this thread! This board is such a great community, I'm so glad I found you and glad to be a part of it!

To all a happy and productive week!!!dust.gif

Now that I am a mom I no longer have time for knit.gif,teapot2.GIF,read.gif
#5 of 56 Old 04-23-2012, 08:18 AM

hey everyone,

Here's to a week of record bfps!! joy.gif

hola.gif Married to and TTC with my best friend since 03/06/11 luxlove.gif. One angel.gif and hoping for our rainbow!. bouncy.gif In the meantime, just loving life and trusting God.
#6 of 56 Old 04-23-2012, 08:41 AM

Hey everybody!

I had to have a wee giggle at the "every other day, then every day" sperm meets egg thing.  If it's going to take that to fall pregnant we'll be stuck with 2!  Between OH's work schedule, 2 kids to contend with, and the general sleep deprivation around here, plus our modest drives (twice a week is normal) there's not a chance we'd manage that!  This month we literally did it once when i was fertile (we did it twice last week too, but i definitely wasn't fertile then) - luckily it happened to be 8 hours before my twist of O pain, but that was good aim rather than good sense!  We seem to be the sort of couple who can most easily overcome our tiredness when i am actually fertile (i.e. we want to dtd more than sleep when i'm about to O!).  

Well, maybe we're in with a small chance anyway.  I'm already nuts about symptoms, on 3DPO!  The first week of the TWW is the worst for me.  No symptoms to obsess over (i mean, i still DO, but i know we're pre-implantation and it's all my imagination!), no "few more days to test" ness.  Just an almost-fortnight stretching ahead of you...

#7 of 56 Old 04-23-2012, 09:41 AM

Dakipode:  I'm doing ok actually resumed work so I guess I'm fine. Good luck to you!!!

FreedEM11:  Love your positive attitude hug2.gif

GoBecGo: I hear you! 4 Days after ovulation I was reading meaning in E-V-E-R-Y-T-H-I-N-G! A headache, a cramp, a slight nausea I was so anxious I would have passed out by now if it wasnt for the malariaROTFLMAO.gif. I'm confident you'll get the BFP!!!

#8 of 56 Old 04-23-2012, 10:04 AM

Hi everyone! I am brand new to TTC and am waiting to ovulate. I'm terribly anxious and cant imagine the waiting period after the IUI!

Good luck to everyone! thumbsup.gif

Me (27) and DW (33) TTC #1

#9 of 56 Old 04-23-2012, 10:58 AM

Hi all!

Welcome, wannabmomkt!!

Tropicalfever and GoBecGo, I'm right there with ya obsessing over every.little.thing!  And I'm only 6ish DPO.  But last night, I went to bed at 8:30pm with the kids, and it was a miracle I kept my eyes open that long.  Must be a symptom, right? ;)

Actually, I don't know what's going on with my chart.  Between our new puppy, and the new neighbor's dogs waking us up at crazy hours, my temp'ing hasn't been consistent.  Also, my thermometer is almost 10 years old now (and only on the second battery), so I'm wondering if it's not so accurate anymore.  I can't imagine I actually had the same temp 3 days in a row as it seemed to indicate.  The only problem is, I've bought others to replace it, but they're SO SLOW, I give up and go back to my old one.

What kind of thermometer to you all use?  Where did you get it?

Homeschooling mama to DS (9/03), DD (VBAC, 4/06) and missing our s (10/4/09 & 12/28/09)
#10 of 56 Old 04-23-2012, 01:17 PM

Hi everyone! New week....I hope more BFP's and no AF's!!!  

FYI.....fertility friend has a great deal for VIP membership if you like their facebook page....check it out if you're too cheap like me to pay the full price for VIP!  

Dbl_my_luv.....I got mine on amazon, it was the one most highest rated.  I forget the brand!  But its specificially made for checking your BBT.

Would any of you wise ladies like to take a peak at my chart?  This is only my second month charting, and I'm wondering if I already ovulated on CD 11.  I ovulated last month on that day, is it normal to ovulate on the same day every cycle?  Sadly, thats not even the day we had sex!!!   My DH said no to sex that day greensad.gif.  I was hoping for more time to BD, I hope what we did was enough!  Thoughts are welcome!  Thank you in advance!!

<a href="http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/3b78a9/">My Ovulation Chart</a>

******20 min later update.....I got a + internet ovulation test strip......definite clear positive.  Does that mean I should have sex ASAP?!?  eeekkk!! I'm so confused!!  

28 years old, married 6 years to a 27 year old geek.gif man, with cat.gifcat.gifdog2.gif and we have been TTCing seven cycles since Jan. 2012.  Samuel 1:19 "...and the LORD remembered her."

#11 of 56 Old 04-23-2012, 02:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by firsttimettc View Post

.I got a + internet ovulation test strip......definite clear positive.  Does that mean I should have sex ASAP?!?  eeekkk!! I'm so confused!!

I would BD ASAP and then every 24 hours until the test strip starts getting fainter... I've read that O can happen anywhere from 24 to 48 hours after the test strip is positive. I figure just pump me full of sperm. lol.gif

Good luck!

Now that I am a mom I no longer have time for knit.gif,teapot2.GIF,read.gif
#12 of 56 Old 04-23-2012, 02:46 PM

Hi doularebeka. Can you add me to the 2ww list? I'm new to this thread, but not to the MDC community. We're hoping we caught the egg for #2. Here a link to my FF chart:

[url=http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/28dcd1/]My Ovulation Chart[/url]

Thanks

Beth - blissfully married to Doug. DS - Liam (5/10) nocirc.gif &  Darcy (2/13). homebirth.jpg waterbirth.jpgNew SAHM & Labor Doula.

babygirl.gif Welcome baby girl! Born at home, in the water, in the caul, and caught by daddy. February 24, 2013!  babygirl.gif

#13 of 56 Old 04-23-2012, 02:52 PM

Quote:

******20 min later update.....I got a + internet ovulation test strip......definite clear positive.  Does that mean I should have sex ASAP?!?  eeekkk!! I'm so confused!!  

Get dancing! But you don't have to do it ASAP -- but today for sure and several days after. When I got pregnant with ds, we bd's at least once a day for about 4-5 days. The sperm can "hang out" in there an catch the egg even if you haven't o'd yet. But, the more chances they get to catch that egg, the better. Good luck! 

Beth - blissfully married to Doug. DS - Liam (5/10) nocirc.gif &  Darcy (2/13). homebirth.jpg waterbirth.jpgNew SAHM & Labor Doula.

babygirl.gif Welcome baby girl! Born at home, in the water, in the caul, and caught by daddy. February 24, 2013!  babygirl.gif

#14 of 56 Old 04-23-2012, 03:02 PM

GoBecGo - I totally know what you mean, obsessing over symptoms. I usually have to force myself to forget I am even trying to have a baby (which isn't actually possible) or I worry I might go insane.

Wannabmomkt - Welcome! I hope you get your bfp right away! Is this your first month ttc? Do you have a fertlity friend chart? I personally love looking at them.

Dbl_my_luv - I just use an off brand digital bbt that I bought at Walmart. It doesn't seem that slow but there have been a couple of times where I accidentally dozed off while testing and have to retest. Lol it is also the only bbt I have used so I don't have anything to compare it to as far as speed goes.

Firsttimettc - If you think you ovulated on the 11th I wouldn't fret, sperm can live up to a week, just waiting around for that egg. Lol. The two days before and one day after of bd should be plenty. I don't know what a + internet ovulation test is, but if its like a normal test opk and it says you are ovulating today, then today is the best time to bd. I'm pretty sure with opks you have 24 hours until the egg drops? Feel free to correct me ladies, I don't use opks. Have fun! Lol

Edit: Maydaymom10 - Welcome!! It will be so great if you guys have caught the egg *fingers crossed* I hope you get your bfp soon.

AFM - I am on cycle day 40 and still no AF but more EWCM than I ever remember, (I might just be paying more attention). I am so confused though, EWCM ON CD40!? Is that even heard of? I mean how long can normal cycle be? Actually, I'm sure my cycle isn't normal... I don't even think I ovulated, unless I am ovulating now. Two days ago I had weird cramping in my left abdomen... But ovulating this late in the cycle? I used to have more regular periods and af would come every 3rd Friday... Lol I am so confused. I don't know what the "wtf is going on" list at the top is for but that's how I have felt the past couple of Weeks.

hola.gif Married to and TTC with my best friend since 03/06/11 luxlove.gif. One angel.gif and hoping for our rainbow!. bouncy.gif In the meantime, just loving life and trusting God.
#15 of 56 Old 04-23-2012, 06:35 PM

Thanks everyone for the tips!!!  I asked my DH if he wants to (by text) and he doesn't know if he CAN do it again (we already BD'd 3 times in four days, which is a lot for us!).  I just did another OPK test strip and its even darker than earlier.....should I BD tonight or tomorrow morning? That's IF I can get my DH to agree to at least one of those!!  I'll let you know what we decided, haha....lets see if I can convince him.  

28 years old, married 6 years to a 27 year old geek.gif man, with cat.gifcat.gifdog2.gif and we have been TTCing seven cycles since Jan. 2012.  Samuel 1:19 "...and the LORD remembered her."

#16 of 56 Old 04-23-2012, 06:46 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

Hi all! Welcome to all you new ladies! Hope your stay is short and sweet.

I am waiting to see if the one or two times we BD'd during my fertile window are gunna get us in trouble. I say it this way because I am getting closer and closer to quitting. I figure the day I decide I absolutely do not want another baby and get really involved in something will be the day I get my BFP. Well, whatever is in store for us we'll greet with open hearts.

I am on CD20ish, I forgot to write it down. How's THAT for laissez-faire? As you can see, my nutshell has cracked a bit.

Cheers!

Mama to DD luxlove.gif born June 2008 and Wife to my dear Magyar foreign exchange husband. Expecting again in September!joy.gif 
#17 of 56 Old 04-23-2012, 06:54 PM

Quote:

Thanks everyone for the tips!!!  I asked my DH if he wants to (by text) and he doesn't know if he CAN do it again (we already BD'd 3 times in four days, which is a lot for us!).  I just did another OPK test strip and its even darker than earlier.....should I BD tonight or tomorrow morning? That's IF I can get my DH to agree to at least one of those!!  I'll let you know what we decided, haha....lets see if I can convince him.  

Three times in the last 4 days sounds pretty good to me!  Those swimmers can live up to 5 days.  Sounds like you have plenty.

Hi everyone, I'm Liz.  I have occasionally peeked in here, but haven't initiated myself into the group.  I am currently in the 2ww.  I am 36, short cycles 21-24 days, and married for almost 3 years.  We've been trying for 7 cycles now.  I went and visited an ob/gyn who deals with fertility issues on Wednesday.  I'm supposed to start a clomiphene challenge when my cycle resets.  So nervous, but excited at the same time.  What if I fail?  eeks.

One thing I think is odd, I went and saw him right after I ovulated (not planned, O waited until day 17 this month when it is usually day 11- maybe the B-6 helped?) and he sent cultures.  I'm not infected, I'm ovulating! Agh.  It bugs me because I've had cultures sent so many times, and they've never been positive.  Also, since this was technically an infertility visit, it all came out of pocket, which kindof sucks for cultures that I know I don't need.

Anyway, that's me.  I wish everyone lots of luck!

#18 of 56 Old 04-23-2012, 09:21 PM

Waiting To Know (2WW)

... I finally have a moment to sit down and relax from traveling all over the US, which has been keeping us busy. I'm 11dpo and waiting to see what happenssmile.gif

Mama to DD(4) energy.gif&  DS baby.gif

#19 of 56 Old 04-24-2012, 02:18 AM

Hi, y'all!

wannabmomkt Welcome.gif

Yesterday I had AF so today i'm in CD2 can I be moved to waiting to o. I will need some help here, please take a look at my chart the fertile days it indicates don't match the OPK test I did on CD13 and 14. I'm completely lost!

http://www.fertilityfriend.com/ttc/index.php?interface=4

Can some one explain to me? Plus I've never had this short cycles mine were always at least 30 days I just don't know how to calculate it.

Thank you all

#20 of 56 Old 04-24-2012, 04:23 AM

Tropical fever your link doesn't seem to work for me, BUT i would generally ignore the charting if i'm OPKing too, on the grounds that you won't O until you surge and you won't surge twice in a cycle, and BBT can be random/changeable enough that something small could affect it and throw the chart off.  Of course i am quite happy to ignore an unlikely O date on a chart, but if i see an implantation dip it's DEFINITIVE!  Lol, you can see why i don't chart!  I really hope i DO get a BFP this month - i'll keep YOU company with that one ;)

My surge this month was super short - i saw it at midday, it was borderline at 2pm and definitely -ve again the next day.  I'm wondering if i actually began to surge later in the afternoon the day before (i'd tested at noon the day before due to having to be out in the afternoon) as before i had DD1 i used to check my accuracy on NFP with OPK's sometimes and i always surged for about 3 days.  Having said that i was undx hypothyroid back then, so probably it TOOK 3 days of surging LH to kick my ovaries into action (they must have been working because DD1 was an oopsie!).

On the topic of ME (ME ME ME !!!) - lol. I'm still dying of TWW over here.  Last night i had horrible vivid dreams that my mother had died.  My mother actually died in 2005, so waking up brought no relief at all!  However i am wondering if this was a sign because a) both times i have been pregnant i have dreamed of her before my BFP - the first time she TOLD me i was pregnant, the second she handed a baby to me) and b) if i am pregnant the due date will be 3 days before the anniversary of her death and given i generally carry to 40+ (40+11 and 40+4) i could well give birth that day.  I don't know if that's "a sign" or not.  It was a horribly distressing dream - her real death was sudden but after a long illness, not too long or agonizing, dignified and graceful.  In the dream it was sudden, before i'd had a chance to make peace with her, and unpleasant.  I sobbed and sobbed in my dreams all night and feel knackered this morning.

#21 of 56 Old 04-24-2012, 07:48 AM

Thanks Lizzlio!  I hope the little guys live long enough in me eyesroll.gif  baby dust to you!

Welcome back aHikaru!!!  

Tropicalfever.....your link doesn't seem to work, it only opens my own chart.

GoBecGo....your dream sounds interesting and a little sad!  I hope it really was a sign for you and not just a sad dream to have!  I also had a vivid dream last night (I always have vivid dreams), but this time it was about me taking care of baby and changing its diaper! It wasn't mine in the dream but I loved the baby! In the dream, one of SIL's came up to me and took the baby, even though it wasn't her baby.  Then I saw all my 3 SILs standing around holding babies and I didn't have one for me irked.gif  That's very true to life as all three of my SIL's have 3 kids each and I still have none!  ughhh. 

An update since my last night's rant....I convinced my DH to BD with me.  But I got another + on my OPK (internet cheapie test) this morning and I'm afraid to ask my DH to BD AGAIN tonight.  It really wears him out!  He's on anti-depressants so I really think it lowers his labido.  He'll happily and easily have sex 1-2 times a week but not day after day.  Hmmm.......also, no ovulation detected yet on my chart.  This is a longer cycle for me for sure!

Thanks for all the advice and tips ladies, it really means a lot!  

#22 of 56 Old 04-24-2012, 08:43 AM

http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/3c58ea This is the right link. GobecGo I sure will need your company hug2.gif.

There is apparently a strong link between you dreaming of your mom and getting pregnant I guess she's making sure all her descendants are fine. I know I sound a little crazy but I do believe that life doesn"t end wih death. My mom always dreams of her dead father (my grand father) when she is in extreme stress and can hardly find solutions and guess what? the next day all problems are solved within the twinkle of an eye effortlessly. Cheer up you have a new and wonderful day ahead!! Some people think all these are just happenings of the brain but we have to accept that some people are really more sensitive.

I can't wait for your BFP!!joy.gif

#23 of 56 Old 04-24-2012, 08:45 AM

When my mother appears in my dreams we are always fighting. LOL

43 w/Emphysema - TTC from 2005 - 2013. 2 miscarriages in 2008. Good things do not come to those who wait.

#24 of 56 Old 04-24-2012, 08:51 AM

Fisrttimettc baby dust to you!!!! I'm sure you have enough swimmers to give him a day break on BD. Your dream just make me feel like you are really touched by the fact that your SILs have kids and you dont YET, don't worry its gonna happen when its gonna happen if its not already happened winky.gif

#25 of 56 Old 04-24-2012, 12:11 PM

TropicalFever the only thing to remember about the OPKs is they detect lutenizing hormone, not actual ovulation.  you can have a surge but not ovulate, so if you surge but your temp doesnt rise at all it may be that the surge didnt quite pop the egg free.  In this case you actually can get a second surge, along with a second batch of fertile CM as your body basically tries again.  I couldn't get your chart to work but what did it show?  You can also have a day or so delay before your temp rises, (OPK, then day, then rise).   Good luck, I hope you get it figured out!

I am 29, married to DH for 2 years with 2 crazy pups and, after what feels like a huge wait (shorter than many, longer than wanted!), we are expecting our first little one April 2013.joy.gif

#26 of 56 Old 04-24-2012, 05:44 PM

Hi to all the new faces! DoulaRebekah, thanks for the kind words a few weeks ago (and the rest for your support, too). You can take me off the list, my dear, I'm going to take a few months off and when we're ready to try again, I'll probably shift over to the post-loss threads. Lots of baby dust to you all!dust.gif

J(30) + J(34) = E(6/2009)  ...  + ?(?)  

We homebirth.jpgtreehugger.gifcd.gif and so on...joy.gif

#27 of 56 Old 04-25-2012, 02:45 AM

Firsttimettc My OH is the same way - once or twice a week is great, 3x/week is possible but more than that and he's struggling.  I don't think you need to worry, the swimmers can last 5 days (and i know someone who got a girl when she'd ovulated 6 days after her hubby went back on tour! they'd BD'd the morning he left!) and you're likely to O in the next day or so.  In the bad old days when i temped i did often have surging visible for a day or two after my temp had shifted, i think the start of the surge is more significant than the length of it for O timing.  I'm sure you're in with a chance! :D

newtottc EEEK! my info is so out of date!  I was definitely told (years and years ago) that temps were less reliable than OPK's because surges continue until O rather than repeat, but then again doctors tend to proclaim LOTS of stuff about women's bodies when actually they have no idea!  I love all the up to date info i'm getting on this thread! :D

Tropical fever the chart i see now is a new one, did AF arrive...?  You are still pretty warm, could it be implantation!?  Or is it a hangover from the malaria attack?  I'm sorry if you're out! :(

Stevi- i NEVER dream about mum, or almost never.  Occasionally i'll dream that "the family" is here, and she'll be amongst them, but as an appendage to "the family" not in her own individual right (if that makes sense).  This time she was rambling and confusing/confused and then most of the dream was that she'd died and my own grief associated with that.  Oddly i dreamed of my dad too and how unfair it was that he "had to go through this again" so some part of my asleep self did know it was only a dream.

AFM 5dpo and nuts as ever.  My nipples hurt when DD2 nursed this morning, it could have been a bad latch (she's teething her eye teeth) but it could be hormonal.  I do get it pre-AF, but i can't recall WHEN (because i ignore all this when i'm not ttc of course!), i thought it was with ovulation but obviously not.  Also i had to get up in the night to pee, which is almost unknown for me (even at 40 weeks i sleep through, lol) but then DD1 had almost wet the bed (just wet her PJ's a little) and it was when i got up to help her clean up and change that i really needed to go, so if i'd slept on i might well have NOT needed to pee until morning.  Ho hum, waiting waiting....i'm excited for 6DPO because at least after that i MIGHT have hormonal signs, rather than pretty much knowing it's either non-pg related or imaginary as i am now!  Off to nurse the toddler and find out if it was her latch or my nipples...

#28 of 56 Old 04-25-2012, 08:12 AM

GoBecGo: Yes its a new cycle its seems my last cycle was 21 days. So I dont know whe exactly I'm going to ovulate + DP and I live in seperate towns so we really have to organise to make thing happen and just hope that the nex ovulation is on a week end ;)

#29 of 56 Old 04-25-2012, 01:20 PM

Thank you for all the welcome wishes!! :)

Apparently I have had a lucky month already. I was waiting to O (I'll get these acronyms down soon) and tested positive on the OPK on my second day of testing. Thank goodness because I do not find peeing on a stick to be easy!! And today I went in for my first IUI. I'm crossing my fingers and saying lots of prayers! So that means I'm on the 2ww. I'm going to have to find a way to keep myself really distracted!

Our first sample that the nurse thawed was poor quality, I'm not positive about the numbers but I know there were only 19% good swimmers post wash. Luckily we had a back up sample that turned out with 91% of good swimmers! :) They were both from the same donor. Our nurse said she will file for the refund and that shouldn't be a problem. The fertility clinic we're using only uses Fairfax and California Cryobank and she said she's only seen 2 poor samples in the past few years!

Good luck and well wishes to everyone else ttc this month! joy.gif

Oh and firsttimettc - I ovulated on day 17 on one cycle day 9 of the next two cycles. The nurse said it wasn't especially uncommon for ovulation days to vary and that it just depends on the woman.

freedem - I do not have a chart, I probably should but since the OPK seems to work for me I am going to stick with that for now. I may start with the temperatures if we try a couple times without success. The rest of the measuring seems a bit complicated to me! I am not sure how that all works. Maybe I will check some other ones out to get an idea :)

Me (27) and DW (33) TTC #1

#30 of 56 Old 04-25-2012, 03:44 PM

wannabmomkt - I'm sending happy, fertile dust your way. Hopefully the good batch is extra good to make up for the poor one. Looking forward to hearing the results.

GoBecGo - your dream sounds amazing. I'm a big believer that dreams sometimes hold other meanings, and maybe this is one. Good luck!

Firsttimettc - I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you. I hope that the swimmers are strong and/or your hubby gets a sudden burst of energy to do some more bd'ing!

As for me... just counting down the days until I can test - I'm DPO 6 now. I can't read a thing on me. My temps are still up, but dropping. My breasts are tender & I've been getting headaches. But, ds is also getting over a case of hand,foot, mouth disease and had a few rough nights. I know some of my temps are off seeing I only got an hour or two of continuous sleep. Now that he's feeling better, I'm hoping I can get back on a routine for the rest of this cycle. I remember being clueless when I got the BFP with DS. I actually was certain the AF was on her way the day that I got the BFP. I had tested negative a few days before then (DPO 10 & 11), but got the positive on DPO 13. So, I'm trying to wait until then before I even consider testing (knowing that I won't last that long wink1.gif ).  I think are BD timing was OK, but not optimal. DH's late work hours made it so that we didn't get to on DPO -1 or DPO 0. So, we'll see. We're in no hurry to get pregnant, but for some reason I just want to get that BFP now! I'm winding up my teaching career (for the foreseeable future) this month, and I think mentally I'll make the transition to SAHM a little easier if I know I have another baby to look forward to. It's weird, I know. Anyway... sorry for the rambling. Good luck to everyone & I look forward to reading your news.

Tags
Trying To Conceive

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page