Implantation Bleeding Vs. Early AF? - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 4 Old 04-27-2012, 08:07 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Today I started bleeding, at 9 dpo ? I'm not sure what to think to be honest, my period isn't due until the 3rd (Thurs). It isn't my usual period, it is more of a brownish red, no clots, no thick flow like usual and the cramps are rare, when they do occur it is very mild. I am usually one with horrid periods! Not sure if it is AF or implantation bleeding or what =/ 99.9% of the time, my period is on time also. Any thoughts? It isn't really spotting, it is a bit more than spotting but not my usual heavy flow and like I said, it is at 9 dpo. 

#2 of 4 Old 04-28-2012, 02:45 AM

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
This kind of thing is only clear in hindsight, I think. It could be either, though if it's unusual for you then a test might be in order in a couple days. Good luck!

Our little miracles are here!!joy.gif
energy.gif DD Born 7/15/11 biggrinbounce.gif DS Born 4/3/13
love.giflove.gif Keep growing healthy and strong, beautiful little fighter babies!!!

Auntie to Nell, Greta, Maggie, and Elsa!

Remembering our 3 losses

#3 of 4 Old 04-28-2012, 07:00 AM

I am having the same thing! Mine went from spotting, to light flow for a couple of hours then back to spotting. Mine was so early and SO unlike regular period. I spotted for 4 days, brown and light pink. I have tested every morning with a $ test, but BFN every time. I think it must have been some kind of weird early AF for me. If it wasn't my AF, then AF would be due in two days, so I guess I will test after that just to be sure. Probably testing way to early anyway. 

Do you usually have irregular periods? 

Unfortunately, IB seems to be different for every woman, so who knows? Some say it is only a few spots of blood, some say they bled for ten days. You and I are in that cruel waiting game right now! We will just have to wait it out and keep testing. I hope we get to be bump buddies!

Good luck!!! Keep us updated!!!

#4 of 4 Old 04-30-2012, 10:02 PM

I'm having the same thing, I think. This is my first time TTC, and I got my AF after trying on the 28, 29, and 30 of last month (march). Weirdest thing though is that I have this bleeding now (with small clots, sorry for TMI) in between periods. That's never happened to me before, everrrrr. I got a period and BFN's, but this is still strange. I wonder what's up! If you gals figure it out, let me know. And best of luck to you both!

Tags
Trying To Conceive

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page