Question about CM and fertility - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 04-29-2012, 07:55 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Hi everyone

Here is a question I've been wondering for awhile. It's about my CM. I almost never experience ewcm and when I do it's small amounts of it .... and the times I do I suspect it's often arousal fluid (sorry tmi!) I often have creamy cm throughout most of my cycle and only usually have a few days where I would describe myself as dry or sticky. When I was younger I had copious amounts of ewcm but not anymore. I'm 28 if that provides any clues.

I've been wondering how this might affect my fertility, or if it is a sign that perhaps there is something off with my fertility. I know everyone's cm is different but I often notice people saying that sperm has a better chance in egcm and less of a chance in creamy or sticky cm. Just looking for some clarification!

thanks for any input :)

cheers

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-30-2012, 07:00 AM

EWCM is best for sperm, but you don't need to be swimming in it for the fluid to do its job! It sounds like your fluid pattern is well within the range of normal, so I certainly wouldn't worry. Still, there are some things you could do to tip the scales in your favor when it comes time to TTC, such as making sure you're well hydrated or consider using guafenisin or preseed. But so far everything sounds normal. smile.gif

Mi vida loca: full-time WOHM, frugalista, foodie wannabe, 10+ years of TCOYF 

R-E-S-P-E-C-T spells BRAND NEW User Agreement!!

Old 04-30-2012, 09:53 AM

Nattery, I think we're in the same boat, I'm 28 as well and rarely have EWCM.  I was on the pill for 5 years and got off of it exactly 1 year ago.  I didn't know what EWCM was until this March (2012) and looking back I don't recall having it much at all over the past year (or five), BUT like you, I do remember having it before I got on the pill and when I was younger.  I really hope its not affecting our TTCing, we just finished our 5th cycle of TTC but only 2 of those I was temping and checking CM.  

Thank you Mosaic for the tips, I will try these as well!  

28 years old, married 6 years to a 27 year old geek.gif man, with cat.gifcat.gifdog2.gif and we have been TTCing seven cycles since Jan. 2012.  Samuel 1:19 "...and the LORD remembered her."

Old 05-04-2012, 01:03 AM - Thread Starter

Thanks for the info! Very much appreciated. Once I get back to Canada, if I haven't concieved yet I will look into supportive options :) Firsttimettc: I feel like we're on the same wavelength on a lot of things! Too cool to have  ttc buddy :D

Old 05-04-2012, 09:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nattery View Post

Thanks for the info! Very much appreciated. Once I get back to Canada, if I haven't concieved yet I will look into supportive options :) Firsttimettc: I feel like we're on the same wavelength on a lot of things! Too cool to have  ttc buddy :D

Eeek! Canada...I'm Canadian, but married an American, now living in the states....I miss home so bad sometimes!  I was so homesick last night, I made myself a homemade poutine! haha.  I agree....it's nice to have TTC buddy's.  This forum has helped me through a lot of obsession and stress.  

28 years old, married 6 years to a 27 year old geek.gif man, with cat.gifcat.gifdog2.gif and we have been TTCing seven cycles since Jan. 2012.  Samuel 1:19 "...and the LORD remembered her."

Tags
Trying To Conceive
User Tag List