new to this thread, questions regarding timing - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 04-30-2012, 10:14 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

hi there

we just decided to start ttc.

dd is 20 months, still nursing around the clock (although i am ready to night wean but don't have the energy at night to cut her off...i tried once and it was 2 hours in the dark of her staring at me and asking every 20 minutes for milk...)

but here's my q's.

my pp cycle started around 14 months and is pretty regular, about a 30 day cycle.

we dtd on day 13 and again on day 14 (last night...but apparently dh had already relieved some of his sperm earlier in the day---so i'm not sure how active/plentiful the second ejaculate in a day is?)

so now we're on day 15, assuming this is "o" day should we dtd again? or tomorrow? 

or am i so full of sperm in my fertile window that i'm good and we'll wait and see?

this afternoon i had some cramping really low and sort of in my groin which i assume is o cramps, but i've never really noticed it before. but i haven't noticed much ewcm but i'm not sure how much semen affects cervical mucus.

any comments welcome to help me clarify if i should wait or get back to dtd again. two days in a row is a lot for me, but if it helps to dtd again tonight, let me know.

thanks mommas!

and a side note with dd i got pregnant on the first cycle after my iud was removed...

DD: 8/10

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-01-2012, 07:19 AM

I could see going both ways. If today is your O day (or tomorrow), then it certainly wouldn't hurt to give it another go, just to up your chances.

That said, if your cycle is 30 days long, and you have an LP of, say, 12-13 days, then you might O closer to day 17 or 18, maybe even as late as CD20. That almost makes more sense, if you haven't seen much fertile CM. In that case, you'd be better off waiting until tomorrow, which will give him more time to build up his reserve AND put you closer to O anyway.

You might want to consider charting to firm up your O day so that you can get the timing down just right. smile.gif

Mi vida loca: full-time WOHM, frugalista, foodie wannabe, 10+ years of TCOYF 

R-E-S-P-E-C-T spells BRAND NEW User Agreement!!

Old 05-19-2012, 08:07 AM - Thread Starter

Thx mosiac. We dtd on day 16 and I felt like his "supply" was low but we'll see what's what. Af is late...

Sent from my Nexus One using Tapatalk 2

DD: 8/10

Tags
Trying To Conceive
User Tag List