Need ALL the advice I can get! :( - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 2 Old 04-30-2012, 09:47 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Hello everyone. 

I have never been a part of a forum before, so I'm new to this and nervous, but I really need some advice. First off, I am ttc. A lot of people will probably think my methods are strange, but they're the best option for myself and my partner right now. I apologize, because this will be long but I want to be thorough! First off, my partner Sam and I have been ttc for only two months now (which probably accounts for my impatience and nerves). Either way, we are using a donor who is a friend of ours. He has been tested for any/all STD's, etc, and has come up clean. I went to the appointment with him so I'm sure. He donates at home and we do AHI with sterile syringe and donation cups with fresh semen. After my first tries on the 28, 29, and 30 of March (when I was ovulating) I got my period on the 15th of April. However, I have never, ever spotted between periods before. Ever. The past two days I have started spotting, and passing small clots. No pain, but I was throwing up yesterday and felt generally weird. I'm wondering a couple of things. Is it possible that I'm STILL getting false negatives with AHT after what would be 4 weeks after ovulation AND having a period? Could the bleeding be a miscarriage? Or implantation bleeding? All the sites are so confusing and their information is conflicting. I'm not sure what to do, but we desperately want to start a family. Please help!!!!

Thanks so much. 

#2 of 2 Old 05-03-2012, 09:29 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)

Welcome.gif

Feel free to join us over at the Queer TTC group. In the forums, it's under Parenting and then Queer Parenting.  There are lots of folks over there in the same boat as you as far as the method you are using for TTC. 

I would say you are not having implantation bleeding because it is definitely too late for that.  I'm not sure what's going on.  Home pregnancy tests are pretty accurate, but a blood test would definitely be more accurate.   Can you have your doctor order one for you?  Beyond that, take a deep breath and try to relax as much as you can.  This is a very stressful process, and you will find that you do not know all the answers.  Every month I feel confused and baffled by something that happens.  It may not make sense sometime but eventually, it will work.

Married to a wonderful woman since 2010. Baby boy C arrived in June 2013!

Check out our User Agreement.

Tags
Mothering Help

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page