May 2WW Thread (when will you test?) - Page 2 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#31 of 55 Old 05-25-2012, 08:00 PM

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)

Okay, took a test today and got a very positive HPT :) --- I couldn't wait until this weekend :)

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#32 of 55 Old 05-25-2012, 10:55 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Congrats!!

winner.jpgfamilybed2.gifsewmachine.gifcd.gif Homeschooling, happy, messy-housed mama to my 2 wild boys fencing.gif 10/05 and 9/08, and my sweet little girl babygirl.gif 2/13 and blessed to be married to the best guy for me since 12/96.
#33 of 55 Old 05-26-2012, 08:19 AM

Congrats bfw!!!! :)

I've got 3 BFN's and think that AF will show up sometime today-Tuesday (not sure exactly when, first cycle following loss.) And the outdoor pool is opening today and I'm sure my dd's will want to swim tons. So I guess I have to go buy some tampons, ughhh! (Diva cup doesn't really work for me, and I hate tampons too, but a necessary evil I guess...)

I'm out of tests so unless AF isn't here by Tuesday (unlikely) I won't need to test again this month...

An extrovert, married to my introverted dh since '01, mothering my girls C (2003) and G (2006).

Love homeschooling, reading, cooking (most of the time grain-free except for when I'm not ), lactivist, former and wanna-be cloth diaperer and baby-wearer...

#34 of 55 Old 05-26-2012, 10:19 AM

Bfn this morning at 11dpo. Will probably test again in a few days. Enjoy your weekend!

winner.jpgfamilybed2.gifsewmachine.gifcd.gif Homeschooling, happy, messy-housed mama to my 2 wild boys fencing.gif 10/05 and 9/08, and my sweet little girl babygirl.gif 2/13 and blessed to be married to the best guy for me since 12/96.
#35 of 55 Old 05-26-2012, 03:54 PM

Well, that was a waste of a test... tested again b/c dh asked me whether I "for sure" needed to buy more pads and such... another BFN. This time I used an "early detection" test (Answer brand?) and definitely a BFN... I guess if AF has not shown by Monday/Tuesday I will test again, but I feel like it will.

An extrovert, married to my introverted dh since '01, mothering my girls C (2003) and G (2006).

Love homeschooling, reading, cooking (most of the time grain-free except for when I'm not ), lactivist, former and wanna-be cloth diaperer and baby-wearer...

#36 of 55 Old 05-28-2012, 01:40 AM

Hello ladies,

I finally got a BFP at 27DPO after a long series of BFN. Its not over until AF shows up!! Congrats bfw0729!! Happy baby dust everyone

pos.gif for #1  carefully threadingthe path to motherhood heartbeat.gif

#37 of 55 Old 05-28-2012, 10:25 AM

Oh yay tropicalfever!! Congrats!

AFM... I'm thinking I got my first evap line this morning. Was hoping it was a very faint line but I don't think it's pink at all. We'll see what the next few days holds...

#38 of 55 Old 05-28-2012, 11:01 AM

Hey tropicalfever,

Congrats! Glad you finally figured out what was going on and glad you got your BFP!

Now that I am a mom I no longer have time for knit.gif,teapot2.GIF,read.gif
#39 of 55 Old 05-28-2012, 11:06 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)

12 days DPO, BFN. I really shouldn't have tested that early, as I've never had a clear positive until after my period was due, but I saw someone else with the same DPO post a positive yesterday with the same test brand, so I figured it was worth a try.

Assuming I ovulated at all, of course (not charting, no PPAF yet, just going by symptoms).

DS born 6/03, DD1 born 9/06, DD2 born 10/10, DD3 born 4/14.
#40 of 55 Old 05-30-2012, 11:05 PM

im new to this whats 2ww BFN an AF mean?? i believe this is an american site and im england 

#41 of 55 Old 05-31-2012, 08:16 AM

Tropicalfever Congrats!!!!! joy.gif

Shell: 2ww = two week wait, BFN = big fat negative, AF = aunt flow. - Welcome! :)

Afm: 4DPO....just waiting....

One thing I've noticed while temping this month is that my temperature did not rise significantly after I ovulated. And I'm pretty sure I ovulated because of positive OPK test and nurse telling me that the CM looked great. Any idea why my temp would not show a real increase after O? This is my first month temping..

#42 of 55 Old 05-31-2012, 11:52 AM

at 11 days past ovulation i noticed a pulling feeling on my left lower part now i should be due for my period 2mora should i wait afew days till my period is really late thats if it is 

#43 of 55 Old 05-31-2012, 08:30 PM

got a faint positive on 15dpo!

baby dust to all!

#44 of 55 Old 05-31-2012, 09:03 PM

Congrats Congrats Congrats!!!!!

#45 of 55 Old 05-31-2012, 09:06 PM

Congrats, odinsmama! joy.gif

Now that I am a mom I no longer have time for knit.gif,teapot2.GIF,read.gif
#46 of 55 Old 06-01-2012, 09:02 AM

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quoted: 20 Post(s)

wanna- How much did your temp go up?  Are you temping about the same time every morning before you get out of bed?  It can take some time to get the hang of temping.

Married to a wonderful woman since 2010. Baby boy C arrived in June 2013!

Check out our User Agreement.
#47 of 55 Old 06-01-2012, 12:24 PM

I think I will test at 10DPO but I am trying toi stay strong and go longer...

I was told that my right ovary was the dominant this cycle so I had prepped with Clomid and was going to do IUI But the Dr said because my right side was dominate they wouldn't do the IUI - I lost my right tube to an ectopic pregnancy in 2010... So they said to head home and have some fun this week, maybe we can get prego even with all of that. So DH and I did our best,

I O'ed on May 24th and Showed good signs. Eggwhites, +opk, Temp rise etc...

Monday morning I had spotting. Very oddly I NEVER spot during a cycle....

Tuesday -  I was fine didn't get a wink of sleep, so tired tho

Wednesday super tired and temp increase up 3 tenths! From 98.17 to 98.50!

Thursday - Tired, Noticed twinges and slightly pulling and VERY bloated temp 98.34

Friday (today) - Still tired, Bloated, increased a ton of milky CM, hungry, snappy (and I'm a pretty even person) and my skin is oily and breaking out- it's never oily - dizzy slightly - and Now and I type kind of crampy.....

I do feel different...

Just here hoping wishing and waiting..... Such a long wait.....

This would be my 5th pregnancy(I've had 1 ectopic and 4 miscarriages).... still trying for 1....

#48 of 55 Old 06-01-2012, 12:57 PM

Congrats Odinsmama! :)

My 2ww is over after 17 days lol... guess I was wrong on when it started but thankful AF is finally here so we can start the cycle over again...

#49 of 55 Old 06-01-2012, 01:11 PM

Congrats, odinsmama! love.gif

pokey: from the day I think I ovulated my temp went up .3 the next day, another .1 the following day, and another .2 the third day for a total of .6. Then it dropped by .3 ... I don't think that little bit of an increase is normal?? I take my temperature every morning before I get out of bed, usually just take it then go back to sleep for an hour. Any ideas?

agreenmum: Good luck!! Peace.gif

#50 of 55 Old 06-01-2012, 01:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wannabmomkt View Post

Congrats, odinsmama! love.gif

pokey: from the day I think I ovulated my temp went up .3 the next day, another .1 the following day, and another .2 the third day for a total of .6. Then it dropped by .3 ... I don't think that little bit of an increase is normal?? I take my temperature every morning before I get out of bed, usually just take it then go back to sleep for an hour. Any ideas?

agreenmum: Good luck!! Peace.gif

Fahrenheit or celsius?  A half degree difference between pre-O and post-O temps (fahrenheit) seems to be fairly normal/typical (and you've got more than that).  A slow rise in temp like you had also seems to be fairly normal.  I'm not as familiar with charts in celsius though.  Are you using FF to chart?  If FF has given you solid crosshairs to mark O, then the software is quite certain so it's all good (it would show a dashed line if it's unsure).

As with all things related to our bodies, "normal" varies quite a bit.  Take a look at the chart gallery in FF!  wink1.gif

dog2.gifcrochetsmilie.gif Lovin' my sweetheart, pregnant with #1 (EDD Feb.2013) stork-suprise.gif

#51 of 55 Old 06-01-2012, 04:10 PM

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quoted: 20 Post(s)

Wanna - My average temp before O is 97.3 and after it's 97.9 so I think a .6 difference on average is just fine.  It does seem pretty normal for it to dip now and then in the luteal phase.  It's probably fine as long as it stays above your lowest temps.  Some people have a temp dip at implantation.  When mine dips it usually goes back up to the high the next day.  Part of the value of temping is that after several months, you begin to see a pattern that may tell you something valuable.  This is your first month so don't worry about it too much.  It confirms that you did ovulate, and that's a good start.  Hopefully, you won't have to do it for too many months.

Married to a wonderful woman since 2010. Baby boy C arrived in June 2013!

Check out our User Agreement.
#52 of 55 Old 06-04-2012, 06:14 AM

Thanks Sophie and Pokey - that really helps shed some light on things for me. I appreciate the responses! I feel better about my temps, and they've stayed above the O dip... I'm hoping they keep rising!

#53 of 55 Old 06-04-2012, 08:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wannabmomkt View Post

Thanks Sophie and Pokey - that really helps shed some light on things for me. I appreciate the responses! I feel better about my temps, and they've stayed above the O dip... I'm hoping they keep rising!

You're welcome.  Also, I was just reading the Charting Q&A section on FertilityFriend (always something new to learn) and I saw this about temperature rise and ovulation:

http://www.fertilityfriend.com/Faqs/Temperature-Rise-and-Ovulation.html

Your temperature may rise slowly in increments, or quickly, or it may even rise and fall slightly over several days. The rise in temperature is usually about 0.4 degrees Fahrenheit or 0.2 degrees Celsius, but the rise may be as slight as 0.2 degrees Fahrenheit or 0.1 degrees Celsius or even less in some cases. Great variability is possible.

So now you have more than anecdata to tell you that a 0.6 degree temp rise is quite normal.  hug2.gif

pokeyac likes this.

dog2.gifcrochetsmilie.gif Lovin' my sweetheart, pregnant with #1 (EDD Feb.2013) stork-suprise.gif

#54 of 55 Old 06-05-2012, 06:13 AM

Thanks again Sophie - the info on FF is really helpful, I will make sure to go back and read some of that! smile.gif

#55 of 55 Old 06-05-2012, 08:21 AM

Thanks wannabemomkt!!  Congrats odinsmama!! joy.gifenergy.gif. happy baby dust to everyone

pos.gif for #1  carefully threadingthe path to motherhood heartbeat.gif

Tags
Trying To Conceive

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page