TTC while Nursing- May - Page 3 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#61 of 111 Old 05-20-2012, 03:54 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Got a faint bfp today. Need to tell hubby still and am not sure how to go about it!

Loving wife to DH partners.gif mama to DS1 3/13/09 sleepytime.gif, DS2 4/20/11 diaper.gif and expecting baby #3 in January! 3rdtri.gif

Professional violin.gifand attempting to computergeek2.gif while cd.gif femalesling.GIF learning.gif hang.gif knit.gif

#62 of 111 Old 05-21-2012, 05:27 AM

organicviolin - Congrats! Let us know if you find a fun way to tell DH!

AFM - Ugh. CD21 and no signs of O at all. It's kind of demoralizing, after getting my hopes up last cycle. Also, THREE friends had babies last week, and my mom asked if I was pregnant. Sigh.

Jo - WOHM to E 12/26/10, Wife to SAHD DH.

cd.gifslingboy.giftoddler.gifbelly.gif

#63 of 111 Old 05-21-2012, 10:03 AM

Yea should be interesting telling him! I'm going to retest in the am and show him that stick I think. Maybe have the baby hand it to him. It will be a bit of a surprise that's for sure!

Loving wife to DH partners.gif mama to DS1 3/13/09 sleepytime.gif, DS2 4/20/11 diaper.gif and expecting baby #3 in January! 3rdtri.gif

Professional violin.gifand attempting to computergeek2.gif while cd.gif femalesling.GIF learning.gif hang.gif knit.gif

#64 of 111 Old 05-21-2012, 11:51 AM

What cycle day do people normally O? Like 12-15? It's my first full PP cycle and I just started getting ewcm yesterday. Today will be CD 12 so I imagine I haven't O'd yet. But it would probably happen, what, within a week of starting to get ewcm? (not temping or charting)

organicviolin- Congrats on the BFP!

HopefulJo- sorry to hear your still waiting. It's all so frustrating, especially when you get your hopes up (which you can't help but do!)

Chloe'sMama- Don't know anything about OPK's but good luck and hopefully you caught that egg!

SAHM to DS stillheart.gif 7/1/2010, So excited for #2 due at the end of February!!!

#65 of 111 Old 05-21-2012, 12:49 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Letileon- i usually o around cd 20-22. Although, my first pp cycle i didnt o until cd 40 and the it was cd30 then cd27 thwn cd 9 and this cycle it was cd21 or cd22. Always dtd with ewcm, but i have to say that i get several patches of ewcm before i actually o. My body does seem to take a bit longer to regulate though.

SAHM to Chloe«- 6/2008 (10 lbs, 5 oz), Hannah- 9/2010 (9 lbs, 12 oz), Liam- 2/2013 (9 lbs, 6 oz)

#66 of 111 Old 05-21-2012, 05:43 PM

Congratulations Organicviolin!!!

I'm frustrated and confused today.  AF still hasn't come on full force.  I've had spotting since Saturday night.  I NEVER get spotting except at the end of a period.  I usually have extremely heavy AFs.  I don't know what to think.  Pregnancy tests are still negative although I'm getting evap lines...which is also a new phenomenon.  Just waiting for something definitive to happen one way or the other!

Mom to 5 amazing kids! (DS8, DS7, DD4, DD2 and DS0)

#67 of 111 Old 05-21-2012, 07:49 PM - Thread Starter

Great new organic violin!

letileon-  Since having DS I've been Oing around CD22.  I generally have very long patches of CM warning me as my body tried to O.

CD 10 here and no AF yet.  My longest LP has been 11 days and I'm tempted to hold off on testing until Wednesday morning.  I have some acne coming out tonight and that often happens right before AF but I've also been wearing tons of sunblock so that could be it too.  DS has been sleeping horribly the past couple of nights nursing all night long and screaming when I unlatch him.  He finally went to bed about 2.5 hours after bedtime tonight.  I'm not sure what's causing it, could be AF on it's way coule be pregnancy.  Does anyone else find early pregnancy symptoms completely ambivilous?  Either way I'll know for sure by the end of the week!

Would anyone be up for Thread Hostess next month?  We've just started kitchen renos so I won't be around much.  It's not difficult, especially since there aren't many regular posters anymore.  PM me if you are interested.

Mom to DSfemalesling.GIF 13mo.

#68 of 111 Old 05-22-2012, 08:17 AM

I'm on my way out of here, ladies.....I'm in the process of weaning Emery.....just a few weeks until her birthday (2) and we'll be done so that I can move forward with clomid to have another.  Hopefully this summer/fall I'll be expecting again....we want the next two to be a little closer together than Macie and Emery are!

Alexas , Wife to Bobby , mama to Macie Quinn(6)dust.gif Emery Pearl (3)energy.gifand Baby Boy due in July belly.gif

#69 of 111 Old 05-22-2012, 09:51 AM

Thanks Ladies! jr'smom I just posted on the other forum, but that's exactly what happened with me. faint tests etc. So, I went to the Dr today and was confirmed that I'm pregnant. 

I told my hubby by showing him the stick this am. Then of course I called him after the Dr apt. - he's thrown for a loop. He wasn't exactly in a great place for another bundle of baby. So, I dunno what to think. On one hand I'm happy but on the other I'm disappointed because he's not at all into it at all and has said that he'd rather not add to the 2 we have. So, yea...this is not helping my emotional state. 

Did anyone else have a DH (our relationship is great, and he's an amazing father) who just wasn't into yet another baby?  Did he come around or did he begin resenting you or the new baby to be?

#70 of 111 Old 05-22-2012, 07:25 PM - Thread Starter

BFN this morning but still no signs of AF.  I'm starting to get super excited but need to keep calming myself down since it's a long shot this month.  12DPO tomorrow, my first 12 day LP!  Looks like at the very least AF is getting back to a more normal pattern

#71 of 111 Old 05-22-2012, 09:09 PM

Hi all,

Sorry I've been MIA, but life has been crazy around here... I'll need to catch up on your threads later

Organicviolin--Congratulations!!! That is awesome!!

AFM--Please change me to No PPAF as of yet... greensad.gif What I thought was PPAF may not have been as it was very light and I've had another episode of "unusual faint bleeding" with lots of EWCM. My BBTs are totally out of whack as well. Anyway, I met with my chart instructor and told me that wasn't AF. On the bright side, since my hormones have been so crazy, I decided to night wean my son and we've been doing that for four nights and he nurses quite less now... which is not what I wanted, but at least it can allow my hormones to go back to normal!!

Have a beautiful week!

#72 of 111 Old 05-23-2012, 06:22 AM

Thanks! We're beginning to get excited Sheepish.gif We are apparently meant to have 3 kids 3 and younger!!!

#73 of 111 Old 05-23-2012, 04:49 PM

Coffeeandtoast, that sounds just like my first 2 cycles after DD1 was born.  I spotted two different times, then had a regular AF and then I ovulated on my 4th cycle.  I would consider what you described as AF.  Maybe anovulatory, but still getting somewhere!

SAHM to Chloe«- 6/2008 (10 lbs, 5 oz), Hannah- 9/2010 (9 lbs, 12 oz), Liam- 2/2013 (9 lbs, 6 oz)

#74 of 111 Old 05-24-2012, 07:59 AM

This may sound totally crazy but before I found out I was pregnant with DS my husband and I saw two turtles. One was outside of our house. A big turtle just walking in the grass by the sidewalk. We live in an urban area nowhere near a place where a turtle would be. Then a few days later a turtle crossed the road in front of us on a road I'd driven on since being a child. I had never seen a turtle on it. We stopped and moved it across the road. A week or so later, I found out I was unexpectedly pregnant. I always felt, in retrospect, that the turtles had been signs of the news and that when I got pregnant again we may (or not) have the same herald animal. So we have seen two turtles yesterday and today. But the turtle today was dead...and it was a baby. DH found it while walking on a trail with DS. They brought it home because DH thought it was alive. It wasn't. Now I'm a little freaked out that it means something because I am in my "fertile period" and we've been DTD a lot this week. As many of you know I've had one PPAF and this is my second cycle. I don't know if I've ovulated but I feel like there's a good chance. I admit I've been a little nervous because I feel like I've seen a lot of women have miscarriages or chemical pregnancies soon after their first PPAF when they are still BF. Is that really common? Now I'm all freaked out that the universe is telling me I'm pregnant but it won't last. Do I sound crazy or what?! Anyway I know none of you have any answers on this one but I needed to get this out somewhere because I know all DH would tell me is "don't worry". Thanks for indulging me :)

SAHM to DS stillheart.gif 7/1/2010, So excited for #2 due at the end of February!!!

#75 of 111 Old 05-24-2012, 11:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by letileon View Post

This may sound totally crazy but before I found out I was pregnant with DS my husband and I saw two turtles. One was outside of our house. A big turtle just walking in the grass by the sidewalk. We live in an urban area nowhere near a place where a turtle would be. Then a few days later a turtle crossed the road in front of us on a road I'd driven on since being a child. I had never seen a turtle on it. We stopped and moved it across the road. A week or so later, I found out I was unexpectedly pregnant. I always felt, in retrospect, that the turtles had been signs of the news and that when I got pregnant again we may (or not) have the same herald animal. So we have seen two turtles yesterday and today. But the turtle today was dead...and it was a baby. DH found it while walking on a trail with DS. They brought it home because DH thought it was alive. It wasn't. Now I'm a little freaked out that it means something because I am in my "fertile period" and we've been DTD a lot this week. As many of you know I've had one PPAF and this is my second cycle. I don't know if I've ovulated but I feel like there's a good chance. I admit I've been a little nervous because I feel like I've seen a lot of women have miscarriages or chemical pregnancies soon after their first PPAF when they are still BF. Is that really common? Now I'm all freaked out that the universe is telling me I'm pregnant but it won't last. Do I sound crazy or what?! Anyway I know none of you have any answers on this one but I needed to get this out somewhere because I know all DH would tell me is "don't worry". Thanks for indulging me :)

We conceived my 2nd cycle PP. So far so good - baby to be in January. I feel pregnant that's for sure! I'm already bloated and am burping up a storm, ain't it grand? I hope that you get a sticky BFP!

#76 of 111 Old 05-24-2012, 07:05 PM - Thread Starter

letileon- I totally believe in stuff like that.  I never dream and when I do it usually come true at some point in the future.  Before I found out I was pregnant with DS I kept dreaming that was pregnant and had a newborn.  We had just decided to wait a few more months before TTC so I figured I just had babies on my brain.  Tuns out I was pregnant!

I tested again this morning and got a BFN.  AF arrived this afternoon.  My LP lenghtened to 12 so that's good.  I knew our timing was awful this month so I"m not really surprised.

#77 of 111 Old 05-25-2012, 09:46 AM

Hi All! This will be my first time TTC while BFing, my first babe was born last July. We'd really like our kids as close together as possible, so we're starting now and we'll see how long it takes us! It took 7 months to conceive #1.

Anyway, this was our first month TTC, I'm in the 2WW now. My chart link is here: http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/LivingSky

So... HI! smile.gif

Married to my wonderful DH 5/2010, Mom to DS1 Kayden 7-14-2011 wild.gif and DS2 Jakob 8-29-2013 babyf.gif

Owned by Friesians and Drum Horses, plus the dogs, cats, rabbits and chickens

#78 of 111 Old 05-25-2012, 05:44 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)

Hello all.

It feels strange to be posting here. 2 weeks ago, I was very much NOT ready for another. My toddler is 19 months, and I have yet to have my PPAF. Then last week we DTD, first time since before she was born because I just have NO interest whatsoever for a long time after birth, and were not quite as careful as we could have been, though not hugely risky either, but #3 happened under similar circumstances.  And it was fairly likely that I was ovulating, because that tends to make me more interested in such things. I realized a few days later that this was kind of stupid, and I'd probably end up having to take a test this month since there's a good chance I'll continue not having a period regardless since AF hasn't returned yet.

And suddenly I realized that this idea made me incredibly excited, and I AM ready for another, and so is DH, and the kids have been asking when we are having another for a while now, and I'v ebeen at my job long enough for maternity leave but don't want to stay in this job forever, so it's good from that perspective...

So now I guess we're trying? Or at least not avoiding, but that's tended to lead to babies pretty quickly in the past. And I'm doing stupid stuff like looking up very early pregnancy symptoms. I'm an RN. And a doula. And have 3 kids. I don't need to be looking that stuff up. I think I'm also working myself up into nausea.

The only problem is that we have to not-try on a fairly widely spaced schedule until AF returns if I want to have any hope of pinpointing conception (my sleep schedule isn't going to allow for accurate temping).

DH brought home some tests today. It's really too early still, but it's hard to resist just trying one since there are three in the package! (I think DH is a little excited about this, too).

So strange to be happy about it. My last pregnancy was not planned, and difficult to adjust to..

DS born 6/03, DD1 born 9/06, DD2 born 10/10, DD3 born 4/14.
#79 of 111 Old 05-25-2012, 05:47 PM

Welcome Livingsky and ocelotmom!  hoping for a short stay for both of you guys.

#80 of 111 Old 05-26-2012, 06:24 PM - Thread Starter

Welcome to Livingsky and ocelotmom!  LivingSky I've added you to the TWW, I'm not sure where you want me to place you ocelotmom.  Also, if there is any other info you'd like me to add to the main post let me know!

#81 of 111 Old 05-27-2012, 05:56 AM

Welcome Living Sky and Ocelotmom!  Good luck to both of you!

Ocelotmom, your story sounds similar to mine.  It was only a month ago that I really knew I wanted to ttc again and thought I'd wait a couple of months to start.  Ha!  Well within a week we were actively trying and I was disappointed we didn't conceive the first month (even though I knew the chances were slim!)  We're ttc #5.

AFM, I've had the strangest cycle ever.  On day 27 I started spotting and that continued until day 31 when I started really bleeding.  My cycles are like clockwork usually at 28 days (occasionally 27 or 29) and I never start with spotting.  What happened???  Could it be I had a fertilized egg that didn't stick?  I had a cycle like this several years ago (but no spotting, just late AF) between baby 2 and 3 where I had a faint BFP.  I thought I had a couple faint BFPs with this cycle too but convinced myself they were evap lines eventually.  Am I crazy? 

I'm counting first day of real AF flow as Day 1 of this cycle.  I'm just wondering if it's accurate.  I may start using OPKs really early just to see.  Should I start at CD5? (That would be CD10 from the start of the spotting.)  AF became really heavy though so am I fine with just starting at CD10 from that count?  Temping doesn't work for me...my schedule is too erratic.

#82 of 111 Old 05-27-2012, 07:51 AM

Sorry Jrsmom- I had a chemical pregnancy in January (first pp egg).  That is what it sounds like to me.

OMG-

I tested this morning and I got the faintest BFP.  Not so faint I guess, since DH can see it not problem.  He said.... What does this mean?  Ha ha.  Anyways, I have been feeling nauseous since 8dpo and it is starting to get worse already.  I tried to take a picture of it, but you can't see the line in the photo (still faint).  I will post it, but I am sure no-one can see it in the photo.  Don't move me yet, but cross your fingers ladies!2012-05-27_07-47-51_299.jpg

#83 of 111 Old 05-27-2012, 07:52 AM

Forgot to add, I am 10DPO today, earliest I have ever got a BFP is 13 days.... YEAH!

I have been having STRONG feelings of twins.  That would be intense!

#84 of 111 Old 05-27-2012, 08:48 AM

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Chloe'sMama, I can see that line! Fingers are crossed!

LivingSky hi! How fun would that be to be in the same DDC again! We'll see though, it took us a long time for DD. May you get your bfp swiftly! Good luck!

jr'smom, I don't think you're crazy. I think chemical pregnancies happen more often than people realize. I'm sorry. hug.gif My RE always said to start counting on the first day of real flow, which is what you said you did. I'm not sure about the OPK's. I would just start early to be safe. I sometimes think I'm the crazy one, since with nice heavy AFs and lots of ewcm when I expect it to come, I still sometimes think "what if I'm one of those people who's pregnant and didn't know it and had what she thought was AF?" I guess that's what extended TTC does to ya. rolleyes.gif That and wanting an excuse to explain why I still look slightly pregnant almost a year post partum. blush.gif

afm, I'm fairly sure I'm fertile this weekend with tons of ewcm. However, I have had a fever since Friday and DD has spent the last two nights awake and teething, so I think there will probably be no action this month. It's times like this that lead us to having conversations about how the heck we would make things work with two kids, so that doesn't help. I'm bummed about it because with our history I feel like every cycle counts, but I'll get over it. Happy fertile vibes everybody!

Our little miracles are here!!joy.gif
energy.gif DD Born 7/15/11 biggrinbounce.gif DS Born 4/3/13
love.giflove.gif Keep growing healthy and strong, beautiful little fighter babies!!!

Auntie to Nell, Greta, Maggie, and Elsa!

Remembering our 3 losses

#85 of 111 Old 05-27-2012, 10:19 AM

I can totally see the line Chloe'sMama! It looks like a BFP to me!!

#86 of 111 Old 05-27-2012, 03:02 PM

Yay, Chloe'sMama!!!

#87 of 111 Old 05-27-2012, 10:04 PM

Thanks ladies, I am getting so excited!  I took another test (Wondfo) this afternoon, without holding for too long and got a visible line!  So, two different types of tests!  No evap line!!!

Saying that... I had the 10mIU tests from babyhopes with FMU this morning and couldn't really see anything, maybe if I squinted and rotated and all the other things we do.... but, a dollar tree test and a Wondfo both gave much more visible lines and the wondfo wasn't even FMU.  I wouldn't waste the extra money again if I had it to do over.  We will see how tomorrow's tests look.  I am crossing my fingers that a bunch of us will move over to the Feb. 2013 ddc.  GOOD LUCK TO YOU GUYS!

2012-05-27_18-53-22_281.jpg

#88 of 111 Old 05-28-2012, 05:07 AM

Chloe'sMom I can totally see the line! CONGRATS!

Tear78 - That would be awesome! I know a lot of women who have had a much easier time conceiving #2 than #1. Maybe our body kind of figures out what it is we're trying to do smile.gif Fingers crossed for a swift BFP for you!

Married to my wonderful DH 5/2010, Mom to DS1 Kayden 7-14-2011 wild.gif and DS2 Jakob 8-29-2013 babyf.gif

Owned by Friesians and Drum Horses, plus the dogs, cats, rabbits and chickens

#89 of 111 Old 05-28-2012, 06:50 AM

Hi all,

I haven't posted forever, sorry.  For some reason suddenly I can read posts at work, but not post and I don't get on the computer much at home.

Pretty sure I O'd on CD17 (just based on CM and cramping) so just hanging out waiting for AF to see how long the 'ol luteal is this time round.  DH and I have been thinking about car shopping as we can't if two car seats in our current vehicle if one is rear-facing.  I'm getting really excited to TTC the next baby, and I feel like there's one waiting for us smile.gif (maybe a girl this time?).  BUT I am determined not to pull the goalie early like DH and I did last time. It was great that we conceived DS so quickly (first month) but  I need to work until April to earn my full bonus which will help cover the mortgage payments over Mat leave this time around.

N, wife to my goofball K partners.gif and mamma to my EC grad D (July 2010) and my new little love S (May 2013).  Exploring the uncharted territory of tandem nursing with my two boys.

#90 of 111 Old 05-28-2012, 07:57 AM

Tear- going from 1-2 is a little overwhelming at times, but really, going from 0-1 was harder for us.... Hopefully you can get a BFP soon.  It is something you jump into and it all turns out great!  I love seeing my girls play together and really love each other.  I am anxious about adding #3, but I know it is a good thing (it will be hard at first).  

Nstewart- you just need to wait a couple of months!  I am sure it will be easy for you too.  That is great about your bonus.  What a great opportunity.

My test was a bit darker this morning so I am feeling pretty good about it all.  I hope I can check in on you guys.  You have been such a great group to share my obsessing with. 2012-05-28_06-31-22_201.jpg

Tags
Trying To Conceive

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page