TTC while Nursing- May - Page 4 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#91 of 111 Old 05-28-2012, 09:05 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by jr'smom View Post

Welcome Living Sky and Ocelotmom!  Good luck to both of you!

Ocelotmom, your story sounds similar to mine.  It was only a month ago that I really knew I wanted to ttc again and thought I'd wait a couple of months to start.  Ha!  Well within a week we were actively trying and I was disappointed we didn't conceive the first month (even though I knew the chances were slim!)  We're ttc #5.

It's how it was with #2, too. I had a pregnancy "scare" that made me realize I was ready for another, and she was conceived the next cycle. (Then I came over here and posted for 2ww sanity and felt like a bit of a jerk when it happened so fast.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chloe'sMama View Post

Tear- going from 1-2 is a little overwhelming at times, but really, going from 0-1 was harder for us.... Hopefully you can get a BFP soon.  It is something you jump into and it all turns out great!  I love seeing my girls play together and really love each other.  I am anxious about adding #3, but I know it is a good thing (it will be hard at first).  

I agree, first baby was a MUCH bigger adjustment than either of the subsequent ones. I was anxious about #3 (very unplanned, and was pretty upset for the first trimester), but that was easy, too. I suppose it depends somewhat on the personalities and spacing, of course.

I tested this morning, prompted by seeing a positive with the same brand of test that I have on hand from someone who would be a due date buddy. Couldn't even convince myself that I maybe saw a line if I squinted in the right light. It's several hours later, and there isn't even an evap line to confuse me :p

It's still early (day 12), so I suppose I'll try again Friday or Monday if AF doesn't show up (though I have no real reason to believe that will happen either, since I'm still waiting on PPAF), but I'm pretty much at peace with it not having happened this time. There are a few ducks that would really be best gotten in a row first.

I do worry a bit about why AF has not returned yet. It's been 19 months. With the other two, it had returned by 12 months. We've been night weaned since about 9 months, and I work 12 hour shifts (no pumping) 3 days a week - I was nursing much more frequently at this point with the other two. As nice as it is not to have it (and it would be really amusing to catch the first cycle and have an LMP of January 21, 2010), it would be nice to know that everything is working properly and to have an actual schedule.

Oh how strange! I'm reading through my journal from when I was in early pregnancy with DD1, and came across a dream involving an elevator. I had a dream that was nearly identical this past week. 

DS born 6/03, DD1 born 9/06, DD2 born 10/10, DD3 born 4/14.
#92 of 111 Old 05-28-2012, 12:02 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Hi all, I haven't posted in awhile as I've been trying to relax a bit more about ttc... meaning think about it less. I have been reading though and wanted to say welcome to the new and returning members. Plus I had to write to say congrats to Chloe'sMama. That is one nice BFP especially so early!

AFM:My LO is getting molars and has been nursing more so we'll see when O happens. I'm on CD18 and O'd for the first time last cycle on CD20 or 21.

#93 of 111 Old 05-28-2012, 06:44 PM

Congrat's Chloe'sMama! Super happy for you!! Oh and thanks for posting all the tests- it makes it so much more exciting!

SAHM to DS stillheart.gif 7/1/2010, So excited for #2 due at the end of February!!!

#94 of 111 Old 05-28-2012, 07:08 PM - Thread Starter

Whoa!  I was starting to think this thread was dying! Apparently not!

Kitchen renos took me away for a couple of days, and will be taking me away again so forgive me if I missed something on the updates.

Chloe'sMama- Holy Cow!  I'm so happy for you, especially after all that talk about not TTC again.  How is your husband feeling about all of this? 

nStewart- We are in desperate need of a new car too, but I refuse to buy anything until we are pregnant and sure we aren't having twins.  I have this fear that we will buy a car and then get pregnant with twins and have to sell it and buy a van because the car seats won't fit.  I keep having strong images of having fraternal b/g twins, in which case we would probably have to buy a new house too!

Good luck to everyone else and welcome to all the newbies.  After a slow start it looks like we're back on track!  Keep coming BFP's!

Mom to DSfemalesling.GIF 13mo.

#95 of 111 Old 05-28-2012, 09:18 PM

Quote:

nStewart- We are in desperate need of a new car too, but I refuse to buy anything until we are pregnant and sure we aren't having twins.  I have this fear that we will buy a car and then get pregnant with twins and have to sell it and buy a van because the car seats won't fit.  I keep having strong images of having fraternal b/g twins, in which case we would probably have to buy a new house too!

OMG - I hadn't even thought of that!!  I can see why, but what are the chances, right??  Something to consider though.  Twins do actually run in my family (and in DHs, but I don't think that matters, does it?)  I was a twin, but it skips a generation, right?

Big congrats to Ocelotmom!  That's so exciting!!

N, wife to my goofball K partners.gif and mamma to my EC grad D (July 2010) and my new little love S (May 2013).  Exploring the uncharted territory of tandem nursing with my two boys.

#96 of 111 Old 05-29-2012, 05:23 AM

nstewart and wp135 - We're on the new car bandwagon as well. We're also waiting until we're pregnant though. Mostly because I want to pay off one of our current cars first and have a few months car payment free to save up for the new one. My current car barely even fits one car seat so it's going to have to go and be replaced with a car that will fit more seats (that will become DH's) and then DH's car is going too, and going to be replaced with a crossover. I know EXACTLY what I want for both vehicles but I'm trying sooo hard not to consider buying yet! No sense rushing into new vehicles and new vehicle payments if it may be a while yet before I get pregnant again.

On the other hand, I'm 9 DPO, been having mild cramps/twinges since about 4 DPO, heartburn, and reflux. So myabe we'll get lucky first time around this time smile.gif Fingers crossed! I'm not testing until Sunday (14DPO) because last time I got a BFN at 12DPO and BFP at 14DPO. Totally kills the urge to test early. Okay, maybe not totally, but it helps smile.gif

Married to my wonderful DH 5/2010, Mom to DS1 Kayden 7-14-2011 wild.gif and DS2 Jakob 8-29-2013 babyf.gif

Owned by Friesians and Drum Horses, plus the dogs, cats, rabbits and chickens

#97 of 111 Old 05-29-2012, 08:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nstewart View Post

OMG - I hadn't even thought of that!!  I can see why, but what are the chances, right??  Something to consider though.  Twins do actually run in my family (and in DHs, but I don't think that matters, does it?)  I was a twin, but it skips a generation, right?

Big congrats to Ocelotmom!  That's so exciting!!

No congrats due to me yet! :)

My DH used to insist that I was going to have twins because it runs in his family. I had to explain to him that it doesn't work that way. I still don't think he quite believes me :)

We got a suburban a few months ago, so we're set for up to three more. In that regard, anyways :)

#98 of 111 Old 05-29-2012, 11:40 AM

ocelotmom - LOL about your DH and twins. My DH is a fraternal twin, so we did a bunch of research to see how it works. I gather the deal is that any of our daughters would have an increased risk of twins. But ya, the guy part of the equation can't increase the chances of twins. I wish though! I'd really like b/g twins. Then I could have my 3 kiddos, and be done while I'm still young~ish. Of course with my luck, I'll haveanother singleton, then try for #3 and THEN get twins! LOL

Married to my wonderful DH 5/2010, Mom to DS1 Kayden 7-14-2011 wild.gif and DS2 Jakob 8-29-2013 babyf.gif

#99 of 111 Old 05-29-2012, 04:31 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)

Thanks everyone!  I am still reeling.  I can't believe it is true.  I have been taking 2-3 tests per day and actually did a CBE digital today (with afternoon urine) and got a 'pregnant'!  I am feeling waves of pretty intense nausea and almost threw up this morning when DH was making eggs.  

DH and I are both really excited.  Not used to getting BFP so early, so it is weird that I am not even 14dpo yet.   

Can't wait till some of you join me!  Baby dust to all!!!

SAHM to Chloe«- 6/2008 (10 lbs, 5 oz), Hannah- 9/2010 (9 lbs, 12 oz), Liam- 2/2013 (9 lbs, 6 oz)

#100 of 111 Old 05-30-2012, 07:58 PM

I'm just full of ambiguous symptoms - discharge, slight cramping and backache, headache (though that's not normally a big pregnancy thing for me), diarrhea (that, on the other hand, has been a symptom of all my pregnancies), tiredness, though I'm not sure I could really say it's all that much more than normal. But it's only 14 days DPO, and my luteal phase used to be 15. Last time I had no symptoms (that I recall - I wasn't looking for them and could easily have missed them or attributed them to PMS) until my period was at least a few days late. With #2 I had some similar symptoms pretty early.

I think that, if I'm not already pregnant, I'm going to avoid until AF returns, or I'm not going to have any time for who-knows-how-long when I'm not wondering. 

#101 of 111 Old 06-01-2012, 01:11 PM

Did I say CONGRATS to Chloe's Mom? If not, sorry for forgetting! That's awesome smile.gif

Of course, the fact that you got a BFP earlier than usual is making me want to test early. Must... wait... til... Sunday... ARGH! smile.gif

#102 of 111 Old 06-02-2012, 07:12 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)

Thanks Livingsky!   Can't wait to hear about how it goes tomorrow.  

I wanted to stop by and see how everyone is.  I also wanted to post my test from today (16dpo)... no more squinting required.  I hope everyone has a great weekend!

IMAG0724.jpg

SAHM to Chloe«- 6/2008 (10 lbs, 5 oz), Hannah- 9/2010 (9 lbs, 12 oz), Liam- 2/2013 (9 lbs, 6 oz)

#103 of 111 Old 06-02-2012, 07:36 AM

Yay!! That test is beautiful :)

Wishing you lots of luck Livingsky!

Afm- Not sure what my dpo is because I don't know when (or if) I O'd. But I'm going to test sometime soon seeing as DH and I DTD a lot last week. I'm not particularly hopeful because it seems so far fetched that I'll ever get pregnant (trying for over a year now!) but gotta keep on truckin', as they say! I'm super glad that you got a bfp Chloe'sMama! It gives me hope that more people will be soon to follow (hopefully me!!) Sending lovely baby sparkles to you all!

SAHM to DS stillheart.gif 7/1/2010, So excited for #2 due at the end of February!!!

#104 of 111 Old 06-02-2012, 08:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ocelotmom View Post

No congrats due to me yet! :)

My DH used to insist that I was going to have twins because it runs in his family. I had to explain to him that it doesn't work that way. I still don't think he quite believes me :)

We got a suburban a few months ago, so we're set for up to three more. In that regard, anyways :)

Sorry!  I saw the "positive" test, and assumed pregnancy test, not OPK type test!!  Reasons to post when actually fully awake rather than sleep deprived!  Well, hopefully I was forshadowing a short stay for you here!

We're going to look at a Ford Expedition this weekend.  There's one that seems like a good deal about an hour's drive away.  A 2004. Anyone have/had an Expedition?  Any advice to share?  If we do get it, we'll be good for twins too (at least in the car department, the house is another matter!!)

N, wife to my goofball K partners.gif and mamma to my EC grad D (July 2010) and my new little love S (May 2013).  Exploring the uncharted territory of tandem nursing with my two boys.

#105 of 111 Old 06-03-2012, 07:54 AM - Thread Starter

Jr'sMom had offered to be our thread hostess for June but I'm not sure where she went.  Would anyone else be willing to take over?  There is no way I can do it this month.

#106 of 111 Old 06-03-2012, 10:09 AM

Maybe, what does it require?

#107 of 111 Old 06-03-2012, 10:35 AM - Thread Starter

Basically just copying the first page post into a new thread and updating people's information as they post it.  The thread isn't terribly busy so it's just a few minutes each day or so.  Let me know and I can send you the instructions via PM.

#108 of 111 Old 06-03-2012, 11:45 AM

I can do it.  I'd appreciate instructions, since I've never done it before.  Thanks!

Mom to 5 amazing kids! (DS8, DS7, DD4, DD2 and DS0)

#109 of 111 Old 06-03-2012, 12:34 PM - Thread Starter

Sorry about that jr's mom.  I had sent you the instructions last week and never heard back from you.  I just sent them to you again via PM, please let me know if you don't get them. 

#110 of 111 Old 06-03-2012, 02:36 PM

Sorry, I didn't get the first message.  Thanks for the instructions!  I'll see if I can get the June thread going here in a minute!

#111 of 111 Old 06-03-2012, 02:42 PM

Here is the new thread..

http://www.mothering.com/community/t/1354834/ttc-while-nursing-june

Tags
Trying To Conceive

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page