17DPO, Neg. HPT but no AF? - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 11 Old 05-01-2012, 07:34 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Hi ladies! A little background - I have a 7 month old daughter and after she was born I developed Asherman's Syndrome due to complications with her placenta. Basically my uterus is scarring itself closed. Because of this my husband and I have been advised to try to get pregnant if we want another baby. I've had 5 PP periods and this is our first month TTC. I had been tracking my CM when we got pregnant with my daughter and while we weren't actively TTC, we got pregnant the first month we BD'd without protection. I know I O'd around April 14-15 because I had a transvaginal ultrasound on the 16th (to check the status of the scarring) and the corpus luteum was fresh and my dr. confirmed my ovulating suspicions. We BDd every day, 5 days before ovulation and the day of as well. Today my period is three days late. My cycles are usually about 26 days and the longest cycle PP was 31 days but that was post uterine surgery.

Has anyone ever tested negative at 17DPO but really been pregnant? I'm debating calling my dr for a beta test but I don't want to seem silly. I tested positive the day my period was due last pregnancy. My dr is just as anxious for me to get pregnant so I know he'd oblige but I wanted to wait a while before taking that route. I'm feeling exhausted (but, I have a seven month old!), nauseous, achy boobs, and an unusual amount of CM. Any ideas? Suggestions? Thanks ladies!

#2 of 11 Old 05-02-2012, 07:17 PM

I also tested positive on or a little before my period was due with my DD. This time around, I tested on 14dpo last thursday and haven't tested since.

Like you, I thought about getting a blood test done, but I think it makes more sense to wait until you've reached your longest cycle to call your doctor :)

Mama to DD(4) energy.gif&  DS baby.gif

#3 of 11 Old 05-02-2012, 11:09 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)

Are you taking anything? I know when I was taking vit. B6 my cycles became unusually long. My LP went from 10 to 16-18 days long. 

Are you breastfeeding? Did you test with FMU?

Me sleepytime.gif DH violin.gifand the kiddos run.gif   Follower of Jesus heartbeat.gif
#4 of 11 Old 05-03-2012, 05:46 AM

Hi AmberElizabeth!

I don't have much to contribute other than that my fertility clinic advised me to test of 15DPO and if that showed positive to come in for a blood test; if it were negative to begin plans for the next cycle.

Good luck!!

Me (27) and DW (33) TTC #1

#5 of 11 Old 05-03-2012, 02:52 PM - Thread Starter

Thanks everyone! I called my dr yesterday and they wanted me to start Provera this saturday if I was still testing negative and AF hadn't started. Luckily, AF ended up coming today. I didn't want to have to take any meds like that. An odd 30 day cycle but lesson learned - stop wasting money on HPTs and just wait!

aHikaru - I'm not currently taking anything but I had been on estrogen patches for about a month so I suspect these may have messed things up a bit. Here's to next month! :)

Katica - Unfortunately, I'm no longer breastfeeding. After having 3 surgeries by the time she was 3 months old, developing mastitis three times and being hospitalized twice for blood transfusions it was in all of our best interest for me to focus on getting healthy.

wannabmomkt - That's interesting and totally makes sense!

#6 of 11 Old 05-03-2012, 02:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmberElizabeth View Post

Thanks everyone! I called my dr yesterday and they wanted me to start Provera this saturday if I was still testing negative and AF hadn't started. Luckily, AF ended up coming today. I didn't want to have to take any meds like that. An odd 30 day cycle but lesson learned - stop wasting money on HPTs and just wait!

aHikaru - I'm not currently taking anything but I had been on estrogen patches for about a month so I suspect these may have messed things up a bit. Here's to next month! :)

Katica - Unfortunately, I'm no longer breastfeeding. After having 3 surgeries by the time she was 3 months old, developing mastitis three times and being hospitalized twice for blood transfusions it was in all of our best interest for me to focus on getting healthy.

wannabmomkt - That's interesting and totally makes sense!

I'm still late, tested neg last thursday 4/26, going to test again next tuesday...

good luck next cycle :)

#7 of 11 Old 05-03-2012, 08:02 PM - Thread Starter

aHikaru - what CD are you on? I need to start charting my temp. I stopped when I got pregnant with my daughter and haven't since. I really want a February baby (around my birthday) so I'm hoping this month sticks!

#8 of 11 Old 05-04-2012, 04:30 PM

My DD and I have february bdays, which was actually planned :) Hubby just left for deployment on Saturday, so we won't be able to try again for awhile.. I'm on cd 39, 22DPO... I tested on 14dpo and was going to test again next tuesday, but am probably going to push it to thursday. 

#9 of 11 Old 05-06-2012, 01:16 PM - Thread Starter

How fun to have birthdays like that! My DD and husband are both September so I REALLY want a February baby. So hopefully this is our month! :)

So, any updates? Any AF? Mine was super short and odd but definitely AF. So sorry to hear about your husband being deployed. That's got to be rough.

#10 of 11 Old 10-09-2012, 08:10 AM

Ok hello I am new here so here is my brief introduction. I am 28 my DH is 33 and we have a 4 year old daughter. We concieved her on our first try. This time around and 1 year of trying we have had no luck. This cycle we BD'ed 2 x a day to make sure we got something. I have been having crazy symptoms starting from 3 dpo such as crazy dull pain on the left side. these have been occuring ever since then and even now at 17 dpo. I also been urinating like crazy for the past 3 days having weird headches and breast tenderness like no other. I have tested at 12 dpo and 16 dpo still neg.gif. This morning I was for sure it was coming as the pain was so much like AF still nothing. I guess what I am trying to say is has anyone ever gotten their pos.gif after getting BFN results.

#11 of 11 Old 10-14-2012, 03:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by anais3500 View Post

Ok hello I am new here so here is my brief introduction. I am 28 my DH is 33 and we have a 4 year old daughter. We concieved her on our first try. This time around and 1 year of trying we have had no luck. This cycle we BD'ed 2 x a day to make sure we got something. I have been having crazy symptoms starting from 3 dpo such as crazy dull pain on the left side. these have been occuring ever since then and even now at 17 dpo. I also been urinating like crazy for the past 3 days having weird headches and breast tenderness like no other. I have tested at 12 dpo and 16 dpo still neg.gif. This morning I was for sure it was coming as the pain was so much like AF still nothing. I guess what I am trying to say is has anyone ever gotten their pos.gif after getting BFN results.

Ask it in a new thread. :) And I have no experience like that, personally.

Happily married Christian SAHM of 2 boys, DD1 uc.jpg, and DD2 July 2013 homebirth.jpg 

homeschool.gif   novaxnocirc.gif cd.gif   winner.jpg                                       

Tags
Trying To Conceive

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page