Uterine Massage - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 7 Old 05-02-2012, 06:43 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Hi all,

My husband and I are about to start TTC for number three, and we have many years of infertility to carry with us.  We are hoping it doesn't take us years this time, and I was told about some type of uterine massage that is offered at my chiropractor's office.  (I think it was uterine - it is done on the outside of your abdomen.)  Anyway, I remembered reading about it in Mothering Magazine a few years ago, and I was wondering if any of you had any experience with it.  Any feedback would be helpful :-)

Mandy

www.indisposablemama.com

Amanda

#2 of 7 Old 05-03-2012, 09:15 AM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 14 Post(s)

I have heard it called Maya Abdominal Massage also.  There are classes where they teach you to do it yourself.  I had a midwife recommend it to me when I said my uterus was tilted, but I did not pursue it.  The midwife is an expert in helping people conceive so I'm sure she has seen it work for people.  Good luck to you!

Married to a wonderful woman since 2010. Baby boy C arrived in June 2013!

Check out our User Agreement.
#3 of 7 Old 05-03-2012, 09:59 AM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)

I read about it in Mothering too, tried it, and after a year of TTC got pregnant the first cycle after using the techniques. I would definitely recommend arvigo massage!

tea6.gifcancer-beating wife to caffix.gif DH since 7/4/09, mother to REPlaySkateboard04HL.gifDS 5/1/11 + energy.gifDD 8/21/2013

angel1.gif (4/09) angel1.gif (5/12)

#4 of 7 Old 05-03-2012, 11:20 AM - Thread Starter

Thank you both so much for the insight.  I think I'm going to call and make an appointment.  The lady who does it is a chiropractor and a homeopathic dr who specializes in women's health and reproduction, so I think she would be a good fit.  I hope I have as much success as you do Mamapigeon. 

One last question, was it uncomfortable at all?  Did you do anything else differently that month besides the massage?  I'm not sure what your cause of infertility was. Mine is pcos.

Mandy

www.indisposablemama.com

Amanda

#5 of 7 Old 05-03-2012, 11:42 AM

Mandy,

I'd be interested in hearing about your experiences. I read about this in Mothering magazine years ago as well. We had 2dary infertility and tried for 3 years so I know where you are coming from when you say you hope it doesn't take that long again. We are ttc #3 as well. Best of luck and please post about your experience !

Thanks!

#6 of 7 Old 05-03-2012, 12:06 PM

I am posting from a new account because I wanted my account name to match my website, but this is aknapp1978 (the original poster.)

I will definitely let you know.  I am seeing my chiro for my neck on Saturday, and I'm hoping to make an appointment that day.  I know she's going to want me to try herbs and a bunch of stuff, but I'm hoping she will start with just the massage because that's what I'm most interested in.

It took us four years to get pregnant with #1, but it only took us 9 months with number 2, so who knows where we will be this time. 

Good luck with you.  I hope number 3 comes much easier than did number 2.

Mandy

www.indisposablemama.com

#7 of 7 Old 05-03-2012, 12:13 PM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by aknapp1978 View Post

One last question, was it uncomfortable at all?  Did you do anything else differently that month besides the massage?  I'm not sure what your cause of infertility was. Mine is pcos.

The massage left me feeling a little sore, like you might feel if you exercise more than usual, but I didn't notice that until about a day after getting it.

I don't think I changed my routine the month I conceived, other than the uterine massage. I suppose it might have been random chance, but after a year of trying I felt like it was responsible. I'm not sure why I had difficulty conceiving, though at the time I believed it was due to depo provera a year and a half before.

tea6.gifcancer-beating wife to caffix.gif DH since 7/4/09, mother to REPlaySkateboard04HL.gifDS 5/1/11 + energy.gifDD 8/21/2013

angel1.gif (4/09) angel1.gif (5/12)

Tags
Trying To Conceive

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page