Late period and BFN - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 
 
Thread Tools
#1 of 16 Old 05-06-2012, 10:32 AM - Thread Starter
 
mamapigeon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Vancouver, WA
Posts: 1,195
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)

I was expecting my period on the 3rd, yet it is nowhere in sight. I don't chart, but I do keep track of days between cycles and had a 35 day cycle last time, Feb 22nd-March 29th. I have tested several times and all were negative. DH and I haven't dtd much lately and for both of my previous pregnancies I've gotten fairly early positives.
 

I'm kind of afraid this is PCOS... I guess I'm just looking for a way to keep sane until I test again on the 10th. Anyone have stories of testing positive after several negative tests?


tea6.gifcancer-beating wife to caffix.gif DH since 7/4/09, mother to REPlaySkateboard04HL.gifDS 5/1/11 + energy.gifDD 8/21/2013

 

 angel1.gif (4/09) angel1.gif (5/12)

mamapigeon is offline  
#2 of 16 Old 05-07-2012, 12:37 PM
 
Mz J's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: United Kingdom
Posts: 35
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mamapigeon View Post

I was expecting my period on the 3rd, yet it is nowhere in sight. I don't chart, but I do keep track of days between cycles and had a 35 day cycle last time, Feb 22nd-March 29th. I have tested several times and all were negative. DH and I haven't dtd much lately and for both of my previous pregnancies I've gotten fairly early positives.
 

I'm kind of afraid this is PCOS... I guess I'm just looking for a way to keep sane until I test again on the 10th. Anyone have stories of testing positive after several negative tests?

Hi.. I've heard lots of women have many BFN then eventually get a BFP.. so keep positive.  Maybe your period is late this cycle, or maybe you Ovulated later than you thought, also bearing in mind that Implantation time varies... So you may be pregnant but just not producing enough HCG to be detected by HPT just yet....

 

Try to hold out a few more days then test again.... Wish you luck... keep me posted  x

Mz J is offline  
#3 of 16 Old 05-08-2012, 08:28 AM - Thread Starter
 
mamapigeon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Vancouver, WA
Posts: 1,195
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)

Thanks for the reply, Mz J! I've wondered about late ovulation this cycle, makes me wish I temped or kept track of cm! oops


tea6.gifcancer-beating wife to caffix.gif DH since 7/4/09, mother to REPlaySkateboard04HL.gifDS 5/1/11 + energy.gifDD 8/21/2013

 

 angel1.gif (4/09) angel1.gif (5/12)

mamapigeon is offline  
#4 of 16 Old 05-08-2012, 12:56 PM
 
Gr8fulMama's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Belleville, NJ
Posts: 35
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I was due on the third also, and AF is nowhere in sight.  This is our first month of not actively trying after 4 failed IUI cycles.  The weird thing is that during the IUI's, my luteal phase was SUPER short, like 7 to 9 days.  So to have it be so long this time is weirding me out.  

 

But my tests are very clearly BFN's at this point.

 

Maybe it's just my body getting used to not being on the fertility drugs anymore.  Has anything else changed for you this cycle?  New foods?  Illness?  Travel?

Gr8fulMama is offline  
#5 of 16 Old 05-08-2012, 09:28 PM - Thread Starter
 
mamapigeon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Vancouver, WA
Posts: 1,195
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gr8fulMama View Post

I was due on the third also, and AF is nowhere in sight.  This is our first month of not actively trying after 4 failed IUI cycles.  The weird thing is that during the IUI's, my luteal phase was SUPER short, like 7 to 9 days.  So to have it be so long this time is weirding me out.  

 

But my tests are very clearly BFN's at this point.

 

Maybe it's just my body getting used to not being on the fertility drugs anymore.  Has anything else changed for you this cycle?  New foods?  Illness?  Travel?

 

How interesting that you're experiencing the same thing! I haven't been on fertility drugs, but it seems reasonable that it would take a while to get used to being off of them. Do you plan on testing again soon?

 

My family moved out of state at the end of March, but other than that my stress level has been about the same, my diet is about the same (gained 5 lbs, though), and I'm still breastfeeding DS. No illness either.

 

I'm starting to experience a little nausea, but haven't noticed any other pregnancy symptoms.


tea6.gifcancer-beating wife to caffix.gif DH since 7/4/09, mother to REPlaySkateboard04HL.gifDS 5/1/11 + energy.gifDD 8/21/2013

 

 angel1.gif (4/09) angel1.gif (5/12)

mamapigeon is offline  
#6 of 16 Old 05-09-2012, 07:41 AM
 
Gr8fulMama's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Belleville, NJ
Posts: 35
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mamapigeon View Post

 

How interesting that you're experiencing the same thing! I haven't been on fertility drugs, but it seems reasonable that it would take a while to get used to being off of them. Do you plan on testing again soon?

 

My family moved out of state at the end of March, but other than that my stress level has been about the same, my diet is about the same (gained 5 lbs, though), and I'm still breastfeeding DS. No illness either.

 

I'm starting to experience a little nausea, but haven't noticed any other pregnancy symptoms.

 

I tested again this morning and actually got a BFP!!  I am using the wondfo strips instead of the early response tests, so that could be why it didn't show up when I tested on Monday.  It's so weird and seems unreal to me that after almost 2 years of trying and all the back & forth to the doctor, we got pregnant naturally the first cycle after stopping the IUI's!!

 

I hope you get the same result!

Gr8fulMama is offline  
#7 of 16 Old 05-09-2012, 07:45 AM - Thread Starter
 
mamapigeon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Vancouver, WA
Posts: 1,195
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)

I did!!!!! YAY!!!! Congratulations!!!! joy.gif


tea6.gifcancer-beating wife to caffix.gif DH since 7/4/09, mother to REPlaySkateboard04HL.gifDS 5/1/11 + energy.gifDD 8/21/2013

 

 angel1.gif (4/09) angel1.gif (5/12)

mamapigeon is offline  
#8 of 16 Old 05-09-2012, 08:17 AM
 
Gr8fulMama's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Belleville, NJ
Posts: 35
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

YAY!!!!! Congratulations to you!!!  How funny that we had the exact same experience!! 

 

Here's to hoping for sticky vibes for both of us!!  goodvibes.gif

Gr8fulMama is offline  
#9 of 16 Old 05-09-2012, 11:00 AM - Thread Starter
 
mamapigeon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Vancouver, WA
Posts: 1,195
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)

goodvibes.gif Sticky vibes indeed!   dust.gif  How wonderful to get pregnant your first cycle without treatment! Is this your first?

 

 

Do you know your EDD?  I'm thinking mine is Jan. 12-20. My positive was really faint so I'm guessing my ovulation was later this cycle than I realized.  I hope they put up our DDC soon!


tea6.gifcancer-beating wife to caffix.gif DH since 7/4/09, mother to REPlaySkateboard04HL.gifDS 5/1/11 + energy.gifDD 8/21/2013

 

 angel1.gif (4/09) angel1.gif (5/12)

mamapigeon is offline  
#10 of 16 Old 05-09-2012, 11:10 AM
 
Gr8fulMama's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Belleville, NJ
Posts: 35
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

It was really a total shock as I was not paying any attention this month AT ALL to cervical mucous, timing of DTD, any of it - we were "taking a break" for a couple months!!

 

This will be my second child, fourth pregnancy.  My son is 4 years old, and we've been trying for a sibling since early fall 2010.  I'm 41, so I went the fertility specialist route earlier than I might have otherwise.

 

I think my EDD is 1/7 or 1/8 - LMP was 4/3.  I am waiting for a call back from my doctor - I have a history of miscarriage so I supplemented with progesterone when I was pregnant with my son and want to start that as soon as I can, if I need to.

Gr8fulMama is offline  
#11 of 16 Old 05-09-2012, 11:13 AM
 
Alphaghetti's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: A Big City in Canada
Posts: 303
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Totally NOT ttc, but saw this on the "new posts" page and wanted to say CONGRATS!!! to both of you.  joy.gif Yay, babies.


Certified Crazy™ Wife to my Spiderman husband luxlove.gif(Aug '01)

 

Super proud Momma  to DD (Jan'00), DD (Apr '02) and DS (Jun '04)

Always loving and missing our Baby James angel.gif born sleeping at 19 weeks (July '03).

 

signcirc1.gif

Alphaghetti is offline  
#12 of 16 Old 05-09-2012, 11:40 AM
 
livinzoo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Flowery Branch, GA
Posts: 1,349
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Wow I'm experiencing the same thing, but no BFP yet.  I had a D&C for a blighted Ovum and based off my midwife saying my ovaries were tender because I was going to ovulate soon on April 16 and a positive OPK on the 18 I figure I ovulated o the 19th.  And no positive or AF yet so frustrating.

livinzoo is offline  
#13 of 16 Old 05-09-2012, 04:11 PM - Thread Starter
 
mamapigeon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Vancouver, WA
Posts: 1,195
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by livinzoo View Post

Wow I'm experiencing the same thing, but no BFP yet.  I had a D&C for a blighted Ovum and based off my midwife saying my ovaries were tender because I was going to ovulate soon on April 16 and a positive OPK on the 18 I figure I ovulated o the 19th.  And no positive or AF yet so frustrating.

 

 

Sending you dust.gif I hope you get an answer soon!


tea6.gifcancer-beating wife to caffix.gif DH since 7/4/09, mother to REPlaySkateboard04HL.gifDS 5/1/11 + energy.gifDD 8/21/2013

 

 angel1.gif (4/09) angel1.gif (5/12)

mamapigeon is offline  
#14 of 16 Old 05-12-2012, 03:20 PM - Thread Starter
 
mamapigeon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Vancouver, WA
Posts: 1,195
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)

Livinzoo, have you tested again? 


tea6.gifcancer-beating wife to caffix.gif DH since 7/4/09, mother to REPlaySkateboard04HL.gifDS 5/1/11 + energy.gifDD 8/21/2013

 

 angel1.gif (4/09) angel1.gif (5/12)

mamapigeon is offline  
#15 of 16 Old 05-12-2012, 05:12 PM
 
livinzoo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Flowery Branch, GA
Posts: 1,349
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Aunt flo arrived Thursday.  Can't wait to get back to trying.

livinzoo is offline  
#16 of 16 Old 05-12-2012, 08:01 PM - Thread Starter
 
mamapigeon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Vancouver, WA
Posts: 1,195
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)

Thanks for updating. Good luck next round! goodvibes.gif


tea6.gifcancer-beating wife to caffix.gif DH since 7/4/09, mother to REPlaySkateboard04HL.gifDS 5/1/11 + energy.gifDD 8/21/2013

 

 angel1.gif (4/09) angel1.gif (5/12)

mamapigeon is offline  
Reply

Tags
Trying To Conceive

Quick Reply
Message:
Drag and Drop File Upload
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



User Tag List

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off