The ONE Thread May 6 - 13 - Page 3 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#61 of 94 Old 05-14-2012, 02:07 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Tropicalfever, did AF come?  Did you drink more the night before the second test?  Only because my FMU tests did not get progressively darker, but my PMU tests did - i finally figured out it was because i drink not much in the day (when i'm chasing the kids) but a lot on the evenings (when they're in bed) so my morning urine is actually quite dilute and very variable!  I still have everything crossed for you, until AF shows you never know! :D

Mz J I can definitely see your line!  Congrats!

doularebekah could you please graduate me.  I'm 5+3 today and whether this one sticks or not i don't think i could pretend it was a "late period" at this stage.  Thanks so much for all your support guys, i'll keep on checking in on you all :D 

xxxxxxx

#62 of 94 Old 05-14-2012, 06:19 AM

Mz J: it does look like a line to me! More lines please! joy.gif

Now that I am a mom I no longer have time for knit.gif,teapot2.GIF,read.gif
#63 of 94 Old 05-14-2012, 06:22 AM

TropicalFever, I'm still hopeful for you - you're not out until AF shows.

AFM, please move me to Waiting To O.  AF arrived on Saturday after a nice 14-day LP and tons of symptom spotting.  I had cramping for a week after O, which was a first for me.  I also had that almost-spotting that was pink and showed only on the toilet paper which started at 11DPO and continued off and on until AF started (also a first for me).  I'm going to chart again, because I really missed charting this past cycle.  Can anyone point me to some good information on luteal phase spotting?  Is it something to be concerned about?

dog2.gifcrochetsmilie.gif Lovin' my sweetheart, pregnant with #1 (EDD Feb.2013) stork-suprise.gif

#64 of 94 Old 05-14-2012, 08:06 AM

I am so happy for the bfps!

I have only had two days of what I would call heavy spotting ( I don't think it qualifies as AF) that makes 7 days of spotting. I have no idea what that means. I have never spotted more than one day before AF and this is too much for IB, right? I think I should just call this one a light cycle. What do you all think? If I do call this a cycle do I count all 7 days even though the first 5 weren't even enough to show up on my pad...? I am so tired of all of this being funky.

hola.gif Married to and TTC with my best friend since 03/06/11 luxlove.gif. One angel.gif and hoping for our rainbow!. bouncy.gif In the meantime, just loving life and trusting God.
#65 of 94 Old 05-14-2012, 09:31 AM

Em,   The cycle doesnt technically start until you have actual bleeding, not spotting.  I definitely wouldnt count the days when it didnt even show up on the pad.  you could count the last 2 days as "light" with charting?  How do your temps look?  Did they drop around the time your spotting started?   Confusing cycles stink!   

Congrats Mz J and late congrats to GoBecGo!  Yay for BFPs.

GOod luck tropicalfever. Its not over yet :)

AFM  CD23 and still no O!  Lots of EWM yesterday though and finally got an OPK + today.  6 days later than normal but better late than never.  Time to go find DH :)

I am 29, married to DH for 2 years with 2 crazy pups and, after what feels like a huge wait (shorter than many, longer than wanted!), we are expecting our first little one April 2013.joy.gif

#66 of 94 Old 05-14-2012, 10:16 AM

FreedEm11: Your chart is confusing. I'm sorry you're having a hard time with trying to read the signs. I forget: are you using OPKs? Also you may want to try temping vaginally, I think another poster suggested that too, you might be able to get more consistent temps...

newtoTTC: good luck with catching the egg this cycle! Have fun!

#67 of 94 Old 05-14-2012, 01:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dakipode View Post

Mz J: it does look like a line to me! More lines please

THANKS FOR TAKING A LOOK.. I'm trying not to get too excited just yet... I know a line is a line not matter how faint, but i'll feel more at ease when I see a darker line in a few days...   Feels weird at 8dpo.....

How's your cycle going dakipode... ? x

#68 of 94 Old 05-15-2012, 08:26 PM

Congrats Mz J! I could see the line even in the thumbnail. It looks really promising to me thumb.gif

AFM - still hanging out waiting for the "O". It's been a stressful week & my temps have really fluctuated. I bought some OPK strips on a whim tonight and the one I took actually looked positive. So, I think I'll grab the pre-seed and seduce dh before I pass out from exhaustion. I'm in my last week of teaching classes before the break and have a million of things to do (hence the stress). A week from today I'll be done and I cannot wait!

Good luck to the others on the 2WW & waiting to O. Hope we all catch some eggs!

Beth - blissfully married to Doug. DS - Liam (5/10) nocirc.gif &  Darcy (2/13). homebirth.jpg waterbirth.jpgNew SAHM & Labor Doula.

babygirl.gif Welcome baby girl! Born at home, in the water, in the caul, and caught by daddy. February 24, 2013!  babygirl.gif

#69 of 94 Old 05-15-2012, 11:42 PM

HI GUYS.....

As promised I've posted a picture of the First Response test I took yesturday at  11DPO... Confirming the faint line I saw at 8DPO on the Clear Blue...

I almost knew for sure from the first test that I'm Pregnant as I've been having the metallic taste in my mouth and loss of appetite....  I was sure me and DH were in for the long haul.. so I truly feel blessed..   It's early days... hoping for a sticky sticky one!!!   

Theres some eggs ready to be laid this month... Hope they know there going to be nibbled on....  I'd love to hear success stories from each and every one of you......   I'll be hear waiting to Congratulate...

Hold your heads up through the TWW and AF....   BABY DUST TO YOU ALL.....

#70 of 94 Old 05-16-2012, 02:30 AM

Hi everyone,

Congrats Mz J bouncy.gif   Thats really awesome. Well I'm still waiting for AF which is three days overdue I'm at CD18 and I have a 21-day cycle. I hope everyone else is doing good. xoxo

pos.gif for #1  carefully threadingthe path to motherhood heartbeat.gif

#71 of 94 Old 05-16-2012, 03:06 AM

Congratulations Mz J and GoBecGo!!! 

Still hoping for you TropicalFever! 

AFM, I'm 8dpo.  I've got a bunch of cheap 10miu pregnancy tests that I'm dying to try out.  I thought I would this morning but I woke up at 4am and went to the bathroom thinking I'll go back to sleep and test at 7am.  Well, I couldn't go back to sleep.  I never go more than 3 or 4 hours without urinating, so it's probably extra stupid to test this early in my case.  Still, maybe I will tomorrow morning.

Mom to 5 amazing kids! (DS8, DS7, DD4, DD2 and DS0)

#72 of 94 Old 05-16-2012, 03:16 AM

Thanks jr's monm Wish you a BFP! Fingers crossed.

DoulaRebakah  haven't heard form you in while, I hope evrything is fine!

#73 of 94 Old 05-16-2012, 07:27 AM

Mz J: YAY! bouncy.gif Congratulations!

#74 of 94 Old 05-16-2012, 09:56 AM

Congrats to all the BFP!

AFM, I had a pretty big temp drop this morning, but AF isn't due for another 5 days, so I'm not sure what to make of it.  With my long cycle I'm not going to test for another few days.  I'm 11 dpo today.  

Any insight into what would cause a drop (right down to my cover line)?  I know that implantation can cause a drop, but I didn't think that happened this late after O, and to such an extreme?

http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/3caa12

Megan - DP Mike - DS Jack (Feb 2010)

****5****10****15****20****25****30****35**stillheart.gif*40**

#75 of 94 Old 05-16-2012, 02:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jr'smom View Post

Congratulations Mz J and GoBecGo!!! 

Still hoping for you TropicalFever! 

AFM, I'm 8dpo.  I've got a bunch of cheap 10miu pregnancy tests that I'm dying to try out.  I thought I would this morning but I woke up at 4am and went to the bathroom thinking I'll go back to sleep and test at 7am.  Well, I couldn't go back to sleep.  I never go more than 3 or 4 hours without urinating, so it's probably extra stupid to test this early in my case.  Still, maybe I will tomorrow morning.

Thanks for the Congratulations.. although it has yet to sink in ... I tested at 8DPO on a Clear Blue and I'm guessing your 10miu are more sensitive... I was in utter shock and did not expect to see a very very faint line...  Try in the morning..tell yourself it's going to be negative cause it's to early and just see... Even if it's Negative... don't get disheartened... try again in a few days....      Oooooo fingers crossed for you!!!!!!!!!

#76 of 94 Old 05-16-2012, 02:21 PM

THANKS EVERYONE FOR THE CONGRATULATIONS ON MY BFP.. MUCH APPRECIATED...

On that note... with my two daughters I did not test until my period was late and did not feel nausea until a few weeks after..

This time around.. I got a positive test 6 days prior to my period being due...  I've felt  ill for the last 5 days only 8 days past ovulating...

My egg must be a real quick mover.. I feel pregnant already.. metallic mouth..exhausted.. and extra hot...  Hmmm.. I wonder if maybe I'm expecting a boy???

#77 of 94 Old 05-16-2012, 06:05 PM

ooh, congrats Mz J!  very exciting!

I'm still waiting to O.. should be in the next day or so.

I've definitely got baby fever so hoping I don't have to wait TOO many cycles for a bfp.

Hope you're all feeling well today.

winner.jpgfamilybed2.gifsewmachine.gifcd.gif Homeschooling, happy, messy-housed mama to my 2 wild boys fencing.gif 10/05 and 9/08, and my sweet little girl babygirl.gif 2/13 and blessed to be married to the best guy for me since 12/96.
#78 of 94 Old 05-16-2012, 07:02 PM

Please move me to waiting to O

S (35yo) wife to T (36yo) and mamma to my princess M (5/10/10).  After 3 losses in 2012, found an AMAZING doctor and gave birth to baby sister S on 11/12/13.
#79 of 94 Old 05-16-2012, 10:08 PM

Jumping on in! I am waiting to O. DH and I will start BDing this weekend as we celebrate my birthday. This is my first cycle TTC. I have been taking extra-good care myself lately. Biking to work, walking our son to school, eating all the fertility superfoods, and drinking red raspberry leaf tea like crazy. Even no alcohol and barely any coffee (did have a wicked caffeine withdrawal headache yesterday).  

Here's a question: DH has to go out of town for work frequently. How does this affect my temperature? Should I get a hot water bottle to replace him? 

Enjoying reading everyone's posts. Good luck everybody!

#80 of 94 Old 05-17-2012, 03:44 AM - Thread Starter

Hello! I'm so sorry I've been awol - we've just moved house last weekend and they weren't able to set our internet up until tonight! Argh, I've been dying without it - haha. 

I'm going to just let this thread run until Sunday and then start the next one, and I'll do proper catch ups, etc tomorrow. 

Hope you're all well!

Doula, teacher, designer, maker. Living above the mangroves, looking out over the water in beautiful Aotearoa with my husband, our dear friends and a little grey cat.

#81 of 94 Old 05-17-2012, 07:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClumsySugarPlum View Post

Jumping on in! I am waiting to O. DH and I will start BDing this weekend as we celebrate my birthday. This is my first cycle TTC. I have been taking extra-good care myself lately. Biking to work, walking our son to school, eating all the fertility superfoods, and drinking red raspberry leaf tea like crazy. Even no alcohol and barely any coffee (did have a wicked caffeine withdrawal headache yesterday).  

Here's a question: DH has to go out of town for work frequently. How does this affect my temperature? Should I get a hot water bottle to replace him? 

Enjoying reading everyone's posts. Good luck everybody!

Your husband being gone likely won't affect your BBT much at all, though you may just have to wait and see.  In my experience, when my husband is away I end up wearing much warmer pajamas to bed because I'm cold without him.  Do whatever you need to in order to be comfortable/warm enough at night whether that's an extra blanket or warmer pj's but I would suggest not using a heat source like a hot water bottle or heated blanket.

dog2.gifcrochetsmilie.gif Lovin' my sweetheart, pregnant with #1 (EDD Feb.2013) stork-suprise.gif

#82 of 94 Old 05-17-2012, 01:09 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)

Can I join? We had TTC'd for 5 months when I got pregnant but have now m/c. (6 weeks) I'm still brown spotting from the m/c and go in on Monday to confirm that everything came out and that I (HOPEFULLY HOPEFULLY HOPEFULLY) won't need a D&C. I have some irregular cycles and midcycle bleeding but have been having good success with Vitex. (Although, the month I got pregnant was my first month off it after taking it for 3 months.) I guess I am in the waiting to O category. I have been drinking RRLT by the bucket loads to try to make sure that I m/c completely, if that interests anyone for future reference...

belly.gif1***5****10****15****20****25****30****35heartbeat.gif***40babygirl.gif

#83 of 94 Old 05-17-2012, 07:46 PM

BaileyB, I'm sorry for your loss. I wish you a speedy recovery. hug2.gif

#84 of 94 Old 05-18-2012, 02:14 AM

20 DPO no AF tested yesterday BFN so I'm waiting . Took an appointment with OBGYN for Monday just to find out whats going on in me. Happy babay dust to everyone dust.gif

#85 of 94 Old 05-18-2012, 07:58 AM

Baby dust to you Tropicalfever  dust.gif

AFM - you can move me to 2ww! The crosshairs finally posted today. Looks like I'm DPO 3. Thanks goodness I'm stocked on internet cheapies  thumb.gif

Beth - blissfully married to Doug. DS - Liam (5/10) nocirc.gif &  Darcy (2/13). homebirth.jpg waterbirth.jpgNew SAHM & Labor Doula.

babygirl.gif Welcome baby girl! Born at home, in the water, in the caul, and caught by daddy. February 24, 2013!  babygirl.gif

#86 of 94 Old 05-18-2012, 02:42 PM

Hello All,

I hope this is how I add to this Thread. I have been reading everyone's post and it's like I already know you. This is my first month and I am still trying to learn all the lingo involved. I had a Mirena IUD in and it was taken out the 18th of last month. I never really had a AF while I had it in. I had intermitten bleeding and spotting for two weeks after it was removed. I honestly have no idea where in my cycle I am at. I don't know if I should wait for my next AF to start charting? I have been using Ovulation test strips but I haven't seen much about them on here so I do not know if they are really accurate or not, anybody using them? I guess for right now I am waiting to O......seems like I am waiting forever and it sucks that I have no idea where I am at, but if it doesn't happen this month I guess I can really start charting next month. Looking forward to sharing this journey with all of you ladies from around the world.

#87 of 94 Old 05-19-2012, 03:51 AM

Welcome Delilahbeau! The o test strips usually work well. Good luck!

AFM, I'm 11dpo and got the FAINTEST line on my pregnancy test this AM. It showed up in a couple minutes but it's so faint its hard to tell if it's pink. I'm not trusting it yet, but it's hard not to get my hopes up! It would be amazing if we got pregnant on our first try this time. (it's taken up to nine cycles in the past.). I'll test again tomorrow morning.

#88 of 94 Old 05-19-2012, 04:07 AM

I can't stop staring at this line...even though it's just as likely an evap line. Do evaps show up in a couple minutes? I've never seen one except in pictures. This is driving me crazy!

#89 of 94 Old 05-19-2012, 07:41 AM

Sorry to keep obsessing but who else can I bug with this? I took another test and see another barely there line. Seeing that one though makes me more sure there's color to the first one. It's also normal thickness. I'm out of town and only brought two tests so I'll have to wait until tomorrow afternoon to test again. I really hope I see a darker line tomorrow! I know the trouble with testing so early is picking up on a fertilized egg that doesn't stick. Crossing my fingers and praying!

#90 of 94 Old 05-19-2012, 01:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by delilahbeau View Post

Hello All,

I hope this is how I add to this Thread. I have been reading everyone's post and it's like I already know you. This is my first month and I am still trying to learn all the lingo involved. I had a Mirena IUD in and it was taken out the 18th of last month. I never really had a AF while I had it in. I had intermitten bleeding and spotting for two weeks after it was removed. I honestly have no idea where in my cycle I am at. I don't know if I should wait for my next AF to start charting? I have been using Ovulation test strips but I haven't seen much about them on here so I do not know if they are really accurate or not, anybody using them? I guess for right now I am waiting to O......seems like I am waiting forever and it sucks that I have no idea where I am at, but if it doesn't happen this month I guess I can really start charting next month. Looking forward to sharing this journey with all of you ladies from around the world.

Hi and welcome...  I have used the internet cheap Ovulation test strips, you can get a whole bunch on ebay for quite cheap.. I came off the Contraceptive patch March 16th.. began using the Ovulation tests, which really helped me know when I O'd along with cramping. Although I didn't conceive that month. I got my BFP (big fat positive) this month!!  I really do put it down to the O tests as they confirmed when was best to send the troops out to greet the egg... There inexpensive and give you an insight into when you get your LH surge so you know your due to O the day after.. Atleast you can time trying to get pregnant... Good luck..x

Tags
Trying To Conceive

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page