The ONE Thread May 6 - 13 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 94 Old 05-06-2012, 01:12 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

WELCOME TO THE "ONE" THREAD  for April 29-May 5!!!

posted by alexisyael in 2004:

The One Thread is designed for all on the MDC board. No matter where you are in your cycle, you are welcome to join the One Thread! We are also open to those who are "Waiting to be Ready" for one reason or another. We continue to embrace those of us who have become pregnant as well. Feel free to jump in at any time and introduce yourself!

To help keep the list current and manageable, members will be deleted after a month of not posting to a One thread.

Please make add/remove/change requests in Bold.

whistling.gifWaiting to O whistling.gif

baby4makes6

dakipode

doularebekah BFPChart2.gif

filiadeluna BFPChart2.gif

jeslynn BFPChart2.gif

KatCooke

Lisoula

LindsayDawn BFPChart2.gif  

livingsky

maia.springgoddess

maydaymom10

Mom2IrishBoys BFPChart2.gif

nattery

newtoTTC

nearlyelated

Shawnamarie BFPChart2.gif    

Stevi BFPChart2.gif

Tropicalfever

WildDoula BFPChart2.gif

headscratch.gif Waiting to Know (2WW) headscratch.gif

A2E BFPChart2.gif

aHikaru

aj_18

Angierae BFPChart2.gif

bebelove BFPChart2.gif

brichole BFPChart2.gif

dbl_my_luv BFPChart2.gif

firsttimettc

Fnord BFPChart2.gif  

FreedEm11 BFPChart2.gif

GoBecGo

kittenbritches BFPChart2.gif

LindsayDawn BFPChart2.gif   

naynay455 BFPChart2.gif

organicviolin

stegenrae BFPChart2.gif

SophieAnn BFPChart2.gif

wannabemomkt

WildDoula BFPChart2.gif

confused.gif WTF IS GOING ON?!?! confused.gif

southernmommie

RavenMadMommy

idea.gif Waiting to be Ready idea.gif

anyalily BFPChart2.gif

candyshells

gratefulstella BFPChart2.gif

imbjer

jeminijad

jlmschirm BFPChart2.gif

John16n33

LisaAdkins20

LivingSky

Michaels-Mommy

nisojon BFPChart2.gif    

samy23 

SKJ2011 BFPChart2.gif  

sleepingbeauty BFPChart2.gif
Texanromaniac BFPChart2.gif
CDsMom1031 BFPChart2.gif
Zyon'sMommy

joy.gif ~ GRADUATES~ joy.gif

Big congrats to you all!!

Graduate Thread in I'm Pregnant

http://www.mothering.com/community/t/1337758/the-one-thread-graduates-december-2011

(the current thread keeper can update the graduate link as needed)

heartbeat.gif April BFP's heartbeat.gif

bellybaby2012

heartbeat.gif February BFP's heartbeat.gif

gozal BFPChart2.gif

Doula, teacher, designer, maker. Living above the mangroves, looking out over the water in beautiful Aotearoa with my husband, our dear friends and a little grey cat.

#2 of 94 Old 05-06-2012, 01:26 PM - Thread Starter

Wow, last week flew by! I'm off work sick today so finally able to catch up on everyone while feeling sorry for myself in bed - ha!

GoBecGo - Things are looking very good!

Stevi - Did you want me to add you to Waiting To Be Ready? I can understand wanting to take a little time off to get yourself feeling healthy and ready. Hopefully that's soon! I'll be thinking of you this month hug2.gif

FreedEm - I just took a look at your chart, I forget though - is this your first month charting? I agree with dakipode that a clear temp shift is hard to see but based on CM and the fact that your temps don't dip as much after CD40 I would say that around then would be accurate. Are your cycles usually this long? I mean, lots of people just have charts that are fairly up and down with their temps and it doesn't mean anything and they go on to have healthy pregnancies but as dakipode said it could sometimes mean a thyroid issue, pcos or something else like that. Have you checked any of those out? Anyway, please let us know how you're doing - thinking of you!

BetsyPage - Welcome to the group! I'm glad you've found us! Did you want me to add you to any particular part of the roll call up there? Waiting to O, 2WW, etc? Hopefully your stay here is short!

nearlyelated - Your link didn't work, are you able to try again? But yes, 3 days of elevated temps is generally what you're looking for to determine ovulation. In saying that, mine almost always drop the day after O and then rise again so everyone has their own pattern. Overall you're looking for a fairly obvious temp shift from the pre-O to luteal phase. 

purplepeeapple likes this.

Doula, teacher, designer, maker. Living above the mangroves, looking out over the water in beautiful Aotearoa with my husband, our dear friends and a little grey cat.

#3 of 94 Old 05-06-2012, 06:23 PM

Nah, I'm okay where I am. I had an unexpected opportunity to BD a couple days ago, so I guess I'm still trying.

43 w/Emphysema - TTC from 2005 - 2013. 2 miscarriages in 2008. Good things do not come to those who wait.

#4 of 94 Old 05-06-2012, 08:39 PM

Hi ladies,

I will try to answer all of the questions.

This is my first month actually charting. I used an app on my phone that predicted ovulation and expected period but I used it because it was only using a 14 day luteal phase and I could tell that mine was different. I have not been to the doctor to check for PCOS or Thyroid problem or anything, We will soon we are trying to figure out insurance still. My cycles have always been all over the place. From 12-15 years old they were every 29 days on the dot and I thought it was all under control then around 16 years old I started missing months and have two/three day periods. Then for like 9 months in 2010 I had really regular 31 day cycles and in like July 2011 (four months after we started TTC) my cycles started being sporatic again. Some months they seem normal and some months I miss completely. In 2012 I started my period Jan 15 and it lasted 4 days (4 days is normally how long mine last) then I missed all of Feb and started on March 15 (lasted 4 days) then missed all of April and now it's May 6. I have never taken birth control or anything, I was even a virgin until my wedding night. I honestly didn't expect TTC to be this difficult.
To answer Dakipode - I have wondfo tests that I bought on Amazon they were very cheap 25 for $7 and I know it's not technically wasting because they were so cheap but I still feel silly using one I could use another month when it seems obvious based on temps that I'm not pregnant. I never know when AF is going to come when my cycles are like this. I think it's going to be around the 15th but then it doesn't show up for almost 50 days and I just feel very lost and waiting... any day now... maybe. My charts have been all over the place and it's really hard to tell when or if I ovulate. I also have a REALLY REALLY hard time understanding my CM. I feel like most of the time it all looks the same and I'm just guessing. I started reading "Taking Control of Your Fertility" but I haven't picked it up in a few days (relly hectic week, as evident on my chart), anyway I started reading TCOYF and it was helping so I should really commit to sitting down and reading that. I feel like if I can't take time to read a book how am I going to have time to take care of a baby... I don't know. I am really discouraged and I think we are going to try for one more cycle and then just stop. Take time to go see doctors etc. I have heard that lots of people get pregnant once they stop trying so who knows maybe we will get lucky. I have tried to stop wanting a baby before but it's pretty much impossible. I don't know how exactly I am going to "stop trying" except maybe just not temp and now worry about O and when to BD. I just worry that if I don't pay attention to these things for several months It's going to be that much harder once we decide we actually do want to try again. What do you guys think? How is the best way to stop trying?

Edit: Sorry it's so long. I didn't mean to type so much, but I hope I answered everyone's questions.

hola.gif Married to and TTC with my best friend since 03/06/11 luxlove.gif. One angel.gif and hoping for our rainbow!. bouncy.gif In the meantime, just loving life and trusting God.
#5 of 94 Old 05-07-2012, 05:53 AM

Here's the link again:  My Ovulation Chart  (http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/3caa12)

It's tough to make conclusions from one cycle (and one that's not over yet), but if this cycle is any indication, I have a 15 or 16 day luteal phase, which makes sense given my 30/31 day cycle.

So I had an elevated temp again this morning, so FF now has me officially at 3DPO, which would puts me in the beginning of the 2WW.  AF is due around the 20th, and I'm going to try not to test until close to then.

Megan - DP Mike - DS Jack (Feb 2010)

****5****10****15****20****25****30****35**stillheart.gif*40**

#6 of 94 Old 05-07-2012, 06:14 AM

FreedEm - don't worry, the baby will cry and scream and it makes your heart rattle, a book just sits there waiting for you notice it and feel bad for ignoring it....  If i were you i'd be wondering about thyroid issues, i don't have them online, but i charted for a while a number of years ago, before i had DD1, and my temps were very low like yours.  I didn't have annovulatory cycles, i did have a thermal shift, but when i first tracked my BBT's i was so cold!  Do you have other symptoms?

Are you cold (do you feel cold when those around you don't)?

Is your hair thin or brittle?

Do your small wounds seem to take a long time to heal?

Do you bruise easily?

Do your eyes feel dry or itchy, especially when you first wake?

Do your nails break easily and crack a lot?

Do you find it hard to lose weight?

Do you feel tired during exercise but find your heart isn't beating much faster than normal?

Do you have a low resting heart rate that is not in line with your general fitness?

Are you tired a lot, even after good rest/sleep?

Do you have pain in your joints?  Especially in the fingers and hands?

Do you have a goitre (swelling in your throat, can be smooth and smallish, or large and visible, my thyroid is always about 10% bigger than it should be on the right, but when i'm ill it's like a grapefruit!)?

There are other symptoms, everyone is affected slightly differently.  If you have more than one or two of those listed above then i would suspect thyroid problems and see a doctor as soon as you get your insurance worked out - in the meantime kelp supplements or "thyroid support" supplements might help (they vary in cost and effeciacy, you might need to experiment).

AFM i'm still here, still getting 2 lines when i test, still not quite ready to graduate as i'm so scared of yet another early loss.  If i make it to Friday without incidence then i'll think about it again.

#7 of 94 Old 05-07-2012, 08:42 AM

FreedEm11:  The best way to stop trying for you is whatever you find to be the least stressful.  If charting is reassuring to you, continue charting (for science!).  If charting is stressing you out, stop charting.  I would encourage you to continue charting (until you see a doctor/RE) if you do want to actively TTC because I do think it is especially helpful for women with irregular cycles to understand what is going on with their body.  So far, it doesn't look like you've ovulated.  You may be having an annovulatory cycle or be ovulating late this cycle.  Another thing to consider for next cycle is vaginal temping - if your temps are rocky due to mouth breathing or irregular waking then vaginal temping can help give you more stable, meaningful charts.

nearlyelated:  That is a very clear and convincing temp shift, looks great!  A 15 or 16 day LP is also great, very healthy.  It might be a PITA for the TWW though.  wink1.gif

AFM:  Not much to report.  My "symptoms" have faded mostly but I'm not reading anything into it.  CD25, 10-11 DPO I'm guessing (didn't temp this month).  I'm waiting until Friday to test.  4 more days.  knit.gif

dog2.gifcrochetsmilie.gif Lovin' my sweetheart, pregnant with #1 (EDD Feb.2013) stork-suprise.gif

#8 of 94 Old 05-07-2012, 09:22 AM

Hi everyone!

Welcome Betsypage  I too have a short cycle 21 days!

Can I be moved to waiting to know? Well I hope to get a BFP because I BD on the day pf ovulation. I just cant hold in place I'm so anxious cant wait for sunday to test and sunday also happens to be DP's birthday (he's been hoping for this for a while now, I wasn't ready yet) hope its positive. Aside that I'm doing good but for some cramps like I've never had beofre at first it felt like the cramps pre-AF but know its just not that its right in the midle of my I don't know if its the uterus but well somewhere there, and it hurts when I change position sit stand or sneeze. I just hope this doesnt mean bad news. aside that my heart race keep climbing its really hot these days I find consolation in litres of water.

Happy baby dust everyoneeee

pos.gif for #1  carefully threadingthe path to motherhood heartbeat.gif

#9 of 94 Old 05-07-2012, 10:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreedEm11 View Post

I honestly didn't expect TTC to be this difficult.
To answer Dakipode - I have wondfo tests that I bought on Amazon they were very cheap 25 for $7 and I know it's not technically wasting because they were so cheap but I still feel silly using one I could use another month when it seems obvious based on temps that I'm not pregnant. I never know when AF is going to come when my cycles are like this. I think it's going to be around the 15th but then it doesn't show up for almost 50 days and I just feel very lost and waiting... any day now... maybe. My charts have been all over the place and it's really hard to tell when or if I ovulate. I also have a REALLY REALLY hard time understanding my CM. I feel like most of the time it all looks the same and I'm just guessing. I started reading "Taking Control of Your Fertility" but I haven't picked it up in a few days (relly hectic week, as evident on my chart), anyway I started reading TCOYF and it was helping so I should really commit to sitting down and reading that. I feel like if I can't take time to read a book how am I going to have time to take care of a baby... I don't know. I am really discouraged and I think we are going to try for one more cycle and then just stop. Take time to go see doctors etc. I have heard that lots of people get pregnant once they stop trying so who knows maybe we will get lucky. I have tried to stop wanting a baby before but it's pretty much impossible. I don't know how exactly I am going to "stop trying" except maybe just not temp and now worry about O and when to BD. I just worry that if I don't pay attention to these things for several months It's going to be that much harder once we decide we actually do want to try again. What do you guys think? How is the best way to stop trying?

I feel you. TTC can be an emotional roller coaster. I had some sort of expectations, not sure what exactly, but not what I'm going through, not this constant feeling happy and then sad, disappointed, then hopeful again. I didn't think it would affect me this much. I only have a slight interested in being pregnant, I'm more anxious about wanting to be a parent.

I think once you have a baby you will make sure it's a priority. I wouldn't worry about it. I assume the mothering instinct will kick in and the baby will be taken care of regardless of anything else you have going on in your life. The fact that it weighs on your conscience now would have me believe that you will be a responsible mommy, so keep your chin up!

And regarding that whole "stop trying"... Yeah... "Just let it happen" isn't helpful to me. I think focusing on your health, both mental and physical is the best you can do and the rest is up to... god, fate, whatever you believe in.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoBecGo View Post

AFM i'm still here, still getting 2 lines when i test, still not quite ready to graduate as i'm so scared of yet another early loss.  If i make it to Friday without incidence then i'll think about it again.

I'm happy to have you here. Your dark lines keep me hopeful and I'm cheering for you!

AFM: will I ever O? This feels like the longest ever. My OPK lines are staying faint, not darkening, I'm on CD21 today and still nothing. Aaargh, it's starting to feel like 2WW. I've lost some weight recently, maybe that's delaying it? Maybe I should put those 5 lbs back on? I'd do anything to speed up O. Another poster mentioned that having short cycles makes her feel like she's on AF all the time but at this point I'd gladly have more chances to conceive, not like the 10 I had last year...

Now that I am a mom I no longer have time for knit.gif,teapot2.GIF,read.gif
#10 of 94 Old 05-07-2012, 10:41 AM

dakipode - Sorry you are stuck in waiting to O land. I personally don't love that part of my cycle b/c I feel all this pressure on me. I hope O shows up soon and this will be your last tww.

TropicalFever - hope your DP gets his best birthday present ever! Fingers crossed for you.

SophieAnn - hope the next 4 days go by fast and end with a BFP.

nearlyelated - that is one awesome temp spike!

FreedEm - hug.gif The whole TTC thing is such an emotional rollercoaster. With my DD, I got pg on my first try once i knew when I was O'ing. I thought for sure that's how it would go again. Well, this time around, we tried for about 9 months before getting pg, only to lose that baby around 9 weeks. The whole process has totally changed me. I used to be a big control freak on the TTC front, but I had to give up all my false sense of control and just let life happen. Once I gave up the timeline aspect, it took a lot of pressure off. I hope AF (or a BFP) finds you quickly and your next cycle is more normal. Sorry you are dealing with all this confusion.

AFM - one more high temp and I will have officially O'ed. I'm feeling really positive and optimistic about this cycle. I'm ok with it not working out, but I just have this feeling. Will be interested to see if the feeling was all in my head or not. I just feel really lucky that I got to try this month since my hcg was taking forever to go down after my loss.

S (35yo) wife to T (36yo) and mamma to my princess M (5/10/10).  After 3 losses in 2012, found an AMAZING doctor and gave birth to baby sister S on 11/12/13.
#11 of 94 Old 05-07-2012, 11:41 AM

Hi Guys.....        Wanted to jump in ... This is my 2nd Cycle and I'm currently only 3 days (May 7th) into my TWO WEEK WAIT....

Here's my story...

I've been having 28 days cycle's for ever whilst on the contraceptive patch, I removed the patch on March 16th and had AF on March 19th (CD1) I then ovulated on April 6th (CD19)... AF showed her face on April 20th (CD33)  My Luteal Phase was 14 days = So last cycle was 32 days

This Cycle.. AF showed on April 20th (CD1)    I ovulated on May 4th (CD15)   So I'm currently 3DPO today May 7th..  I'm pretty impressed that considering I was on the contraceptive patch for so long my periods have done an impressive job at stabilising..  But I guess that because I always HAD 28 day cycles but my last cycle was 32 days.. I can not pinpoint when to expect my next AF.. which is a real pain....greensad.gif  This just makes the TWW even more frustrating...

I guess its safe to expect AF between CD 28 - CD 32 which is May 17 - May 21...

Is anyone else going to test around this time...???   Would really like some support you guys.. between the stomach cramps, over heating and simply thinking of nothing else, I'm on the verge of losing the last remains of sanity... And I'm only on my second cycle....

#12 of 94 Old 05-07-2012, 12:12 PM

Mz J: That's what this forum is for: to keep you sane, or some semblance of sane.

If I ever get to O I will probably be testing around the same time as you. The May 2WW support thread is a great place too.

Hope you'll get your BFP soon! Baby dust to you!

SKJ2011: thanks for the support. For a while there I was happy in waiting to O because I felt like the last 2WW was so intense and it gave me a nice mental break but now I'm ready for another shot at conceiving and my body is not yet...

#13 of 94 Old 05-07-2012, 12:33 PM

Mz J - I'm about the same as you, 3 dpo, and af due around the 20/21.

#14 of 94 Old 05-07-2012, 01:00 PM

DAKIPODE....Sorry to hear that your still waiting to O... I buy the cheap internet OPK's so you dont feel guilty testing once or twice a day if necessary..   You will get your O soon, have faith Hun....    I have 2 children... aged 11 and 13.. believe me I have a whole bunch of books that I have not finished reading... It has no reflection on your mothering... Relax.. I think your being hard on yourself...    But I can understand that you must be frustrated waiting to O...  But dont feel discouraged.. keep at it.. As for CM.. oh please - why is it that (looking back) I got obvious fertile CM prior to taking note of my body but now I'm TTC it seems to be almost lost in action.... Grrrrrr.... 

Keep charting and doing OPK's though, even if you decide to have a break from TTC atleast you can look back and see some type of pattern through cycles, even if there is no consistant pattern   atleast you will know and have something to refer to....      I really wish you peace and hope that damn O shows up very soon....

NEARLYELATED.....Hey... How are you feeling on 3DPO...   I'm irratated..feeling like the wait is taking to long already.. Is this your first pregnancy..how long have you been trying to conceive?

x

#15 of 94 Old 05-07-2012, 01:11 PM

I'm doing okay, actually, pretty positive, calm. Not my first pregnancy (or attempt).  I have a 2 year old son, and had a surprise pregnancy last spring that ended at 8 weeks.

This my second cycle of TTC, and I was more anxious last month.  Maybe the calm is a sign.  I got pregnant first try last time, and then when I wasn't trying, so I'm new to the whole 'trying' to conceive.

My chart looks pretty clear cut so far this month, and I snagged DP to DTD the morning I ovulated, so I'm thinking positive thoughts.  Physically, I feel normal.

#16 of 94 Old 05-07-2012, 01:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nearlyelated View Post

I'm doing okay, actually, pretty positive, calm. Not my first pregnancy (or attempt).  I have a 2 year old son, and had a surprise pregnancy last spring that ended at 8 weeks.

This my second cycle of TTC, and I was more anxious last month.  Maybe the calm is a sign.  I got pregnant first try last time, and then when I wasn't trying, so I'm new to the whole 'trying' to conceive.

My chart looks pretty clear cut so far this month, and I snagged DP to DTD the morning I ovulated, so I'm thinking positive thoughts.  Physically, I feel normal.

Sorry to hear of your loss last spring.. My 2 children were both surprises so yes this TTC is lets say alot more stressful... I'm actually more relaxed than last cycle..but still letting the wait get to me..   DTD quite often around OV so hoping its enough.. but hey.. we must wait and see....

Will you wait for AF or test just before..?

#17 of 94 Old 05-07-2012, 05:14 PM

dust.gifdust.gifdust.gifdust.gifdust.gifdust.gifdust.gifdust.gifdust.gif

hola.gif Married to and TTC with my best friend since 03/06/11 luxlove.gif. One angel.gif and hoping for our rainbow!. bouncy.gif In the meantime, just loving life and trusting God.
#18 of 94 Old 05-07-2012, 05:16 PM

gobecgo - The only things on that list I have are the feeling colder than others and harder to lose weight. The rest of those I'm pretty much the exact opposite (strong nails/hair etc) I am looking for an OB/GYN in my area and because I want to set an appointment this week. Hopefully I will get some answers. I have looked up PCOS and Thyroid issues online and sometimes it seems like I might have PCOS but I try really hard not to self-diagnose because it just stresses me out. =)

sophieann - Charting is reassuring for me so I will continue to do that. I have never heard of vaginal temping, I will have to look into that and give it a try. It will be so much nicer to MAYBE have normal temps.

SKJ2011 - I'm so sorry for your loss. We have been doing this for over a year now and it's insane how much of a roller coaster it really can be. I am ready to just let go and not worry about it. It has honestly caused such a strain on my marriage and my health that I am actually kind of relieved to be taking a break. Maybe stepping back and looking at our options will give us new energy and excitement when we do decide to try again. I hope a BFP is just around the corner for you too!!!

MZJ - I'm not going to test the same time as you but I will be here as a support. I really enjoy watching peoples charts and "being there" while they test and wait. =)

nearlyelated - I'm probably the worst for getting excited about this but I think it's really exciting that you were able to BD the morning you ovulated. There is so much hope! Aaahhh... lol calm down Emily. =P

dakipode - Thank you for the encouraging words. I am sure my mom instincts will kick it, it's just scary sometimes. I believe in God and dh and I have always said we want to leave our lives up to him. It feels like a big relief to be able to put all this TTC stuff in his hands.

AFM - I'm going to take a test right now even though I have NO reason to believe I am pregnant, if nothing else for peace of mind. Plus sometimes AF shows up RIGHT after I test so maybe my brain will tell my body it's about time for AF already lol.

Edit - I went in to test and AF was there! WOOOOO!!! Move me to waiting to O please.

#19 of 94 Old 05-07-2012, 06:24 PM

FreedEm - Yay for AF! Glad this cycle is behind you and you are able to move on. Have you read the book "The Infertility Cure"? Your comment about always being colder than others reminded me of that book. In addition to lots of useful information, there is also a checklist to determine your traditional chinese medicine diagnosis. Based on that diagnosis, the book offers different acupressure points and dietary guidelines to follow. I though it was really interesting and helpful. And, you can jump around to the parts of the book that are relevant for you, so you don't have to read the whole thing. Good luck finding an Ob/gyn.

S (35yo) wife to T (36yo) and mamma to my princess M (5/10/10).  After 3 losses in 2012, found an AMAZING doctor and gave birth to baby sister S on 11/12/13.
#20 of 94 Old 05-07-2012, 09:45 PM - Thread Starter

FreedEm - Oh yay! It must feel so good to know where you're at. I hope you get a couple of good days of relaxation in to start this new cycle off right :) Maybe not being in the 2WW (or multiple week wait!) will help you take your mind off things and get into a 'not trying' space. Thinking of you!

Stevi - Will do! Hooray for sneaking some BD'ing in :)

nearlyelated - Wow, that is a really clear temp shift! Looks like your timing was good this month, fingers crossed!

Mz J - Welcome to the group! Thanks for sharing a bit about yourself, I look forward to getting to know you a bit better while you're here. Hopefully your stay is short!

Tropicalfever - Done! Fingers crossed this is a lucky cycle for you!

dakipode - What is your normal O day? I'm trying to remember if you chart or track CM? That might help to give you an idea of when O is about to happen. Hope you get some answers soon!

AFM - I went to the doctor today to get a note for being off work with this flu and had a chat about TTC stuff, too. I knew that because it's only been 6 months nothing much would be done, but she is sending me for progesterone testing this month which I'm really pleased (and nervous!) about. Unfortunately, in order for any fertility treatments to be publicly funded you have to have a BMI rating of 32 or lower....which I don't. So, if we get to that stage and I haven't lost a bunch of weight not only will we not be able to get any treatments (which may be ok, we don't want to do IVF or anything if we can't conceive) but we'll also not be able to get any further testing done. Ugh. It just felt really overwhelming and while I understand that my health can impact my fertility, my own personal beliefs about how sketchy BMI ratings are just makes me not want to do it to spite the medical system, ha!

#21 of 94 Old 05-08-2012, 07:55 AM

We are going to try for this cycle because I think i'm getting the hang of this temping thing. We are also going to see the doctors and get some answers. please move me to waiting to O this cycle, we are going to give it one last try...

#22 of 94 Old 05-08-2012, 08:11 AM

DoulaRebekah - hug.gif I hope the progesterone test helps. Sorry about the bmi thing. Seems so arbitrary to use bmi in such a major way.

AFM - can you please move me to Waiting to know? I got my third high temp, so I feel confident that I O'ed on Saturday. I'll be starting with progesterone tonight.

#23 of 94 Old 05-08-2012, 09:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dakipode View Post

AFM: will I ever O? This feels like the longest ever. My OPK lines are staying faint, not darkening, I'm on CD21 today and still nothing. Aaargh, it's starting to feel like 2WW. I've lost some weight recently, maybe that's delaying it? Maybe I should put those 5 lbs back on? I'd do anything to speed up O. Another poster mentioned that having short cycles makes her feel like she's on AF all the time but at this point I'd gladly have more chances to conceive, not like the 10 I had last year...

Speaking of being on AF all the time...I believe she has showed up again!  My AF always starts with spotting and horrible PMS, that's where I'm at now.  I know I shouldn't complain, considering with out AF, no one could get pregnant!  I hope you get a +OPK soon!  

FreedEm11: yay for AF arriving!  I know you said you've read part of TCOYF, but that really helped me with tracking CM and I think they are chapters on PCOS and other medical conditions that might be preventing O, perhaps you can just read those?  I hope you're able to get insurance worked out, I know the feeling!

Doularebekah....that's interesting they would base it all off of a BMI rating, that doesn't seem fair at all!  I also think it can be sketchy.  I hope you can figure something out.  It's nice though that at least if you ever get there (good BMI rating) that the resources are there for you.  USA sucks with healthcare and everything is out of pocket for fertility here, not to mention how expensive regular insurance is!  Oh and you can move me to waiting to O, sadly.

Nearlyelated.....I hope the calmness is a sign for you!  I've never had a calm or "I just know" feeling that I'm pregnant, and so far that's been correct.  For some reason I think I'll just have that women's intuition when I really am....but we'll see.  I hope you get a BFP soon!  

MzJ....welcome!  Sounds like you are very knowlegable and yes, you can find support here!  this forum and thread has helped me tons so far!  

AFM.....I can feel AF coming, perhaps tomorrow.  At least I know all that side-boob pain from last week was just PMS...ughh.  I really do feel like half of the time I am on AF since I get spotting before and after, plus loads of PMS symptoms.  But I really should count my blessings, because that means from Jan-April, I had 5 ovulations, in just 4 months!  It's crazy when I look at it like that.  My DH and I aren't the best at timing BD just right and his sperm doesn't seem to live in me long (maybe because I don't have much EWCM?).  I'm pretty down when I let myself think about missing out again this month.  My parents and sisters arrive on Thursday for my graduation and I was REALLY REALLY hoping to surprise them with news of my first pregnancy (and first grandchild for my parents) but no.  Oh well.  I have much to be thankful for and I know I need to put it all in God's hands.  So hard though right?  

28 years old, married 6 years to a 27 year old geek.gif man, with cat.gifcat.gifdog2.gif and we have been TTCing seven cycles since Jan. 2012.  Samuel 1:19 "...and the LORD remembered her."

#24 of 94 Old 05-08-2012, 09:37 AM

Hi SKJ2011, I really hope its a BFP I feel like Sunday is a century away.

Thanks for your wishes DoulaRebekah  I pray for that almost every seconde asking myself how it feels to be pregnant and if it is what I am feeling right now. 

joy.gifMZ J  Welcome I am just like you! This is my first time ttc I take everything and nothing for a sign I'm driving myself insane im so anxious that my heart rate this afternoon was 92 like I was running when I'm generally around 70. I keep looking at my tommy , my eyes my skin nothing . I'm so impatient I can cry!  I feel like a BFN will be the worse day of my and a terrible failure I am totally going ccrazy and this is only my second monthe of TTC. I am full of admiration for all the wonderful women I've met here on MDC  you ar all all amazing hug2.gif.  Even when I don't wirte and feel low I just read through what you write and it gives me strength and wonderful lessons. Right before I start being super anxious again lol.

#25 of 94 Old 05-08-2012, 01:30 PM

THANKS FOR THE WELCOME BEKAH....thumb.gif

It's only 4DPO for me so early days, guess all I can do is symptom watch and support you guys...

Oh on that note... I had some creamy yellow tinted CM today...    Is that good bad normal...???

FREEDEM11.. Thanks Hun... Hope this Cycle goes super duper smooth and quick for you... I'll keep you posted.. I'm really hoping that this month is the one.....x

#26 of 94 Old 05-08-2012, 01:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreedEm11 View Post

We are going to try for this cycle because I think i'm getting the hang of this temping thing. We are also going to see the doctors and get some answers. please move me to waiting to O this cycle, we are going to give it one last try...

Woohoo! I'm sorry AF came but I hope that it brings you some peace of mind for a couple of weeks and wish you the best for this new cycle!

Quote:
Originally Posted by firsttimettc View Post

AFM.....I can feel AF coming, perhaps tomorrow.  At least I know all that side-boob pain from last week was just PMS...ughh.  I really do feel like half of the time I am on AF since I get spotting before and after, plus loads of PMS symptoms.  But I really should count my blessings, because that means from Jan-April, I had 5 ovulations, in just 4 months!  It's crazy when I look at it like that.  My DH and I aren't the best at timing BD just right and his sperm doesn't seem to live in me long (maybe because I don't have much EWCM?).  I'm pretty down when I let myself think about missing out again this month.  My parents and sisters arrive on Thursday for my graduation and I was REALLY REALLY hoping to surprise them with news of my first pregnancy (and first grandchild for my parents) but no.  Oh well.  I have much to be thankful for and I know I need to put it all in God's hands.  So hard though right?  

Well, on the bright side (being sarcastic here) you learned about a new PMS symptom, huh? Speaking of EWCM, this cycle I'm taking Mucinex. I started it CD18, expecting to O between CD20 and CD24...

The whole timing bit can be an extra disappointment. That's how I felt last cycle when we went on vacation with my mom. I was really hoping to show her a BFP on our last day together...

But yes, let's remember all the things we are blessed with (no sarcasm here). I know I have many good things in my life and I need to acknowledge that.

AFM: I'm temping, "reading" CM though there isn't much to go on, and using the OPKs. This is my 3rd cycle charting and for the previous 2 the OPKs were right in line with the temps so that part is clear. Got a slightly darker line this morning, maybe tonight or tomorrow and then BD like heck the day after tomorrow?

On a same but different note: I'd started a thread titled Science and superstition: what are you doing in TTC? But I haven't seen any replies. I thought it would be fun to compare notes on what all we're doing...

#27 of 94 Old 05-08-2012, 02:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tropicalfever View Post

Thanks for your wishes DoulaRebekah  I pray for that almost every seconde asking myself how it feels to be pregnant and if it is what I am feeling right now. 

joy.gifMZ J  Welcome I am just like you! This is my first time ttc I take everything and nothing for a sign I'm driving myself insane im so anxious that my heart rate this afternoon was 92 like I was running when I'm generally around 70. I keep looking at my tommy , my eyes my skin nothing . I'm so impatient I can cry!  I feel like a BFN will be the worse day of my and a terrible failure I am totally going ccrazy and this is only my second monthe of TTC. I am full of admiration for all the wonderful women I've met here on MDC  you ar all all amazing hug2.gif.  Even when I don't wirte and feel low I just read through what you write and it gives me strength and wonderful lessons. Right before I start being super anxious again lol.

Originally Posted by Tropicalfever View Post

Hey TropicalFever.... Last cycle for me was so tense..so anxious.. and took forever for each day to pass.. when AF came I felt beyond disappointed as I had not prepared myself for a BFN..

My own fault really..  We both must learn to calm our nerves as Im sure it can not be good... You sound just like i did last cycle - I bet your moody frustrated and just want to smash up time for taking to long....    Grrrrr!!!!

I have difficulty with my CM..unless its obviously white and creamy... determining the position of my cervix is like trying to see in the dark.. I have no idea what im feeling..i give up and just use OPK's.. along with the pains in the tummy on one side..bloated and sore and high temperature..I'm almost sure when i O....  I do not Temp.. the heat/coolness in my bedroom is so hard to control - weird I know, I just pressumed it would effect my reading to much so have not ever charted my temp!!

This is my 2nd cycle TTC and although it very hard not to obsess.. for my own sanity Ive had to calm it down a little....I sometimes also only read ..find it easier to find hope in other peoples stories.. whilst acknowledging how blessed I am not to experience some of the painful things couples go through when TTC....

The woman as you said are amazing and an endless supply of wisdom warmth and a shoulder to cry on.... If the world spun the way you guys share such welcoming open arms... The world would not doubt be heaven on earth...

#28 of 94 Old 05-08-2012, 07:06 PM

Hello ladies,  I am still around, back in waiting to O (hopefully any day now) but have really just been lurking this cycle.  AFs arrival last cycle hit me harder emotionally than it has in a while and I needed to take a step back for my own sanity.  We are still trying, and trying hard to time BD right but I am focusing more on maximizing my own health and hoping that will get us where we need to be.  I have been reading and cheering you all on though.  

FreedEm11- I know exactly what you mean when you said you just didn't expect it to take so long.  I live in a family full of surprise babies, including my sister's 3 surprises with a husband who expected to have fertility issues (due to a history of cancer).  I really figured it would happen immediately, it is such a shock when it doesn't.  It sounds like you are doing all the right things.  TCOYF is a great book.  Another really great one is Making Babies.  It is kind of an Eastern Medicine meets Western Medicine and focuses a lot on problem solving where your issues might be and what you can do and what to ask your doctor about.  

Good luck to all you ladies this month, baby dust all around!

I am 29, married to DH for 2 years with 2 crazy pups and, after what feels like a huge wait (shorter than many, longer than wanted!), we are expecting our first little one April 2013.joy.gif

#29 of 94 Old 05-09-2012, 02:08 AM

Hi  newtottc glad to know you're back, happy baby dust to yu.

Mz J you totally understand me! I am trying hard not to focus on testing but thats all I keep thinking about. I have been having heavy vaginal creamwhite discharge does that mean anything? I'm so panicked I cant think straight dont know what to do to stop this madness

#30 of 94 Old 05-09-2012, 11:27 AM

Jumping in too.  We decided less than a week ago that we would TTC #5.  My plan was to wait 2 months to start trying, BUT I've become obsessed and couldn't let my fertility signs slip by.  We started TTC right away.  I'm pretty sure I O'd yesterday.  (Although I'm not temping or seriously charting.)  I'd say I am 1DPO today so please add me to 2WW.

It will be nice to get to know you ladies.  I'm certainly not new to Mothering or the TTC boards, but of course am here for a while and gone again.  I got real comfy here in 2008 when it took me 9 cycles to get my BFP.  I'm not complaining.  Just hope for a short stay this time and hope the same for the rest of you!

Mom to 5 amazing kids! (DS8, DS7, DD4, DD2 and DS0)

Tags
Trying To Conceive

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page