What the heck is going on with my cycle? - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 5 Old 05-15-2012, 04:12 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I am feeling really bummed... Like there is something wrong with me.

I used to be a perfect 28-29 day cycle, AF and ovulation times really predictable and af cramps manageable.

The last few cycles my cycles have been odd. One cycle I had delayed O, then a extended LP another cycle... suffice to say this is very frustrating when my cycles started going wonky almost around the same time we decided to TTC. Grr. I know people might want to pin it on stress but I've been pretty laid back about the whole thing... telling myself not to worry cause it would sort itself out by next month (everyone's got a wonky cycle here and there, no biggie right?)

Well this cycle is even longer and weirder than the rest. Now I'm on day 31 and I've been spotting on and off for 2 days. Got a bfn 13 dpo so no luck there yet. Also, my temperature is lower than usual (floating around the coverline) and I have mild cramps for the last 2-3 days. I'm moody as heck (I feel sorry for my bf!)

any ideas or advice or just some insight would be greatly appreciated. sigh.

http://tcoyf.com/members/nattery/charts/8.aspx

#2 of 5 Old 05-16-2012, 10:41 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 11 Post(s)

I'm sorry things are all confusing and weird for you.  I have experienced that myself since I started trying.  I think in my case it could be that I conceived but did not actually become pregnant, a chemical pregnancy, once or twice.  And then the cycle after that was pretty wonky because of it.  That could be happening to you.  Your body is doing something different than it was before and that throws things off.  That's my theory anyway.   Good luck to you! 

Married to a wonderful woman since 2010. Baby boy C arrived in June 2013!

Check out our User Agreement.
#3 of 5 Old 05-16-2012, 08:46 PM - Thread Starter

Thanks for your input. It's always reassuring that you aren't going through this alone.  Sorry you went through a chemical pregnancy.  Perhaps that is what happened to me but can't say for sure... ah the mysteries of life.

#4 of 5 Old 05-16-2012, 09:17 PM

Hey nattery,

I can still see a clear temp shift in your chart, albeit not a huge one. I can understand your frustration if you used to be like clockwork and now everything seems off. Maybe focusing on the signs helps, rather than on the length of the cycle and how it's supposed to be/used to be... The signs still indicate ovulation so that's all going well, something positive to highlight.

Hope you get some answers soon.

Now that I am a mom I no longer have time for knit.gif,teapot2.GIF,read.gif
#5 of 5 Old 05-18-2012, 12:07 AM - Thread Starter

Thank you for the comforting responses. I'm feeling really bummed about my cycle. I wasn't expecting a bfp this cycle because of my timing but I was at least expecting a somewhat normal cycle. I'm starting to stress that I'm going to be dealing with infertility / health problems. Geez I know I've only been ttc for two months but still :P

AF showed up very strong today so that's at least settled. I am going to focus on the next few weeks just trying to eat and exercise right (I already am! but that's all I can do). Unfortunately I am in China right now and I don't trust the health care enough to let them go near any important parts... so if my cycle still seems wonky by June when I move back to Canada I'm going to start a regime of a lot of natural suppliments etc that I would regularly be taking if I was there.

Thanks for the support guys! Really appreciate it.

Tags
Trying To Conceive

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page