A Sane 2ww - Page 6 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#151 of 160 Old 06-17-2012, 10:44 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

So here are my thoughts on a new thread: I was thinking of using an alternative calendar to encourage us to attend to different ways of ordering time. What better than the moon cycle? We could start a new thread each new moon, about once a month. The problem is how to name them. Maybe a simple "June New Moon" or similar? (are there ever two new moons in one month? I suppose it could be "Second October Moon" or something).

A second potential issue is that there may be some MDC people in the Southern Hemisphere, so their moon phases would be different.

A new moon is coming up this week for June. What does everyone think?

writinglove likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#152 of 160 Old 06-17-2012, 12:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zenquaker View Post

So here are my thoughts on a new thread: I was thinking of using an alternative calendar to encourage us to attend to different ways of ordering time. What better than the moon cycle? We could start a new thread each new moon, about once a month. The problem is how to name them. Maybe a simple "June New Moon" or similar? (are there ever two new moons in one month? I suppose it could be "Second October Moon" or something).

A second potential issue is that there may be some MDC people in the Southern Hemisphere, so their moon phases would be different.

A new moon is coming up this week for June. What does everyone think?

Love this idea!!

Beth - blissfully married to Doug. DS - Liam (5/10) nocirc.gif &  Darcy (2/13). homebirth.jpg waterbirth.jpgNew SAHM & Labor Doula.

babygirl.gif Welcome baby girl! Born at home, in the water, in the caul, and caught by daddy. February 24, 2013!  babygirl.gif

#153 of 160 Old 06-17-2012, 04:11 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

Love the moon idea!  The full moons actually all have names.  So you could say "June Full Moon: the Strawberry Moon" And yes, occasionally there are two in a month - that's what a blue moon is!  There is a blue moon in August this year.  Here's the calender:

Full Moon Calendar 2012
January 9th Full Wolf Moon 2:30 am
February 7th Full Snow Moon 4:54 pm
March 8th Full Worm Moon 4:40 am
April 6th Full Pink Moon 3:19 pm
May 5th Full Flower Moon 11:35 pm
June 4th Full Strawberry Moon 7:12 am
July 3rd Full Thunder Moon 2:52 pm
August 1st Full Sturgeon Moon 11:28 pm
August 31st Full Blue Moon 9:58 am
September 29th Full Harvest Moon 11:19 pm
October 29th Full Hunter's Moon 3:50 pm
November 28th Full Beaver Moon 9:46 am
December 28th Full Cold Moon 5:21 am

Work at home, homesteading mom sharing child care 50/50 with my wonderful WAH DH. DD1 born Jan. 2010.   March '12.   DD2 & DD3 (twins) born Feb. 2013
#154 of 160 Old 06-17-2012, 05:53 PM - Thread Starter

Thanks, Brambleberry! I love those names. I think I'd like to stick with starting on a New Moon, because it's all about waiting and anticipation. So what if we were to name threads based on the full moon we're anticipating? So that the next thread might be something like, "Waiting for the Thunder Moon: A Saner 2ww?" I want to keep the "Saner 2ww" in there so new people can find us. There's not an exact correspondence to ttc, of course, and the in the second half of the moon cycle the moon is actually waning, but it could work anyway.

Does that make sense?

#155 of 160 Old 06-17-2012, 09:04 PM

I also love the moon idea. Thanks, zenquaker!

I'm happy to report that I have been much more relaxed in the days leading up to ovulation this cycle than I have in the last two months. DH and I have decided on DTD every other day from cd9 to cd 17. I've decided to use an OPK, but I'm not relying on it. I'm choosing to think of it as a data point rather than the Truth. I'm planning to listen to my healing after loss meditations while I am doing some busywork in the office next week.

Congratulations to you, Brambleberry! Please head over to the Peaceful Pregnancy thread if it suits you.

Nattery, I'm sorry to hear your news. I do agree with you that not being pregnant will make your travel time much easier. I traveled to Europe (not half as far as Asia) during my first trimeser, and I was pretty miserable. Hugs to you as you prepare to leave China, and begin the next stage in your life.

Zenquaker, hugs to you while you are missing your family. Kudos to you for sitting with your feelings rather than stuffing them down. I'm glad you liked Fierce Grace.

Clumsy, I like your dance analogy. So often it all boils down to perspective.

hola.gif to all i missed.

Dreamer, writer, wife, and mom to little guy baby.gif & my spirit babe candle.gif 

namaste.gif treehugger.gif goorganic.jpg whale.gifdog2.gifcat.gif

#156 of 160 Old 06-18-2012, 01:11 PM

ZenQuaker, I love the moon idea.  It is nice to have a different way of marking time.  I am back in my 2ww and trying to be contemplative about it.  I went on vacation last week and I left my thermometer and OPKs at home.  I decided it was vacation and we would relax and BD if we wanted to and knowing would not change that.  I went back to temping when I got home but am thinking of putting the thermometer away for the rest of the month and just letting myself be.  I have been thinking of taking a month off from temping but am not quite ready to let go that much.  I think it will bring me more stress than peace.  I have been reconnecting with a best friend from along ago and we have started going to yoga weekly, which is a huge change from the 2-3 times per year we had been seeing each other.  We have decided to start going 2x/week and that should keep my mind busy.  The instructor frequently talks about not judging your body, how it is doing the best it can and that we can't expect perfection, only effort.  I am trying to take that message with me as I leave and try to not judge myself too harshly.  it really is a very soothing thought.  

I am 29, married to DH for 2 years with 2 crazy pups and, after what feels like a huge wait (shorter than many, longer than wanted!), we are expecting our first little one April 2013.joy.gif

#157 of 160 Old 06-18-2012, 03:16 PM

The moon idea is great, but please please please keep the "sane 2WW" involved prominently! I'd hate to lose the thread... literally. lol.gif I love puns, I couldn't resist sharing that one with you. 

Dinner tonight is all about living in the moment, I'm having a pesto that came from local farm basil, garlic scapes, and cheese. If I wasn't so tired today, I would have attempted homemade pasta, but since I don't have a pasta roller that would have been another lesson in patience, and since I had Jury Duty today, I figure I've done that enough.  

Do you rememberteapot2.GIF the feelingdizzy.gif you got dog2.gifwhen you could use as moon.gif manyread.gif stickers love.gif as cat.gifyou wool.gif wanted? 2whistle.gif thumb.gif  I have that now. namaste.gif Thanks for the smileys! lactivist.gif intactivist.gif

#158 of 160 Old 06-18-2012, 06:50 PM

Wow. Somehow I've found myself at DPO 7 & I'm just kinda "blah" about it. That is new. I've had a busy few weeks, which I know if helping the desire to POAS and stress about numbers. This week continues to be busy, so I'm hoping to keep my mind of it by occupying my time with play dates and mixers instead.

I'll test right before I go on vacation at the beginning of July. Depending on the outcome, I'm debating whether or not to bring the thermometer on the trip. If my body continues on it's schedule of late, I would be set to O right at the end of the trip. I'm seriously thinking of taking a break from temping and just go for it. We'll see. 

Hope that the rest of you are having a good day. I personally am looking forward to a relaxing evening after a very busy day.

Beth - blissfully married to Doug. DS - Liam (5/10) nocirc.gif &  Darcy (2/13). homebirth.jpg waterbirth.jpgNew SAHM & Labor Doula.

babygirl.gif Welcome baby girl! Born at home, in the water, in the caul, and caught by daddy. February 24, 2013!  babygirl.gif

#159 of 160 Old 06-19-2012, 07:33 AM

The moon idea is so great, and you guys have been so awesome, that it *almost* makes me want to continue on with you! (almost...winky.gif)

I'm going to jump out at this point - it's been 12 days since missed pill and BFN.  I know it's maybe too soon to call, but I'm going to anyway.

Thank you all for being an oasis of peace amidst the craziness.  Good luck with your BFPs and wishing you a peaceful, mindful journey - you deserve it!  Be good to yourselves each and every moment - as writinglove said (sending you love and wishing you healing!) - this is life.  Now, now, and now. namaste.gif

~ Lucky wife of DH blowkiss.gifand loving mama to DS biggrinbounce.gif (04/11) ~

treehugger.gif * femalesling.GIF * ecbaby2.gif *cd.gif * familybed1.gif * bf.gif * namaste.gif *

#160 of 160 Old 06-19-2012, 06:47 PM - Thread Starter

Now, and now and now. YES. And a perfect ending to this thread. Time for a new moon and a new thread! Head on over to "A Saner 2ww: Thunder Moon."

Tags
Trying To Conceive

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page