sudden huge increase in nursing day of Ovulation - will this stop the egg popping?? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 05-18-2012, 02:43 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Hi,

Does anyone know if ovulation can fail due to sudden increase in feeding?  I got a very strong positive OPK yesterday evening and then from about 4am to 9am my DS has been latched on and basically wouldnt let go! So it is the morning of O and this feels like a critical factor.

Its taken night weaning (between 10pm and 6am) and limited day nursing to ovulate at all.  Our threshold is 4 feeds per 24 hours.  This will be my second pp O and I'm fearing that the sudden huge increase in cluster feeding - particularly dring the early hours - can surpress hormones in time to halt the whole ovulation process.  I'm on cd 25 so dont know how much chance I have of getting a BFP anyway with such a long cycle but I'm just so frustrated with myself for not offering an alternative, I just can't say no to his cute little face :/ I'm more frustrated with myself that it was me who disturbed the little dreamer at 4am in the first place by sneezing really loudly in his ear :(

whats everyones thoughts please?  do i still have a chance at O'ing today or might the egg just give up trying to pop and dissolve back in to the ovary (noooooooooo)

xx

Mama to my beautiful boy DS superhero.gif 22 months and belly.gifnumber 2 due June '13

Tags
Trying To Conceive
User Tag List