Anyone want to have a vitex thread? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 12 Old 05-18-2012, 11:49 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)

Anyone else on Vitex/Chaste Tree? have any experience with it? like or dislike, etc?

I was previously on it for 90 days and got pregnant my first cycle off of it, and then m/c. I am O'ing today but decided to start it again anyway. This is my first O after m/c. I am going to wait a few cycles before TTC again so I can get a few major things finished up around the house and to get a good view of what my cycles are doing. But I will be taking Vitex before TTCing, during TTC, and through my first 12 weeks of pregnancy and then wean off after that.

belly.gif1***5****10****15****20****25****30****35heartbeat.gif***40babygirl.gif

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 12 Old 05-21-2012, 08:34 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I just started it this month. I have a short luteal phase (10 days) that I'm hoping Vitex will help with. I had some headaches the first few days on it, but those seem to have gone away. I have a bladder disease that restricts what I can put in my body, but the Vitex seems pretty bladder-friendly so far.

I'm sorry to hear about your miscarriages. I had a blighted ovum in March last year and a miscarriage in July. We started TTC again two cycles ago, and I'm hoping the Vitex can speed things along.

angel1.gif 03/11 angel1.gif 07/11 angel1.gif 01/12 

If at first you don't succeed: babyboy.gif 07/26/13

#3 of 12 Old 05-21-2012, 05:42 PM - Thread Starter

I had a few headaches with it this time, too. And I have to keep reminding myself that my boobs are sore because of the Vitex. Other than that I am ready toCONCEIVE and stay that way!

belly.gif1***5****10****15****20****25****30****35heartbeat.gif***40babygirl.gif

#4 of 12 Old 05-22-2012, 08:28 PM

I am interested to hear what you all have to say about vitex. I have been looking into it and have seen mixed reviews. I just recently got off the pill and af just came today for the first time since I stopped the pill. I havent decided whether or not I want to try it. My cycles weren't regular before I got on the pill. They were a bit long but I never really kept track of anything. Now I am doing FAM so I don't know whether I should give it a few months and see what my cycles are like? Or just try the vitex now?
#5 of 12 Old 05-22-2012, 08:41 PM - Thread Starter

I would wait a few months to see what your cycles are doing on their own, that way you can tell how vitex changes your cycle if you start.

#6 of 12 Old 05-23-2012, 06:50 PM

Thanks! I think that will be my plan.
#7 of 12 Old 05-24-2012, 04:23 AM

I'm with ya. I took it in the past when TTC #2. I wouldn't O until cd 22 then only have a 6 day LP. Within one cycle I was O'ing between cd 14-16 and lengthing my LP to 12-14 days (still had a 28 day cycle.) Now I've been off birth control for a year and a half and my cycle is still crazy messed up. I haven't really been charting, just keeping track of when I start and when I think I O but my cycles have been anywhere from 22-32 days long with spotting basically from the time I O until AF starts again. This cycle I started taking Vitex again and temping and so far I'm 3 DPO and no spotting at all yet, although I O'd on cd 13 which is early for me and I had almost no fertile CM prior to O. So I'll give this another cycle or two to see if it helps.

Is there anything that helps increase fertile CM? I literally had one day of creamy CM before I ovulated. I'm not planning on TTC for at least 6 months but I'd like to get all this wonkiness straighted out before then if possible. I never had irregular cycles until i had my third baby, then got a Mirena IUD. I'm almost wondering if taking one month of BCPs might somehow help "reset" things.

Trish~mama to Kaelie 5/03 and Amelia 12/13, surro mama to Aidan 2/08 & Ellyss 6/09, 

#8 of 12 Old 05-24-2012, 11:58 AM - Thread Starter

Trish - Vitex really helped with my mid cycle bleeding. After having my daughter I started having midcycle bleeding and it was only spotting and then by maybe 6 months later it was like a heavy period for 3 days in the middle of my cycle. It was terrible. I was bleeding like a period every 2 weeks. I started the vitex midcycle because of an especially heavy mid cycle bleed and within 2 doses it had completely stopped! Because I started in the middle of a cycle it made that cycle end up being 60 days but then my next cycle on it was only 30 days. I was ovulating around day 14 with a 16 day LP.

#9 of 12 Old 05-27-2012, 04:18 AM

I'm 6 DPO and no spotting at all yet! I can't remember the last time this happened because it's been so long. I was brave and wore white underwear even, lol! I can only attribute that to taking Vitex this cycle since it's the only thing I've done differently.

Trish~mama to Kaelie 5/03 and Amelia 12/13, surro mama to Aidan 2/08 & Ellyss 6/09, 

#10 of 12 Old 05-27-2012, 03:48 PM - Thread Starter

How are you all deciding how much to take?

#11 of 12 Old 06-16-2012, 02:20 PM

I am newly TTC at 35 as hubby just had reversal in April and my naturopath suggested Vitex 2x a day, 250 mg. Could only find 400 mg, but she said that was fine and to still do 2x a day. She also has me on Evening Primrose oil and DHA oil. She said her reasons were to prevent m/c and that my complaints of mid-cycle pain may be ovarian cysts. My periods may be slightly heavier than most,and my cramps are pretty painful for the first couple days, but not unbearable by any means.

So my first period, just last week, since starting this regimen was really different. It was on time as it usually has been about 27 or 28 days, but the first day I only barely spotted, the 2nd day I had almost normal cramps and maybe used about two super tampons, by the third day I was back to barely spotting, I mean really minimal, like a few drops, and that was maybe a couple more days and that was it. My tummy's been upset which seems to be a normal side effect. My naturopath said that it can really mess with your cycle when you first start taking it, but I haven't read that anywhere. I mostly find people saying its slow acting.

I don't wanna get my hopes up about getting pregnant so quickly, but I am at that point where I'm debating taking a test. I'm just so worried about it being negative and getting really upset. not sure what to do. any suggestions?

#12 of 12 Old 08-13-2012, 01:24 PM

Hi all,

I know I'm bumping up an old thread but I have some questions about Vitex. I've never taken it before, am considering it now as we TTC while still BF my 13 month old. Is Vitex considered safe while breastfeeding? How much should I take and how many times per day? Where do you actually get Vitex from?

Thanks!

Married to my wonderful DH 5/2010, Mom to DS1 Kayden 7-14-2011 wild.gif and DS2 Jakob 8-29-2013 babyf.gif

Owned by Friesians and Drum Horses, plus the dogs, cats, rabbits and chickens

Tags
Trying To Conceive

User Tag List