The ONE Thread May 20 - 27 - Page 2 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#31 of 51 Old 05-24-2012, 01:21 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)

Welcome pieknits (btw love the name, two of my favorite things!). You are certainly not alone here, I also have been TTC since ending BCP in Dec, and know of a couple other gals in here in the same boat. An extra 6 days without AF or BFP can make us crazy but hang in there! I hope it's some good news on the way.

K and B, happily married partners.gif since 2005 and proud parents of one rambunctious C-monster babyf.gif
#32 of 51 Old 05-24-2012, 01:24 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)

welcome new ladies!

Hope you're all finding ways to stay sane during your waiting.

I'm feeling pretty obsessed, myself, at 9dpo.  Really going to try to stay away from the computer today and hang out with my boys, maybe make something fun for dinner and enjoy the nice weather we're having.

The "symptoms" I was having (even DH said "something must be going on in there" last night with my ridiculous bloating and gassiness!) seem to have lessened quite a bit.  I know that doesn't necessarily mean anything one way or another, but maybe NOT having them will help me to obsess less today  :-p

winner.jpgfamilybed2.gifsewmachine.gifcd.gif Homeschooling, happy, messy-housed mama to my 2 wild boys fencing.gif 10/05 and 9/08, and my sweet little girl babygirl.gif 2/13 and blessed to be married to the best guy for me since 12/96.
#33 of 51 Old 05-24-2012, 05:36 PM

Pieknits- are you sure you O'd when you think you did? That's a seriously long LP for a no AF and a BFN. 16 days is about the longest for a normal cycle and that's long. Are yours always that way?

Hope everyone is having a good week. Still enjoying the beach. Before DH woke up this morning, I went to the souvenir shop. I got us each a mug and then picked up two 6 month onesies (one blue, one purple) just in case we get lucky and conceive while we're here, I'll want the baby to have a onesie from this vacation. :) It's incredibly silly but when I admitted to DH what I'd bought, he chuckled and said, "well, I figured you would".

Children's librarian, married to J since 5/12, with 3 cat.gifand 1 crazy dog2.gif. TTC #1, planning on femalesling.GIF, bfinfant.gif, and cd.gif.

#34 of 51 Old 05-24-2012, 09:23 PM

librarygirl, how cute! I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you!

AFM: AF came this morning. doularebekah, can you change me back to waiting to O?

Now that I am a mom I no longer have time for knit.gif,teapot2.GIF,read.gif
#35 of 51 Old 05-25-2012, 01:12 AM

Hi everyone,

Welcome to all the new members may you stay here be short. I'm at 26 DPO still no AF I have no prego or AF symptoms just this excruciating lower abdominal pain at night between 2 and 4 a.m. After the BFN I got at 17DPO I dont know hwat to think. Keep wondering on what could be going on in my body.

Happy baby dust

pos.gif for #1  carefully threadingthe path to motherhood heartbeat.gif

#36 of 51 Old 05-25-2012, 07:23 AM

Tropicalfever:  are you going to go for a blood test soon?  I've heard (depending on the doctor of course) that doctors advise to come in for a blood test if you're at CD45 with BFN.  Plenty go for a blood test sooner though.

AFM I'm still waiting to O but it should be today or tomorrow.  Just trying to keep up my stamina to give us a good chance this cycle.  wink1.gif

dog2.gifcrochetsmilie.gif Lovin' my sweetheart, pregnant with #1 (EDD Feb.2013) stork-suprise.gif

#37 of 51 Old 05-25-2012, 08:35 AM

Hey all - sorry for the long absence! I'll catch up soon I promise! In the mean time, please move me to Waiting to Know (2WW). We had great timing this month so fingers crossed that BFing doesn't throw things off too much!

Married to my wonderful DH 5/2010, Mom to DS1 Kayden 7-14-2011 wild.gif and DS2 Jakob 8-29-2013 babyf.gif

Owned by Friesians and Drum Horses, plus the dogs, cats, rabbits and chickens

#38 of 51 Old 05-25-2012, 08:41 AM

Oh, and my chart link http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/LivingSky

Married to my wonderful DH 5/2010, Mom to DS1 Kayden 7-14-2011 wild.gif and DS2 Jakob 8-29-2013 babyf.gif

Owned by Friesians and Drum Horses, plus the dogs, cats, rabbits and chickens

#39 of 51 Old 05-25-2012, 03:39 PM

Thanks for the welcomes! Still in limbo here. librarygirl- nope I'm not positive about my O date but I've never been this late in my life so who knows? Either really late ovulation or hcg just isn't showing up yet. Wish I knew either way- have a big Memorial Day party to go to this weekend and want to know if I'm going to have to attempt hiding no drinking!

#40 of 51 Old 05-25-2012, 08:15 PM

Hi all. I've been MIA as I've finished up my school year teaching, but now I'm done and ready to fill my time occupying myself during this 2ww. I'm on dpo 8. I broke down to the temptation of POAS today, and of course got a bfn. No surprise. Was just having some strange dreams last night and a "hunch", so instead of driving myself crazy, I just went ahead and got the urge out of my system. I'm really trying not to get obsessed this month, but it's really hard. I compare it to waiting to open Christmas gifts to my dh. He's always so bad at xmas -- constantly asking me to open gifts early, tell him what I got him, etc. I explained that the 2ww was kind of the same. You have to wait to see if you get the gift you wanted (bfp) or a lump of coal (AF). Anyway, tomorrow we're celebrating ds 2-yr birthday which I'm hoping will keep my mind off of things. 

If you'd like to stalk my chart for me, here's the link  orngbiggrin.gif : 

http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/28dcd1

Sending baby dust to all of you! dust.gif

Have a great weekend.

Beth - blissfully married to Doug. DS - Liam (5/10) nocirc.gif &  Darcy (2/13). homebirth.jpg waterbirth.jpgNew SAHM & Labor Doula.

babygirl.gif Welcome baby girl! Born at home, in the water, in the caul, and caught by daddy. February 24, 2013!  babygirl.gif

#41 of 51 Old 05-26-2012, 06:32 AM

Hi ladies,

Sorry, I've been totally MIA. I'm finished up my masters degree and will be graduating 2 weeks from today. While I've still been temping and we're still BDing, this has been on the backburner. There is just too much work to do before I finish! I think things are starting to let up a bit now though.

Also, I'm totally confused by my chart. I've started trying progesterone cream and I don't know wtf is going on. My temp will elevate, leading me to believe I O'd, and then I use the cream and my temp drops the next day. This has happened to me 3 times in this cycle and I'm beginning to think I haven't actually O'd yet. FF keeps changing its mind.

Here's my chart. Any thoughts at all? I have never had a cycle like this before!

http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/9f639

Teacher, wife, food-geek. Celebrating 11 amazing years with my husband this year. We're in our mid-30's and excited to have our first baby in March 2013! smile.gif

#42 of 51 Old 05-26-2012, 09:09 AM

Shawnamarie...   Try waiting a week after ovulation before starting the progesterone cream, that may help prevent starting it prematurely.

43 w/Emphysema - TTC from 2005 - 2013. 2 miscarriages in 2008. Good things do not come to those who wait.

#43 of 51 Old 05-26-2012, 05:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stevi View Post

Shawnamarie...   Try waiting a week after ovulation before starting the progesterone cream, that may help prevent starting it prematurely.

Stevi, thanks for the feedback. My LP is sometimes only 8 days long, so maybe I could start it 4 days after ovulation. I like this idea.

Teacher, wife, food-geek. Celebrating 11 amazing years with my husband this year. We're in our mid-30's and excited to have our first baby in March 2013! smile.gif

#44 of 51 Old 05-27-2012, 08:55 AM

Hi ladies, hope everyone is having a good weekend.

I had a huge temp rise this morning, right on schedule - seems I've O'd on CD15 three times in a row. Please move me to Waiting To Know (TWW).

Tropicalfever, any updates? Did you go for a blood test yet?

dog2.gifcrochetsmilie.gif Lovin' my sweetheart, pregnant with #1 (EDD Feb.2013) stork-suprise.gif

#45 of 51 Old 05-28-2012, 01:32 AM

Hi wonderful ladies

I am I dont know what on saturday evening I did a pregnancy test because from the day I started my treatment for prolactimemia I started having terrible lower abdominal pains it was like my uterus was being ripped apart so I felt may be just may I could get a BFP and repeated it yesterday morning. Here are the pics in the order they were taken2012-05-26 18.55.18.jpg2012-05-27 11.34.14.jpg   

The pain was caused by antagonistic effect of the pregnancy and the medication against milk production!! Which was the diagnosis the gyn gave necause I kept having BFNs and no symptons. Well I guess that was my symptom! I dont know what to think again because I'm so scared it could be a false positive or I dont know I'm scared to be happy then disappointed afterwards by a m/c or something. Has anyone ever felt like this? I want to go get an ultrasound in order to know if its allright no ectopic etc given that I have only one healthy fallopian tube. I pray it sticks

My fingers are crossed for you Sophieann!!!! sending you good vibes goodvibes.gif  Hope you get a BFP sooon

Happy baby dust to everyonedust.gif

#46 of 51 Old 05-28-2012, 06:05 AM

Tropicalfever, congrats! How exciting!

AFM, I have no idea when I ovulated. It may have been around CD14 but I was too busy to pay attention to my CF at that time. I didn't start charting it until later. I'm going to hold off a few more days before trying the progesterone again and crossing my fingers that my temp doesn't drop with it. So confusing!

#47 of 51 Old 05-28-2012, 06:46 AM

Tropicalfever WOW congrats!!!  You're having a stealthy ninja baby!  joy.gif

Are you going off the medication now then?  I completely understand the feelings you are having.  When I get my BFP I expect that the 2nd thing I will feel (after joy) is FEAR.  I think I will have fear/be anxious until I hear a heartbeat.

Thanks for the well-wishes.

AFM, we had great timing this cycle so I'm quite hopeful.  Hoping for a low-stress (and no symptom spotting) TWW.  I'm going to do some reading (new Sookie Stackhouse!), some knitting and some gardening.  This morning I noticed my lilac has started to bloom and I took a few moments to smell the flowers before I left for work.

#48 of 51 Old 05-28-2012, 07:48 AM

Lol I hope a S/he stays a ninja ROTFLMAO.gifI have completely stopped the medication!! I just hope everything will be all right. It shall be well with you SophieAnn hug2.gif

#49 of 51 Old 05-28-2012, 08:28 AM

Tropicalfever - Congratulations! I'm sending sticky baby vibes your way goodvibes.gif

AFM - I'm sitting on pins and needles right now. I had a temperature dip yesterday at dpo 10, but it's back up again today. I usually have a dip, but it's not until dpo 13, so this caught me off guard. I broke down an poas yesterday morning, but got a bfn. I'm really trying to hold off on testing today (even through I have enough internet cheapies to test every hour, it seems). I just don't want to become an emotional mess with the repeated bfn's. I was exhausted yesterday & congested, but honestly am chalking that up to "coming down" from a stressful year of teaching and the a hectic Saturday of playing hostess at my son's b-day party. I'm hoping to have a lazy day today and relax and get my head on straight. We'll see if I hold out. Feel free to check out my chart if you'd like to. I'm all for someone else to do a little chart stalking for me orngbiggrin.gif

http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/28dcd1

Beth - blissfully married to Doug. DS - Liam (5/10) nocirc.gif &  Darcy (2/13). homebirth.jpg waterbirth.jpgNew SAHM & Labor Doula.

babygirl.gif Welcome baby girl! Born at home, in the water, in the caul, and caught by daddy. February 24, 2013!  babygirl.gif

#50 of 51 Old 05-28-2012, 05:12 PM

Shawnamarie I also started progesterone cream this month (2x/day as per package), waited until 3-4 dpo to start but my chart was also all over the place.  I stayed above coverline but every other day seemed to be low.  i had attributed it to lots of fluctuation in night temps lately here but maybe it has something to do with the cream... AF has arrived for me (but I did get 1 more day out of my LP!) so we will see if it does the same thing next month.  good luck to you!

I am 29, married to DH for 2 years with 2 crazy pups and, after what feels like a huge wait (shorter than many, longer than wanted!), we are expecting our first little one April 2013.joy.gif

#51 of 51 Old 05-29-2012, 02:16 AM - Thread Starter

New threads up! http://www.mothering.com/community/t/1354366/the-one-thread-may-27-june-3

Doula, teacher, designer, maker. Living above the mangroves, looking out over the water in beautiful Aotearoa with my husband, our dear friends and a little grey cat.

Tags
Trying To Conceive

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page