AF or...? *updated and more confused - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 9 Old 05-30-2012, 02:27 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I had a miscarriage on May 3, but prior to that I had cycles that you could set a watch to. If I take the miscarriage as a first day of period, then I am scheduled for af tomorrow.

The weird thing is that previously I was very sensitive and aware of my body and it's internal happenings, but I feel like the miscarriage may have thrown me for a loop. I see myself having symptoms of pregnancy like I had before (headaches, sneezing all the time, sleeping forever and still waking up tired, etc), but this morning I started noticed small bits on the toilet paper. It's like miniature clots (maybe 3mm in length), but they aren't accompanied by any blood.

My question is: could it be my body just getting rid of the stuff that may have been left behind while I'm pregnant, or is this my period? Has this happened to anyone who has gotten pregnant immediately following a mc without af in between?

I'm planning to take a test tomorrow morning, but for the last pregnancy they weren't coming up positive until a couple of days after I missed by period.

#2 of 9 Old 05-30-2012, 03:03 PM

I am sorry for your loss. I hope you are healing well. I don't think you can count the start of your miscarriage as the first day of your cycle. But yes you could get pregnant again without getting AF first. I don't think I would test this early after a miscarriage because you may still have hormones left from your very recent loss and get a false positive.

Ladies any other thoughts?

~Patti~ rainbow1284.gifMomma to three girls and three boys chicken3.gif, First mother to one girl triadadopt.jpg

Certified, card carrying member of the IEP Binder Clubkid.gif  

#3 of 9 Old 05-31-2012, 03:26 AM - Thread Starter

I've been getting negative tests all week and my doctors gave me the go ahead because my HCG was down to 35 by May 8.

This morning, however, I got a BFP, and yet the tiny clot things are still happening.

... now I'm really confused.

#4 of 9 Old 05-31-2012, 12:13 PM

Wow! Congrats on the BFP! I don't know what to say about the clot things. But I am really curious. You should check with your doc and update us. Good Luck!

~Patti~ rainbow1284.gifMomma to three girls and three boys chicken3.gif, First mother to one girl triadadopt.jpg

Certified, card carrying member of the IEP Binder Clubkid.gif  

#5 of 9 Old 05-31-2012, 12:15 PM

congrats on the BFP!

Children's librarian, married to J since 5/12, with 3 cat.gifand 1 crazy dog2.gif. TTC #1, planning on femalesling.GIF, bfinfant.gif, and cd.gif.

#6 of 9 Old 06-01-2012, 02:00 AM - Thread Starter

The clot thing stopped by yesterday afternoon and I got another positive this morning. Looks like this might be the real thing, so I'm feeling excited but cautious.

I'll update once I see my doctor to let you know what she says about this clots, just in case any of you come across another person like me in your travels.

Thanks for the all the congrats, sticky baby dust to you all!

#7 of 9 Old 06-01-2012, 01:39 PM

Yaaay! *stick, stick, stick* goodvibes.gif

That is very interesting - I conceived DS immediately following a chemical pg (my HCG went down enough by about a week later, I think - so they cleared us to try the following cycle as well).  I don't remember anything like that, but I'm not sure how far along you were...I'm very, very sorry to hear about your loss, though. hug.gif  

It seems like it could be related - I know when AF comes, for example, sometimes it seems to start with old blood - so I guess it could make sense for your clot thingies? (even though there was no blood)  I've never heard of implantation bleeding taking that form, but maybe that, too?

Anyway, good luck to you, mama!!!  So happy for ya. orngbiggrin.gif  Hope all goes great!

~ Lucky wife of DH blowkiss.gifand loving mama to DS biggrinbounce.gif (04/11) ~

treehugger.gif * femalesling.GIF * ecbaby2.gif *cd.gif * familybed1.gif * bf.gif * namaste.gif *

#8 of 9 Old 06-03-2012, 02:26 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teles View Post

I've been getting negative tests all week and my doctors gave me the go ahead because my HCG was down to 35 by May 8.

This morning, however, I got a BFP, and yet the tiny clot things are still happening.

... now I'm really confused.

OMG OMG OMG!

That is what I am having!?!?!?! My MC bleeding started on May 7th and my AF is due Tuesday and I have been having the same thing! We bedded once but it was during a couple day break in my bleeding. And you got a BFP!? Maybe I need to be testing? I have been having pregnancy symptoms again since about mid week last week. I would say that if you got a + after -'s then you are pregnant. I am not sure what the clots are other than maybe your/out uterus(es) are letting any little pieces through that don't need to be there?

Sorry,  I am so excited to read your post I am rambling and can't even type well right now!!

belly.gif1***5****10****15****20****25****30****35heartbeat.gif***40babygirl.gif

#9 of 9 Old 06-07-2012, 01:18 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaileyB View Post

OMG OMG OMG!

That is what I am having!?!?!?! My MC bleeding started on May 7th and my AF is due Tuesday and I have been having the same thing! We bedded once but it was during a couple day break in my bleeding. And you got a BFP!? Maybe I need to be testing? I have been having pregnancy symptoms again since about mid week last week. I would say that if you got a + after -'s then you are pregnant. I am not sure what the clots are other than maybe your/out uterus(es) are letting any little pieces through that don't need to be there?

Sorry,  I am so excited to read your post I am rambling and can't even type well right now!!

It's good to hear that someone else experienced it.

I also have good news for you: I'm still pregnant and everything is going great (5 weeks today). My positives are getting super dark, I have symptoms galore and I've already been for my first prenatal visit :)

Update: my HCG went from 484 to 1236 in two days!

Update again: HCG was "in the 9000 range" at 5w6d!

Further update in case anyone stumbles across this from Google: I gave birth to a healthy baby girl!

Tags
Trying To Conceive

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page