Need help on booking HSG test - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 5 Old 05-31-2012, 12:03 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Hi all,

I am new to this forum and need some help on booking my HSG test in vancouver area.

My family doctor gave me a referal sheet to do the HSG.   He told me I can get it done in RCH (Royal Columbian Hospital).   I tried to call RCH for so many times, but cannot get hold of their booking person.     Their operator always transferred me to their Ultrasound dept, and there all I reached is a voice machine asking me to leave a VM.   I left VM twice, but they never called me back.   Their operator told me there is nothing she can do except for transferring me to that dept.

This is so desperate.  My period day 1 is coming soon, and I have no confidence that I can book my HSG test based on what I have encountered.   My doctor's clinic is helpless, and they just asked me to keep trying.

Does anyone know how to book it with RCH?  Or is there any other place I could go?  I know Laurel Radiology does HSG but based on all the awful reviews I see on this forum, I sincerely hope I don't need to go there!

BTW I also tried UBC, but they don't take referals from family doctors.

Thanks.

Rebee

#2 of 5 Old 05-31-2012, 03:05 PM

Is RCH close enough for you to walk in and try in person?

43 w/Emphysema - TTC from 2005 - 2013. 2 miscarriages in 2008. Good things do not come to those who wait.

#3 of 5 Old 06-01-2012, 09:56 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stevi View Post

Is RCH close enough for you to walk in and try in person?

Not that close.      I have to take public transit to go there, and also I am working Mon-Fri.

#4 of 5 Old 06-01-2012, 01:41 PM

ugh...

43 w/Emphysema - TTC from 2005 - 2013. 2 miscarriages in 2008. Good things do not come to those who wait.

#5 of 5 Old 06-05-2012, 12:28 PM

I have recently been to Laurel Radiology for HSG and it was fine.  Yes, it's an older office, but doctor and nurses were professional.

Explained procedure before and during, and what to possibly expect afterwards.  In case of cramping, I took 2 extra strength tylenol an hour and half before appointment.  Only felt some mild discomfort during HSG.  Hope this helps!

Tags
Trying To Conceive

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page