Bajingo Juice helps the June Bugs make babies - TTC#1 in our 30's - June 2012 - Page 2 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#31 of 56 Old 06-15-2012, 03:59 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 17 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 18 Post(s)

Well, let's just say that being in room #2, which was right next to the main door to the andrology lab, and having people sitting in chairs right outside the door did not help the "donation" process today.  The "room" was a bathroom with a big recliner and a "wind blowing machine".  DH couldn't relax and there was no sperm donation today to be frozen. We rescheduled for two weeks and will be booking a hotel room the night before so we can get the sample to the RE's lab within the 1 hour limit the next morning.  Hopefully DH can be relaxed then without having a bunch of people right close by.

Looking forward to a better weekend.

Crafty Geeky lady (37, hypothyroid) married 7/2010 love of my life (42, azoospermia). I believe in MIRACLES! Twin boys born 12/21/13 at 40 weeks 2 days! 3/52 crafts in 2014 Ramsey's BS1: Done! 2/17/12 BS 2 goal: 6/7/17 no sperm initial DX 3/23/12 BFP 4/7/13!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#32 of 56 Old 06-18-2012, 06:56 PM

Mentioned: 39 Post(s)
Quoted: 15 Post(s)

Lilac, the pressure!! That stinks that there was no sample, but ugh, how could a person get in the mood? I wonder if a lot of guys walk out sheephishly, past the lines of chattering people, with an empty cup. Thinking of you, sending you all the best wishes for this new cycle. And happy that your DH does not have cystic fibrosis.

Rebekah, thinking of you. I hope the diet helps! PCOS is no fun.

Librarygirl, sorry to hear. At least statistical probabilty is on your side this month so there aren't any potential health issues to mull over just yet. Wishing the best for you.

AFM, I was trying to hang out on the TTC After Loss boards so I wasn't such a bummer over here. But they are really prolific and I can't keep up- lots of very in-depth and personal discussion. And very frequent.  You all are more my pace for internet posting. Today is 26 days after my miscarriage started in earnest. I have been reaaally hormonal the past 10 days or so (or I just have a lot of feelings to deal with and am not doing it very well). I decided not to temp and boy howdy, at this point do I wish I knew what was going on in my body. The MC was as long as my period and acted a lot like it, even though I was about 8 weeks along. So I kind of expect AF to just start back up at 28 days just like normal, ticking right along. Part of my thinks I might be pregnant again. Part of me thinks that AF will take a few extra weeks to show up. I wish I knew, but for now I have to be satisfied with not knowing.

Foster mom, married to DH (foster dad!)

#33 of 56 Old 06-18-2012, 11:02 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

lilac - Oh wow, room #2 sounds super stressful! Your poor husband, that can't have been easy. I think your Plan B sounds like a much better idea! Fingers crossed it all works out next time :)

teamviddy - Thanks friend :) I'm really glad to see you back here, I hear you about fast moving threads and I don't think you're a downer at all. In fact, I think I'd want to be here if I was in your position because this feels a bit more like family. We all post when we can and it never seems to matter if there's a long pause in between - we all just pick back up where we left off. That's why I value this space so much! I didn't temp after my miscarriage (I never had at that point) and I found myself wishing the very same thing. It's so strange going from knowing your cycle so intimately to not having any real idea where you're at. I wonder if in some ways it's our body giving us all the time we need to help us heal physically and emotionally - you know? Thinking of you!

AFM - Still no sign of ovulation, which is really weird for me considering it's CD27 and there's been no sign at all (I usually O around CD20-22). I know there's nothing really I can do, it just feels a bit weird each morning to not see a temp rise!

Doula, teacher, designer, maker. Living above the mangroves, looking out over the water in beautiful Aotearoa with my husband, our dear friends and a little grey cat.

#34 of 56 Old 06-20-2012, 01:13 PM

Hey, I just noticed I'm at 15 dpo! I'm all crampy/pms-ey, so I think I'll wait until 18dpo before I test. Cool! (picture an imaginary happy dance, because it's just too warm for dancing today)

Do you rememberteapot2.GIF the feelingdizzy.gif you got dog2.gifwhen you could use as moon.gif manyread.gif stickers love.gif as cat.gifyou wool.gif wanted? 2whistle.gif thumb.gif  I have that now. namaste.gif Thanks for the smileys! lactivist.gif intactivist.gif

#35 of 56 Old 06-23-2012, 12:39 PM

Dangit, AF strikes again. Good luck to everyone else, and there's always July. :)

Do you rememberteapot2.GIF the feelingdizzy.gif you got dog2.gifwhen you could use as moon.gif manyread.gif stickers love.gif as cat.gifyou wool.gif wanted? 2whistle.gif thumb.gif  I have that now. namaste.gif Thanks for the smileys! lactivist.gif intactivist.gif

#36 of 56 Old 06-24-2012, 04:52 PM - Thread Starter

Meg, sorry to hear that AF struck.  Onto preparing for the new month. 

AFM, almost ready to O.  Got my list of meds for my IVF cycle.  I need to check in with my insurance to see how much these meds will cost me.  The actual procedures will cost $7000 (and my insurance is supposed to cover 80% of that but I am not sure about the meds).

Crafty Geeky lady (37, hypothyroid) married 7/2010 love of my life (42, azoospermia). I believe in MIRACLES! Twin boys born 12/21/13 at 40 weeks 2 days! 3/52 crafts in 2014 Ramsey's BS1: Done! 2/17/12 BS 2 goal: 6/7/17 no sperm initial DX 3/23/12 BFP 4/7/13!
#37 of 56 Old 06-24-2012, 11:02 PM

Mentioned: 60 Post(s)
Quoted: 25 Post(s)

Lilac, that's pretty good coverage for the IVF, I hope that the news is good about how much of the meds they'll cover! Good luck.

ecstatic about BFP #2 after another round of Clomid,
TWINS!
EDD 2/15/2015
thrilled to welcome #1 after 17 months of ttc, 1 round of Clomid

DS LG  08/03/12
#38 of 56 Old 06-25-2012, 08:45 AM

Best of luck, Lilac. 

#39 of 56 Old 06-25-2012, 05:07 PM

Mentioned: 39 Post(s)
Quoted: 15 Post(s)

Good luck Lilac! I am wishing for the best for you. And I agree, 80% is not too bad for coverage.

AF started Saturday. Blech. I usually don't get so down about it... I was hoping that somehow I would get pregnant before I even had a period. Unfortunately it looks like the case of the 1x a week BD struck again. I think it's no coincidence that the one time I got pregnant in 8 months was the ONE time that we made sure to not go to meetings, band practice, out with friends, etc during my possible fertile window. My DH is incredibly sweet and sensitive and just can't DTD when his heart's not in it (me, on the other hand... well...). When we set aside time we were able to connect and enjoy our time together. He is searching for a better job right now and we both hope that will mean that he won't be quite as exhausted when he comes home...

Foster mom, married to DH (foster dad!)

#40 of 56 Old 06-25-2012, 06:58 PM - Thread Starter

Oh, TeamViddy, that is kind of how I feel with my DH.  I really want to help him relax so that time in the fertile window can be used for DTD, but his overtime has really cut into his energy when I need it most.  I am the one who is "let's do it!"  I want to try to get pregnant without IVF but it means we have to DTD when I am fertile window.  Argh!!

#41 of 56 Old 06-27-2012, 09:31 PM

Hello ladies,

I realized I hadn't posted in this month's thread yet and the month is almost over. I see some of you in other threads but I really felt the need to connect with the Bajingo group tonight. I found myself getting upset when reading TTC posts from ladies who already are mommies and just thought I'd reach out to this group, those of us who are still working on #1.

Just wanted to vent a bit.

Now that I am a mom I no longer have time for knit.gif,teapot2.GIF,read.gif
#42 of 56 Old 06-28-2012, 02:31 AM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)

Hello,

I am new here & we have been TTC since 5/12.  We succeeded both months in getting PG, but MC both. greensad.gif  I am 32 yrs old.  I don't know what a chart is yet, but will look around & see what it is.  Wish I would of known about this site a while ago as before we conceived our 3rd & 4th daughters, we had many MC's & seems this site is a great support group!

14 weeks pg w/ baby!
Peace Love Joy

Many very early m/c's in my life & 1 fullterm stillborn loss 11/22/13
Anything or anyone that is not adding to your life in some way, is taking away & doesn't need to be there!
DH, 4 DD's & 1 , our's, 's, goats, chickens, & rabbits
#43 of 56 Old 06-28-2012, 02:36 AM

Sorry I must of posted on the wrong thread. I seen 30's & thought it was just women in their 30's.  I already have 4 children (2 with my husband). Sorry I posted in the wrong place. Good luck to all of you & I do understand how hard it is to conceive & carry as it took me many tries with mine.  Many blessings!  hug.gif

14 weeks pg w/ baby!
Peace Love Joy

Anything or anyone that is not adding to your life in some way, is taking away & doesn't need to be there!
#44 of 56 Old 06-29-2012, 11:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dakipode View Post

Hello ladies,

I realized I hadn't posted in this month's thread yet and the month is almost over. I see some of you in other threads but I really felt the need to connect with the Bajingo group tonight. I found myself getting upset when reading TTC posts from ladies who already are mommies and just thought I'd reach out to this group, those of us who are still working on #1.

Yes, yes, yes! I know I just got married and I worked hard on my career before now (I have a master's degree and a career I love), but I see friends and online acquaintances who are my age and have two or more kids and I can't help but think that I've fallen behind, because I made healthy financial choices. And it's hard to vent in real life because my close friends- one got married at 22 and finished her family by 30, two others are childless by choice, and the friend that understands the most is 36 and struggling with infertility so it just upsets her- though she totally feels the "left behind" thing. I try to be so sensitive because she constantly gets asked "you've been married for 4 years, when are you guys gonna have a baby?" and I know they've been trying since they got married 4 years ago. It's such a difficult topic, especially when you see all these other people having baby after baby and all you want is ONE (okay, I want 3 or 4 but right now, one will suffice). 

Patience2013, thanks for the well wishes. good luck to you on TTC. You're from Zanesville??? Very cool. I grew up in Marietta!

Children's librarian, married to J since 5/12, with 3 cat.gifand 1 crazy dog2.gif. TTC #1, planning on femalesling.GIF, bfinfant.gif, and cd.gif.

#45 of 56 Old 06-29-2012, 01:38 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by dakipode View Post

Hello ladies,

Vent away, sister!

I too am struggling with this because my SIL is pregnant. We found out several months after we started TTC and so it hit me hard. My MIL has been wanting grandchildren since becoming an empty nester 12 years ago and since this will be her first, it's all she can think about. Plus, SIL is not that close to DH's family (she also married into it) and at times it feels that she is trying to use the pregnancy/baby as a wedge between us all. I still have hope that she will see the value in having willing family members nearby (and hopefully a niece/nephew close in age if we have our way!) and be more willing to let us into her life. It is also hard to keep MIL from finally pulling out the baby gear she has been storing for 30 years or running out and getting all the baby items she can find at rummage sales without telling her about my ulterior motives to protect our someday baby and focus her budget on what will be used. I can't imagine SIL will use the playpen MIL recently found, for example. At least I can get SIL pumping supplies and a baby carrier for her shower and feel like I am helping her babe with something more than cute (to SIL) nursery decor.

Anyway, that's my rant.

On a happier note, I hope everyone is getting some change to enjoy the summer weather and fresh produce! Just think that if we get knocked up soon, we'll have little ones to share it all with next year. Those kinds of thoughts help me appreciate the little things like enjoying quiet time outside with DH. Ahhhh.

K and B, happily married partners.gif since 2005 and proud parents of one rambunctious C-monster babyf.gif
#46 of 56 Old 06-29-2012, 01:39 PM - Thread Starter

dakipode and librarygirl, I know the feeling about feeling left behind having turned 36 this month and so many people around me having babies or many of them in the time I have been TTC.  It has been exciting to see the ladies on the pregnant Bajingo thread who are just about to have babies.  I know how long a few of them tried before they finally got pregnant.  Gives me hope.

AFM, DH was able to provide a sample to be frozen for our future IVF cycle.  There were 5 sperm that were moving and 3 sperm that weren't moving.  Last time DH had a sperm assay there was only 1 moving sperm so 5 is better.  Dr. told DH he needs to provide another sample to freeze for our IVF cycle.  We are saving toward the IVF and it looks like most of the procedures will be covered by  my insurace so right we are saving our money for the parts that won't be covered by insurance (like some weird "ART case management" which I think is just to cover people being on the phone when I have questions and push paper around to where it needs to go but costs $978).  We need $2250 dollars to covere everything before we can even begin taking meds for the IVF procedure.

#47 of 56 Old 06-29-2012, 06:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimble View Post

On a happier note, I hope everyone is getting some change to enjoy the summer weather and fresh produce! Just think that if we get knocked up soon, we'll have little ones to share it all with next year. Those kinds of thoughts help me appreciate the little things like enjoying quiet time outside with DH. Ahhhh.

That is a beautiful thought. I hope I'll be able to share my experiences with motherhood with you all soon, I definitely feel a cameraderie here and would love to be able to share the journey into parenthood with you ladies as well!

lilac, I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you and DH. Five is definitely better than one! Sounds like you have a plan!

Now that I am a mom I no longer have time for knit.gif,teapot2.GIF,read.gif
#48 of 56 Old 06-30-2012, 01:05 PM - Thread Starter

kimble I love your idea of sharing fresh produce with our little ones next year.  Makes me want to get more out of my garden.

dakipode, it does fee great to have a plan.  I can't remember who said it but "if you fail to plan, then you plan to fail".  Plan is in place, not just to get the money to make it happen.

#49 of 56 Old 07-01-2012, 11:33 PM

Mentioned: 60 Post(s)
Quoted: 25 Post(s)

Do NOT give up hope, ladies!

My dear friend Calycanth had her beautiful baby girl on Friday. We were on this thread together so long and now she's a momma and I will be soon! It's unreal. blowkiss.gif

ecstatic about BFP #2 after another round of Clomid,
TWINS!
EDD 2/15/2015
thrilled to welcome #1 after 17 months of ttc, 1 round of Clomid

DS LG  08/03/12
#50 of 56 Old 07-02-2012, 02:43 AM - Thread Starter

Thanks boots.  It is reassuring that others have waited a long time to get pregnant and then finally had their baby.

#51 of 56 Old 07-02-2012, 06:24 PM

Hey ladies, sorry I haven't been around for awhile. Good to see that everyone is well though - lilac, how great that your husband was able to produce a viable sample! I'm really cheering for you both :)

dakipode, kimble & librarygirl (and lilac!) - I totally hear you on sometimes getting down or frustrated on this journey. Of course I am happy for people getting pregnant, but I am so glad to have this place where I know everyone is in the same boat as me in terms of age and trying for their first. I think it is a unique position to be in and sometimes those are the only people who can support you best. A number of my friends are currently pregnant with their second or even third, and while I know a huge part of me not yet being a parent is down to my own choice, and that is a choice I am happy I made because I feel really happy with the position I'm in financially and career wise....but that doesn't make it any easier. I find it hard to not think about 'what if' situations...what if we'd tried sooner....who knows really? Trying sooner could have just meant trying for even longer than I have now! 

boots - Thanks so much for your words of encouragement! It's always great to see you when you pop in, and I know that you get where we're all at. It's so awesome to have living proof of this working!

afm - Well, I finally ovulated on CD31 (crazy!) according to FF. I never would have known, no symptoms or obvious temp spike, but looking at my chart now I can see the shift. I totally thought we'd be out this month but it looks like we had really good timing unintentionally. Since FF didn't give me crosshairs until about 5DPO I don't feel like I've had quite the 2ww I normally do. In saying that, I'm making up for it in worrying now - ha! I'm on school holiday for the next 2 weeks so don't have much to distract myself with and I'm really trying not to get my hopes up about my rising temps because I know they don't necessarily mean anything. They are different to my usual pattern though.....argh!

Doula, teacher, designer, maker. Living above the mangroves, looking out over the water in beautiful Aotearoa with my husband, our dear friends and a little grey cat.

#52 of 56 Old 07-02-2012, 07:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by doularebekah View Post

afm - Well, I finally ovulated on CD31 (crazy!) according to FF. I never would have known, no symptoms or obvious temp spike, but looking at my chart now I can see the shift. I totally thought we'd be out this month but it looks like we had really good timing unintentionally. Since FF didn't give me crosshairs until about 5DPO I don't feel like I've had quite the 2ww I normally do. In saying that, I'm making up for it in worrying now - ha! I'm on school holiday for the next 2 weeks so don't have much to distract myself with and I'm really trying not to get my hopes up about my rising temps because I know they don't necessarily mean anything. They are different to my usual pattern though.....argh!

I posted this on the ONE thread but I'm finding the absolute best distraction from TTC and TWW worries/obsession to be the 6 month old, high energy, adorable, snuggly Schnauzer/Poodle mix puppy we adopted two weeks ago. :) He keeps me occupied, distracted and there is no such thing as too hot/tired/lazy/migrainy to exercise today excuses when you're dealing with a dog that if he doesn't get his 3 mile walk, he acts likes he's on crack. At the moment he's worn out and snuggled beside me on the couch, but normally he's bouncing off the walls. DH hasn't warmed up to him quite yet (he thinks he's a pain in the ass) but he's actually very good for both of us and I adore my little Gryffindor Chaos (Gryffin for short).

cycle-wise, I think I O'd yesterday (CD19 and very normal for me) but I don't temp so waiting to see what CM looks like tomorrow to confirm for sure. We are in a NTNP cycle (I promised DH we wouldn't go crazy trying until August)  and only DTD twice while fertile so I don't know what our chances look like. I keep telling myself that there is no way possible this month, just so I'm not too disappointed when AF arrives.

Happy TTC, everyone!

Children's librarian, married to J since 5/12, with 3 cat.gifand 1 crazy dog2.gif. TTC #1, planning on femalesling.GIF, bfinfant.gif, and cd.gif.

#53 of 56 Old 07-03-2012, 02:14 AM

librarygirl - Thanks.  I live about 15min outside of Zville in the country, but do all my shopping & appts there.  I have family that live near Marietta tho.

14 weeks pg w/ baby!
Peace Love Joy

#54 of 56 Old 07-03-2012, 03:18 AM

Ha. I completely forgot I joined this thread, but the stats are wrong. I started TTC in 2/11. We had a successful IVF in November, but, unfortunately lost our identical twin sons to IUGR in March. We're working on our rainbow the old fashioned way in July and August and will go back to the clinic sometime in September if we have not been successful yet.

Mama to my twin butterfly boys, Alan and Bruce, who passed away at 22 weeks gestation (3/24/12): Forever in Our Hearts. Our rainbow baby girl, my little bud of Hope,  joined our butterfly boys and Grandma Jan 1/31/13 at 9 weeks gestation. Love you so much. Next step: triadadopt.jpg
#55 of 56 Old 07-03-2012, 03:18 AM

Ha. I completely forgot I joined this thread, but the stats are wrong. I started TTC in 2/11. We had a successful IVF in November, but, unfortunately lost our identical twin sons to IUGR in March. We're working on our rainbow the old fashioned way in July and August and will go back to the clinic sometime in September if we have not been successful yet.

Mama to my twin butterfly boys, Alan and Bruce, who passed away at 22 weeks gestation (3/24/12): Forever in Our Hearts. Our rainbow baby girl, my little bud of Hope,  joined our butterfly boys and Grandma Jan 1/31/13 at 9 weeks gestation. Love you so much. Next step: triadadopt.jpg
#56 of 56 Old 07-03-2012, 07:43 AM - Thread Starter

Glad to see you back, DoulaRebekah.

Here is the link to the July thread - fireworks for all hopefully ending in some BFPs - it has been awhile.

http://www.mothering.com/community/t/1357166/fireworks-in-the-bajingo-juice-ttc-1-in-our-30s-july-2012

Tags
Trying To Conceive

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page