Carlin chartnew.gif3 months TTC, 5 PPAF, DD 26 m/o

carmen358 5 months TTC, 8 PPAF, DD 23 m/o

Jewels*10 PPAF, DD 12 m/o

Mittens6 PPAF, 2 months TTC, DD 23 m/o

kelantan6 PPAF, 8 months TTC, DS 16 m/o

amydiane9 months TTC #3, DD 29 m/o

Ava's Mama chartnew.gif12 months TTC, 10 PPAF, DD 34 m/o

Please put all changes in bold!

Mom to 5 amazing kids! (DS8, DS7, DD4, DD2 and DS0)

#2 of 102 Old 06-03-2012, 02:57 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Hi everyone!  Sorry for the late kick-off!  Hope June is a very eventful (in a good way) month for everyone!  I'm also hoping for the luck of the thread starter to rub off on me.  So many times through the years I've seen the thread starter get their BFP.  Crossing my fingers!  On that note...let me know if you want to host July!

Time sure flies!  I'm CD11 already (again) and have started using OPKs.  I think that I usually O between CD14 and 16, so it will be interesting to see if the OPK correlates.  How many days before and after you think you O do you usually BD?  DH would like it to be from CD10-20, but with 4 kids already that is unrealistic.  There is no time and I am exhausted!  I usually pay attention to when the cervical mucous increases and start then until a day after I feel O pain.  That's usually approximately CD13-CD17.  Just wondered what other's people strategy is.

#3 of 102 Old 06-03-2012, 06:53 PM

I'm glad things got started again!

CD11 here as well and CM is already on it's way to EWCM.  I've been having very long patches of EWCM the past few cycles so I'm hoping that I'll start Oing sooner than around CD 22 and shorten my cycles a little bit. 

We were supposed to be out of town around O time this month and staying with family, but our renovations aren't complete yet so we're not taking the trip; which I am very happy about.  Hopefully DS continues to sleep well so that DH and I have some time to ourselves!

Mom to DSfemalesling.GIF 13mo.

#4 of 102 Old 06-04-2012, 02:27 AM

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
thanks for the new thread! Not much going on around here and we're sitting this month out but I'm lurking and rooting y'all on!

Our little miracles are here!!joy.gif
energy.gif DD Born 7/15/11 biggrinbounce.gif DS Born 4/3/13
love.giflove.gif Keep growing healthy and strong, beautiful little fighter babies!!!

Auntie to Nell, Greta, Maggie, and Elsa!

Remembering our 3 losses

#5 of 102 Old 06-04-2012, 03:30 AM

Thanks for being thread hostess jr'smom!

As far as my "strategy", I've only had one month to try it out but we started BDing as soon as I saw EWCM and then every other day thereafter...for about a week or maybe a bit more. DH and I were out of town visiting family when it happened this month..but we managed to work BDing in anyway (wasn't DH thrilled!). So I guess now I'm in the tww. I don't have any idea what dpo I am so I don't know when to test. Good thing I have like 80 internet cheapies!

wp135- hope your cycle shortens and DS gives you ample alone time!

SAHM to DS stillheart.gif 7/1/2010, So excited for #2 due at the end of February!!!

#6 of 102 Old 06-04-2012, 05:00 AM

Super bummed, ladies. So it's still early, but yesterday I was feeling so nauseous so I tested. Lo and behold I got what looked like a very super faint BFP.....on 4 tests (DH even saw them). They all had it. So, I took a FRER, negative. I couldn't believe I'd get 4 evaps in a row since I've never gotten one ever. So, I figured there was a really good chance I was pregnant especially considering how I feel. Tested this morning on two of the same tests,  both negative. Damn! This is my 2nd PP cycle and we DTD a lot during my fertile period so there really is a chance I could be and I was like "no way all these tests are evaps, especially because I really did ovulate this cycle..and I feel like barfing." Of course, that's when I'd get my first evaps, one after another. That's just mean.

SAHM to DS stillheart.gif 7/1/2010, So excited for #2 due at the end of February!!!

#7 of 102 Old 06-04-2012, 06:13 AM

Thanks for starting the new thread Jr' s mom. As far as a strategy goes, I do OPKs and then we BD every day until my temp rises (if temping) or 3 days after the +opk just to be on the safe side. There are no sperm issues so I think we're ok with BD every day. I get EWCM for a long time so it would be a lot of BD if we went only by that and like you I'd be too tired out by the time O comes around!

letileon- Blah! evap lines suck suck suck. Like you I had 2 last month and then got negatives on a FRER. I hope it's just too early for you and you get that BFP. Nothing like playing with your head right?

wp153- I hope you get the o sooner!

AFM: I'm 4DPO and am trying to keep busy with other things. We went camping on the weekend so that was great. During this present cycle (cycle day 6) I had a dye test (HSG) to check my tubes. My left tube was a little slower to fill but my RE said they looked good. After this cycle if there's no BFP we are going to do a stimulated cycle. I'll be on Gonal -F, do a trigger, and then 1 or 2 IUIs and timed BD. My RE did say that BF affects the lining but that we will give it a go and see. She said the trigger will actually give me some extra support for my luteal phase. I'm so pleased she's willing to treat me while BF. She said it would be ideal if we had 3-4 follicles so I'm glad to hear that as she was sooooo conservative when we did our 3 IUIs before IVF with DD. I think she gets it that we're not the most fertile:) Funny though that we conceived DS on our 3rd month which was actually the first month we used OPKs and had the timing right.

Please change me to

2cutiestolove

DS6yo, DD16mo, 4PPAF

#8 of 102 Old 06-04-2012, 10:29 AM

Hi All,

Well, my cycles are apparently all over the place.  Maybe I should start actually temping.  This month, AF arrived 8DPO (based on CM and cramping), after having had a 13-15 day luteal last month, and about 12ish day luteal the month before.  I had only a 24 day cycle this month.  I have no idea what is up with that!!  I don't think DS was nursing more than usual.  I've been really tired lately, not getting enough sleep, and work's been more stressful than usual.  But doesn't that usually delay ovulation (which it may have given I think I owed on day 17)?  Can that decrease the luteal phase length?

We are gearing up to TTC starting in July, so maybe after this cycle??  That is kind of scary and exciting!!

Nikki

N, wife to my goofball K partners.gif and mamma to my EC grad D (July 2010) and my new little love S (May 2013).  Exploring the uncharted territory of tandem nursing with my two boys.

#9 of 102 Old 06-04-2012, 06:44 PM - Thread Starter

letileon, Are you sure those were evaps?  In the past I've had very faint positives super early, then a negative for a day or two, and finally positives that darken.  Don't give up hope yet! 

I thought I was getting evaps last month but with the unusual spotting and lengthy cycle, I eventually came to the conclusion that they were super early BFPs and a nonsticky pregnancy.  (I hate calling it chemical.)

#10 of 102 Old 06-04-2012, 07:26 PM

Thanks for giving me some hope jr'smom! No, I'm not totally sure they were evaps. I got two evaps today and three negatives. I'm figuring they are though, especially given that I'm using internet cheapies with a bad evap reputation. I have just never gotten one before. I will keep testing till AF gets here, since it is still pretty early.

Can you move me to TWW and DS 23 months, thanks!

#11 of 102 Old 06-05-2012, 08:02 PM

Hey all! Thanks for the new thread.

Well, I can be moved back to Waiting to O greensad.gif AF arrived full force on Saturday. Oh well, I'm not terribly stressed about it. AF last month was really super light and I was worried that maybe my uterine lining didn't get a good clean out, kwim? This month's AF is MUCH heavier so I feel better about it. And hey, more excuse to BD! That's a good thing smile.gif Sometimes I really need TTC as an excuse to initiate.

Anyway, off to sleep while my munchkin is sleeping - his sleep recently has been really awful so I need to snatch it wherever I can!

Married to my wonderful DH 5/2010, Mom to DS1 Kayden 7-14-2011 wild.gif and DS2 Jakob 8-29-2013 babyf.gif

Owned by Friesians and Drum Horses, plus the dogs, cats, rabbits and chickens

#12 of 102 Old 06-06-2012, 09:18 AM

I'm waiting to see if AF shows up this week, or if it becomes a BFP at the weekend.

This is my 3rd PP cycle and last month I didn't O until CD22 then AF showed up CD32.

This cycle I think I O'd about CD21 and I am now on CD30. DS2 will be 9 months on Friday.

If AF doesn't show by Saturday I'll be testing first thing Saturday morning.

Lynslingboy.gif, wife to Robtrekkie.gif & Mamma to angel.gif "Moredcai" 12wks July 09, Aiden(6/1/10)banana.gif and Seth(9/7/11)babyf.gif hbac.gif  New blessing Megan(5/9/13)hearts.gifuc.jpg

#13 of 102 Old 06-06-2012, 12:49 PM

Good luck Lynann! Keep us posted!

#14 of 102 Old 06-06-2012, 06:26 PM - Thread Starter

Yes, Good luck Lynann!

I'm on CD14 and as predicted I got a positive OPK tonight.  It's been a while since I've used them; please remind me does this mean the egg is about to be released or has already been released?  I'm thinking the LH spike is what triggers the release of the egg, right?  I haven't felt O pain yet.  I bet I will tomorrow.  I'm very excited to get into the TWW again even though it sucks; it's also exciting that there is a possibility of being pregnant! 

We booked a Disney World trip with extended family for the beginning of May 2013.  I'm pretty sure that guarantees I will get pregnant in the next six month and have to cancel that trip!  Actually if I get pregnant this month that timing might not be too bad.  Traveling with a two month old isn't bad and I'd still be on maternity leave.  We'll see.  I'm really counting my chickens before they hatch! 

#15 of 102 Old 06-07-2012, 11:38 AM

jr'smom: Typically once you get a positive OPK, you will ovulate in the next 24-48 hours. Good luck catching the egg!!

Married to my wonderful DH 5/2010, Mom to DS1 Kayden 7-14-2011 wild.gif and DS2 Jakob 8-29-2013 babyf.gif

#16 of 102 Old 06-07-2012, 11:40 AM

Oh, and I did some travelling while DS was 9-12 weeks old - both extended car trips and some airplane trips - and you're right, it's a great time to travel. He was still pretty easy to entertain. It was basically - you're bored? Okay, have a boob, off he went to sleep, and we were good to go smile.gif

#17 of 102 Old 06-07-2012, 01:15 PM

Hello,

Can I join this thread please? I am only on CD4.  This is my second pp af and there was 6 whole weeks in between them so hoping this cycle is shorter - or even better that I get my lovely BFP and dont get a third ppaf :D ........

I ovulated cd 25 last cycle and did A LOT of bd'ing leading up to it but I also ran a 10km race and was doing a lot of running and swimming to train (and i am no sportwoman so was a great stress on my body) so I think that may have affected things (o'd on the day of my race).

My little feeder has been feeding a lot more for the last week as he had a cold so am hoping this doesnt supress O.  DH is being very supportive and is helping me at night when ds wakes up we are going to get nightweaning back on track as it is how I o'd in the first place.  Am looking forward to this month.  Right, lets get those BFP's.............

Oh please could you change DS's age to 17 months ?

x

Mama to my beautiful boy DS superhero.gif 22 months and belly.gifnumber 2 due June '13

#18 of 102 Old 06-07-2012, 06:27 PM - Thread Starter

Alright, I feel ovulatory twinges tonight.  It is nice to have a predictable typical cycle.  The OPK just confirmed what I believed to be true. 

#19 of 102 Old 06-08-2012, 07:31 AM

I caved and tested this morning. Big Fat NO, but still no AF either.

I'm so confused about my cycles this time around. I've always been a 27/28 day cycle with O on CD13/14, and last time around I went straight back to that cycle when DS1 gave up nursing suddenly at almost 3 months. I conceived DS2 on the third cycle.

I had a day of spotting Feb 29 then first real PPAF started April 7 (while out of town for the weekend) (39 days later) I got EWCM CD22 and AF arrived 11 days later.

So far this cycle I got EWCM CD22 and today is CD32 and no signs of AF, but the BFN.

On top of everything else DS2 is refusing to nurse and will only drink my milk if I express and put it in a bottle, so now I have to add pumping to my day to try to keep ahead of him. (This only started yesterday.)

I am seriously considering charting this next cycle so I can see what is actually going on, as my cycle is obviously very different while lactating.

Lynslingboy.gif, wife to Robtrekkie.gif & Mamma to angel.gif "Moredcai" 12wks July 09, Aiden(6/1/10)banana.gif and Seth(9/7/11)babyf.gif hbac.gif  New blessing Megan(5/9/13)hearts.gifuc.jpg

#20 of 102 Old 06-09-2012, 05:32 AM - Thread Starter

Sorry about the BFN, Lynann.  I (sort of) charted this cycle for the same reasons.  My last cycle was a weird one and I just wanted to know what was going on.  Of course this cycle seems like it will be my typical 27 or 28 day cycle with O at day 15.  I think I'll keep (sort of) charting for a while.  I don't temp because my rising times vary by a couple of hours a few days of the week. But watching the OPKs and fertility signs have reassured me that I know what's going on.

I am 2DPO today.  I will probably start testing as early as 7DPO just because I want to use up the pregnancy test strips I bought last month to get back to the ones I normally buy and like better by the time I might actually see a BFP.

#21 of 102 Old 06-09-2012, 06:25 AM

Hello ladies! It's been a while since I've posted. Welcome, Monday!

Thanks, jrsmom, for hosting this month! Like you, my schedule is too nutty to really chart, so I keep track of CM and use OPKs. That combination seems to work for me.

wp135, I hope your timing worked out! Maybe this is your month for a BFP.

letileon, so sorry to hear about your challenges. Hopefully, the tests are just slow to pick up the BFP. Not knowing what is going on with your body can be so frustrating.

Sorry to hear about AF, livingsky. Let's hope your body is just gearing up!

AFM: Last month, AF lasted an unprecedented eight days. This month, here and gone in three. I'm not complaining! Now I'm on CD6, just waiting to O and crossing my fingers that my LP will be long enough this month. Each month, it's been getting one day longer (from 7, then 8, then 9 days). I'm hoping that we stay the course and a 10 day LP will do the trick!

You can update me to waiting to O, DD 21 months, 4PPAF. Thanks!

Mama to baby girl, born 9/10; expecting baby #2 4/13.

#22 of 102 Old 06-09-2012, 03:28 PM

Hi, I am new to the forum. Hoping I can join you all.
I am in my 2WW and 8DPO with the flu. So far I have had a rise in smell, bad lower back pain, little cramps started yesterday and a little bit this morning.

I tested this morning as soon as I woke up and got a BFN, I am thinking its to early to test. I have a 34 day cycle and AF is due in 5 days.
Oh and I am also breastfeeding my 17 month old.

Can't wait to get to know you all and wishing you the best of luck on your TTC journey.
#23 of 102 Old 06-09-2012, 06:14 PM

I'm so excited!  I usually O around day 21 and I just had my first +OPK and ovulation pains on day 17!  I was really worried that I'd ovulate late since DS has been nursing like crazy and I'm pretty sure he's getting his 12mo molars right now.  My best friend is going through IF treatments and it looks like our O dates line up exactlly this month!  I have always wanted to be pregnant with a close friend, hopefully things work out!

Mom to DSfemalesling.GIF 13mo.

#24 of 102 Old 06-09-2012, 06:36 PM

My best friend and I randomly got pregnant within a week of each other (both surprise babies!). It was great having someone who was just as pregnant as I was. Then we both had our sons on the same day!! (Strangely enough she and I are born on the same day too)

#25 of 102 Old 06-10-2012, 05:05 AM - Thread Starter

Welcome Jas87! 

Congrats on the early O wp135.  Good luck to you and your friend this month!  That would be really be something!

#26 of 102 Old 06-11-2012, 05:54 PM

So I joining in here. I am TTC#3 at 33 years old, and tandem nursing a 4yr and a 22mth boys. My cycle is 40days long, nut sure what is was before with other time ttc. We are on our 5 cycle of trying. The last two cycles and this one I have had spotting starting on day 12 for 2 day and the O on day 28, this is with 2 weeks of EWCM. Then the spotting starts on day 10DPO, until AF on day 40. Anyone else get this spotting like this? I'm taking vitex, could this cause the spotting? I've never spotted like this before, could it just be age?

#27 of 102 Old 06-12-2012, 12:59 PM

Hi

I'd like to join this group in the waiting to be ready section.  I am nursing/pumping for a 14mo old boy.  I have a dr. appt July 3rd to discuss painful BD.  I have not gotten my cycled back yet.  I'm hoping to start trying around the end of July and We hope to catch the first PP egg.  We dealt with unexplained infertility last time and are hoping to get pregs the natural way this time.

DS 4/11

#28 of 102 Old 06-12-2012, 01:12 PM

Sorry I've been MIA for so long.

I'm coming off of 2 cycles that I suspect were anovulatory, but I think I (finally) may have ovulated. Nursing became painful promptly on CD15, after a couple days of kind-of watery CM. So, I'm not 100% sure I'm in the TWW, but it's possible (and I hope I am! I'm ready for my cycle to get back to normal!) 

Can you move me to 2WW, 8 PPAF, 8mo TTC, DS 17mo? Thanks!

Jo - WOHM to E 12/26/10, Wife to SAHD DH.

cd.gifslingboy.giftoddler.gifbelly.gif

#29 of 102 Old 06-12-2012, 04:51 PM - Thread Starter

Welcome/welcome back everybody!  I'll get everyone updated as soon as possible.

I'm 5dpo today and had a touch of spotting.  REALLY crossing my fingers that it could be from implantation since spotting is extremely unusual for me.  Even though I know it's ridiculous I'll probably start testing with my cheap strips at 7dpo.  What?  I've gotten positives at 9dpo a couple of times before. 

#30 of 102 Old 06-12-2012, 05:03 PM

Welcome, Jas87, stretch358 and umma79! May your stay here be short.

Good news, wp135! That's a big (and promising) jump. Maybe this is your month!

Sounds promising, jrsmom! Crossing fingers for you!

AFM: Nothing new to report. CD9, will start OPKs tomorrow and hope for O a little earlier in my cycle this month. 

Mama to baby girl, born 9/10; expecting baby #2 4/13.

Tags
Trying To Conceive

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page