Just Started Trying to Conceive Our First :) - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 8 Old 06-03-2012, 07:58 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Hello All!

I've been 'lurking' on this forum for a few weeks but finally got around to signing up to contribute/get advice, so on and so forth. I'm 28 (going on 29 at the end of July) and went off Yaz Birth Control pills at the beginning of April. 

I just started my first cycle (since going off the pill) yesterday, so I'm hoping this means that my body is getting back to normal! I have been taking Folic Acid but also just ordered some Prenatal Vitamins as I've also read that they can help assist. 

I've been on the Pill for 9 years, so I sincerely hope that my system/hormones aren't too messed up! 

I'll read more of these forum posts to try and answer any questions I've got at the back of my mind before asking anything... but I just wanted to introduce myself!

I'm definitely excited about this new chapter in my life. My husband and I are in a stable enough position right now to start a family, so I'm just hoping it all goes smoothly and that I am able to conceive easily!

Hope you all had a fabulous weekend, and good luck to those TTC as well!

xLottieLee

#2 of 8 Old 06-04-2012, 12:59 PM

Welcome.gif Welcome to MDC!

Good luck TTC and I hope you can join a DDC (Due Date Club) *really* soon.  Are you charting?

#3 of 8 Old 06-11-2012, 11:07 PM - Thread Starter

Thank you :)

I just started charting a couple of weeks ago once my first cycle after going off the Pill started. I'm concerned that it will take me ages to conceive since I'd been on the pill for so many years. I spent so long trying *not* to get pregnant, that it's a big transition to purposefully trying to get pregnant now! I think TTC is more stressful :) 

#4 of 8 Old 06-12-2012, 08:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LottieLee View Post

Thank you :)

I just started charting a couple of weeks ago once my first cycle after going off the Pill started. I'm concerned that it will take me ages to conceive since I'd been on the pill for so many years. I spent so long trying *not* to get pregnant, that it's a big transition to purposefully trying to get pregnant now! I think TTC is more stressful :) 

best way to start out is to go to a dr, get an ultrasound and bloodwork done, so you can get the "ok".

Mama to DD(4) energy.gif&  DS baby.gif

#5 of 8 Old 06-12-2012, 09:41 AM

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 16 Post(s)

I know someone who got pregnant the first month after she stopped bc pills.  Some people take time to regulate and some don't it seems.

Married to a wonderful woman since 2010. Baby boy C arrived in June 2013!

Check out our User Agreement.
#6 of 8 Old 06-14-2012, 03:45 PM

yeahthat.gif  We conceived the first month off of bc pills (that I had been on for years and years) but it ended in a chemical pregnancy - BUT we conceived our darling DS the very next month!  So we were very lucky.  I've also had friends fairly close in age who have had a very hard time and needed assistance to get their BFP.  Like pokeycip said, it just depends.

Wishing you the best (and lots of baby dust!) goodvibes.gif

eta - I was 26 when DS was conceived/born, if that helps at all...

~ Lucky wife of DH blowkiss.gifand loving mama to DS biggrinbounce.gif (04/11) ~

treehugger.gif * femalesling.GIF * ecbaby2.gif *cd.gif * familybed1.gif * bf.gif * namaste.gif *

#7 of 8 Old 06-14-2012, 04:03 PM

Welcome! I also went of bc at the beginning of April, we're trying to conceive #2! (DS is 5, almost 5 and a half now).

Ive just started tracking my cycles and trying to figure this all out... Hoping it comes naturally to both of us! joy.gif

Just me and DS.
#8 of 8 Old 06-27-2012, 07:21 PM

Hi LottieLee

Just wondering how it is all going for you?

I stopped my BC pills on 29/5, and since then have had AF once on 17/6 (after a 19 day cycle).  So AF might be back on track, but no sign of EWCM or O :(

I was on BC for 10 years so am getting worried that maybe I will have O problems.....but have been reassured that there is no need to worry about cycles or O'ing until you have been off BC for around 3 - 4 months.....I am hating all this waiting! Hopefully it will be very worth it in the end!!!

praying.gif

Tags
Trying To Conceive

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page