The ONE Thread June 3 - 10 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 78 Old 06-04-2012, 12:59 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

WELCOME TO THE "ONE" THREAD  for June 3-10!!!

posted by alexisyael in 2004:

The One Thread is designed for all on the MDC board. No matter where you are in your cycle, you are welcome to join the One Thread! We are also open to those who are "Waiting to be Ready" for one reason or another. We continue to embrace those of us who have become pregnant as well. Feel free to jump in at any time and introduce yourself!

To help keep the list current and manageable, members will be deleted after a month of not posting to a One thread.

Please make add/remove/change requests in Bold.

whistling.gifWaiting to O whistling.gif

baby4makes6

BaileyB

dakipode

delilahbeau BFPChart2.gif

doularebekah BFPChart2.gif

filiadeluna BFPChart2.gif

FreedEm11 BFPChart2.gif

jeslynn BFPChart2.gif

jr'smom

LindsayDawn BFPChart2.gif  

magoodoggy

maia.springgoddess

maydaymom10 BFPChart2.gif  

nattery

newtoTTC

pieknits

Shawnamarie

SKJ2011 BFPChart2.gif    

Stevi BFPChart2.gif

Tropicalfever

headscratch.gif Waiting to Know (2WW) headscratch.gif

A2E BFPChart2.gif

aHikaru

Angierae BFPChart2.gif

bebelove BFPChart2.gif

BetsyPage

brichole BFPChart2.gif

cavertmmy

clumsysugarplum

dbl_my_luv BFPChart2.gif

firsttimettc

Fnord BFPChart2.gif  

kimble

kittenbritches BFPChart2.gif

librarygirl BFPChart2.gif

LindsayDawn BFPChart2.gif   

livingsky BFPChart2.gif   

Mz J

nearlyelated

odinsmama

SophieAnn BFPChart2.gif

stegenrae BFPChart2.gif

wannabemomkt

confused.gif WTF IS GOING ON?!?! confused.gif

southernmommie

RavenMadMommy

idea.gif Waiting to be Ready idea.gif

anyalily BFPChart2.gif

candyshells

gratefulstella BFPChart2.gif

imbjer

jeminijad

jlmschirm BFPChart2.gif

John16n33

LisaAdkins20

LivingSky

Michaels-Mommy

nisojon BFPChart2.gif    

samy23 

sleepingbeauty BFPChart2.gif
Texanromaniac BFPChart2.gif
CDsMom1031 BFPChart2.gif
Zyon'sMommy

joy.gif ~ GRADUATES~ joy.gif

Big congrats to you all!!

Graduate Thread in I'm Pregnant

http://www.mothering.com/community/t/1337758/the-one-thread-graduates-december-2011

(the current thread keeper can update the graduate link as needed)

heartbeat.gif April BFP's heartbeat.gif

bellybaby2012

GoBecGo

heartbeat.gif February BFP's heartbeat.gif

gozal BFPChart2.gif

Doula, teacher, designer, maker. Living above the mangroves, looking out over the water in beautiful Aotearoa with my husband, our dear friends and a little grey cat.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 78 Old 06-04-2012, 01:15 AM - Thread Starter

New month ladies! Let's hope for some more BFP's smile.gif

A2E - I'm so sorry to hear about your mother in law. Sending huge hugs and love to your family hug2.gif

BaileyB - I've heard similar things to A2E, I don't think midcycle bleeding is too much for you to worry about. Fingers crossed for some extra fertile vibes!

Have a fertile week, ladies!

Doula, teacher, designer, maker. Living above the mangroves, looking out over the water in beautiful Aotearoa with my husband, our dear friends and a little grey cat.

#3 of 78 Old 06-04-2012, 04:42 AM

I get to see a gynocologist in a couple weeks! Yay! I'm hoping to find out why I bleed whenever I check my cervix for cm.

43 w/Emphysema - TTC from 2005 - 2013. 2 miscarriages in 2008. Good things do not come to those who wait.

#4 of 78 Old 06-04-2012, 06:24 AM

Stevi- My midwife/hcp/Billings instructor told us not to check our cervix in the class I took. too much chance of scratching/irritating things and possible exposure to bacteria. I was instructed to just check on toilet paper or maybe insert a finger just into the vaginal opening to check for CM but not to be poking around at my cervix. Is there a reason you are checking it? I mean, it shouldn't be bleeding so probably not a bad idea to get things checked out but I'd stay out of there if it's causing a problem.

Children's librarian, married to J since 5/12, with 3 cat.gifand 1 crazy dog2.gif. TTC #1, planning on femalesling.GIF, bfinfant.gif, and cd.gif.

#5 of 78 Old 06-04-2012, 06:33 AM

ok I am really hoping that this works this time....I have a MAC and it seems to be different sometimes. 

<a href="http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/3d170d">My Ovulation Chart</a>

starting charting my temp again now that I am off vacation and back to my regular routine. Have a great day ladies!

#6 of 78 Old 06-04-2012, 07:05 AM

doularebekah - can you add my chart?  http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/28dcd1

Happy to get some downtime this week before getting ready to O again next week. This is ds last week at daycare before I officially become a SAHM full time. I really need to focus my attention and getting some things squared away and do some things for me. I have a gift certificate for a spa day that dh gave me for xmas. I'm hoping to use it. Yay. Hope everyone else is off to a good start.

Beth - blissfully married to Doug. DS - Liam (5/10) nocirc.gif &  Darcy (2/13). homebirth.jpg waterbirth.jpgNew SAHM & Labor Doula.

babygirl.gif Welcome baby girl! Born at home, in the water, in the caul, and caught by daddy. February 24, 2013!  babygirl.gif

#7 of 78 Old 06-04-2012, 01:58 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)

I think I am def getting ready to O. I have been having more consistently EWCM type mucus although right now it is a little on the sticky side. I also got to pick up some more vitex today, yay! Also, the butterfly came out of his cacoon today! One minute he was in there and the next he was out. DD likes him but doesn't want to touch, which is probably best for the butterfly.

belly.gif1***5****10****15****20****25****30****35heartbeat.gif***40babygirl.gif

#8 of 78 Old 06-04-2012, 05:41 PM

9DPO here, waiting until Saturday morning to test at 14DPO. Hubby and I went for a nice hike on the weekend. I'm just doing my best to keep my mind off things. One evening this week I'll pick up some more dollar store tests because I only have 1 left.

dog2.gifcrochetsmilie.gif Lovin' my sweetheart, pregnant with #1 (EDD Feb.2013) stork-suprise.gif

#9 of 78 Old 06-04-2012, 09:53 PM

Hi, all. I broke down and tested today (I don't know why... way too early). I'm on cd23, and my cycles run 26 days on average. FF can't pinpoint my ovulation because I missed temping for two really important days. But, I think I'm about 8 dpo. My chart has been all over the place with crazy peaks and valleys, and then something that I thought looked triphasic, but it dipped again. I'm thinking the progesterone cream I am using is to blame. So, I stopped taking it today thinking that this would bring on AF, and it might. When I removed my pessary this morning I had the littlest bit of bright red. So, preparing myself for AF now. I just want to start over. I feel like our timing was really not great, so we'll see what the next few days bring.

Good night.

#10 of 78 Old 06-04-2012, 09:54 PM

SophieAnn, you may only need one...smile.gif

Or you could do what I did and wait till you obviously don't need one (because AF reared her ugly head a couple of days before I said I would test).

AFM, just hanging out in waiting to O land. Trying to stay zen, spicing up the BDing by reading Fifty Shades blush.gif

Have a great week everyone! dust.gif

Now that I am a mom I no longer have time for knit.gif,teapot2.GIF,read.gif
#11 of 78 Old 06-05-2012, 05:18 PM

Checking in for the first time this month.  Hope everyone has a great June and that we see lots of BFPs! 

Please move me to waiting to O.

I'm CD12.  I'm using OPKs this month.  I started at day 10 even though I knew it would be way too early just because I have lots and I had a very weird cycle last month (probably a nonsticky pregnancy.)  The OPKs are definately negative! 

Mom to 5 amazing kids! (DS8, DS7, DD4, DD2 and DS0)

#12 of 78 Old 06-05-2012, 05:33 PM

noticed i was bumped off the lists :( I am NTNP right now and am in the 2WW.

Mama to DD(4) energy.gif&  DS baby.gif

#13 of 78 Old 06-05-2012, 07:12 PM

Hi, everyone!

Hope you all get positives soon.

Please move me to waiting to O.  :(

#14 of 78 Old 06-06-2012, 03:42 AM - Thread Starter

stevi - hooray! fingers crossed you get some helpful advice!

delilahbeau - All done :)

maydaymom10 - Done! Good for you, taking some time for yourself. Hope you enjoy the spa!

BaileyB - How cool about the butterfly, what a fun experience for you guys! How're you finding the vitex?

SophieAnn - You can do it! I know, it's so hard to wait to test but it really does cut down on the disappointment if you can. We're all here to support!

ClumsySugarPlum - How're you doing friend? 8DPO is likely still a bit early, but of course you know your body best. Thinking of you!

dakipode - Woohoo! Why not make things fun, right??

aHikaru - Good to see you! I've added you back to the list :)

magoodoggy - I'm sorry to hear that :( Hopefully you get a few days to rest up and relax. 

AFM - nothing exciting to report here. Trying to not let work stress me out too much because I know that doesn't help my chances and health in general. Any other teachers here have any tips on how to be a bit more stress free?

#15 of 78 Old 06-06-2012, 09:39 AM

I decided to go to the vitex capsules instead of the tincture and am having less symptoms/side effects. I got it at our local co-op. It says I can take up to six a day so that is what I am doing. I think I am still revving up to O. I usually O around CD 18-19 and I am roughly at CD 14 (roughly, cuz I am in between miscarriage and first AF). My cervix is way high and not as tightly closed as it was the last few days, but not soft yet either.

This week is one of those weeks where I feel like I am running to the store everyday and I am getting kind of sick of it. It will be nice when our projects get wrapped up. We just got new flooring on our first floor, painted the walls and ceiling on first floor, tore up and re-did the hard wood floors and repainted DD's new room, and built a closet in our bedroom. Now we are getting a new side walk this week, and started a first attempt at potty training. It will be nice to get our house back and to re-stock our bank accounts! dizzy.gifMy garden needs to weeded so bad it looks like a jungle out there and in maybe 3 or so weeks our chickens will be ready to butcher. Thank God, because they are eating us out of house and home. And soon I will be eating them....mmmmm.

belly.gif1***5****10****15****20****25****30****35heartbeat.gif***40babygirl.gif

#16 of 78 Old 06-06-2012, 09:42 AM

DouleRebekah! I did not realize you are in New Zealand! I went there maybe 6 years ago. Sooooo pretty there. My family was seriously considering moving to New Zealand after that trip. We traveled from Auckland to Christchurch. I have some gorgeous pictures of Mt. Eden.

#17 of 78 Old 06-06-2012, 11:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaileyB View Post

DouleRebekah! I did not realize you are in New Zealand! I went there maybe 6 years ago. Sooooo pretty there. My family was seriously considering moving to New Zealand after that trip. We traveled from Auckland to Christchurch. I have some gorgeous pictures of Mt. Eden.

Hubby and I spent a month in the North Island in September (2011 Rugby World Cup!!!) and totally wanted to move there too afterwards, but we would miss our family too much.  In a couple years we'll spend a month in the South Island - we can hardly wait to go back!

dog2.gifcrochetsmilie.gif Lovin' my sweetheart, pregnant with #1 (EDD Feb.2013) stork-suprise.gif

#18 of 78 Old 06-06-2012, 11:55 AM

Can I be moved to Waiting to O please? AF arrived on Saturday. Saved me a test, I guess smile.gif

Married to my wonderful DH 5/2010, Mom to DS1 Kayden 7-14-2011 wild.gif and DS2 Jakob 8-29-2013 babyf.gif

Owned by Friesians and Drum Horses, plus the dogs, cats, rabbits and chickens

#19 of 78 Old 06-07-2012, 06:36 AM

Okay, I have lost weight within the last 3 months and this is the third month in a row I have noticed that I can't pinpoint ovulation as easily anymore because my ovulation cramps have decided to no longer make an appearance. I used to have O cramps worse than AF cramps. They were REALLY bad and I knew that I was ovulating because of them. Well, this month I also didn't have any real EWCM to speak of either so I have NO idea when/if I ovulated. I have never O'd later than CD 19 (today being CD 19) and the one time I did O that late was because it was the cycle after the loss.... so I'm pretty sure I already have but I just have no idea WHEN. GRRRRR! We didn't quite make the every other day BD schedule but we DTD a lot so I hope our bases are pretty much covered. However, I just find it odd that in the last 3 months, because of losing weight perhaps, I can't tell when I ovulate anymore. I don't know if that's a good thing or a bad thing but I REFUSE to start temping again. I can't do it! I really wish I could give DH a BFP this month. He's taking the loss of his mother so very hard and I would love to give him something happy to look forward to. I just wish my stupid body would cooperate.

Jeri, Natural lovin' Mama to Elijah (9.29.03), Eden (10.2.06), and a little one lost along the way (1/12)., Step-monster to Shelby (18) and Stephen (16). Celebrating 12 years together with my soul-mate, Eric. Hoping for a rainbow1284.gif someday! 
#20 of 78 Old 06-07-2012, 07:52 AM

A2E - it could be your thyroid. I know that can cause unexplained weight loss and fertility stuff. I think my thyroid was wacky postpartum but it seems better now.

I am a little frustrated today. It seems like my cervical changes are soooo sloooow this month. I thought I would at least have *some* CM by now but I haven't had hardly any. My cervix is a *little* bit softer but no real CM. I got some evening primrose oil yesterday to take orally so I hope that helps.

#21 of 78 Old 06-07-2012, 07:55 AM

Attached2Elijah- Congrats on the weight loss! Even if it does mess with your hormones. :)

AFM- 7DPO and silly me, took a HPT this morning. of course, BFN. I did have some cramping that I am hoping was implantation and I'm super tired today but I do have diabetes and ate too many carbs yesterday so it could be a blood sugar thing as well. Trying to not get too excited. DH and I went on a date night last night (Avengers and dinner out) and i fell asleep in the car on the way back at 10pm (I normally don't go to bed until almost 12).

happy baby thoughts to everyone!

Children's librarian, married to J since 5/12, with 3 cat.gifand 1 crazy dog2.gif. TTC #1, planning on femalesling.GIF, bfinfant.gif, and cd.gif.

#22 of 78 Old 06-07-2012, 08:21 AM

Oh, sorry to be confusing, it's not unexplained weight loss... I've been trying to lose and so far have lost 25 lbs. It's just odd that it's causing me to not have O cramps or EWCM anymore. We have had my thyroid (and everything else under the sun) tested and I have been diagnosed with unexplained infertility. We have been trying (off and on NTNP and using NFP) for 5 years with no reasons as to why we can't get pregnant. We have decided against fertility drugs or assistance since my husband has a total of 4 children, 2 of which are our's together... just doesn't feel right for us. We're just hoping that it DOES happen eventually... but if not, we'll deal with that too.

Jeri, Natural lovin' Mama to Elijah (9.29.03), Eden (10.2.06), and a little one lost along the way (1/12)., Step-monster to Shelby (18) and Stephen (16). Celebrating 12 years together with my soul-mate, Eric. Hoping for a rainbow1284.gif someday! 
#23 of 78 Old 06-07-2012, 09:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Attached2Elijah View Post

Oh, sorry to be confusing, it's not unexplained weight loss... I've been trying to lose and so far have lost 25 lbs. It's just odd that it's causing me to not have O cramps or EWCM anymore. We have had my thyroid (and everything else under the sun) tested and I have been diagnosed with unexplained infertility. We have been trying (off and on NTNP and using NFP) for 5 years with no reasons as to why we can't get pregnant. We have decided against fertility drugs or assistance since my husband has a total of 4 children, 2 of which are our's together... just doesn't feel right for us. We're just hoping that it DOES happen eventually... but if not, we'll deal with that too.

Oh, I wasn't confused. I assumed it was intentional. :) I was just congratulating you. 25lbs is a great accomplishment. I need to do the same.

We won't use fertility drugs either. I feel like if we can't get pregnant on our own, then there is a reason we shouldn't... We will probably go foster-adopt route if we can't have our own but we just started TTC so we're still hopeful. I'm especially hopeful because right now my wedding/engagement bands are stuck on my incredibly bloated fingers and that has never happened before. :)

#24 of 78 Old 06-07-2012, 10:02 AM

BaileyB, nice picture!

A2E, there does seem to be something about weight loss and hormones. Maybe once your weight has stabilized you will be able to read your body again...

Now that I am a mom I no longer have time for knit.gif,teapot2.GIF,read.gif
#25 of 78 Old 06-08-2012, 07:42 AM

Tested last night (12DPO) - once again I was planning to test on a Saturday am and broke down and tested early on a Thursday evening.  But, I had been feeling really GROSS the last couple days and my chart was looking awesome so I actually thought I had a good chance....

BFP!  I took 2 dollar store tests (1 from Dollarama, 1 from Dollar Tree) and both were good, strong positives in the early evening.  This morning I tested again, one of each, and both were good strong dark lines.  Temp went up this morning too!

Next week I'm going to use the expensive test - the digital with conception indicator and hope to see it say "Pregnant 2-3 weeks", which will be very reassuring that my levels are climbing.

I'm ecstatic, I still can hardly believe it!

#26 of 78 Old 06-08-2012, 08:47 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)

woo hoo! Congratulations, Sophie! joy.gif

I've got my fingers crossed for all the rest of you.

AFM, I had a little spotting since last night ... hard to tell if it is pre-AF as I've had that the past few cycles or something more positive. I'm only 10 DPO and will test on Monday AM since AF is due Sunday. then again, I may break down since I've been feeling a little off the past 2 weeks, but am probably just paying too much attention and over-interpreting normal variation.

K and B, happily married partners.gif since 2005 and proud parents of one rambunctious C-monster babyf.gif
#27 of 78 Old 06-08-2012, 09:58 AM

That is awesome Sophie! dust.gifSticky dust to you!

AFM DTD lastnite. Yesterday at 10 am I had a blast of O pain that lasted all day. This was the first time EVER that I had it on both sides, usually I just have it on the left side...weird. My cervix doesn't feel very ovulatory-ish but this is my first O after m/c so I am sure it will be a little different. I am not sure I will keep taking my EPO since we had to dash home when garage sale-ing because of a sudden diarrhea urge....def didn't want to ask to use some random person's house to do *that* in. blush.gif

Kimble - spotting at 10 dpo is a good sign!

#28 of 78 Old 06-08-2012, 11:04 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)

good luck, Bailey! I hope you are feeling better now blowkiss.gif.

For me, spotting at 10dpo is meh. It's brown, not pink so I am more prepared for AF than no AF. I've been spotting for 1-2 days before AF since coming off the pill in Dec. I don't have temps for all cycles to know DPO, but spotted on CD28/28, 26-28/28, and 25-26/26 the past few months. This is CD27 so seems to fit the pattern. I am kicking myself a little for not temping this morning since we were out late last night and I had to actually get up and go to work when my alarm went off instead of sleeping another hour like I normally do. DH even asked about why I didn't bother.

K and B, happily married partners.gif since 2005 and proud parents of one rambunctious C-monster babyf.gif
#29 of 78 Old 06-08-2012, 01:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Attached2Elijah View Post
Well, this month I also didn't have any real EWCM to speak of either so I have NO idea when/if I ovulated. I have never O'd later than CD 19 (today being CD 19) and the one time I did O that late was because it was the cycle after the loss.... so I'm pretty sure I already have but I just have no idea WHEN. GRRRRR! We didn't quite make the every other day BD schedule but we DTD a lot so I hope our bases are pretty much covered. However, I just find it odd that in the last 3 months, because of losing weight perhaps, I can't tell when I ovulate anymore. I don't know if that's a good thing or a bad thing but I REFUSE to start temping again. I can't do it! I really wish I could give DH a BFP this month. He's taking the loss of his mother so very hard and I would love to give him something happy to look forward to. I just wish my stupid body would cooperate.

I totally understand how you feel, I'm actually underweight, but have been this weight for as long as I can remember. This cycle I didn't really have any EWCM either, but I also know i've ovulated.. only time will tell.

Mama to DD(4) energy.gif&  DS baby.gif

#30 of 78 Old 06-08-2012, 02:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SophieAnn View Post

Tested last night (12DPO) - once again I was planning to test on a Saturday am and broke down and tested early on a Thursday evening.  But, I had been feeling really GROSS the last couple days and my chart was looking awesome so I actually thought I had a good chance....

BFP!  I took 2 dollar store tests (1 from Dollarama, 1 from Dollar Tree) and both were good, strong positives in the early evening.  This morning I tested again, one of each, and both were good strong dark lines.  Temp went up this morning too!

Next week I'm going to use the expensive test - the digital with conception indicator and hope to see it say "Pregnant 2-3 weeks", which will be very reassuring that my levels are climbing.

I'm ecstatic, I still can hardly believe it!

AWESOME! Congrats!

Tags
Trying To Conceive

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page