I could use some charting help... - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 06-06-2012, 10:31 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I'm getting annoyed with fertility friend. It's saying I ovulated on day ten, and that the past 5 days of EWCM haven't been relevant. Grr.  Now I'm all worried that I've been doing this wrong when charting for birth control, (I did my chart on paper while tta, and I successfully avoided for all of that time) and therefore have been ttc at the wrong times. What do you think? 

Either way I've got a 2WW. My temperatures have been all over the place this month, I keep waking up with my mouth open. I usually have a big temperature dip 2-3 days before ovulation, so I think day 15 is a bit more likely.

Here's the chart! www.fertilityfriend.com/home/14634c/"

This part may be TMI

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

My EWCM was 11" of stretchy when I undressed yesterday, so I read that as fertile fluids... 

and I couldn't keep my hands off of my husband! 2whistle.gif

Do you rememberteapot2.GIF the feelingdizzy.gif you got dog2.gifwhen you could use as moon.gif manyread.gif stickers love.gif as cat.gifyou wool.gif wanted? 2whistle.gif thumb.gif  I have that now. namaste.gif Thanks for the smileys! lactivist.gif intactivist.gif

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-06-2012, 11:07 AM
Administrator

Mentioned: 22 Post(s)
Quoted: 71 Post(s)

I would say day 15 looks more likely than day 10 especially with the hormones and EWCM.

winner.jpg Adina knit.gifmama to B hearts.gif 4/06  and E baby.gif  8/13/12 (on her due date!) homebirth.jpg waterbirth.jpg

Old 06-06-2012, 11:58 AM

The crosshairs on your chart indicating ovulation are dotted lines, not solid which means that FF is unsure, but thinks you might have O'd.

I agree with you that it's wrong, CD15 seems quite likely to me too.  You'll probably get a temp rise tomorrow.  After 3 high temps FF will revise your ovulation day and you'll get solid crosshairs if the temp shift is clear and your CM changes to un-fertile.

dog2.gifcrochetsmilie.gif Lovin' my sweetheart, pregnant with #1 (EDD Feb.2013) stork-suprise.gif

Old 06-06-2012, 01:26 PM

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 21 Post(s)

If you are doing the paid version of FF, they have different options for how to calculate fertility.  It's one of the options you can adjust.  I'm sorry, I can't get into the website right now so I can't tell you exactly where it is, but I know I have used it and it changed my O date.

Married to a wonderful woman since 2010. Baby boy C arrived in June 2013!

Check out our User Agreement.
Old 06-06-2012, 01:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pokeycip View Post

If you are doing the paid version of FF, they have different options for how to calculate fertility.  It's one of the options you can adjust.  I'm sorry, I can't get into the website right now so I can't tell you exactly where it is, but I know I have used it and it changed my O date.

That option is available to basic members too - I am one, and just checked.

It's under Chart Settings -> Charting Settings, at the bottom of the page.  I would suggest you leave it in "Advanced" detection mode for at least a few more days.  If you've just ovulated, your temp shift will come and FF will revise the O day.

dog2.gifcrochetsmilie.gif Lovin' my sweetheart, pregnant with #1 (EDD Feb.2013) stork-suprise.gif

Old 06-06-2012, 06:40 PM - Thread Starter

Thank you all. I use the OvuView software on my phone primarily, but fertility friend hasn't disagreed with the OvuView before. I was getting a wee bit paranoid about the differences, and I've been waiting to try that I stopped trusting my common sense. :) 

Do you rememberteapot2.GIF the feelingdizzy.gif you got dog2.gifwhen you could use as moon.gif manyread.gif stickers love.gif as cat.gifyou wool.gif wanted? 2whistle.gif thumb.gif  I have that now. namaste.gif Thanks for the smileys! lactivist.gif intactivist.gif

Tags
Trying To Conceive
User Tag List