Spotting before ovulation and during luteal phase - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 06-10-2012, 12:18 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Anyone else ever have spotting around day 12 of cycle? I had it the last 2 cycles. I don't usually O until day 28 and have 40day cycles. I also start spotting on day 10 in luteal phase, up until I get my period. We are trying ofr #3 and I am breastfeeding. I take vitex and am wondering if it has anything to do with that? Not sure what to think about all the spotting and quite mystified as to what could be causing it.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-25-2012, 06:42 PM
Administrator

Mentioned: 21 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 113 Post(s)

Just thought I'd bump your post up for attention. Hopefully someone will respond with some helpful info. :)

Old 06-26-2012, 09:58 AM

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 21 Post(s)

Spotting on CD12 could be due to ovulation.  When you are fertile, your cervix turns pink because blood is filling the tiny blood vessels on the surface and they are delicate so sometimes they can break and release a little blood, especially if something touches the cervix.  Spotting in the LP can be caused by low progesterone.  I couldn't say if the Vitex is causing any of this, but it is supposed to help support the LP and reduce spotting.  They say it takes about 18 months to reach peak effectiveness, so you could see a change the longer you take it.   Good luck!

Married to a wonderful woman since 2010. Baby boy C arrived in June 2013!

Check out our User Agreement.
Old 06-28-2012, 06:05 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Thanks for bumping this. I am breastfeeding and my cycle is 40 days, I O on day 28. I just O again and now on day 3 of luteal phase I am starting  to spot light brown. I was thinking of trying some progesterone cream, but I am not sure. I've read different things about it, causing cancer. Usually the spotting starts on day 10 or 11 of luteal phase never this early, so it's not getting better. Anyone else have any clues for me? I talked to midwives at the birth center I go to and they were saying this is normal as our bodies get older, I don't buy that at all.

Tags
Trying To Conceive
User Tag List