TTC our first - excited and scared (in a good way) - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 4 Old 06-10-2012, 07:24 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

After a few months lurking in MDC and reading a lot of other people's posts and getting informed about tons of stuff, I feel like I'm finally "qualified" to actually post myself - since we just started TTC!

We just got married last Friday, and our main reason for actually getting married (we've been together for almost 8 years, living together for over 4, have joint finances, own property together, and are human servants to a pair of cats) was starting a family. So here we go.

Wow, not it's no longer theoretical, or a hazy "something", but actually something real that will hopefully happen soon. The timing is right, we're both on the same page about this ... but of course I can't help feeling a lot of conflicting emotions, and I guess that's all normal.

I'm excited that we're finally trying to have kids, scared that we won't be up for the challenge, afraid we might have infertility issues (I have been charting for over a year, so I know that I don't ovulate every month and that plus other symptoms lead be to believe I have been battling with some mild hypothyroidism - happily, lifestyle changes I've made in the last year seem to have been successful), anxious about not losing our friends if we do get pregnant (our families live in a different country, so our [childless and mostly single] friends are our only support system), etc etc.

On the bright side, there's no pressure on the TTC front for this particular month. I haven't been charting since we came back to our native country for the wedding, but I'm pretty sure I ovulated at some point during the week we were apart, and by the time we've had a change to sleep together baby making was out of the picture for this cycle and it was just about fun.

Looking forward to readying other's stories and hope the TTC journey ends up being smooth!

#2 of 4 Old 06-10-2012, 07:33 PM

Welcome! congrats on the marriage. I got married on May 19th and we are hoping for a BFP this week!

I posted a couple of month ago about how exciting and scary it was http://www.mothering.com/community/t/1349490/so-excited-but-so-scared

I didn't get a lot of response but the few responses were really helpful.

Children's librarian, married to J since 5/12, with 3 cat.gifand 1 crazy dog2.gif. TTC #1, planning on femalesling.GIF, bfinfant.gif, and cd.gif.

#3 of 4 Old 06-10-2012, 07:49 PM - Thread Starter

Thanks for the reply. I looked over your thread and there were some useful things :)

#4 of 4 Old 06-11-2012, 11:23 PM

Hi Chispita!

My husband and I are trying to conceive our first as well, so I know how stressful it is! I'm excited / scared as well. Like you, my family is overseas and all of our friends are either single or married and childless, so it will undoubtedly be a big transition for us as well. 

I have mild hypothyroidism as well, and hope that it won't affect my ability to conceive. I only just started charting so I have no idea if I ovulate frequently or not (I've been on the Pill for far too long). 

Best of luck to you and I look forward to hearing about your progress!

xLottie

Tags
Trying To Conceive

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page