How long can I ttc after miscarriage - CYTOTEC - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 7 Old 06-14-2012, 12:16 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Unfortunately, I found out last week at almost 9 weeks that our baby had no heartbeat and had stopped growing a couple of weeks prior.  I did not want a d&c and opted for the cytotec.  Everything has passed excpect for some minor bleeding (u/s confirmed) and I am wondering when we can ttc again.  Also, when can we be intimate again?  I didn't know if the cytotec would have any lasting effects if I were to get pregnant again right away, etc.

I feel it would be healing to be able to ttc again.  If we are practicing "safe sex" and a sense it will be a reminder that I'm no longer pregnant as well.

Any advice would be much appreciated!

Corinne

Mom of twin boys 12/18/03 and my baby boy 8/17/06

#2 of 7 Old 06-14-2012, 01:44 PM

I had a D&C my GP said wait 2 weeks for sex. 

The hospital said after all bleeding has stopped.

We DTD on day 10, but I am on bc. I went on day 5 like the instructions said. 

If I were TTC again, I would atleast wait one cycle. 

I have heard the post mc lining can be thinner,

and if there's any chance of infection it would be horrid to have a pregnancy and a uterine infection. 

Also I think your HCG levels have to come down so that the next one is sticky.

8 might be enough
#3 of 7 Old 06-14-2012, 05:02 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)

I was told to wait until I had a normal period before TTC after my m/c with misoprostol.  I think we waiting several weeks after the m/c was complete to have sex, but I had gallbladder surgery a week after the miscarriage and had to recover from that before I was ready for sex.

Chaotic uc.jpg homeschool.gif mama to 5 plus a bonus one on the way.  stork-suprise.gif

chicken3.gif

#4 of 7 Old 06-15-2012, 10:22 AM

I had a cytotec miscarriage as well. I was told that we couldn't have sex for several weeks because of the potential for infection or scarring. I was also told not to try again until after my next natural period. 

Unfortunately for me that was a year ago, and while I did take 6 cycles off TTC for career reasons, that still feels like a long time to unsuccessfully try, and I am (perhaps irrationally?) wondering/worried if cytotec had some sort of lasting impact on my lady parts hindering my ability to conceive.

So anyway, I'm interested in hearing how things go for you on this. The cytotec was VERY painful for me physically- like seriously painful.

Happily married for 5 years. Tried for our first baby 6/2011, got preg right away, and miscarried. Took a 4 month break, and then had nothing but infertility & a few early miscarriages until 12/2012 when we learned I had a lumpy edge in my uterus. Doc removed it and now we are trying again....

#5 of 7 Old 06-18-2012, 06:58 PM

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Quoted: 13 Post(s)

This website has some TTC after loss boards that might be helpful as well.

Foster mom, married to DH (foster dad!)

#6 of 7 Old 07-15-2012, 07:51 PM

Have there been a lot of cases of women with probs getting pregnant after cytotec. I also used it for a missed miscarriage. The first time I was pg was after about 3 months ttc at age 30. The second time was the following cycle (miscarriage for 1st). Then, cytotec, tons of bleeding (40+ days, bad reaction), then breaked from ttc for about 4 months, then ttc 9 months before another pregnancy, but it was ectopic. Finally had success (with follicle stimulation and then iui) about 9 months after that. After dc1, got pg with dc2 after ttc about 3 months.

Mama to angel1.gif angel1.gif angel1.gif angel1.gifangel1.gif

DS1 (6) jog.gif , DS2 (3)sleepytime.gifbaby.gif DD is here!

#7 of 7 Old 07-16-2012, 03:47 AM

I was told I don't need to wait after cyotec.

Mom to:

Three big girls  twins.gif (10) + joy.gif (almost 9!); 

One little boy ROTFLMAO.gif(6) and a full on toddler diaper.gif  (8/12) born with TAPVR heartbeat.gif (repaired at 6 days old).

Tags
Trying To Conceive

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page