Problems with Answer brand tests? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 10 Old 06-14-2012, 09:01 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

My DH had a vasectomy in February 2010.  I am always very regular.  My cycles are generall 30-35 days long.  I haven't had a period since March 13.  I took a pregnancy test April 23, and May 4, both negative. 

Last Saturday (June 9) I bought a three pack of Answer tests and peed on one.  My DH peed on one because he is silly.  His was starkly negative (duh) but mine had a faint, but definitely pink, second line.  The next morning I peed on the third test, and got the same results.   Since then, I have taken one dollar store test, one Equate +/- test and two digital tests and they have all been negative.

Any guesses on what could be up?  I don't have any pregnancy symptoms beyond what feels like round ligament pain if I move to quickly getting out of a chair or something.  I have some acne, which is normal for the week before my period but also normal for early pregnancy for me.

I'm guessing the Answer tests were defective, but I find it unusual that the test my DH peed on didn't have a second line.  My second lines appeared LONG before the 10 minute window, they actually appeared in under 90 seconds, and they are definitely pink, not gray or shiny like evaporation lines are supposed to be.

Has anyone else had bad luck with the Answer brand of tests?  Are they known for false negatives?

I have not recently gained or lost a bunch of weight, I am not on any medications, I haven't been under a lot of stress.  I am only 31 so I don't think it's menopause.  I can't figure out what is delaying AF.  I realize the chance of pregnancy is pretty slim.

~Sandy
mommy to Joey 11, Ian 9, Hayden 7 and Charlie 3

#2 of 10 Old 06-18-2012, 08:37 PM - Thread Starter

Nobody?  lol  Still no period. 

~Sandy

#3 of 10 Old 06-19-2012, 07:31 AM

Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
I used Answer once and found it accurate. Are you going to see a doctor? Maybe they can do a blood test for you.

Me - 39 - mthfr c677t and multiple unknown caused m/c's
DH - 40 - old and cranky
DS - 6 - ASD and severe adhd
#4 of 10 Old 06-19-2012, 09:20 PM - Thread Starter

My period finally started late last night.  I'm annoyed with the Answer tests, though.  They were very clearly positive and yet every other test I took was negative.  I really think they were faulty tests.

~Sandy

#5 of 10 Old 08-05-2012, 01:19 PM

Do you by chance still have the box? I had the same problem with these tests at the beginning of July. I'm curious as to whether or not it was the same batch? I also got a false positive in November with these tests but figured it was a fluke. Seriously so frustrating!

#6 of 10 Old 08-09-2012, 06:05 AM

ugh so discouraged. I took this test this morning and got  very faint pink second line on an answer test. I still have 3 days until af is due

#7 of 10 Old 08-09-2012, 06:27 AM

prettybutterfly- 3 days before AF is due, my lines are light pink no matter what test I take.

FWIW, I have always gotten my first positive with an Answer brand test. (and Im a habitiual early tester and compulsive POAS-er). I really like them.

Holly and David partners.gif

Adaline love.gif (3/20/10), and Charlie brokenheart.gif (1/26/12- 4/10/12) and our identical  rainbow1284.gif  twins Callie and Wendy (01/04/13)

SIDS happens. 

#8 of 10 Old 08-13-2012, 05:01 PM

Mentioned: 21 Post(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)

ok answer test can pick up hcg levels under 5  i know cuz that is what i tested at friday when i took one think i was pregnant which i am cuz my hcg levels jumped over the weeekend

happily in love with dh blowkiss.gif and raise my three jelly beansjumpers.gif and missing my  babies in heavenangel3.gifangel3.gifangel2.gifangel1.gifangel1.gifangel1.gif angel.gif we finely got are rainbow and me and her daddy are so glad are rainbow is here  born on 11/07/2013 
#9 of 10 Old 08-13-2012, 05:35 PM

chemical preg?

Mama to DD(4) energy.gif&  DS baby.gif

#10 of 10 Old 08-13-2012, 06:52 PM

Mentioned: 21 Post(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)

i agree

happily in love with dh blowkiss.gif and raise my three jelly beansjumpers.gif and missing my  babies in heavenangel3.gifangel3.gifangel2.gifangel1.gifangel1.gifangel1.gif angel.gif we finely got are rainbow and me and her daddy are so glad are rainbow is here  born on 11/07/2013 

Tags
Trying To Conceive

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page