TTC #2 DS is 12 months and still no PPAF. How long did you wait for yours? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 06-19-2012, 09:52 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I know every woman is different, but I'm still curious about how long you all waited before you started menstruating again after birth.

A little more info:

I've never had regular periods. This had a lot to do with being eating disordered for a number of years. I stopped menstruating entirely from 05-07. Once I recovered they were still light and inconsistent. 

In oct. 2010 I became pregnant with DS & carried full term. He'll be 12 months at the end of the month! happytears.gif He still nurses very frequently. (about about 3 times a night in bed & every 3 hrs during the day) He has plenty of solids, and his poops are that of a weaned baby....so I don't feel like he's nursing for more than half of his calories. 

I'm definitely healthy and am taking powdered maca (a couple times a week) for energy & hoping it will help my cycle return.

DH and I are hoping to conceive ASAP.

So what was your experience? How long did you wait? 

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-19-2012, 10:38 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

For me it was about 12 months with DD and 25 months with DS.

The average for breastfeeding moms is something like 10 months, 14 months for moms who breastfeed on demand. There is a LARGE range of normal, though, from 6 weeks PP to 4 years.

You mentioned having an eating disorder in the past.  Women who are thinner often take longer to resume ovulation.  Some people have success with gaining an extra five pounds to kick-start ovulation.

Good luck!

Tags
Trying To Conceive
User Tag List