The ONE Thread June 24 - July 1 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 79 Old 06-24-2012, 06:48 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

WELCOME TO THE "ONE" THREAD  for June 24 - July 1!!!

posted by alexisyael in 2004:

The One Thread is designed for all on the MDC board. No matter where you are in your cycle, you are welcome to join the One Thread! We are also open to those who are "Waiting to be Ready" for one reason or another. We continue to embrace those of us who have become pregnant as well. Feel free to jump in at any time and introduce yourself!

To help keep the list current and manageable, members will be deleted after a month of not posting to a One thread.

Please make add/remove/change requests in Bold.

whistling.gifWaiting to O whistling.gif

baby4makes6

doularebekah BFPChart2.gif

filiadeluna BFPChart2.gif

FreedEm11 BFPChart2.gif

jeslynn BFPChart2.gif

kimble

librarygirl BFPChart2.gif

LindsayDawn BFPChart2.gif  

maia.springgoddess

nattery

nearlyelated

newtoTTC

SandyLoam

Shawnamarie BFPChart2.gif

SKJ2011 BFPChart2.gif    

Stevi BFPChart2.gif

StudyingStones BFPChart2.gif

Tenk

Tropicalfever

headscratch.gif Waiting to Know (2WW) headscratch.gif

A2E BFPChart2.gif

aHikaru

Angierae BFPChart2.gif

BaileyB

bebelove BFPChart2.gif

BetsyPage

brichole BFPChart2.gif

cavertmmy

clumsysugarplum

dakipode

dbl_my_luv BFPChart2.gif

delilahbeau BFPChart2.gif

firsttimettc

Fnord BFPChart2.gif  

jr'smom

kittenbritches BFPChart2.gif

lilgreenmama

LindsayDawn BFPChart2.gif   

livingsky BFPChart2.gif   

Mz J

magoodoggy

maydaymom10 BFPChart2.gif

odinsmama

pieknits

stegenrae BFPChart2.gif

wannabemomkt

confused.gif WTF IS GOING ON?!?! confused.gif

southernmommie

RavenMadMommy

idea.gif Waiting to be Ready idea.gif

anyalily BFPChart2.gif

Butterflymom

candyshells

gratefulstella BFPChart2.gif

imbjer

jeminijad

jlmschirm BFPChart2.gif

John16n33

LisaAdkins20

LivingSky

Michaels-Mommy

nisojon BFPChart2.gif    

samy23 

sleepingbeauty BFPChart2.gif
Texanromaniac BFPChart2.gif
CDsMom1031 BFPChart2.gif
Zyon'sMommy

joy.gif ~ GRADUATES~ joy.gif

Big congrats to you all!!

Graduate Thread in I'm Pregnant

http://www.mothering.com/community/t/1337758/the-one-thread-graduates-december-2011

(the current thread keeper can update the graduate link as needed)

heartbeat.gif May BFP's heartbeat.gif

SophieAnn BFPChart2.gif

heartbeat.gif April BFP's heartbeat.gif

bellybaby2012

GoBecGo

heartbeat.gif February BFP's heartbeat.gif

gozal BFPChart2.gif

Beth - blissfully married to Doug. DS - Liam (5/10) nocirc.gif &  Darcy (2/13). homebirth.jpg waterbirth.jpgNew SAHM & Labor Doula.

babygirl.gif Welcome baby girl! Born at home, in the water, in the caul, and caught by daddy. February 24, 2013!  babygirl.gif

#2 of 79 Old 06-24-2012, 07:03 AM

Good morning and thanks for putting up the new thread! I guess I can officially be moved to waiting to know 2WW. Thanks.

Now that I am a mom I no longer have time for knit.gif,teapot2.GIF,read.gif
#3 of 79 Old 06-24-2012, 07:20 AM

Thanks maydaymom!
Can I ask why the threads only last for one week instead of doing a June thread for the whole month? Just curious since I'm new here!

Just me and DS.
#4 of 79 Old 06-24-2012, 07:45 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by StudyingStones View Post

Thanks maydaymom!
Can I ask why the threads only last for one week instead of doing a June thread for the whole month? Just curious since I'm new here!

I don't have a really good answer for you, other than that's the way it's been done since I started following the thread (I just took over the management last week). Honestly, I like the weekly format as even the monthly ones tend to get long. It's nice to have a fresh start to every week. Maybe one of the others can answers the question better :)

Beth - blissfully married to Doug. DS - Liam (5/10) nocirc.gif &  Darcy (2/13). homebirth.jpg waterbirth.jpgNew SAHM & Labor Doula.

babygirl.gif Welcome baby girl! Born at home, in the water, in the caul, and caught by daddy. February 24, 2013!  babygirl.gif

#5 of 79 Old 06-24-2012, 08:30 AM

The ONE Thread used to be much busier, so monthly threads would have been much too long. That's probably why they are weekly. We used to get 3 or more pages in a day, back in 2008!

43 w/Emphysema - TTC from 2005 - 2013. 2 miscarriages in 2008. Good things do not come to those who wait.

#6 of 79 Old 06-24-2012, 04:21 PM

Hi, everyone! Hope you're all feeling happy and rested after the weekend. Can you please move me to Waiting to Know? Many thanks!

#7 of 79 Old 06-24-2012, 07:45 PM

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stevi View Post

The ONE Thread used to be much busier, so monthly threads would have been much too long. That's probably why they are weekly. We used to get 3 or more pages in a day, back in 2008!

I know, right??  Missing one day meant 20 min of reading when you came back!

THANKS FOR THE NEW THREAD!

Kris: in love with J "auntie" to W (7yrs)  and Z (5yrs)

→Waiting to start my own little family←
Someday it will be my turn!
#8 of 79 Old 06-24-2012, 08:18 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by sleepingbeauty View Post

I know, right??  Missing one day meant 20 min of reading when you came back!

THANKS FOR THE NEW THREAD!

No problem on the thread, but it raises a good question... do we want to go back to doing a new thread every 2-weeks or every month instead of every week? I don't have a problem with either. Let me know what you all think.

AFM -- on that note, I have some news. I got a bfp yesterday & today!! joy.gifI'm still a little withdrawn from the surprise and want to wait a bit before I got reveling in it all, but it looks good for now. I broke the news to dh this evening. Our anniversary was on Thursday, but we really didn't do anything then. So, we went out to dinner tonight, & the last time we'd been in that restaurant happened to be a few days before ds was born. So, I basically wrapped up a couple of positive tests & gave it to him with his card. He is shocked as well. Can't wait to see what happens with this, but am going to remain cautiously optimistic for now that the little bean sticks.

I'll keep monitoring the tread for now, so no worries there. Hope others have some good new to report!

#9 of 79 Old 06-25-2012, 01:40 AM

maydaymom - Wow!! Congrats! That is really fantastic news joy.gif Thanks so much for keeping up the thread, too!

sleepingbeauty - Good to see you! And congrats on graduating, that must feel awesome!

AFM - So....still haven't ovulated and it's CD33. I know it's possible to ovulate this late, but I'm just wondering if anyone has any experience with such variation in an O date? I usually O around CD20-22 so I have no idea what is going on. It's even to the point where I wondered if early AF last month was another chemical and now this is just a weird cycle? Who knows! Normally I'd be getting AF today or tomorrow but there's no sign of that either. 

Doula, teacher, designer, maker. Living above the mangroves, looking out over the water in beautiful Aotearoa with my husband, our dear friends and a little grey cat.

#10 of 79 Old 06-25-2012, 07:58 AM

doularebekah, I just took a quick peek at your charts and they look similar to mine. My O date has varied from CD20 to CD28 and LP from 8 to 13 days... I don't have any answers for you. Your O date looks like it's flexible too though I concur that CD33 seems unusual based on your previous charts. I'm not sure that this reply helps you at all, just wanted to say I feel like I'm in the same boat.

Now that I am a mom I no longer have time for knit.gif,teapot2.GIF,read.gif
#11 of 79 Old 06-25-2012, 09:04 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)

Congrats Mayday!!

I'm pretty hopeful about my 2ww. I feel like I am the caterpillar from "The Very Hungry Caterpillar" book. I have been eating my way through the last couple days! I keep having that feeling of "I need to eat right NOW!" This morning I was even slightly nauseous since DD was pretty needy and I didn't get to eat breakfast right away. Lastnite I went to bed at 11 and my stomach started rolling and grumbling, DH went and got me toast and I scarfed it right down. I think he is getting suspicious that I am pg. He guessed I was pregnant with my m/c about 1/2 way through my 2ww.

belly.gif1***5****10****15****20****25****30****35heartbeat.gif***40babygirl.gif

#12 of 79 Old 06-25-2012, 09:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by maydaymom10 View Post

No problem on the thread, but it raises a good question... do we want to go back to doing a new thread every 2-weeks or every month instead of every week? I don't have a problem with either. Let me know what you all think.

AFM -- on that note, I have some news. I got a bfp yesterday & today!! joy.gifI'm still a little withdrawn from the surprise and want to wait a bit before I got reveling in it all, but it looks good for now. I broke the news to dh this evening. Our anniversary was on Thursday, but we really didn't do anything then. So, we went out to dinner tonight, & the last time we'd been in that restaurant happened to be a few days before ds was born. So, I basically wrapped up a couple of positive tests & gave it to him with his card. He is shocked as well. Can't wait to see what happens with this, but am going to remain cautiously optimistic for now that the little bean sticks.

I'll keep monitoring the tread for now, so no worries there. Hope others have some good new to report!

I wouldn't be opposed to a month-long thread, especially if they're not as busy as they once were, but I'm clearly not the expert here, so whatever you ladies think is best is fine by me.

Congratulations on your BFP, Mayday!!!  Sending lots of good thoughts and well wishes your way for a sticky bean!!!

Just me and DS.
#13 of 79 Old 06-25-2012, 10:49 AM

Congrads Maydaymom!! I feel exactly the same way! I got another BFP this morning darker then any of the other test I've taken....so why I am so apprehensive to want to be moved to graduated?? It's like if I say the words outloud, even though I have not had any necessarily bad experiences....I will jynx it. Silly I know, but when do you feel it's ok so to say you are pregnant and when do you tell people?

Baileyb - when will you test?

#14 of 79 Old 06-25-2012, 11:40 AM

I wasn't going to test until Friday but I took one just now since I picked up 2 at the $ store. Not FMU but I'm pretty sure it is neg. It's either really light or I am seeing things. I don't see the second line every time I look at the stick. Now I will just wait until Friday. 10 DPO today.

belly.gif1***5****10****15****20****25****30****35heartbeat.gif***40babygirl.gif

#15 of 79 Old 06-25-2012, 11:51 AM

My LP is 16 days, does that make a difference in when to test?

#16 of 79 Old 06-25-2012, 12:44 PM

Congrats Maydaymom and delilahbeau!

Well yesterday was our 7 year anniversary and got my first BFP! I too had put the test in a little gift bag and gave it to DH as his "present", heee! His face was priceless.

Fun little anecdote - so my husband is from India, and it is tradition to have the Hindu priests set your wedding date after consulting Vedic astrology to pick an auspicious time. Since we were having a destination wedding for our American wedding and could afford to be choosy about the date, we decided to have it chosen this way (June 24th). So it wasn't until later while at the airport to go to the wedding that I started thinking back to when we first met, the day I started the job we both worked at. Flipping back on my phone calendar and doing some math I discovered that it was none other than June 24th! We were married 3 years to the day from the day we met, without intentionly planning it. :) Seemed so fitting we'd find out about expecting our first the same day, auspicious indeed I've always said!

#17 of 79 Old 06-25-2012, 04:19 PM

Hi I'm new here smile.gif I'm Corinne, 36 and ttc #3. This is my 5th post partum cycle and I'm in the 2ww (2dpo). The last time I joined this forum was when I was ttc baby #2 and I got my bfp the very next month. I'm hoping I'll have the same luck this time around too!

Corinne, mommy to Angelina 3-06-07 and Miabella 6-4-10

#18 of 79 Old 06-25-2012, 05:12 PM

Surveys_1147_medium

ok the bottom one is what mine looks like. I googled "New Option pregnancy test 10 dpo" and got these pictures. (I didn't take a picture of mine earlier). The description for these photos were FMU mine was mid afternoon pee... the line might be a teensy bit lighter than this.

#19 of 79 Old 06-25-2012, 08:12 PM

BaileyB well it looks like there is a line, so that means positive :) I bet by Friday you have a full pink!! Yay sending good vibes your way.

Hello Cormama.

baby dust to all

#20 of 79 Old 06-26-2012, 06:04 AM

Hello ladies, we are finally trying for #2, cycle just started so please put me down in waiting. Took us 3 cycles for our first to get pregnant, hoping it is at least as quick this time. Here is my chart link: http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/248322

Katie trekkie.gif - Married to Mike 06/02/01, Mom to Sydney Anne born 11/21/09 and Alice Maeryn & Oliver Thomas born 04/24/13  hug.gif 

#21 of 79 Old 06-26-2012, 07:13 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by delilahbeau View Post

Congrads Maydaymom!! I feel exactly the same way! I got another BFP this morning darker then any of the other test I've taken....so why I am so apprehensive to want to be moved to graduated?? It's like if I say the words outloud, even though I have not had any necessarily bad experiences....I will jynx it. Silly I know, but when do you feel it's ok so to say you are pregnant and when do you tell people?

yeahthat.gif  Exactly!! I got my darkest test this morning, but am still apprehensive about it. I know I'll have to tell my family next week, because they will guess when I'm not drinking. I guess it will get more real then. I'll still probably wait for awhile before I tell anyone outside of the family. 

#22 of 79 Old 06-26-2012, 07:19 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by pieknits View Post

Well yesterday was our 7 year anniversary and got my first BFP! I too had put the test in a little gift bag and gave it to DH as his "present", heee! His face was priceless.

Congrats pieknits! What a great anniversary give for both of you. Sending sticky vibes your way. goodvibes.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaileyB View Post

Surveys_1147_medium

ok the bottom one is what mine looks like. I googled "New Option pregnancy test 10 dpo" and got these pictures. (I didn't take a picture of mine earlier). The description for these photos were FMU mine was mid afternoon pee... the line might be a teensy bit lighter than this.

BaileyB - that looks really promising. Mine we really light when I took it on Friday (DPO 12), but have gotten darker. Today the line show within seconds of dipping the test. Anyway, my LP is usually around 13-14 days and DPO 12 is the earliest I've ever gotten a bfp. It would make sense that it would factor in to when you get the bfp, but who knows. Can't wait to hear what happens on Friday!

#23 of 79 Old 06-26-2012, 10:20 AM

Hi everyone!  I'm new also.  My name is Jenn, I'm 25, and my husband and I are TTC baby #2.  I joined back in 2010 while TTC our first, who was born in April of last year.  This is my first cycle off of BCP.  I'm currently on CD15 with no O yet.

Loving my husband and our beautiful daughter.  TTC baby #2!

#24 of 79 Old 06-26-2012, 11:55 AM

Thanks for the new thread!

I should be listed under Waiting to O as it STILL doesn't look like I've ovulated. Could you ladies take a look at my chart and see what you think? The only time I've ever been this late to ovulate is the first cycle after my PPAF. Otherwise I always ovulate day 16-20. It felt like I geared up to O and then just never did. Hope this isn't an anovulatory cycle greensad.gif

On the note of threads... we're already 24 posts in after 1 day, so maybe wait and see how busy the thread gets? We've got a bunch of new people it looks like (HI all the new people!!!) so maybe we'll end up busy again!

Married to my wonderful DH 5/2010, Mom to DS1 Kayden 7-14-2011 wild.gif and DS2 Jakob 8-29-2013 babyf.gif

Owned by Friesians and Drum Horses, plus the dogs, cats, rabbits and chickens

#25 of 79 Old 06-26-2012, 12:19 PM

I'm new here too, but have been lurking in the Fertility fora for a while now ;)

We have 2 DDs, and are planning to start TTC in the fall. I have not got my period back from DD#2 yet, but have felt a few crampy/lower back pain PMS symptoms in the last couple of months, so I expect I will probably get it in the next month.

I've never tracked my cycle and I don't really know what most of the acronyms you ladies are using mean, but for planning purposes, I'd like to start paying attention to my body's cues. DD1 was conceived the. first. time. we tried. DD2 took two or three cycles. I'd like to be able to time my due date within certain months (I know, I'm such a control freak, lol!). Ideally, I'd love to have twins, since I want 4 kids and DH wants only 3! Or, maybe it would be nice to have a boy...are there certain days in your cycle where you're more likely to conceive a girl vs. a boy?

Wife to one amazing man and mama to three!

DD1 (03/09), DD2 (06/11), DS (01/14) love.gif

2014: 30/70lbs, 4/52 crafts
#26 of 79 Old 06-26-2012, 12:41 PM

Welcome Lidamama84! My DH and I are also trying for a boy. There is of course no way to really guarantee the sex of your baby. I did a lot of research and the only method that seems to have any scientific backing is the Shettle method. The theory is that boy sperms are faster then girls but not as hardy, girl sperm can live up to three days. So if you are going for a boy the best thing to do, is track your cycle to know when you will ovulate and bd with in 24 to 12 hours before or during ovulation.

I have gotten my BFP but I am sticking around to make sure he is sticky bean and to hopefully see a lot more BFP from the lovely ladies here. Anyway hope that is not to confusing. You can always google it to see what you get out of the theory as well. Good luck and baby dust to all!!!

#27 of 79 Old 06-26-2012, 12:49 PM

Hi to the other new people!

Well yesterday evening I started spotting (little bit of red at first that stopped right away, then just some tiny brown spotting- sorry if TMI). At first I was sure it was going to end as a chemical pregnancy. But- it stopped all night, and this morning my temp was still up and my 3rd HPT was clearly the darkest yet. I had a little more spotting today and called my Dr., she said some spotting is often common but to come in if I'd like for a Beta blood test today with a follow-up Thursday to check if HCG levels are indeed increasing. So I'm trying to remain hopeful!

Here are my 11dpo,12dpo and today's 13dpo tests. I really hoping they're as encouraging as I think.

hpt_sm.jpg

#28 of 79 Old 06-26-2012, 01:52 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)

Congratulations, Pieknits! joy.gifThose are some beautiful BFPs and a great anniversary gift. Hoping all's well and sending some stickiness your way. I've heard that spotting is pretty common, and nothing to worry about as long as you don't have cramps but cannot speak from personal experience.

K and B, happily married partners.gif since 2005 and proud parents of one rambunctious C-monster babyf.gif
#29 of 79 Old 06-26-2012, 01:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pieknits View Post

Hi to the other new people!

Well yesterday evening I started spotting (little bit of red at first that stopped right away, then just some tiny brown spotting- sorry if TMI). At first I was sure it was going to end as a chemical pregnancy. But- it stopped all night, and this morning my temp was still up and my 3rd HPT was clearly the darkest yet. I had a little more spotting today and called my Dr., she said some spotting is often common but to come in if I'd like for a Beta blood test today with a follow-up Thursday to check if HCG levels are indeed increasing. So I'm trying to remain hopeful!

Here are my 11dpo,12dpo and today's 13dpo tests. I really hoping they're as encouraging as I think.

hpt_sm.jpg

Those look great!! I'm sure the spotting is normal :) Congrats!

Corinne, mommy to Angelina 3-06-07 and Miabella 6-4-10

#30 of 79 Old 06-26-2012, 02:55 PM

Pieknits- I had spotting after I found out I was pregnant with my daughter and the doctor told me the same thing, that spotting is common. Congratulations!

Loving my husband and our beautiful daughter.  TTC baby #2!

Tags
Trying To Conceive

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page