Two diff. brands of OPK? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 3 Old 06-26-2012, 02:28 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Hi ladies! A little background: I have Asherman's Syndrome (extensive scarring of my uterus) from after my daughter was born. She's now 9 months old and we've been advised to try to get pregnant soon and then we'll have to have a hysterectomy. So we've been trying for two months. This month I ran out of my internet cheapie OPKs and so halfway through I used the Target brand. According to my early-pregnancy-test.com OPK I had a half positive one on CD 16 but got a full positive on CD 20 with the Target brand. So what do I believe? I should technically start my period today (CD28) but if I ovulated around 5 days late, my period should be here next Monday. I'm feeling a lot like I did when I was pregnant with my daughter (nauseous, bad headache, frequent urination) and both my mother-in-law and mom have asked if I was pregnant. Any ideas? Suggestions? I'm honestly doubt we'll be able to get pregnant on our own a second time and we're having a procedure to pinpoint the extent of the scarring but we have to wait for my period this month! Help!

Thanks so much!

Amber

#2 of 3 Old 06-26-2012, 04:54 PM

Hi Amber,

I'm sorry to hearing about the scaring in your uterus. Based on the info you gave, I would go with the full positive reading on CD 20. If you don't have your period in five days, test! Time is going to be your best friend in this situation.

I wish I had more concrete advice to give you. FX for a sticky bean!

Dreamer, writer, wife, and mom to little guy baby.gif & my spirit babe candle.gif 

namaste.gif treehugger.gif goorganic.jpg whale.gifdog2.gifcat.gif

#3 of 3 Old 06-26-2012, 08:05 PM - Thread Starter

Thanks, writinglove, for your reply! smile.gif I had a few tests left over and took two today (I'm severely impatient) and of course they were negative. I just wish I'd get a BFP or my period so we can get this show on the road for the procedure. So frustrating. irked.gif

Tags
Trying To Conceive

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page