Where is my O?? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 06-27-2012, 12:21 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Hi people

Just wondering if anyone could help me....

I am TTC and I stopped BC on 29/5/12 when i finished my packet and got AF on the same day.  I had no signs of O anywhere in that cycle, then got my AF again on 17/6/12 (19 day cycle)

I know it's only early days, but I am worried that I am not O'ing.  If I got my AF, does that mean I definitely O'd?  I have had no EWCM and I can't understand charting at all so that is probably no good to me.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thank you love.gif

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-27-2012, 06:29 AM

It's common to except some cycle wonkiness after stopping birth control, so don't worry just yet! A 19 day cycle is short, and a period doesn't guarantee that you ovulated, especially without EWCM, but it's definitely possible.

Though it seems daunting at first, charting isn't really that hard, especially if you start with just temps or something. That would be a good way to identify ovulation.

greet.gif and check out some of the other threads around here, and I bet you'll find a bunch of great people an advice to help you out! joy.gif

Mi vida loca: full-time WOHM, frugalista, foodie wannabe, 10+ years of TCOYF 

R-E-S-P-E-C-T spells BRAND NEW User Agreement!!

Old 06-27-2012, 06:12 PM - Thread Starter

Thanks Mosaic....I know it's probably way too soon to start worrying.  but you know what it's like, as soon as you decide to start TTC you want that baby NOW!!! lol

I will wait a few more cycles I think and start charting my BBT....can i start when i'm mid cycle or shall i wait until AF decides to grace me with her presence?

goodvibes.gif

Old 06-27-2012, 08:24 PM - Thread Starter

Also just to update - I am on CD12 and woke up this morning with pains on my left lower stomach....could it be ovulation pains?!?!?! Although, magnifyer kit seems to think not! :( Waiting game continues....

Old 06-28-2012, 12:08 PM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 14 Post(s)

have you read Taking Charge of Your Fertility? That would be a great start! :) And you can chart online for free, Fertility Friend and tcoyf.com.  I would recommend reading the book first though. 

good luck! :)

Old 07-01-2012, 07:24 AM

A woman in my NFP class went off BC in December 11 and is still struggling with normal cycles (I haven't seen her in a month, since we both started TTC, so hopefully it's sorted out for her now). She had a few anovulatory cycles and a few with really early or late O so it might take some time to get regulated.

Do the mini-classes on Fertility Friend- I found them super useful to learn about charting.

Good luck!

Children's librarian, married to J since 5/12, with 3 cat.gifand 1 crazy dog2.gif. TTC #1, planning on femalesling.GIF, bfinfant.gif, and cd.gif.

Tags
Trying To Conceive
User Tag List