Hopeful but confused... - Mothering Forums

View Poll Results: Pregnant on first try?
Yes 3 100.00%
No 4 100.00%
Within 3 months 0 0%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 3. You may not vote on this poll

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 5 Old 06-27-2012, 07:29 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Ok I know others have prob asked the same questions but I feel that every incident is situational and I'd feel better if I had some feedback from people who have been where I am.  I have only calculated my OV day but no charting or temps or anything like that yet.

This is our first month TTC and I so want it to happen right away because well I'm no spring chicken!  We are both in our early 30's no real health issues so I am hopeful but only prob is limited time to BD this month as we have tons going on. I KNOW I KNOW we have to be making love for this thing to happen but this is our first try.  Closest BD happened 3 days before O after which husband left to Costa Rica for 2 weeks.  My cycle is 32 days, Last AF was June 2nd. Most recently BD'd June 15th and 16th and ovulated June 19th. I want to know the likelyhood of pregnancy 3 days before O.  I also want to know how soon to test--I did the wrong thing by testing yesterday (7DPO) and of coarse got a BFN.  I am just anxious and eager for this next chapter. Any insight is welcome.  Anyone get preggers 1st month trying with limited BD time?!

Thanks

SvenMommy <3

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 5 Old 06-27-2012, 08:17 AM

Our first was unexpected, but for this one (currently TTC), we have been at it (no pun intended) for 3 months now, and still no baby.   

I also have a 32 day cycle, and for me the best time to test is 13-14dpo.. I think any earlier would give me a negative no matter what.

Good luck!

Just me and DS.
#3 of 5 Old 06-27-2012, 08:28 AM

I conceived my first on the first try which ended in a chemical pregnancy, and then conceived DS the very next month at 33 years old.  We conceived DD on the second try at 34 years old. I am currently baking our 3rd which we conceived on the third try and I am 36.  With the first two we were casually trying.  We decided to not prevent and voila! On the third because I wanted to be finished by 37 we put a little more effort into our timing.

Wife to my love Ted, and Mama to DS  ('09)    DD  ('11)  DS ('12) love.gif!

#4 of 5 Old 06-27-2012, 08:38 AM

Conceived my first on the first try, this time around it's taking a bit longer.

Megan - DP Mike - DS Jack (Feb 2010)

****5****10****15****20****25****30****35**stillheart.gif*40**

#5 of 5 Old 06-28-2012, 10:08 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)

I got my 1 year old daughter by DTD 3 days before O. Apparently my DH has some strong swimmers considering we DTD and then I got on a plane for work and flew across the US. I was in NM and he was in GA when I realized, through charting, that my O was early. We had thought we would be safe because my O was due six days into my trip (my cycles are like clock work) not 3 and I wasn't having any real fertile CF that I had noticed. So yes you can get pregnant by DTD 3 days before O.

Good Luck!

~Patti~ rainbow1284.gifMomma to three girls and three boys chicken3.gif, First mother to one girl triadadopt.jpg

Certified, card carrying member of the IEP Binder Clubkid.gif  

Tags
Trying To Conceive

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page