What are the symptoms of an anovulatory cycle? - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 9 Old 06-30-2012, 12:09 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Hi

Just wondered if anyone could tell me the signs of an anovulatory cycle? Or can there be no symptoms?

I'm on 5, 6 or 7 dpo and am suddenly panicking that maybe I havent o'd at all and am hoping for nothing.

Thanks

Mama to my beautiful boy DS superhero.gif 22 months and belly.gifnumber 2 due June '13

#2 of 9 Old 06-30-2012, 06:51 PM

I'm guessing that you don't temp? That is the best way I know of to see if you've ovulated. Usually I get a clockwork temp rise of about .4 degrees, although it hasn't happened this month, so I am in the same boat of being confused and wondering when I will start a new cycle. =(

Have you had a lot of stress this month? That can delay it...

#3 of 9 Old 07-01-2012, 06:12 AM - Thread Starter

I dont temp because of co-sleeping, I have a thermometer right there beside me and keep thinking I should try but the thought of temping stresses me too much so I just don't. 

The day I got my first positive OPK we were at a wedding, I wasn't stressed but ended up nursing a LOT more than normal that day and evening.  The next mornng another positive OPK which got fainter by eve but then the following morning ANOTHER positive.  So I'm wondering if all those posistves are a sign that my body couldn't O this month because of all the extra feeds..

I have had white creamy cm since the ewcm ended which I'm taking as a good sign that my progesterone is rising (does progesterone rise anyway even if you don't O?)

I hope we both find out whats going on soon!

Mama to my beautiful boy DS superhero.gif 22 months and belly.gifnumber 2 due June '13

#4 of 9 Old 07-02-2012, 10:59 AM

I've nightweaned, but we still semi-cosleep. I very often end up going into his bed and sleeping/nursing from about 5 am to 7 or 8, but I haven't found that made temping too difficult (until this month!). So, maybe give the thermometers a try, and if it's totally confusing, forget about it. But it might help. Good luck to you! I will be so thrilled if AF shows up this week, rather than this weird cycle continuing...didn't think I would be saying that any time soon!

#5 of 9 Old 07-02-2012, 11:06 AM

Bumping this thread in hopes that more mamas will chime in. I'm in the same boat Monday---TTC but not actually sure if I'm even ovulating due to a pretty intense nursling (he's 2.) We semi cosleep as well and my sleep schedule is all over the place, so temping isn't an option, I'm afraid. I also think I had a low grade yeast infection for the past 10 days or so, making it hard to even track my cm. I guess only time will tell if I've O'd.....or maybe there's another method of tracking I don't know about? I've heard that the position of the cervix changes throughout your cycle....anyone know if that's a reliable method of tracking?

~may all beings be free from suffering~
#6 of 9 Old 07-02-2012, 12:09 PM - Thread Starter

I am tracking my cervix but tobe honest I haven't a clue whther it means anything, I'm sure it means a lot but mine can change position within minutes (literally).  The only consistency since the day I think I might or might not have O'd is that it has closed firmly and is very tilted so it's very hard to feel the opening.

I think I will have to give temping a go sooner or later.  it's the fact its dealing with numbers that has put me off as I am so awful at anyhting numeric!!

#7 of 9 Old 07-02-2012, 01:02 PM

I try to check my cervix, but I can't figure it out either! Sometimes it is definitely much higher than others, but the hard/soft seems so subjective, and it also seems to change position frequently. I was told by my midwives that I have a tilted/tipped uterus, so I wonder if that makes it harder to interpret? Are both of you having regular cycles at this point? I think the longer your cycle is (say, over 40 days), the less likely you are to have ovulated.

#8 of 9 Old 07-02-2012, 07:21 PM

You can still temp even though you cosleep. Also, I usually know my baseline pre ovulatory temperature, so I could potentially just start temping and if my temp was high (a couple days in a row), I'd have an idea that I already ovulated that cycle. It's not an exact science, but for me I know I typically run at aroun 97.somthing preovulatory, and 98.something after ovulation.

If you know your baseline, you could try this as well, and not have to temp everyday. But at least you'd get a better idea if you probably ovulated or not with this.

#9 of 9 Old 07-03-2012, 06:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monday View Post

I am tracking my cervix but tobe honest I haven't a clue whther it means anything, I'm sure it means a lot but mine can change position within minutes (literally).  The only consistency since the day I think I might or might not have O'd is that it has closed firmly and is very tilted so it's very hard to feel the opening.

I think I will have to give temping a go sooner or later.  it's the fact its dealing with numbers that has put me off as I am so awful at anyhting numeric!!

I find the whole temping to be scary and stressful too.. I barely understand what I'm looking for, yet I religiously take my temperature every morning at 6:30. 

What I found helpful is to use www.fertilityfriend.com for tracking (there's also an app for iphone!) - it takes all the manual work out of it, and it gives you a pretty little graph and pinpoints ovulation for you based on temps and cervical mucous.   Check mine out, link is in my signature.

Good luck!!

Just me and DS.

Tags
Trying To Conceive

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page