Nursing Mamas TTC - July! - Page 4 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#91 of 107 Old 07-26-2012, 12:49 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Turns out my opk would get darker if I were pg, at least for awhile. I did not know this. Not that I truly thought there was a chance I was pg already but it was a nice daydream.

Peggy: full-time shift-working mama to Kiddo (Nov|04) and Babygirl (May|11). Fiancée to Babe. Step-mom to Tween, my bonus daughter (Sep|00). Currently TTC - http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/3c1739

#92 of 107 Old 07-26-2012, 01:53 PM - Thread Starter

Updated to here!

Brogansmomma, I think a wonkey first few cycles are pretty normal.  As long as it's a late O date but still an ok LP, it just makes TTC more tricky but doesn't mean you won't!

So, today is DSs 2nd birthday, and CD28 for me.  I seem to usually have a 29 day cycle, so AF is imminent if I'm not PG.  I had planned on testing today, but didn't have a PG test at home and wasted the one I did have at 8DPO.  I haven't made it to a drug store the last few days (had a 4am-8pm work day yesterday!), but will stop tonight I guess.  I do not feel pregnant.  With DS, I had crazy CM during the 2WW, my nipples changed color and I had a desire to avoid alcohol.  No such symptoms this month, but each time is likely different, right?  If AF doesn't arrive tonight I'll test in the AM because the anticipation is killing me!!

N, wife to my goofball K partners.gif and mamma to my EC grad D (July 2010) and my new little love S (May 2013).  Exploring the uncharted territory of tandem nursing with my two boys.

#93 of 107 Old 07-26-2012, 07:24 PM

Hi ladies. Checking in from the road. We've been to Detroit, then Niagara Falls, and now we're camping in Lancaster County PA. I should be O'ing any time now. Unless I get O pains I won't know when though. Based on my usual timing I should O today or tomorrow. We miraculously managed to BD last night so we actually stand a chance of conceiving this month. It was DH's idea; I had been rethinking our TTC plans while spending so much time in such close quarters (a small RV) with our 4 little ones this week! Don't get me wrong--they're awesome--but not easy. Wouldn't it be ironic if we conceive on the cycle I am second guessing our plans? Obviously I would still be very happy or I would have shooed DH'S away last night.

Good luck everyone!

Mom to 5 amazing kids! (DS8, DS7, DD4, DD2 and DS0)

#94 of 107 Old 07-26-2012, 08:01 PM - Thread Starter

ok, so guess who just showed up immedietly after I bought a PG test!  Not that I'm surprised! Oh well, at least I didn't waste another test! Back to waiting to O!

jr'smom, fingers crossed for you!

I am heading out of town tomorrow for 10 days, camping, and won't have access to internet, so I'm sorry but I won't be able to do any further updates.  Is anyone able to host next month and do the updates for the rest of this month in the August thread?  

N, wife to my goofball K partners.gif and mamma to my EC grad D (July 2010) and my new little love S (May 2013).  Exploring the uncharted territory of tandem nursing with my two boys.

#95 of 107 Old 07-26-2012, 08:40 PM

Hi ladies, just checking in briefly. Nothing to report here, on CD 14 and no signs of O yet, which is sadly typical. Hopefully it won't be another crazy cycle like last month! If I can be disciplined about it, I think I will use internet cheapie OPKs for a week or more, just to make sure I'm reading them right and not getting multiple LH surges...

Nstewart, sorry this month didn't work out. Jr's mom, you're in my part of the country right now! Hope the weather isn't too wet and soggy for your camping trip!

I'll be traveling a lot in August so probably won't be online much then.

#96 of 107 Old 07-27-2012, 08:52 AM

I just had O confirmed as Tuesday so I'm 3DPO.

I've been crazy emotional this week, so much that DH asked me if I was actually already pregnant (I get crazy emotional for the first few weeks around a BFP), but no I'm just crazy emotional, probably because my 40th is just over 2 weeks away. Since I did actually O this month I should know one way or the other by my birthday. If its no this cycle then I think we're going to take a break from actively trying, as there are other things going on that I need to focus on.

Sorry to keep this short, but I'm in a really bad head space and need to take my focus away to something more positive for the sake of my mental health.

Lynslingboy.gif, wife to Robtrekkie.gif & Mamma to angel.gif "Moredcai" 12wks July 09, Aiden(6/1/10)banana.gif and Seth(9/7/11)babyf.gif hbac.gif  New blessing Megan(5/9/13)hearts.gifuc.jpg

#97 of 107 Old 07-27-2012, 02:32 PM

nstewart, sorry it didn't work out this time. good luck this month!

heatheresc - my cycle was wierd this time & last time. last cycle was 26 days (weird for me) and this cycle I thought I O'd on CD15, never had a positive OPK, but based on CM. Then I randomly did another opk and got a smiley face on CD21. I thought there was no chance, since my last cycle was only 26 days, but I somehow got to 14dpo, took a test with fmu yesterday and got a positive saying 2-3 weeks since conception. (Then a neg urine test at doctor, then a positive blood test). So even with a weird cycle, we were somehow lucky!

Now I just have to stay relaxed and remember that anything can happen over the next couple of months. I've had early losses before, so my doctor is going to book me in for an early u/s to try to see a heartbeat to put us at ease.

Good luck to all you ladies as you ttc! Please send sticky thoughts my way! Thanks for all the support over the past couple months.

#98 of 107 Old 07-28-2012, 01:16 PM

SandyLoam, congratulations! I pray all goes well with this baby! Have you looked into progesterone supplementation? Just a thought.

Thanks for the encouragement, too...maybe this cycle will be the one for me, too! Still waiting to O...

#99 of 107 Old 07-29-2012, 02:05 PM

WooHoo, SandyLoam! Congratulations!

I can be moved to 2ww now. (sorry i can't bold on my phone.) I had O pains the day after we BD. Crossing my fingers that we stand a chance.

Mom to 5 amazing kids! (DS8, DS7, DD4, DD2 and DS0)

#100 of 107 Old 07-29-2012, 06:28 PM

Hi everyone! I haven't read through the thread, but we've been trying for our 2nd for over 6 months so I thought I'd join! My dd just turned 3 last month and nurses 2-3 times a day. My dh is worried that the nursing is interfering with us getting pregnant. I believe that I ovulate (I've been charting for maybe 6 years) and my cycle came back regularly at 11 months pp. I have symptoms around O day (cramping, O pain, cm) and get a positive OPK every month, but I don't chart my temps anymore. Is there any evidence that breastfeeding so little can prevent pregnancy? We got pregnant the second month ttc for both pregnancies I've had (the first m/c at 5 weeks), and both my sisters get pregnant either on accident or the first try even while bf (both have 4 kids). We weren't expecting it to take this long (though I know it really isn't very long compared to so many). Looking forward to getting to know you all!

Mama to my little social butterfly 6/13/09

#101 of 107 Old 07-30-2012, 10:21 AM

Hoooooray SandyLoam!  Best wishes for a healthy pregnancy!! 

So this is my 1st month temping since my first PPAF on July 15th.  My temps started out very low, but then I was put on a 9 day dose of prednisone for poison ivy and my temps have been way out of wack since then.  Significantly higher but with an occasional low.  FF thinks I've possibly ovulated at 10 dpo which was the 1st day I started OPK's.  THey have all been negative.  Do any of you have any experience with temping while on prednisone or any other steroids?  I don't know if it is messing with my temps or what.  It could be simply that it is my first cycle since AF came back.  I'm just so anxious for Baby #2, I'm driving myself crazy analyzing my chart and wondering....  Any thoughts...?  =-)

I consider myself as still waiting to O since all OPK's have been negative.  I'm hoping FF got it wrong.  OPK's should be pretty trustworthy, right?

#102 of 107 Old 07-30-2012, 11:56 AM

Congrats SandyLoam!

I think I O'ed on Saturday so am now in the 2WW - not testing til 14DPO.

Married to my wonderful DH 5/2010, Mom to DS1 Kayden 7-14-2011 wild.gif and DS2 Jakob 8-29-2013 babyf.gif

Owned by Friesians and Drum Horses, plus the dogs, cats, rabbits and chickens

#103 of 107 Old 07-30-2012, 02:25 PM

SandyLoam - Congrats! Fingers crossed for a sticky bean! :)

Myfairbabies - it's hard to tell since some nursing moms have no issues getting pregnant while other have to wean in order to see a bfp (or maybe it's just a concidence?). How long do you think your luteal phase is? Sometimes, in some women, high(er) levels of prolactin may supress progesterone levels, thus either making the lp short or preventing the egg from implanting.

AFM - turns out I probably know my body even less than I thought I did. I thought I was ovulating when I saw ewcm and cervix was SHOW. But this weekend when I was supposed to get AF I felt my cervix (we were going swimming for the day and I wanted to know if af is coming - and prepare with a tampon) and sure enought there was blood. Dark. Cramps, too. I went to see after a while if it had gotten a lot worse and no more blood since. Today I tested and there is a faint line (visible, just not as dark as the control line). I'm puzzled as we weren't trying, I was not counting days, feeling cervix, etc. All I remember is that we had sex good 5 days (at least) after last ewcm. Now, of course, I may have extremely low levels of progesterone like the last time, so I can't even be excited. And, I also don't quite believe it because since all those months trying we only got pregnant twice during two months we really didn't care and barely had sex (and by my estimates, timing was bad - obviously I'm bad at it). The nurse was nice and said to come on Wed for a beta and progesterone levels. For now, you guys are the only ones to know, I'm not even telling my husband yet. He has too much going on and was worried about me the last time and frustrated so I'm not giving him any false hopes or worries as of now.

Did you have implantation with any of your pregnancies? I had spotting with dd (that made it to toilet paper, I thought it was a period starting) and none with the pregnancy I miscarried (never felt my cervix that time around). This time I don't think it would have made it to the toilet paper...so I'm wondering if all of my successful pregnancies have to have noticeable IB? What is your experience?

Baby dust and sticky babies to all of us!

Mom to dd born Dec 2009 hearts.gif, our little troublemaker hide.gif . cd.gif hang.gif fly-by-nursing1.giffamilybed1.gif

#104 of 107 Old 08-02-2012, 06:25 AM

Hello ladies! I'm a lurker, and don't post often, but I just wanted to let y'all know that I got a BFP this morning! It was a faint line, but a line for sure.

My DD is 23 months old, and we've been trying for 5 months.

Hope to see you all in the April DDC!

Mama to baby girl, born 9/10; expecting baby #2 4/13.

#105 of 107 Old 08-02-2012, 09:40 AM

Last week was a difficult one for me. DH was working crazy hours and I was doing all the parenting alone, along with having NO transport anyway and being all emotional with TTC and my 40th approaching.

So we have made an agreement for DH to change his hours a little one day a week so I can have the car for going out with the boys. Then on Saturday I got to go out by myself (only 2nd time in 2 years) to get my hair cut and colored. It felt so decadent being out by myself for the afternoon and spending over 3 hours just in the hairdressers. Last time I went out alone I was 6 months pregnant with DS2 and spend the whole time wanting to be home. This time I enjoyed every minute I was gone, and I think it was good for the boys to have some time with daddy without mama being around.

I'm either 9PDO or 11DPO depending on which O date I go by. Either way that is a longer LP than last month. My temp took a dip yesterday so I really thought AF would show, but she didn't and my temp went back up this morning. So I'm still in the 2WW which is good news. DH finishes work for a week of vacation on 10th, so I'm going to try and wait until 11th to test if AF still hasn't shown up. That way I don't waste the last test I have, and if she is that late it is pretty likely to be positive by then.

Congratulations on the BFPs, and hope to be joining you in the April DDC.

Lynslingboy.gif, wife to Robtrekkie.gif & Mamma to angel.gif "Moredcai" 12wks July 09, Aiden(6/1/10)banana.gif and Seth(9/7/11)babyf.gif hbac.gif  New blessing Megan(5/9/13)hearts.gifuc.jpg

#106 of 107 Old 08-03-2012, 09:22 AM

Hi! I'm Kaitlin :) I'm 24, happily married for 5 years this month and living in Northern Alberta, Canada. I love making art, knitting, cooking and preserving food (we're vegan), and being home with my baby.

My daughter is 13 months old, and I haven't had a post-partum period yet. I'm spotting right now (probably due to being on the first week of 'sugar pills' since switching to hormonal BC from the mini-pill). I'm DONE DONE DONE with birth control now, and nervously, anxiously embarking with my husband on another TTC adventure. My last pregnancy was traumatic and my mental health suffered greatly (I have OCD, and it's greatly aggravated by pregnancy), and the thought of doing it again frightens me, but I want another baby. I have more support in place now and am much better equipped to deal with my feelings so while I am afraid, I'm as ready as I'll ever be!

My Ovulation Chart

Artist and DIY enthusiast on a happiness quest, I'm a crafty Mama to my sweet girl, pos.gif #2 due Dec 2013

Vegan. treehugger.gif EBF. winner.jpg
#107 of 107 Old 08-03-2012, 12:08 PM

Thoughts I'd get the August thread started!

http://www.mothering.com/community/t/1359774/nursing-mamas-ttc-in-august

If there's any updates that have been missed, please post them there (in bold) and I'll update it!

Married to my wonderful DH 5/2010, Mom to DS1 Kayden 7-14-2011 wild.gif and DS2 Jakob 8-29-2013 babyf.gif

Owned by Friesians and Drum Horses, plus the dogs, cats, rabbits and chickens

Tags
Trying To Conceive

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page