Nursing Mamas TTC - July! - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 07-03-2012, 11:30 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Hi Ladies, the July thread is HERE!

Here's to hoping that summer vacations mean more time to BD and that all the fireworks spread baby dust on everyone!

As I haven't hosted before, please let me know if I miss making any required updates, if your chart isn't properly linked, etc. etc.  Please as for changes in BOLD.

The Plan for July

pos.gifstork-boy.gifbelly.gifdust.gifpos.gifstork-girl.gifbelly.gifdust.gif

Waiting to be ready

Lidamama84

Waiting to Catch the First PP Egg!

AnkaJones

DS 9mo

MyName

DS 12 months

MommyKlein

TTC#7, 14mo nursling

Jules09

DD 19mo

MyKidKissTrees

16mo

stretch358

DS 15 months

Jen&James

DD 19 months

Babysmurf

DS20mos

Waiting to Ovulate

LivingSky BFPChart2.gif

Lynann

boomer78 

jr'smom

4 months TTC #5, DD 14 months

Heatheresc

Brogansmomma

DC13.5mos

NewMama2BBBoy
DS9mos

erigeron

DC 13 months

nstewart

DS 24 months

2WW

2cutiestolove

DS6yo, DD16mo, 4PPAF

Jas87

17mo nursling

sweetokb

DD 18 months

outerspacemama

northwoods

DD 21 months, 4PPAF

cormama

TTC #3, 24mo nursling

umma79

6 months TTC, 5PPAF, DS 22 months + DS4

SandyLoam

DD 23 months

erigeron

DC 12 months

Hannybanany

DS 15 mos

Our Most Recent Success Stories

July

Tear78

June

Letileon 

DS 23 months

Hopeful Jo

8 PPAF, 8mo TTC, DS 17mo

May

Chloe'smamachartnew.gif

4 months ttc, 4ppaf, dd1-3.75, dd2 -20 months

OrganicViolin

April

mothershipchartnew.gif2 mo TTC, 15 PPAF, DD 24 mo

OSUvet 1 PPAF, DS 13 months

March

gardenbelle chart1new.gif

9 months TTC, 9 PPAF, DD 22 months (the nurser) and DS 3 1/2

Julie 8 mo DS, 2 PPAF

CityMama2QDD 20 MO

February

Lairac

Sere234 8 PPAF, 3 months TTC, DS 18 mo

icy02 6 PPAF, ds 19 m/o & ds 3 y/o

Pittnurse08chartnew.gif18PPAF, 1 cycle ttc, DD 26m

January

Batia 9 PPAF, DS ~20 m/o

Carlin chartnew.gif3 months TTC, 5 PPAF, DD 26 m/o

carmen358 5 months TTC, 8 PPAF, DD 23 m/o

Jewels*10 PPAF, DD 12 m/o

Mittens6 PPAF, 2 months TTC, DD 23 m/o

kelantan6 PPAF, 8 months TTC, DS 16 m/o

amydiane9 months TTC #3, DD 29 m/o

Ava's Mama chartnew.gif12 months TTC, 10 PPAF, DD 34 m/o

Please put all changes in bold!

N, wife to my goofball K partners.gif and mamma to my EC grad D (July 2010) and my new little love S (May 2013).  Exploring the uncharted territory of tandem nursing with my two boys.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-03-2012, 12:52 PM

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Thanks for the new thread! smile.gif

Our little miracles are here!!joy.gif
energy.gif DD Born 7/15/11 biggrinbounce.gif DS Born 4/3/13
love.giflove.gif Keep growing healthy and strong, beautiful little fighter babies!!!

Auntie to Nell, Greta, Maggie, and Elsa!

Remembering our 3 losses

Old 07-03-2012, 02:17 PM

I'll join!  Hoped I might not need to but 8-9 dpo today and BFN so am probably going to be around for a while longer.

Am getting lots of 'trick' symptoms that I don't think are symptoms at all.  Eg. pressure in cervix while sitting down but having been sitting down the entire day at work that kind of explains it.  CM has gone from lotiony watery to pale yellow stretchy (I had hope after this) and is now turning clear stretchy/ewcm (completely losing hope now).  I think I also tricked myself in to feeling over tired by wanting to be pregnant so much that I actually became really tired. 

AF due in about 4-5 days but I'm not even sure I O'd so am trying to take my mind off it all by erm... googling two week wait symptoms every spare minute I have, reading and rereading about different colours/textures of pre-bfp-cm and generally not managing very well to keep my mind off it!!

Good luck everyone hope we all get our BFP's this month

Mama to my beautiful boy DS superhero.gif 22 months and belly.gifnumber 2 due June '13

Old 07-04-2012, 09:23 AM

Thanks for hosting, nstewart!

Monday, I hope you did O and get your BFP this month!

Please move me to Waiting to O. I am having the weirdest cycle ever. =( I'm on day 35, and FF has given and taken away crosshairs twice now. I usually have a really clear temp shift, and it is definitely not there. I think maybe some extra stresses this month threw me off.  I've also continued having some sporadic CM, somewhat fertile looking, but not as clear. I don't know what to make of it! Is there anything I can do to just get this cycle to end, if I haven't/am not ovulating? I would love any advice, because I've never had this happen before and I'm really disappointed! I'm 33, btw, so too young to be going premenopausal, right?!?

Old 07-04-2012, 02:24 PM - Thread Starter

Hi all, updated to here!

Welcome Monday!  I remember going a bit crazy during the 2ww with DS.  I've decided that I'm going to try to chill out this time and try not to get all wrapped up before AF is late (easy to say when you're still waiting to O the first month of TTC, right?? LOL).  I'm telling you this so you can make fun of me later this month as I totally go insane during my TWW! haha.

Heatheresc, I am afraid I'm of little help! Stress can delay O, so maybe you are getting CM where your body is gearing up to O but then it doesn't get quite the hormones it needs to actually O, so then you start gearing up again?  That's all I can think...I know some women do start menopause very young, but I don't know how young and I don't think its very common.  More likely you just haven't O'd yet I think.

AFM, hanging out on CD6.  Boring...

Where is everyone?  I guess it's quiet with Canada Day, 4th of July, and summer stuff in general...

N, wife to my goofball K partners.gif and mamma to my EC grad D (July 2010) and my new little love S (May 2013).  Exploring the uncharted territory of tandem nursing with my two boys.

Old 07-05-2012, 06:46 AM

I got my BFP this morning!  It was with second morning dribble that I squeezed out using cheapy test (it costs £1 for 3 tests) Very very faint but definately a pink line.  So my symptoms were not imaginary!!  That flint in my cervix feeling must have been to do with implantation and all the mild on and off cramps are too.  I just got home from work and did another cheapie test so it would be 5 hours later and 2 drinks later and got another very faint line.  I just hope tomorrow morning is a stronger line.  Please dont move me yet, I'm only 10-11 dpo so want to be a bit cautious. I hope it's catching and you all get your bfp's soon too.

Mama to my beautiful boy DS superhero.gif 22 months and belly.gifnumber 2 due June '13

Old 07-05-2012, 08:23 AM

Congrats Monday!

Heather SC stress can definitly delay O , hoping this cycle sorts it self out soon for you.

For those waiting to catch the first egg, do you regulary POAS or do you just do it if you feel symptomy.  I have a ton of internet cheapies and am considering testing weekly, tell me I am crazy. LOL

DS 4/11

Old 07-05-2012, 09:20 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by stretch358 View Post

For those waiting to catch the first egg, do you regulary POAS or do you just do it if you feel symptomy.  I have a ton of internet cheapies and am considering testing weekly, tell me I am crazy. LOL

Congrats Monday!!

stretch, I was (then wasn't, due to a job change) trying to catch the first PP egg.  Maybe it is different for others, but I could definetely tell when my body was gearing up to O.  It geared up a few times before I did O, but I could tell. I had CM changes, I broke out (my skin was AMAZING up until that point which I was loving because I've always struggled with bad skin), etc. So others might have different thoughts but I might test when I thought I had symptom changes.

Old 07-05-2012, 10:22 AM

Can you move me to the 2ww. At first FF had me down as O last Thursday, so I was all happy thinking I already had that first week of waiting over with. Then today I added my temps for the last 3 days and it moved O to Saturday. So now I'm only 5DPO. The good news is that I did appear to actually O, which was my main reason for going back to charting temps.

With the first O day we had a good possibility of a girl this time, but the new O day would probably give us another boy. We have 2 boys already, and I'd really love a girl this time. We play on team green though, so I won't find out until birth (if it does happen this month) and another boy won't be a bad thing. We have everything we could ever need for a boy, and then some. I love watching my 2 year old and almost 10 month old becoming best friends, so another brother to add to their little gang would be great too. Having a girl is more about me, and wanting to make little dresses and bows, and share my love of the Little House books with a daughter.

Congratulations Monday, how exciting. Praying you have a sticky bean, and that I can join you in the March DDC.

There are already 2 ladies from my last DDC already pregnant, and I really hoped I'd be first since I only had 6 months between pregnancies last time. While I hope to have a close gap this time too I am also so thankful that part of the reason I'm not already pregnant is because DS2 is still breast feeding. DS1 got lactose overload and not knowing enough we ended up switching to formula at almost 3 months, I thought we would do both, but DS1 refused to nurse once he got a belly full of formula. I was so concerned about the same thing happening again, and this time DS2 has thrived on my milk. He has been taking it by bottle for almost a month now, as he wouldn't stay latched on long enough for me to even let down, and once he got the freedom of expressed milk in a bottle he has completely refused to nurse too. I'm still an overproducer, and just 5 min on a double pump gives me 10oz (6oz left & 4oz right), but at least I can see a healthy amount of fat in there (lack of fat and volume of milk was the issue behind DS1 having lactose overload) I'm building a nice freezer stash without any extra effort just in case my milk dries up after getting pregnant. DS2 will be 10 months on Saturday and I'd like to keep him on breast milk as long as possible (even though his brother keeps trying to give him cows milk from his straw sippy.)

Anyway sorry about getting so off topic. I'm trying to think about anything other than the 2ww right now.

Lynslingboy.gif, wife to Robtrekkie.gif & Mamma to angel.gif "Moredcai" 12wks July 09, Aiden(6/1/10)banana.gif and Seth(9/7/11)babyf.gif hbac.gif  New blessing Megan(5/9/13)hearts.gifuc.jpg

Old 07-05-2012, 10:43 AM

Congrats, Monday! Stick, bean, stick! goodvibes.gif

Lynann, baby dust to you! I am happy for the girls in our DDC, but I'm also more than a little jealous. I just don't want to have to TTC again...um...ever. I want to just get pregnant in a snap and not worry about it. But we can't control these things, so I'm trying to be patient. I hope you get your quick BFP!

love.giflove.gif Keep growing healthy and strong, beautiful little fighter babies!!!

Remembering our 3 losses

Old 07-05-2012, 12:04 PM

Yay, Monday! Congratulations!!!
I'm glad I O'd early this month or I would have no chance of conceiving. We're having a great trip, but no chance to BD. I'm also glad I'm somewhat preoccupied during this 2ww. I'll be home to start testing and obsessing next week though.

Mom to 5 amazing kids! (DS8, DS7, DD4, DD2 and DS0)

Old 07-05-2012, 12:53 PM

stretch - I poas pretty much every day when waiting to catch first egg from when I started getting cm.  I did O tests and hpt's and drove dh mad discussing the lines - or lack of - every day over dinner.  I was a fluke though that I even caught the first O as I had run out and bought a new batch of tests and hadnt opened the bag yet, then I randomly thought to take an OPK and it was full blown positive so called dh back home immediately.  I remember that I had 'cycles' of almost ewcm and a LOT of it, I think I had about 3 cycles of it which is consistant with a research paper I read that goes in to great detail about CM cycles, nursing and ttc but obvisouly every one is different.

Old 07-05-2012, 08:45 PM

Monday - I would love to read that research paper, I'm a geek like that.  I never got much EWCM to start with and I have not been checking my CM regularly.   I am having O type pain though.  I am going to try to check my CM more.  I also want to start temping again to see how stable my am numbers are so i can see if it is even woth the bother to temp while still co -sleeping. 

DS 4/11

Old 07-06-2012, 05:24 AM

I'm really crampy this morning at about 10dpo (I think, maybe). I've never had cramping as a pregnancy sign before, so I think I may be in for a super short LP this month. Maybe it's just the burritos we ate last night.... upsidedown.gif

Remembering our 3 losses

Old 07-06-2012, 11:33 AM

Hi ladies!

Congrats, Monday! Hope all goes well for you and your tiny babe! And I'd like to see that research paper, too.

Tear78, I heard you on not TTC! I have several friends who are always surprised by new pregnancies, and I envy their relaxed approach and closely spaced children! Oh well...

AFM, I think I finally O'ed, so please move me to TWW. Unfortunately, since my signs were so confusing, our timing wasn't great. I'm trying not to have expectations for this month, but of course deep down I'm hoping that it will be our lucky month! I'm only 3 DPO, but since my LP has been consistently 10 days, I guess I only have a week to go!

Old 07-06-2012, 03:32 PM

Congratulations, Monday! Happy pregnancy to you!

AFM: I've barely been in this group, but might have to move to another thread soon. I weaned my daughter from her nap-time nursing a couple of weeks ago (around her 2nd birthday) and she just had her first few days ever without nursing. We were busy and she was eating well, then we were visiting friends at the lake and she seemed to forget about it. Then we got home and she seemed to remember, but she has not had a particularly nice latch the past couple of months so we've been keeping it brief when she has nursed. Like a minute or 2 once of twice a day. So.....I thought she'd be nursing another 6 months or so, but I think we're almost done. We're ending on a good, relaxed, happy note so that's great. She seems to be having no trouble with it at all. I was a little surprised though!

I'm on CD16 (last cycle was 26 days). Not sure if I ovulated, but I've had watery fluid for about 5 days, and my cervix was high, soft and open a few days ago, so I'm thinking I can be moved to the 2WW. I did ClearBlue OPKs (with the smiley face) since CD6 and they were all negative, so I'm not sure at all if I ovulated. I got a BBT in the mail a few days ago, so I think I'll temp next cycle to see what my body's up to. Have other people had negative OPKs and ovulated that cycle? Is it common or uncommon?

Since I'm not sure if I've O'd yet, we'll make sure to stay awake long enough to BD a few more times in the next few days. Curious how long this cycle will be since my last one was 26 days and the one before 34. Expecting AF anywhere from July 17-25 this time. Makes for a lot of guesswork!

Good luck to all the ladies waiting for their BFP this month! And best wishes to everyone who got one already!!

Old 07-06-2012, 05:53 PM - Thread Starter

Updated to here!

Old 07-07-2012, 07:48 AM

Well my BFP didn't last very long :(  was very faint, then later very very faint, then the next morning BFN but with SMU BFP and stronger than the previous morning SMU so I thought it must be doubling.  But since then it has just been so faint, sometimes less than other times which is the most confusing bit.  It is so stressful and I have POAS so many times in the last couple of days that I'm driving myself crazy.  It isn't even consistently getting fainter.  Yesterday in the afternoon after 3 drinks it was faint but quite obvious and stronger than the previous day with FMU then it was gone completey, then it was there again (on different sticks).  I don't dare POAS anymore as it is heartbreaking seeing no progression or even a consistent decrease.  I have read everywhere that a line is a line but my symptoms have completely disappeared and the last stick really was hardly there so I'm accepting it is a chemical having had 3 days of ultra faint lines.  Yesterday I cried all day and today I have tried to get on with things but keep breaking down and thinking about it and feeling sad but am just hoping AF comes soon so we can get on with the next cycle. 

I am kind of wondering if all sorts of things caused it, I had a really upsetting shock at work on the day I got my first bfp line and I wonder if that caused it, or was it that DS kicked me in the stomach while we were in bed or was it because I didn't take my prenatals every day..... etc etc..   Low progesterone is a possibility too but maybe it would jut have happened anyway.

I probably won't be here much for a while as I want to take my mind off ttc for a couple of weeks at least and relax.  Thankyou for this thread though and thanks every one and baby dust..

Stretch - I will try and find that research paper and post it on here for you

Bye xx

Old 07-07-2012, 08:06 AM - Thread Starter

I'm really sorry Monday. hug2.gif

Do you want me to remove you from the thread for now?

Old 07-07-2012, 11:46 AM

yes please, thank you

Old 07-08-2012, 07:46 AM

I'm so sorry, Monday. Thinking of you.

Old 07-08-2012, 11:11 AM

So sorry for your loss, Monday.

Old 07-09-2012, 09:40 AM

So sorry Monday

Tear, I completely understand not wanting to TTC. With my first BFP we m/c at 9-12 weeks (loooong story) and I was so desperate to get pregnant again. I only had 1 AF then a BFP. DS1 was only 6 months old when we fell pregnant again with DS2, but we were not nursing (another loooong story) so I truly expected it would be so easy to get pregnant again with another baby. So not true this time.

My cycle is still all over the place. After increasingly long cycles for 3 months straight I decided to chart my temp to see if I was even ovulating. I got a confirmed O for the same day (cd20) on 2 different websites and so figured it would be an exciting 2ww to see if this was the month.

Then on Saturday my temp dropped, but I was in denial so I retook my temp a couple of hours later (I got up first time to pee) and it looked like it was back up some. Then Saturday night AF arrived AT 7DPO mecry.gif

So I'm back to waiting to O and charting for another cycle.

DH suggested that maybe it was my body resetting back to the 27.5 day cycle I've had since I was 14. I adore his positive attitude, but I really wanted to be pregnant by now. I know it will happen when it happens, but the 7 day luteal phase this past cycle has me concerned. Hopefully it will get back to normal soon.

Lynslingboy.gif, wife to Robtrekkie.gif & Mamma to angel.gif "Moredcai" 12wks July 09, Aiden(6/1/10)banana.gif and Seth(9/7/11)babyf.gif hbac.gif  New blessing Megan(5/9/13)hearts.gifuc.jpg

Old 07-09-2012, 11:58 AM

Hi everyone! I've been following the posts, even though we are still waiting to TTC, but I have a question: I'm currently taking prenatal/postpartum vitamins to make sure my folic acid levels are good for when we start TTCing, but they expire this month. Would you keep taking them or buy a new batch? I know expiry dates on medicine can be optional...like our one-year expired Alka-Seltzer still works, lol, but I'm not really sure about something like folic acid. Any suggestions?

Wife to one amazing man and mama to three!

DD1 (03/09), DD2 (06/11), DS (01/14) love.gif

2014: 30/70lbs, 4/52 crafts
Old 07-10-2012, 09:21 AM

Monday - So sorry for your loss.

DS 4/11

Old 07-10-2012, 10:23 AM - Thread Starter

Updated to here.

Lidamama84, would you like me to add you to our roster under "waiting to be ready"?  Sorry, I don't have a good answer for your question...I wonder if the expiry is because the ingredients lose their potency?  If you know a good pharmacist (not one who's just going to try to sell you new vitamins!) that might be a good resource to ask.  Oh, and that reminds me, I should take my prenatal today! 

Old 07-10-2012, 01:37 PM

Yes, please go ahead and add me to Waiting to be ready. I wondered the same thing about the potency of ingredients, but I don't know any trustworthy pharmacists to ask. I should probably just go to the health food store to get new ones, but since we aren't even TTC, I figure I could just save the cost and use up the old ones first...probably only a month's worth left and I hate waste :(

Wife to one amazing man and mama to three!

DD1 (03/09), DD2 (06/11), DS (01/14) love.gif

2014: 30/70lbs, 4/52 crafts
Old 07-10-2012, 01:48 PM

Sorry Lidamama, I don't know the answer to that either. If it's just a month's supply I'd probably use them up too.

I have a question for those of you who are TTC #3 or more. Did finding out about #2 feel the same as it did with #1? Let me explain--when I got pregnant with DS, I was not using OPK but I was pretty confident we had great timing and I swear I had some weird symptoms soon after ovulating. Within 24 hours I had several intense cramps and a wave of intense nausea, I kept waking up in the middle of the night to pee, which *never* happens, and I had a faint line by 7 DPO, and a bright line at 9 DPO.

I'm in the 2WW and so of course I wonder if it will be similar the next time, which it certainly hasn't been this month. I just took a test at 7DPO and there was nothing. Oh well, just curious how similar/different other women's first, second, or subsequent pregnancies were.

Old 07-10-2012, 06:06 PM

Heather, I felt pretty much the same in early pregnancy with #1-#3.  I had to pee all night long and my fingers swelled up and I had nausea very early on.   #4 snuck up on me--no very early signs.  I had counted myself out for that cycle when one day I realized I had been nauseous all day and AF hadn't arrived yet.  I took a test and sure enough BFP. 

Speaking of nausea, I've had it on and off all day.  Maybe it's just because I didn't eat enough but I can't help but hope!  I'm 8dpo, I tested when I got home tonight since I had the nausea all day and got a BFN.  Crossing my fingers for tomorrow.  My BFPs often show up at 9dpo.

Mom to 5 amazing kids! (DS8, DS7, DD4, DD2 and DS0)

Old 07-10-2012, 07:11 PM

Monday - I'm so sorry for your loss. :(  A similar thing happened to me a few months ago, I miscarried at almost 7 weeks. I had an extremely low progesterone.

AFM - I don't really know what I'm doing anymore. I was convinced to stop ttc completely as of next period that's already here, it's driving me insane. Last month I tried OPK, they never got positive. My cycles are all over the place, I don't think I even ovulate anymore, but felt like I used to a few months ago. I have no clue what my body is doing. Vitex seems to mess my cycles up even more. Maybe I should just forget TTC...if only it wasn't so hard. I did start nursing more often again though. We were back to once a day, now it's twice - she loves nursing too much. I find it funny how everyone is getting pregnant around me almost by an accident now. The only thing I'm sure of right now is that I won't wean dd. Of course my friends think I'm a complete lunatic for even still bf her. They also tell me of course I have problems, I got my first ppaf when dd was about 19 months. That I just have to laugh about. :)

Mom to dd born Dec 2009 hearts.gif, our little troublemaker hide.gif . cd.gif hang.gif fly-by-nursing1.giffamilybed1.gif

Tags
Trying To Conceive
User Tag List